Fairground Fun

#1 draft published 24/8/16

Beatrice's POV

After our little incident this morning, and Warren giving me a very extensive explanation to why it is 'completely normal', he offered me a shower.

Before going in, Warren handed me a black t-shirt of his which I could wear which would probably come down to my mid-thigh...Hell no! He's not using his sneaky ways to fulfil some kind of messed up fantasy of 'the morning after'. Fvck that!

Therefore I gave his top straight back to him and he told me to find something in his draws, laughing of course (we'd been doing a lot of that this morning). I ended up finding some of his sweatpants and a long-sleeved grey t-shirt.

After showering in his shower which has a head the size of a planet I proceeded to get changed and go downstairs.

As soon as I left the room I smelt.... Nothing. I was hoping for pancakes, or maybe bacon... But zilch.

I trotted down his grand staircase and saw Warren perched on the island of kitchen with a bowl of cereal in his hands.

When he noticed my presence he turned around and scanned my body with a vacant expression. What is wrong with him? I am wearing the most unattractive outfit I could find!

He clears his throat and looks back to his cereal,
"Want any breakfast?" He grumbles,
"Well, I should probably go home at som-" his head shot up and he furrowed his brows as if saying, no way in hell am I letting that happen.

So I took a heavy, pointed sigh and chirped,
"A banana, please." He nodded his head towards a fruit bowl on the island,
"You're not one of those girls who has to eat, like, 23 pieces of fruit a day, are you?"
I scoff and retort,
"Hell no, I just love bananas."

I lean across him to reach the bowl and find myself breathing his scent as I do so. What the hell am I? A werewolf? You are not Jacob, Bea!

Im shaken from my thoughts when I hear Warren mumble,
"Rain, Long showers and Bananas."

I cock my head to the side and furrrow my brows at him and his cheeks turn a peachy colour, as if he didn't mean to say that out-loud.

"What is that Warren? Your shopping list?" I say incredulously.
He clears his throat once more, still not looking at me and mutters,
"It's the things I know that you like."

Silence. That is what follows.

He was making a list?! What the hell?

Warren's POV

Oh my God this is so awkward. Why did I have to open my mouth?!

I jump down from my spot in the counter and try and act like I am unperturbed. I shove my empty bowl in the sink and clap my hands together.
"Well, I guess we're not just going to sit here all day talking about how great I am so let's go out." Bea raises her eyebrow at my suggestion in an adorable way and I start to worry, maybe she doesn't want to see me anymore, maybe she's sick of me.

"Warren. I don't have anything to wear." She says, like I'm stupid.

I begin walking away from her but say, "we can stop off at your house then, we will commence: Beatrice and Warren's day of Fun!!"
*I really hope someone understands that  F.R.I.E.N.D.S reference*

******

I'm waiting in my car, outside of Bea's house. I still felt a bit worried bringing Bea here but as long as I was with her I knew she was safe.