It All Started So Well

#1 draft published 1/9/16

All of the love this book is getting makes me so happy so please keep it coming! Also I completely welcome constructive criticism!

I try to reply to all of the comments, especially the really lovely people who I've previously mentioned (you know who you are!) Thank you! Now you may actually read the story...

Warren's POV:

I hadn't meant to make her feel like that. When I had seen Beatrice sitting in the corner of my tree house, trembling in soaked clothes and breathing raggedly, all I had wanted to do was kiss her tears away and let her cuddle into my arms.

I had slightly succumb to that want but not enough, I still wanted more from her.

I am now back in my bedroom.

I had come home, after dropping off a sleepy Beatrice, and had received plenty of hugs and kisses from my Mother whereas my dad just stared at me and called me selfish and told me that James would never allow them to worry like that.

I wish James were here now to help me. But he can't ever be here again. The treehouse is the closest thing I have to being with him, that's why I went there today.

I slump onto my bed after kicking off my dirty boots and pull out my phone. I dial Bea's mobile number without a second of hesitation.

"Hola," Beatrice says groggily from the other line.
"I'm not doing a very good job at staying away from you am I?" I say chuckling and smiling like a goon.
"Well," she begins, sounding thoughtful, "you're technically not near me right now so I can't find a problem Mr. Mason," she finishes chuckling sensually.

We stay up for at least an additional 2 hours.

I slyly bring up the topic of how we will act around each other at school, as I was getting very concerned already.

"So what if someone shows interest in one of us?" I say, trying to sound as neutral as I can.
"Well, it's none of my business, so I'll just stay out of it," she states plainly, but to me it sounds more like she's trying to convince herself.

"And if someone takes interest in you Bea?" I drawl. She snorts in a way that makes me smile because I know she's comfortable with me,
"I don't think there's any risk of that so you will be fine," she says, still laughing bluntly.

"Beatrice what are you talking about? You're beautiful, you're smart, you're... Eye opening." I say hardly believing what lovey-dovey crap is coming out of my mouth. There's silence in the other end and I just imagine her blushing.

"I'm certain it won't take long for a nice guy like, I don't know (I totally knew), Dustin, to notice how special you are and sweep you off your feet." I say, my heart hurting a little bit more with each word. Ew, when did I turn into this person?

"Well, I don't know how much 'sweeping' will be involved, but... I want a lot more than 'nice'." I perk up slightly and a small smirk plays on my lips even though she can't see me.

"Like what?" I coax.

However, then bee started making static noses with her voice and hissing into the phone and was saying, "I'm loosing you," and "there's no signal," and "I'll talk later," and then she hung up and I was left laughing to myself on the bed at how crazy she was.

I text one final thing before I attempt to go to sleep,
"It's going to be hard to ignore you tomorrow," I send. She replies within a matter of seconds: