Put Some Gloves On

#1 draft published 1/8/16

Who better to play the schools bitch (Alissa) than Regina George herself?

Beatrice's POV

Me and Warren walk side by side in silence, and surprisingly it isn't awkward. Every now and then I feel his eyes on me but it doesn't bother me. In a strange way, he made me feel safe. Not that I would ever tell anyone that.

We arrive at my door just as the rain slows.
"Thank you for walking all this way with me, while you now have to go back and get you car, for no reason what so ever." I say sarcastically but I'm still smiling at him and he chuckles.

"Are you going to be alone here?" He asks gently, but still firmly.
"Nope, but Rebecca and Ollie are coming over," for some reason he visibly tenses and his expressions becomes hard. So we stand there in the waning rain in silence, and this time it is, indeed awkward.

"Ok, thanks," I say backing towards my door, but then as he turns to walk away, Rebecca's white Mercedes SL pulls up with her and Ollie sitting in it.

Rebecca had got changed since school and was wearing a pair of short, cotton shorts and a slouchy top, exposing her long tanned legs. Warren certainly seemed to notice as he looked her up and down in a vulgar way and said,
"Hey Becs," and winked.

What the hell?! Why was he being a total dick again?!

"Don't call me 'Becs'. We're not friends." She said walking over to me and giving me a hug. Then Ollie came over and looked at my drenched hair and chuckled,
"Looks like someone got carried away with her rain fetish." And crushed me in a bear hug.

I looked over at Warren again with a stern face as I had been reminded about how much of a twat he was.

"Call me Becs," he said walking cockily back the way him and I came.

"He's disgusting" I mutter as we walk inside and they all agree.

We all plop down and Ollie sits in the middle on the couch as me and Becca sit on opposite ends with our legs draped over his lap. Obviously Ollie had to take one for the team.

We watched 21 and 22 Jump Street for the billionth time and we all drifted off to sleep after chatting for hours about pointless shit.

Having my two best friends here almost made me forget that Ethan was still obsessing over me.

Almost.

******

The next morning I drive myself, Ollie and Becca into school. The radio is blaring out but all I can hear is Ollie and Rebecca screeching at me to slow down.

"Come on guys! If you can't handle the speed, get out of my steed!" I yell, speeding up even more.

We end up making it into school in one piece after getting an earful from them both. We all hop out of my car, chuckling and teasing each other.

"I don't know how you got your driving licence!" Rebecca says and I give her a playful shove on the shoulder, however when Rebecca shoves me back it happens to concoct badly with my natural clumsiness as I start tumbling backwards and my back lands heavily on the concrete.

I groan and open my eyes slowly to see the worst thing I could have thought of. I had landed right in the middle of where all of the 'Queen Bs' and 'Jocks' were sitting. They're all sniggering down at me with looks of disgust. All of a sudden a big masculine hand comes into my view.