Elephant's in the Room

#1 draft published 5/9/16

Guys, can we just take a moment to appreciate that I uploaded two days in a row even though I've just gone back to school... Now that's commitment if you ask me! Thank you to CastielFeathers (great name once again, destiel forever) for voting on all of my chapters! ❤️ and also thanks to my ever loyal followers who I have replied to frequently, you know who you are 😏

Warren POV:

Is it sad to say that I've never felt as happy as I am right now?

Beatrice had waited outside school while I showered quickly and changed out of my kit. The whole time I was changing I had a small smile plastered onto my face. Guys on my team kept coming up to me and patting my shoulder.

However, I think that everyone who witnessed my impulsive move on the field thought that Bea was just a little celebratory fling. A guy called Dean came over and said, "D'you want to give her to me once you're done with her, Mason?" With a sly wink. I just chuckled when he said it but my fists were dying to burrow themselves into his smug face.

I came out and Beatrice was leaning against the wall, looking down smiling to herself. Was she smiling for the same reason I was? She looked ridiculously beautiful standing there, her long hair was floating in the breeze and her eyes seemed to have new found light in them, igniting the blue-grey flame of them.

Wow, I was so soppy now. But if it meant that I could be with Beatrice, that's who I was happy to be.

She straightened up and grinned at me as if I had just saved a puppy from a well. I slipped my hand into hers from behind and we entwined our fingers. I leant down to her and placed a slow kiss on her tender lips and she yielded to it quickly. I pulled away from it slowly and stayed in front of her face with my eyes closed, just enjoying being in her presence.

"You have no idea how good it feels to finally be able to do that," I whisper. Bea opens her lids and her pearly grey eyes stared back at me wistfully,
"Trust me... I do."

Right now we were walking through the woods towards my house, swinging our linked hands. We had been talking about our pet peeves. She told me that one of her biggest annoyances is when people are rude: being nasty to people, not doing civil things like holding the door open for people. No wonder she hated me originally.

We were talking comfortably but I could tell there was something unsaid between us.

In a pause in the conversation I decided to take my opportunity, I might ruin this perfect moment, but if I didn't say this now, there was no chance of me ever finding a moment like this with her again.

"Bea, there was a reason that we weren't together before. And that hasn't gone away," I say solemnly. She looks up at me and her hand slackens slightly on my hand but I squeeze it in encouragement.

"Yeah, I have thought of that," she begins hesitantly, "but, you're not going to like my plan," she says and I look at her quizzically.

Beatrice's POV:

"Nope. No way in hell am I letting you do that."
Warren snapped back at me after hearing the full extent of my plan.

I just look at him with my hands on my hips, like I was telling off a petulant child.

We had arrived at his house 10 minutes ago and he had been looking at me expectantly since.

"Do you really think that Becca or Ollie is going to let you go through with this?" I plop down onto his sofa and look down, fiddling with the hem of my shirt,
"Well, who said I was going to tell them..." I mumble.