No Angel

By W1LDCH1LD

Mesmerizing. Hypnotizing. Enchanting. Those three words were the adjectives that were constantly listed off f... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXXI
Epilogue

XXX

1.1K 53 9
By W1LDCH1LD

Demi played with her hair in the mirror after Clyde had fixed it all up for her. After a few days holed up in her house with Lola and Buddy, she was finally out and about again. Even though being with Alex for those few days had been amazing and he had provided her with an escape that no drug ever could, it was good to be back working and doing things. She was still in the news but the stories about her were beginning to die down and people were starting to not care anymore. Her label didn't like that too much and told her that she needed a "reinvention" to get people talking about her again. So naturally, she changed her hair, started going to the gym more often, and her new single was coming out at the end of the month.

"I think that's some of my best work yet," Clyde said as he patted her shoulder with a smile. It seemed like she had lived the past few years of her life with extensions in her head so she decided to get rid of them all, dye her hair black, and chop it off so that it only reached her shoulders. And she did feel reinvented. She felt better, bolder, and new. The way her bangs sexily covered her usual smoky eyes and the way the cut framed her baby face made her look so much older and more mature. And in a way she was.

"Auntie Demi, your hair!" Lola squealed, attacking Demi while she was sitting in the chair.

"Do you like it?"

"Yes, you look cute!" Demi giggled and picked Lola up, hoping her good mood would remain for the rest of the day. They were going to visit Dallas but she hadn't told Lola that. She missed her sister and she was sure that Lola missed her mother as well, even if she hadn't talked about it.

"You ready to go?" Demi asked as Lola nodded, wrapping her arms around Demi's neck and waving goodbye to Clyde as they left the salon. Since she came back a few days ago Lola had been glued to her hip and she honestly didn't mind. She wasn't sure how much longer Dallas would be in rehab for but she didn't have an issue with taking care of Lola for the time being.

The ride to the treatment center took a few hours and by the time they arrived, Lola was knocked out. Demi picked her up from the backseat and entered the rehab, signing herself in and waiting for one of the nurses to bring Lola to the front.

"Auntie Demi, where we at?" Lola questioned, rubbing her eyes but keeping her head on Demi's shoulder.

"We're visiting someone special, baby," Demi said as Dallas walked up to them. She saw the tears in her eyes and smiled as she turned Lola around so that she was facing her mother.

At first Lola was quiet, like she couldn't believe that Dallas was actually standing in front of her but as soon as Dallas opened her arms, Lola jumped into them and started crying and so did Dallas. Demi smiled as they reunited because she knew that they had both been missing each other. She couldn't wait for Dallas to get better and get out of here.

"I missed you," Lola whimpered as Dallas kissed her cheek and sat down.

"I missed you too. But I'll be out of here soon, okay?" Dallas reassured her as Lola nodded and rested her head on her shoulder.

"I didn't know you were bringing her."

"I thought it'd be a nice little surprise. I know you were both missing each other, and I missed you too," Demi admitted, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"I love your hair. What's been going on with you? Are things better now?"

"I think so. I just wanna focus on myself for a while, ya know? I'm so over guys," Demi said as Dallas giggled.

"You say that now but you've always been boy crazy. It's good you're focusing on yourself though. You deserve to," Dallas responded as Demi nodded. She kept saying that she was just gonna focus on herself but it was harder than it sounded.

"How are you?"

"Good. Withdrawals are a bitch though. And I miss being out in the real world because being here is almost like being in some weird mix of hell and paradise," Dallas explained. "I miss being with everyone, especially Lola. But I'm getting better and my therapist says that if I stay on the right track I'll be able to leave in about two months."

"Dal, that's great. I'm so proud of you, you honestly have no idea." Demi wrapped her arms around her sister. She just wished she could make as much progress in her personal growth as Dallas was making, but she knew that it wouldn't be that easy.

"I actually don't feel like partying. Isn't that funny? I used to love to party," Demi said as Jhene just rolled her eyes and finished fixing her hair. Since her new single was coming out, her label decided to rent out Vixen, the popular nightclub, for her and all of her celebrity friends. It would premiere at midnight and hopefully everyone would be tweeting about it. But Demi didn't feel like going to a club and partying until the break of dawn, even if her new single was coming out. She kind of just wanted to stay home.

"Once you get there, you'll want to party. Trust me," Jhene said, puckering her lips in the mirror before turning away. She grabbed her clutch as Demi finished fixing her shoes before they both left her house to head to the club.

Sean swished his drink around in his cup as he waited for Demi to arrive. After the speech that she had given him about wanting to work on herself and be a better person, he was surprised she had agreed to a party in a nightclub to release her new single. But maybe the new and improved Demi still liked to party.

Demi strutted into the club with Jhene by her side and scoped the place out. Everyone that she knew was there and then some. No one that she didn't like was there so that was a good sign. Hopefully it would be a drama free night.

"Alright tonight we're celebrating Demi Lovato's sexy new single! Demi, you wanna do the honors?" The DJ questioned as Demi nodded and walked on the small stage in the front of the club.

"It's been a long road but the one thing that has always mattered the most to me is my music. So here's my new single, Body Say, and I hope you all enjoy it!" Demi exclaimed, smiling as the opening beats to the song played and everyone immediately began to move to the music. Jhene grabbed her hand and led her to the center of the dance floor, both of them moving their hips to the song and laughing at the fact that she actually put out a song like this with a nude photoshoot to match.

"Someone is eyeing you from the bar," Jhene whispered into her ear as they continued to dance. Demi was just gonna ignore her until Jhene grabbed her hand and turned her towards the bar, gesturing to the golden skinned God with the bleached hair that was smiling at her. And it wasn't a cocky smirk like Trey or a lopsided grin like Drake, it was a real, charming smile, his teeth practically blinding her from the across the club.

"Who is that?"

"Odell Beckham Junior. He's one of Trey's friends. He's a football player for the New York Giants," Jhene explained as the song ended and everyone cheered. Demi moved through the crowd to get to the VIP section so that she could talk to Trey. It was time for him to be her wingman. She knew that she was gonna be new and improved, but having a few drinks and dancing with a guy definitely wasn't a crime.

"Hey Trey," Demi squealed, plopping in between him and Sean.

"What do you want?" Trey questioned as he rolled his eyes.

"I want you to introduce me to your friend...Odell. I saw him downstairs at the bar," Demi said as Trey shook his head.

"Introduce yourself. And you know he's friends with Drake too, right?" Trey huffed as Demi shrugged. She didn't care about Drake and his friendships. It wasn't like she was trying to date Odell. She just wanted to have some fun.

"Please?" Demi asked. Trey looked at her and nodded, grabbing her hand to take her downstairs as Sean rolled his eyes. He was glad that Demi was happy and moving on with her life, but he wasn't sure if he liked this "new and improved" Demi.

"Hey O! This is my friend, Demi. It's her party tonight," Trey introduced as him and Odell did that male handshake that annoyed Demi to no ends. But she kept the smile plastered on her face because she was trying to make a good impression.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I loved your song," Odell said, standing up from the bar to give her a hug which almost caused her to faint. He smelled even smelled delicious.

"Thank you. So uh, do you wanna dance or something? Or have some drinks?" Trey chuckled as he saw how nervous Demi was, which was completely out of character for her. Demi Lovato did not stumble on her words in front of a guy...ever.

"I'd love to buy the guest of honor some drinks," Odell eyed Trey so he took that as his cue to leave. He headed back up to the VIP section where Sean was sitting with a scowl on his face.

"Man, what is your problem? You've been in a bad mood all night," Trey questioned as Sean shook his head.

"It's nothing."

"Lemme guess. Demi got you wrapped around her finger too tight and now you've caught feelings? If I were you, I'd let it go. Demi isn't looking for anything serious and she sees you as one of her best friends. If you haven't noticed, the amount of friends that she has in this town is extremely limited, so I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize what y'all have, okay?" Trey advised. Sean nodded as Trey got up to leave because he was seriously killing his mood. Sean understood what Trey was saying and he would try to take his advice because he was well aware that nothing would ever happen between him and Demi. He just wished that he could figure out that special something that just made everyone around her fall in love with her.

"So you said you like my new song? We could go back to my house so that I can show you what it's all about," Demi cooed, drunkenly leaning on Odell as she whispered in his ear. He chuckled and lightly pushed her back, sitting her back down in the bar stool and holding her so that she wouldn't sway.

"I think you've had a bit too much to drink and way too much fun. How about we go get something to eat?" Odell suggested instead as Demi furrowed her eyebrows. Was he seriously turning her down? She wanted to be "new and improved" not lose her special touch. If Odell was turning her down for sex, who was next?

"You wanna get food? It's like eleven at night," Demi said as he shrugged and stood up, helping her out of the chair and wrapping his arm around her to keep her upright. Demi was confused as to why he wanted to take her to get food at this time but didn't say anything as he helped her into a shiny black Range Rover and drove off into the city.

"So what do you do again?"

"I'm a wide receiver for the New York Giants."

"So what is that, like football? You make all the goals?" Demi asked as Odell chuckled.

"Baby, they're called touchdowns," he responded as chills ran down her spine. Of course she had been called "baby" before but something about him saying it was completely different. And she would do anything to hear it come out of his mouth again.

They pulled up to a restaurant called "Hunt and Fish," somewhere Demi had never been before and he helped her out of the car again. Considering the fact that it was eleven at night, it wasn't very crowded and Demi was positive that they were about to close but they were seated in a discreet booth in the back anyways and their drink orders were immediately taken.

"No offense or anything but are you gay?" Demi asked after the waitress had walked away.

"Excuse me?"

"Uh, you turned me down for sex. I'm not trying to be cocky or anything but I've never been turned down before," Demi said as she sat up a little bit. Odell shook his head and chuckled a little bit.

"I'm not gay. But you're still drunk and I'm sure if you were in your right mind you wouldn't wanna have drunken sex with a stranger, now would you?" Her mind flashed back to Alex as she shook her head. She didn't want to have drunken sex with a stranger but she didn't like being turned down either. But she was surprised Odell said no because she knew tons of guys who wouldn't mind having drunken sex with her.

"Well, thanks," Demi breathed out as the waitress came back around.

"Can I get your salmon salad with light dressing on the side please?"

"Uh no, we'll both have the double bacon barbecue cheeseburger with a side of fries and coleslaw," Odell ordered instead. The waitress opened her mouth to ask a question but Odell handed her both of the menus and she finally walked away.

"You're ordering my food for me now?"

"A salad is not gonna help you sober up. You'll love it, they have the best burgers here," Odell responded as Demi rolled her eyes.

"You bring all of the girls you reject for sex here?"

"No, only the ones I really like," and then he flashed her that beautiful smile again and she couldn't even open her mouth to say anything else.

"Thanks for bringing me home. And that burger actually was really good," Demi thanked as Odell pulled up to her house.

"You're welcome. I hope you enjoyed your night and we can do this sometime again...soon," Odell responded. Demi was glad that it was dark in the car because he couldn't see the blush that was coloring in her cheeks. He opened his door and got out before helping her out of the car and walking her to her door.

"I really did have a great night with you. Way better than drunken sex," she teased as he smiled at her again.

"Have a good night, Demi." He kissed her cheek then surprisingly kissed her on her lips. There was no tongue, no aggression. It was just sweet and filled her stomach up with butterflies that made her feel lightheaded.

When he pulled away her cheeks were flushed again and she combed her fingers through her hair as she released an uncharacteristic giggle.

"Goodnight," he said before walking back to his car. The smile never left Demi's face as she entered her house, got ready for bed, and then finally went to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 70 26
This is a Demi Lovato fan fiction where in fact she is attracted to the same gender. If you are not comfortable with this than this book isn't for yo...
5.8K 130 13
In March 1964, The Beatles were in London to start shooting their first movie A Hard Day's Night. It was then, in a hotel room, that a 21 year old Pa...
50.7K 2.8K 38
Wilmer Valderrama. The man is filthy rich and only cares about himself, he's controlling, he's manipulating and most of all he's a womanizer. He's kn...
3.7K 178 32
I never thought that I would fall for a woman at first sight and she would have me jumping through hoops just to get her to be mine. It's something s...