Hopeless (A Joshaya Fanfictio...

By different-fanficsx

Maya Hart is a freshman at NYU with her best friends Riley Matthews, Farkle Minkus, Lucas Friar, Isadora Smac... More

Hopeless (A Joshaya Fanfiction)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Four

1.2K 23 7
By different-fanficsx

Chapter Four

Today Riley and I don't have any classes, so we decided to go to the mall. We're walking around with our arms hooked. "Maya."

I look up at her, "Yeah?"

"How you've been?"

I smile, "Riley, we see each other everyday."

She shrugs, "Yeah I know but you've been a bit distant when we're hanging out as a group."

I shrug, "I don't know, I guess I have a lot on my mind." 

"Well we're best friends, and you should talk to me about it."

I was saved by my phone ringing. I look down at my phone and see that it's a phone call from my mom. "It's my mom, I have to take this." She sighs and I walk away from her and walk towards a quiet spot. "Hey ma." 

"Hey, Maya." 

I run my fingers through my hair, "What's going on?"

"Shawn and I were wondering if you were still going to come home for the weekend?"

"Yeah, I'm going to be home in a couple of hours." 

She smiles, "Okay good. I love you, babygirl." 

"I love you too, ma."

We say our goodbyes before hanging up. I turn around and see Riley talking to Josh's girlfriend Sophia. I sigh , why does Riley have to be nice to everyone? Sometimes it's tiring to watch her. I walk over to the table where Riley and Sophia were sitting. 

I stand behind Riley and put my hands on her shoulders. Riley smiles and looks up at me, "Oh Maya!" She looks back at Sophia, "Sophia, this is my best friend Maya." 

Sophia smiles and stands up before hugging me, "Oh the famous Maya." 

I awkwardly hug her back, "What do you mean by the 'famous Maya'?"

She says, "Josh has talked about you. He really admires you."

That makes me smile, "Well, he talks about you as well." 

She smiles. Riley stands up and stays in between of us, "Sophia, Maya and I were going to check out some more stores, would you like to join us?"

Sophia nods, "If it's okay with you guys, then I'd love to join us."

Riley looks at me with pleadingly. We had an inner conversation where she was pleading for me to be nice. I say, "Of course it's okay with us."

She smiles and joins our shopping spree. 

Shopping with Riley and Sophia was the most awkward and stressful thing I've ever experienced. Sophia and Riley are literally the same person, just Sophia isn't as goofy as Riles. But it's so hard to hate Sophia because she's too damn nice and too much like Riley which really annoyed me. 

Right now, Sophia and Riley are looking for an outfit for me to try on. I see Noah sitting on the bench outside the store. Sophia was telling Riley, "I think this blue dress will look great with her eyes." 

Riley gasps excitedly, "You're so right!" She turns to me, "Peaches! You have to try on this dress." 

"I will Riles, but first I'm going to talk to my friend Noah real quick." 

Before she could comment on that, I walk out of the store and go from behind Noah. I cover his eyes with my hand and smirk, "Guess who?"

He smirks and takes my hands off his face and looks up at me, "Maya, what're you doing here?"

I smile and sit next to him, "My best friend needed a shopping buddy." 

He nudges me playfully, "And out of the kindness of your heart, you decided to come with her."

I point at him playfully, "Exactly." 

He chuckles and looks at the store I just came out of, "Is that your best friend? The one who's staring at us." 

I turn to where he was looking to see Riley acting as if she's looking at a shirt but not very well because she was just staring at us. I smile and shake my head, "Yup, that's her." 

He looks down at me, "What're you doing this weekend?"

I run my fingers through my hair and look over at him, "I'm going to home for the weekend, why?"

He smiles and shrugs, "Nothing, I wanted to ask you something but I'll try again next weekend."

I smirk slightly, "Okay, try again next weekend." He smiles and I blush lightly, "So I'm going to go before Riley has a heart attack." 

He stands up after me and hugs me, "I think that's what's best." I smile and let go from the hug. "You're still up for tutoring on Monday?"

I smile and nod, "Yeah, I'll be up for that." He smiles and I walk back to the store where Riley asked me a billion questions which I didn't answer but I did try on the dress that I promised I would. 

I'm on the subway. The seat that I'm sitting on is empty so I put my duffle bag next time. I'm listening to my music and texting my friends Renee and Carla who I grew up with because they lived in my neighborhood. We're planning on hanging out tonight. 

My phone starts ringing and I see a picture of me on Josh's back while we're laughing. I smile at the picture and answer the face time call, "Yes, Boing?"

He smirks, "So I heard you had a shopping trip with my girlfriend?"

I roll my eyes playfully, "Why is that so amusing to you?"

He laughs lightly, "No reason, I guess I'm just trying to imagine you shopping Sophia." 

I smile amused, "Well, the way you're imagining it is exactly how it went." He chuckles and shakes his head. "But she surprised me."

"What do you mean?"

I shrug, "I don't know, I just never thought that you would ever date a nice girl."

He smirks, "Are you saying you're not a nice girl?"

I blush and roll my eyes playfully, "Why do you always do shit like that?"

He laughs, "Because I mean them. Plus, I like seeing you flustered." 

I roll my eyes, "Whatever." 

"You're going home this weekend?" I nod and he asks, "Should I be worried?"

I shrug nonchalantly, "Nothing to worry about, Boing. I'm good." 

He sighs and I come to my stop so I tell him that I'll talk to him later on today before we say our goodbyes. I grab my duffle bag and walk out of the subway. 

I'm finally home. Once I got home, Shawn and my mom made me join their lunch at the dinner table because they missed doing that with me. Now, I'm laying on my bed texting Farkle and trying to do my Algebra 101 homework. 

There was a knock at my door. I look up, "Who is it?"

"Shawn."

"Come in." 

He opens the door and sits on the computer chair that's in front of my bed. "Are you planning on staying in tonight?"

"Actually I have plans to meet up with Renee and Carla." 

Shawn sighs, "You know I don't like when you hang out with them." 

I shrug, "Shawn, I grew up with them. I know that you think they're trouble but they're not so bad when you get to know them."

"Or maybe you're just used to their dangerous ways so you don't think it's so bad."

I stare at him for a while thinking about what he said. "I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I think I could handle this one." 

He sighs. He stays in my bedroom and we talk about college and everything I've missed while I've been gone. 

I'm wearing my black tank top cropped top with my leather jacket and my light blue ripped shorts. I left my hair wavy before heading over to the park. The first thing I notice is the "Hope" graffiti I tried my Freshman year of High School. "Hart!" 

I turn my head and see Carla and I smirk and walk over to her, Renee, Blake,  Alec and Ryder. I fist my fists with theirs, "Hey." 

Renee smirks, "You didn't bring Dorothy with you? I'm surprised."

I roll my eyes, "You know I don't like when you call her that."

She smiles, "I know, I just like teasing you." 

I roll my eyes playfully and Alec puts his arm around my shoulder and smirks down at me, "You brought your fake ID with you?" 

I nod, "Yeah, why exactly did I have to bring it?"

Carla smirks, "We're going to sneak into the club. You're down?"

I smirk, "I'm down." 

We head there. We arrive at the club and we successfully sneak in and successfully get a hold of some alcohol. I'm dancing around and drinking alcohol with Renee and Carla. We're laughing. This is something I could never do with Riley and Smackle. That's why I keep these girls around. 

I end up at the NYU campus and I have no memory of how I got here. I'm walking around (not very well). "Maya?"

I turn my head and see Josh which makes me smile, "Uncle Boing!" I run towards him and hugs him. 

He pulls me away from softly and looks at me with concern, "Are you drunk?"

I giggle, "Maybe." 

He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair with frustration, "You were with Carla and Renee, weren't you?"

I nod excitedly, "I love those girls, they're so fun."

He rolls his eyes and I almost fall and he catches me. "Okay, I'm going to take you to Riley." 

He has his arms around me and he was helping me up so I wouldn't fall. I'm holding onto his arm and I start touching his bicep. He was trying to be mad but a smile came onto his lips, "What're you doing?"

I giggle, "They're really nice." He laughs and shakes his head. "Boing?"

He looks down at me, "What?"

"Are you mad at me?"

He shakes his head and gives me a sad smile, "Just kind of disappointed."

I look into his eyes and don't say anything. We arrive at my dorm room and since I left my keys in my mom's house, I can't let us in. I start knocking on the door and making a song out of it while giggling and dancing to the beat. Josh was watching with amusement.

Riley opens the door and she was scared. She sighs in relief, "Maya!" 

She grabs me into a hug. "Riles, relax." 

"Relax?! Your mom and Shawn are freaking out and you're telling me to relax? Are you serious?" 

Lucas comes from behind Riley. He looks at Josh, "Where did you find her?"

"She was wandering around the campus." 

Riley sighs, "Thanks for bringing her here, Uncle Josh. I owe you."

He shakes his head, "No, it's fine. I just want her to be safe." 

I'm sitting in between of Lucas and Riley on the subway. "Huckleberry, you want to hear a joke?"

He rolls his eyes, "No, Maya." 

I smirk, "Well, I'm going to say it anyways." I start giggling as I ask, "How does a train eat?"

Lucas sighs, "How?" 

I smile, "It goes chew chew." I start laughing uncontrollably. 

He gives me a small smile, "So ridiculous." 

I giggle and put my head on Riley's shoulder. She puts her head over mine, "This is why I don't like you hanging out with them, Peaches." 

Riley knocks on my mom's house after Lucas brought us coffee so I could be less drunk when I go home. She opens the door and when she sees she grabs me into a hug. "Maya! I was so worried about you. Where did you go?" 

I look at Shawn and he's shaking his head at me. "Just hanging out with some friends, mom. I'm fine." 

She grabs me into another hug. She looks at Riley, "Thanks for bringing her home."

She smiles, "Always." 

"Are you staying over tonight?"

Riley shakes her head, "No, I'm going to stay at my parent's house tonight."

She nods. I turn to Riley and hug her, "Thanks Riles."

Riley nods and kisses my forehead, "Of course, Peaches. We're going to talk about this tomorrow."

I smile slightly, "Can't wait." 

She rolls her eyes playfully and smiles, "Love you."

"Love you, too." She says goodbye to my mother and Shawn. I close the door behind her and run my fingers through my hair, "Well, I'm going to head to bed." Katy kisses my cheek and says goodnight. I walk to my bedroom and put on my pajamas. I sit on my bed and start massaging my temples. There was a knock on the door. "Come in, Shawn." He walks in, holding a Tylenol and a cup of water. I thank him and grab the cup. "Go on and tell me that I was wrong and you were right."

He shakes his head, "I don't have to do that, because you already know it." 

I drink the pill and pass him the cup again, "Why didn't you tell mom that I was out with Renee and Carla?"

He sighs, "Because even though I'm legally your father, I still got your back."

I smile, "Thanks, Shawn. I'll try not to fuck up again." 

"I have faith that this will be a learning experience with you." 

I smile and playfully say, "Oh really?"

He smirks, "Yeah, I don't know if you know this or not but I believe in hope now." 

I laugh and shakes my head, "Goodnight." 

He kisses the top of my head, "Goodnight, love." 

I smile and he turns the lights off before walking out. I lay in my bed and I grab my phone. I had a text from Joshua. 

Joshua : You made it home okay? 

Maya : Yeah, thanks for dealing with me and bringing me to Riley. I really appreciate it. 

Joshua : Of course , goodnight beautiful xx 

Maya : Goodnight, Boing xx 

I smile and plug in my charger to my phone. I fall asleep right after. 

-------

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Like & Comment if you did. & tell me what you thought :D 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62K 1.2K 8
Maya and Josh are a couple you'd never think would happen. Maya Hart; Free spirited, rebellious, smart, creative, goofy, troublesome. Broken. Maya...
114K 2.4K 34
That's when I immediately regretted it. I regret from sending a letter to this college. Regret even seeing him again in my life. He turned forward...
237K 5.7K 73
This is a Girl Meets World fanfiction. Riley, Maya, Josh, Lucas, Farkle and Zay are going to Hawaii together and it will be one big adventure. This s...
55.5K 1.5K 22
Meet the Matthews. Just a regular American family that go through the struggles of everyday life. Meet the Duncan's. Yet another American family tha...