A Best Friend's Promise - Com...

By netbotluv

Chris made a promise to his best friend just before he died. He promised to protect a girl he didn't know... More

Dear wattpad readers
Chapter 1 Sneak
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 Sneak
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Books by netbotluv

Chapter 5

42 3 0
By netbotluv

Chris dreams about Jake their friendship growing up and his murder. He woke screaming. He wasn't even aware that Lisa had entered his room. It was only after he felt her arms around him. He calmed down almost immediately. They didn't talk. They sat on his bed until the sun came up two hours later. When the sun lightened his room she got up and left just as silently as she entered.

Lisa left his room angered and she wasn't angry at him. She was angry at herself. She didn't want to feel something for him. She didn't want to even be here. When she heard his cry she just ran to him. She didn't even think about it. He sounded like someone in the worst pain. She only realized when the sun came up that she was in his bedroom on his bed and he was practically naked only wearing boxer shorts. She left immediately and now here in the shower getting ready for the day she didn't know if she could face him.

Lisa gathered all her courage and left her room dressed in a yellow halter neck sundress that she paired with white strappy sandals. She had her hair in a high ponytail, it made her look a little taller than she was. She held on to the balustrade as she descended the stairs.

She found Chris in the kitchen where he was busy making French toast. "Morning."

Chris turned and saw Lisa in the doorway. "Morning. Did you sleep okay?"

"I did thanks." She stood closer.

"I made you decaf in the percolator. Caffien isn't good for the baby." He took a plate from the counter next to him and added a slice of French toast to some grated cheese. He handed her the plate and pointed to the island counter where a knife and fork was already placed on the table.

Lisa sat down and took the first bite from her food. "Wow this tastes so good." She watched him as he placed a bowl with sliced fruit on the table. "I will definitely get fat. I cannot possibly eat all this."

"You should eat what you can. You have a baby growing inside you and it needs food too."

"Yeah I guess." Lisa finished the toast and added a few pieces of fruit to her plate and ate that too.

Chris ate but didn't say anything. He wanted to talk about what happened earlier in his room but didn't know how to start. He helped her as she cleaned the kitchen and when they were done he just stood there watching her as she left.

His phone vibrated in his pocket and he took it out to see who was calling. The name on the screen read 'Jason'. Jason was dead. "Hallo." Chris answered cautious.

"Hallo Chris. You have something that I want."

Ryan! "What do you want?" He must have taken Jason's phone the night he killed him.

Ryan laughed. "I want the child. I couldn't let it live. I made a promise that the Carmichael bloodline would end with him."

Chris was fuming. "And I am making you a promise Ryan King that I am coming for you and when I am done there won't be another King born. You and your brother are the only two left to carry on your bloodline and I will kill you both. Jason did nothing to you. I will protect the girl and her child even if I have to gather an army to surround her twenty four hours a day while I come to find you."

"Gather your army. I am coming for her."

Chris flung the phone and it smashed into pieces against the opposite wall.

Lisa watched him from the door. He didn't see her. He felt the anger taking over and he knew he was changing. This was the third time in his life that he changed. He hated it. Then he felt her fear but he didn't look her way. He knew that if he did she would always fear him.

A phone rang again and Lisa ran for it. "Hallo."

"Lisa, is Chris with you?" Chris senior asked.

"Yes but something is wrong. He is angry and scaring me."

"Go to your room and lock the door. There is a button behind the big mirror in your room. Press it and enter through the door that will open in the floor. It will take you to a safe room. Once in there press the black button next to the door. You will be the only one who can open the door from there on. There is a phone there that I will call you on."

Lisa dropped the phone and ran as fast she could. She followed the instructions she was given to the tee and when the door in the floor opened she went down the steps. The door closed just as she reached the bottom step and she hesitated for a moment. The path lid up and she could see the brick walls and the paved floor and the curved path going deeper into the earth. She slowly followed the path until she reached a steel door. It opened immediately and when she was inside it closed. She pressed the black button and she heard a metal sound. Lights came on all around her and she was finally able to see. When she first entered the room only the doorway was lid allowing her to see the black button.

A phone on a desk next to the door rang and she answered immediately.

"Lisa did you see anyone but Chris in the house? No we were alone to my knowledge. Before I heard him talking but I think he was on his phone, I ran to see what broke because I heard a noise coming from the kitchen and I saw his phone broken on the floor. That was when I saw him defensive and snarling. I didn't see his face but I knew he was angry."

"Okay don't panic. Make yourself at home and we will be there in a few minutes, we just arrived. We need to see that there are no danger here before we can come down to you. I will ring a bell and you can then look at the screen and only once you are sure that it is me, Chris or my wife you can open the door with the red button."

"Okay thank you." She looked at the phone in her hand and then placed it back on the desk. She looked for the screen and the red button and found both next to the door to the left of the black button. Lisa turned away and looked at the rest of the space. There were the desk with the phone a lamp and a laptop. A few chairs and couches were arranged in the room and a big screen television was against one of the walls. The furnishings were modern and stylish. She moved to the doorway on the other side.

There was a hall way that led to more rooms and doors. The first doorway on the left was the kitchen and on the right a door to the bathroom. Further in the hallway were more doors that opened to more rooms all bedrooms. Lisa counted seven in total. Some had double beds some had double beds with single beds and some had only four or six single bunk beds.

Lisa went back to the kitchen. It was huge with two big stoves and a big table with probably sixteen chairs around it. 'I guess that this was where everyone would come to when something went wrong.' Lisa thought to herself. She went back to the main room and almost immediately heard the bell. She looked at the screen and saw that Chris senior and his wife were at the door. She pressed the red button to open the door.

"You are safe and so is Chris. He just had an upsetting phone call. His friend was murdered a couple of months ago and the person who killed him just threatened someone close to Chris. He lost it for a second but he is okay now. Our numbers is programmed into this phone here. When you feel like you are in danger you don't wait for us to call, you get in here as fast as you can if Chris isn't able or if it is him you are scared of."

"I was a little scared of him. He told me something but he hasn't confirmed my suspicions yet. He told me about a village scientist slash doctor and medical equipment that was infected with an experiment and I think that you are all the offspring of those men. Is that true and how would that affect me and my baby?"

"Mom dad, I will take it from here. Thanks for coming." Chris stood in the door looking a little paler than normal. "I am okay now." He said as if answering a question.

"Okay son. Call us if you need anything else." His father said before they each hugger him and Lisa.

Chris went to sit at one of the chairs. He lowered his head into his hands and supported his elbows with his legs. "I don't do well when people threaten others I care about or love and like my father said someone who killed my best friend just did that. When I tell you to you do just as my father said. You come in here and you lock this door and you don't open it for anyone except me or my parents and only when you are sure it is safe. If I am in front of this door and there is someone with me you don't know or if a gun or any other weapon is pointed at me or anyone else you don't open this door. This is to keep you safe and no one else."

He stood up and took her hand. She didn't pull away. Chris lead her to the kitchen. "Here is enough food and drink to keep a hundred people alive for a year. On this door here is a map that would show you were what is stored. This kitchen is too small to have all the supplies so some of it is somewhere in the rest of the bunker. You will not run out of gas for ten years because there is enough here for a hundred people for a year. So hot water and gas for cooking there is enough of. Electricity is generated by sun panels so you can use every light or electrical appliance every second of the day for a year and you would still be fine. If it happens that there is no sun for a week there is a water generated system that will kick in with its own batteries and that will also last you for more than a year."

My dad said that all the numbers you might need is stored on the phone. When you get in here and you locked the door that is the first thing you do. You phone him or my mother and tell them exactly what happened that caused you to come in here and why I am not with you. You and the baby is my only priority and if I tell you to come in here you do that without asking why. I will not tell you to come here unless I believe that you are in danger."

"You should be safe here unless this area has been compromised and you will know that when you come into the corridor that led you here. If it is dark that means that no one has gone through the tunnel in the last five hours. If someone came in more than five hours ago and they are in the tunnel and not in this bunker they would be dead because all air supply gets shut of if there is no movement and the lights will only shut off after an hour if there is no movement on the floor. All the floors from where you climbed down the steps are motion sensitive and if the motion sensor is activated so is the air supply."

You will know the bunker is compromised when the door is closed but you can still open it. It is the same as with the corridor or tunnel lights and motion. All that is bypassed once the black button is pressed because when you are asleep on the bed the motion detectors on the floor won't pick it up and all oxygen supply will be cut off if there was no movement for five hours. So if you know that neither me or my parents is in here when you come down here and the lights are on you don't come in here."

"Where do I go?" Lisa's head was spinning from all the information.

He pulled Lisa in the direction of the steps she came down with. He didn't take her up like she thought he would. "This is where you started. As you step off this step and the lights are on in the hallway or you ran back this way because the lights were on in the bunker. Tap on this light three times. Tap on it."

Lisa tapped but it wasn't hard enough as he pointed out a second later so she tapped again harder. The bricks moved out of the way and another door opened on the other side. It was like something from a movie.

"This is a smaller bunker but it is almost identical, but it should never be your first choice unless the danger is of that nature that you can't outrun the thread. Same thing push the black buttonas soon as you are inside and the door would shut immediately. They would still be able to access the brick door but this door won't open unless you open it from inside. From here there is a tunnel that would take you out of the bunker and back to civilization. Don't use it unless you have to."

He led her to the last bedroom in the bunker and into the bathroom there. There was a big mirror and next to it another light. "Don't do it now but if you have to use this you tap that light four times to open the door. As soon as you do that door will seal up and anyone not in the bathroom will not get out through here."

Every time he said this or that he pointed to the object he was talking about. Lisa found that really funny but she didn't tell him that. This was serious stuff.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 119K 40
Every pack has an Alpha and Luna, all except for the Blackmoore pack. No, they only had a Luna. A strong she-wolf who refuses to let any man in after...
113K 5.7K 46
We all like to think we'd help those in need, but could you constantly put your life and sanity on the line just to protect people you don't even kno...
302 17 15
When Chris's ex-girlfriend Belladonna of four years breaks up with him and curses him for not being open with her. The only way to lift the curse is...
389K 11.1K 28
Everly, the younger sister of an alpha that hated her guts, is a rebel and does everything opposite of what her tyrant of a brother tells her too. Ab...