What Happens When the Lights...

By xXMeXx627

Brookelyn Winters and Ashton Patterson are two people that should not be together, but yet they're perfect fo... More

1.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
3.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
4.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
5.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
6.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
7.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
8.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
9.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
10.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
11.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
12.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
13.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
14.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
15.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
16.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
17.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
18.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
19.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
20.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
21.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
22.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
23.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
24.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
25.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
26.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
27.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
28.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
29.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
30.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
31.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
32.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
33.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
34.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
35.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
36.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
37.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
38.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
39.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
40.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
41.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
42.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
43.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
44.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
45.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
46.What Happens When The Lights Go Out
PART TWO 1.What Happens When You Grow Up
2.What Happens When You Grow Up
3.What Happens When You Grow Up
4.What Happens When You Grow Up
5.What Happens When You Grow Up
What Happens When The Lights Go Out/You Grow Up: Epilogue 1
What Happens When The Lights Go Out/You Grow Up: Epilogue 2
What Happens When The Lights Go Out/You Grow Up: Epilogue 3 (Carter's POV)
Brooke's Thoughts: Entry One
Brooke's Thoughts: Entry Two
Brooke's Thoughts: Entry Three
Brooke's Thoughts: Entry Four
Brooke's Thoughts: Entry Five
Brooke's Thoughts: Entry Six
Brooke's Thoughts: Entry Seven
Brooke's Thoughts: Entry Eight
Brooke's Thoughts: Entry Nine (END)

2.What Happens When The Lights Go Out

139K 1.7K 267
By xXMeXx627

2

"Okay everyone stay calm. I'll go find a flashlight." Jen said. Ryan went with her.

Okay I may not be afraid of movies, but the dark is a different story. I'm terrified of the dark. I started to panic.

My breathing picked up. "Brooke are you okay?" Ashton asked.

"No." I replied.

"Is the little tough girl really afraid of the dark."

"No I'm not necessarily afraid of the dark, it's more what's in the dark."

"Calm down. It's okay."

"No it's not. I can't see anything. What if someone jumps out and kills me, what if I run into something that impales me, what if someone breaks in, what if a freaking monster comes out of no where! What if-" I was cut off, but someone else.

Ashton kissed me. He kissed me to shut me up. But no the kiss didn't stop at a peck. It went on and on. I could feel his hands tight on my waist and my arms were around his neck. I forgot that I was supposed to be furious with this stupid boy and punch him, so instead I kissed him back whole heartedly.

"Hey I found the flashlight!" We quickly separated just as she turned it on. She suspected nothing....

Her and Ryan sat on the couch smiling. No, not like they knew, they just always smile like idiots.

"Well what do you guys want to do? We can't go home because of the storm so we'll be here for a while." Ryan said.

"Shit." I heard Ashton whisper under his breath. That actually kind of made me sad. I mean I actually liked this guy, even though it doesn't seem like it, and he kissed me, but then just wants to get away. What's up with that?

"I don't care." I said sighing.

"Hey Brooke I thought you're terrified of the dark." Jen said. I was so distracted by the kiss that I forgot. All the fear and panic came back in a rush and I mentally freaked myself out by imagining creatures or people coming out of the dark, just like in the movie. I kind of shrunk back a bit. I pulled my knees up to my chest and sat there like a scared little child.

"Damn it Jen. Why'd you remind her? I just got her mind off of it and now she's back to the beginning." Ashton said unexpectedly.

"Well what'd you do to distract her?"

All of the sudden I felt his lips on mine again and I my body relaxed and I forgot everything. Now my heart rate wasn't rising because I was afraid.....

"Oh my gosh." Jen said. Ashton slowly released me from the kiss. I looked over at Ryan and Jen. They both had wide eyes. I turned back to Ashton and shoved him away from me and got up quickly. I wobbled a little because I was still a little light headed.

"Um...Well I'm going to go change into comfier clothes. If you will please excuse me." I took the flashlight from Jen and made my way upstairs.

I got to my bag and changed into my pajamas, which consisted of a t-shirt and a pair of gray sweats, in kind of a daze. When I was done changing I stayed in Jen's room. I was pacing back and forth.

'What the hell? What the hell?! He kissed me again!' I thought frantically. How could he do that? He's supposed to hate me! Right? Right?!

My thoughts were halted by the sound of the door opening. I frantically shined the light over there to see Ashton. At this point in time I prefer a monster.

"Calm down it's just me." He said coming into the room.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Well I was coming to see if you were okay because Jen was worried."

"I'm fine."

"Alright I'll tell her the monster didn't eat you."

"What the hell is wrong with you Ashton?!" I yelled out of the blue. He stopped and turned around.

"What do you mean?"

"You just kissed me twice. You could have just put your hand over my mouth or something. Or be the mean asshole you are let me panic."

"You were annoying me with all your panicking so I shut you up." He said matter-of-factly.

"But why kiss?!"

"Because that was the first thing that came to my mind!" He said stepping closer.

"How?! Do you just constantly have kissing and sex on the brain or something?!" We were starting a fight again.

"No! It just seemed like the easiest way!"

"How is that easy?! It obviously just made things more complicated!"

"No! It didn't but you are!" He said pointing at me and walking closer.

"Well you seem to be getting annoyed! Maybe you should shut me up again!" I yelled in sarcastic anger.

He didn't take is sarcastically though. He was scowling then just like that kissing me again.

He hands were in my hair and mine were on my sides, but I wasn't protesting at all.

He pulled away. He was still frowning though.

"What the hell?! Why'd you kiss me again?"

"Well you seemed to enjoy it!"

"Well what was I supposed to do? You're like ten times bigger than me!"

"You know did it ever occur to you that maybe I actually kind of like you? That god was playing some sick joke on me and made me have feelings for you?!"

I just kind of stared for a second. "You have feelings for me?" I asked quieter.

"Yeah. I don't know how or why, but I do." He looked at me.

I just laughed. I laughed like I haven't before. "This all is just some sick joke! We are two people that are never supposed to be together or near each other, but yet we have feelings for each other!" I continued to laugh. I looked up and saw him staring at me like I was crazy. "What? You don't think it's funny?"

"No actually."

"Why?"

"Did you really just admit to have feelings for me too?"

"Yes."

"Damn it! You aren't supposed to! Now you're just making everything complicated again!!"

"Well I'm sorry for having a crush on you!"

"Gah! Shut up for one second please!"

I sighed. In a calm voice I asked, "Well where do we go from here?"

"I don't really know. I mean we can't talk to each other for more than two seconds with out yelling at each other."

"Well we can go back to ignoring each other."

"I don't know. That's going to be more of challenge after what's happened."

"Well what else can we do?"

He hesitated. "Be together."

"You just said that I was making it complicated by liking you and now you're saying you want to be together. Make up your damn mind!"

"Well I'm still not sure! I'm just kind of winging it okay!"

I sighed. "Well first thing's first. If we're going to be together we have to learn to stop yelling at each other every second."

"Yeah. Ain't that the truth."

"Do you actually want to be together?"

"I don't know, maybe we can try. I mean we can't do much worse than how we were before. So there's nothing to lose."

"That is true."

"Now come on they're probably wondering where we are."

"So we're together?"

"Yeah. We are."

**Hi hi! I know it seems like it's going really fast, but that's because the story takes place with them together. lol i'm sorry but i'm having so much fun with this story! The next chapter is where it really begins and i don't know what's going to happen but hopefully my idea will work. This story isn't going to be super long. It's just a fun project i wanted to do. Hope you liked it!**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 17.8K 48
Tessa Romano has no idea what she's getting into. Her agenda for her senior year is to stay low and unnoticed until graduation. If she could do it th...
6.4M 121K 31
Natalie and Lucas have hated each other for as long as they can remember. She's an uptight perfectionist. He's a sarcastic shut-in. But when the two...
535K 10.9K 60
They've despised each other since childhood. Arguing all the time and disrupting everything. It is pretty obvious Brianna Rose Williams and Ashton Ro...
1.1K 7 38
COMPLETED "Cause it meant that I had a chance to get the girl I truly like. To make her mines." . . Cameron is not a nerd nor is she popular; she's...