Fly Girl | [Novel] (Wattpad V...

Par coceauxpuff

Fame Changes Everything. "Fly Girl" follows the story of four teenage singers on their rise to fame during th... Plus

Disclaimer.
Prelude : Interview With Broken Idols
1| 'Sweet' Home
2| The Talented & The Petty
3| Everyday Struggles
4| Audition Day (Part 1)
5| Audition Day (Part 2)
6| The Lucky & Unlucky Ones
7| Old Annoyances & First Impressions
8| Trial One (Setting Up The First Change)
9| The Domino Effect (When One Falls, Others Begin To Tumble)
10| Trial Two (A Not So Perfect Fit)
11| Second Chances
12| Ava The Loner
13| Sweet Sixteen & Making Memories
14| Playtime Is Over
15| The Official Beginning (Work & More Work)
16| First Successes
17| Boys... & The Problems They Bring
18| A New Set Of Pressures
19| Release Day, A Birthday, & Unexpected Surprises
20| At The Top (With Someone Pulling Down)
21| Sweet Sentiments & Secrets
22| On To The Next Thing
23| International Love
24| Gearing Up For The Second Go 'Round
25| Home For The Holidays (Part 1)
26| Home For The Holidays (Part 2)
Interlude #1 - A Review With Torii
27| Leno & Late Nights
28| And The Winner Is...
29| Promising Changes
30| Affairs Of The Heart
31| Troy's Battle
32| Fights & A Small Break From The Norm
33| Where Trouble Lurks...
34| Secrets, Rejected Deals, & Sweet Moments
35| Highs And Lows
36| Small Cracks In Perfection
37| Planting The Seeds Of Doubt
38| The Stubborn, The Protector, The Drunk, & The Sorry.
Interlude #2 | A Review With Ava
39| Big Wins & A Low Down Snake
40| Cleaning 'House' and Coming Clean
41| A Fresh Start And Opportunities For Torii
42| Underhanded Dealings
43| Damage Control (Part 1)
44| Damage Control (Part 2)
Interlude #3 : A Review With Leann
45| Freedom And Coping Vices
46| The Low-Profile And The Lonely
47| All By Herself
48| Brandy's Pleas
49| Stubborn Sisters
50| Creepin' On A Comeback
51| Another Try
52| Back To Business
53| Flying High
54| It Was Almost Good Again
Interlude #4 - A Review With Troy
55| Win Some, Lose More
57| The Un-Chosen One
58| Good Times and Fools & Their Bullshit
59| When The Truth Hurts
60| Hurt Feelings & Altercations
61| A Talk With Leann
62| Bruised Egos & Ill Wishes
63| The Final Blow (Part 1)
64| The Final Blow (Part 2)
The Outro : Still Broken

56| Good News, Backstage Issues, & On-Stage 'Fun'

61 11 17
Par coceauxpuff

Torii –

Sitting in our dressing rooms; Troy, Ava, and I turned from the mirrors as the door burst open and Brandy rushed in. "Girls! Girls!" She didn't wait for us to reply before she burst into a fit of laughter. Closing the door behind her, she leaned against it and did some half-assed shimmy before rushing to hug each of us.

"Good Lawd, it must've been good!"

I burst out laughing at Troy, looking at Brandy as I waited for her response. "Not that it's your business, it's always good."

"Oop!"

"But that's not what has me so excited. The Grammy noms are in and it has been said that you're in the three or more category!"

"Aye! Now that's something to be hype about. And y'all wanted to tell me I was tripping with the approach."

I laughed at my sister, picking at her freshly cut hair. "You were tripping, but we're glad you were!"

"That's not all!" We looked at Brandy, waiting for her to continue. "Now I don't want any type of rivalry or foolishness, but Torii..., you and your sister are both up for songwriter of the year."

"Sure it's not for a shared song?"

"Positive. Troy, you've also got Song of The Year, Best New Artist, Video Of The Year, and something else I can't remember at the moment. And I heard that's not all."

Brandy moved to the other side of the room, finally taking a seat next to Leann. She'd been quiet the entire time, hadn't even stirred or moved aside from getting ready for the night's show. "Leann. I know you and I have had our differences lately. I won't say we're completely better or in an okay space, however, I want to say that I am beyond proud of you."

Her voice was low, devoid of emotion and she stared blankly in front of her, never making eye contact. "For what?"

"For your solo Grammy nomination, Sweetheart. You've got one in the hip-hop category. It would be shared with those you rapped with if you win, but it's solo apart from Fly Girl. Congrats, Daughter."

Leann only nodded, dropping her head as she offered up a low thanks. Brandy looked in our direction but I could only shrug. Leann and Ava weren't talking, and Troy and I stayed to ourselves unless we were asked something specifically. We got along best when we did that.

Pressing forward, Brandy spoke softly. "Leann, what's going on with you?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"I know I've said otherwise, but is it something that I can help you with."

"No. Please, leave me alone."

Brandy nodded, standing up. "Okay. Um, Ava, there's good news for you as well. You and Mr. Santana, two nominations." She walked back towards the rest of us, giving us each kisses on the cheeks as she congratulated us. She made a less enthusiastic exit, leaving us all to wonder what to do or say to comfort Leann before we all hit the stage.

I thought to speak up, but I also thought about how the last time I tried to step in or check on her, she'd damn near fought me to keep me out of her way and business. It wasn't as if I checked on her to be nosy. Though it sounded harsh to others, most times I couldn't care less what Leann was doing, or what was going on with her. However, I also knew that she kept things bottled up, and if left alone enough, it would end badly.

Just getting gut feelings from time to time, I'd either prevented her from overdosing or walked in right after. Whether we were still friends or not, I never wanted to see her that way, or find her that way. Even when I genuinely didn't care, I made it a point to check on her because no one else would, especially if she didn't show that she was upset. Today was rare.

"Leann..."

"I'm fine." She stood up and stretched, plastering a fake smile on her face as she slid on her shoes and quickly left the room.

Troy looked at me and I looked at Ava. "What? I don't know what's going on in her little world."

"Y'all are best friends, in spite of how often you fight."

"Not anymore. And I've got my own issues."

I rolled my eyes, grabbing my microphone from in front of my vanity mirror. "Wouldn't hurt you to worry about someone else for a change. At the very least, see if there's some way to help. It's a lot you owe her as well."

Though she mumbled under her breath, I still caught wind of what was said. "It ain't like y'all worry about me."

Standing at the door, I turned and looked her in the eyes. "But we tried; and you bashed us. We try again and again, and you bash or diss us. What you expect? Hugs and candy and gentle embraces?"

"Nah, but y'all can act like this is more than just a job and I'm some basic ass co-worker you have to see every day. I'm glad Fly Girl is back, but I get so sick and tired of being the odd one out. The one that's ignored or left behind."

I threw my hands up, wanting to feel some type of sympathy for her and her feelings. "You're right. It is more than a job. And depending on the situation; I will always go out of my way to make sure you're safe and, at the very least, doing okay emotionally. However, I'm not about to sit up here and fake and pretend like I'm back tight with a bitch that almost ruined my reputation, career, and life. Here's a little tidbit for you, maybe you can help." She perked up, listening intently. "When you can help me get rid of the stalker that found, sat outside of, and broke into mine and Raj's house in hopes of catching me alone one night, after your little story about me being down to do the crew... that's when you and I can maybe, possibly, but probably not, work on whatever that little friendship of ours was. Until then; shut the fuck up and be thankful people still rock with us enough for us to continue working. Be thankful I'm still cordial enough to even share a space as small as this with you."

On stage minutes later, and ready to get the night over with, I took a few deep breaths. Suddenly, I wasn't feeling the best, but I knew I had to shake it off and work through it. Though I knew she'd feel annoyed at me using her as personal motivation, I always looked at Troy. It was so much more that she hid from Brandy, Harrison, and everyone else. Gritting her teeth and pushing through, in spite of Marliss and I both trying to get her to tone things down. She'd do just enough to keep the both of us satisfied and happy, but when the time came, she'd cut loose the way she would when we first started. When her body allowed it, of course.

Most often, I couldn't be mad. It inspired me. Her she was; an excuse, of sorts, but she never used it or threw it out as a reason to half-ass or give up completely. She'd become my idol, and she didn't even know it.

I sucked up the agitation and tired feelings, throwing on my game face as the intro to one of our non-singles began to play. The screams and applause from the audience warmed my heart, and as I looked around... spotting signs with my name, hearing my name from varying directions, it was all worth it again.

After getting through thirty solid minutes of Fly Girl material, we broke off into our solo sets. This is where the trouble began.

Backstage, in the dressing area, as we got wiped down and helped into our second set of stage costumes; someone felt a need to change up the predicated order. I, personally, didn't care since I still wasn't feeling that great. But someone had to find something wrong with every solution that was offered.

"Okay, you don't want to go on after me. I said I would go last! What is the damn issue, Leann?!"

"My time. I make one suggestion and that's cause for cutting my time? What the hell can I do with ten minutes?"

Sitting at her vanity, Ava chose to speak up. "That's more than you need if you ask me, One-Hit."

"Bitch, you right there with me! Your hit isn't even yours! You can't even perform yours without the person you recorded with. I have a slew of singles I performed on, and permission to use them all. I want the twenty minutes, just like everybody else."

I shook my head, moving to sit beside my sister once Kyrie finished hooking up my mic pack. They began arguing, for nothing, over nothing. "I mean, the easiest way to solve that argument; Torii has no songs at all. She'll go last." I did have a song I wanted to debut and test out, but this was the perfect excuse not to do it since I was skeptical about how the final track came out anyway. "Or, or... cut Torii's time down to five minutes and give Leann the other fifteen. Raj sure won't be upset about having to stay in the audience instead of getting on stage to sing."

Troy snickered, resting her head on my shoulder. "Why'd you speak of yourself in third person?"

"I was just making a suggestion; my time is usually me clowning and introducing y'all anyway. I was also hoping it would shut them the hell up, but..."

Before I could finish my statement, I saw bodies zoom past me. Ava knocked Leann into the closet door and slapped her. "That is enough!" Brandy folded her arms. "I'm not stepping in. I'll be damned if I get hit."

Kyrie moved past her, quickly pulling Ava off of Leann. "How about neither of you go on as I call your counselor, Leann. And Ava, you already know what will happen if it's reported that you've caused another fight."

"I'd rather be in jail than here." Ava jerked away from Kyrie, readjusting her jacket. "Whatever. I don't care anymore! Everybody has their problems, but she wants to haul off and create more just because she's feeling down and don't wanna talk it out. Probably ain't nothing but drugs anyway! What, you wanna go on before your high takes hold and you do erratic shit on stage?! Huh?!"

"Yeah, that's it. It's drugs. And what's your problem, HOE? Out of dicks to suck as payment for award noms? Or, have you finally caught something that's incurable?!"

Ava tried to jump at Leann again but Kyrie grabbed her and dragged her out. All of a sudden, Leann screamed and punched the mirror of the vanity she'd been using before taking a seat, crying.

A few minutes of silence passed before Troy spoke up. "I vote that we play both of the new music videos to buy time for them to calm down."

Brandy sighed, nodding her head. "Good idea, Troy. I'm going to go and inform the projectionist, since the break is almost over. Torii, I want you to-"

I politely held up my hand. Excusing myself as I jumped up and ran into the bathroom that was connected to our dressing room.

Ava –

Back in Los Angeles, Leann and I both found ourselves in a meeting with Mr. Bellamy. Technically, per Brandy's previous requests; the both of us were supposed to be gone. But we had contractual obligations that we'd already been paid for.

And, I had to admit that I'd already put most of what I'd been paid to use. Leann, well, it wouldn't take anyone long to figure out where all of hers went.

She'd shown up to the meeting high as a kite, not giving a damn about what was said, or what type of penalties Mr. Bellamy had set in place for the two of us. His foolish three strike system was in place, and according to him we were on strike two.

This time, Brandy wasn't here to stand up for either of us. She had Kyrie drop us off and he left to meet her and her husband for a cheerful lunch.

"What happened to your hand, Leann?"

She raised up her bandaged hand, shrugging. "Doesn't matter, y'all don't care. Just tell me what the fine is so I can pay and move on. I have other things to worry about."

"Why don't you tell me what those are. Perhaps I can help."

"You can't. How much do I owe for the fight this bitch started?"

It took everything in me not to sound off, but I kept my composure. I'd learned long ago that Mr. Bellamy often sided with whoever was the calmest. He always felt they were the most innocent in the situation.

He sighed, shaking his head as he sat back in his desk. "You both know that with each and every violation, if it is decided that you still stay within your group, the price rises."

"That's fine, what is it?"

"Two hundred."

"Great, pull it out of my next quarterly check." Leann jumped up and walked out, slamming the door behind her.

Probably not surprised by her behavior, Mr. Bellamy shook his head before focusing his attention on me. "What did you start with her for, Ava?"

"I didn't start with her. We were arguing. I asked her a question, and she called me out of my name. I'm not sure if you remember the last time you sat among the four of us, but ain't no friendly vibes and I don't take kindly to being called out of my name. And I'm not above putting anyone in their place."

"According to witnesses, you slapped her first, pinned her against a wall." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, after she jabbed her finger and hands in my face."

He groaned, throwing his head back. "I swear I am beyond sick of y'all. You've recouped the original costs, made back what was spent the second time around, double what's spent on promotion before we even give y'all new checks. I actually hope like hell y'all lose at the Grammys in February because it's truly going to ruin everything if you win, especially if y'all sweep the categories."

"Why would you say that Mr. Bellamy, after how you begged us to come back?"

"I begged Troy! Here's some more truth, Ava; you were always replaceable. Lucky for you, threats towards us behind Fly Girl have extended on your behalf as well. Also, I'm not in the place for any more lawsuits, so until I'm able to let you go for a good and valid reason, without the dissolution of the group, I'm stuck with you. Unless, of course you want to pay hefty fines for breaking contracts that you've already been paid to fulfill. You don't want that, huh?"

"Of course not."

"Yeah, I thought so. Let this be the last time I tell you, and extend it to The Angry One; this is your LAST CHANCE. I better not hear about any more trouble, from either of you." I nodded, escorting myself out when he dismissed me.

Two nights later, I was back on a stage, hating my job once again. It was pure agony. Here I was, trying with everything I had to make things right between myself and the girls, but nothing.

It was beginning to get to the point when I couldn't even fake the chemistry between us while we performed. I distanced myself on the stage, kept up with my own cues and counts rather than looking to the girls as I normally would.

Smiling as she lowered her microphone, Troy waved in the direction she heard her name being called. "Oh, y'all liked that, huh? Well, we've got a real treat for some very lucky people on the front row. And before y'all ask, my sister and I are not going to be unfair this time." A lot of the guys in the audience whooped, even though none of them were close enough to get on stage.

Torii spoke up next. "So, y'all know, we're grown now." She flipped her hair over her shoulder, laughing when some others screamed. "Yeah, we get to sing about all the things our brother group could sing about when they were just fifteen and sixteen. We get to do the fun stuff they did on stage too."

Leann gave a fake laugh. "I can't even front, Torii. I used to be jealous of some of those girls. And mad too."

"Why mad?"

"Because, some of them had to accept those terrible lap dances from Keith, and I wasn't allowed to step in and save them." She did a lil' body roll, chuckling to herself. "I get to have fun tonight though. So sorry for the dude hoping for me, but I'm lookin' for a future Mrs." One of the only females on the front row screamed and jumped up. "Oop, is it you, Ma? We gon' find out tonight. Kyrie!" He came from behind the curtains and went to escort the girl up on stage while someone else brought us some chairs. "Ooo, she sexy as hell too. They're going to make me pay a fine for doing this, but you're worth it, Boo." Leann gave her a quick hug and asked her to take a seat.

After Troy, Torii, and I picked our audience members, we laid down the rules and stepped away from them, moving towards the back of the stage as the lights dimmed down and we removed the short trench coats we'd been wearing.

Since we didn't want to get too risqué or get charged for lewd activity like Xclusive used to and Leann wanted to be semi-comfortable, we settled on these cheesy French maid costumes. They looked good on us though. At least, the audience thought so.

Since it was my lead, the girls left it up to me to get things started. Waiting for my que a few seconds after the band started, I harmonized a little, moving in sync with the girls as we did the routine we'd practiced.

"Alone I lay at night, thinking about you. I hold my pillow tight. What else can I do, Baby? I need you so bad, I need you so... Baby, don't let go. You've got the best of me, and I want it this way."

Tickled by the facial reaction I was being given, I quickly let them take over with the background. "When you touch me, never let go. I feel your love deep inside of me. My love is yours, just let it come slow. Deeper and deeper..."

The guy Troy was dancing for let out a high pitched scream that none of us could avoid laughing at, audience included. Caught completely off guard, I messed up and let the entire time for the second half of the bridge and chorus go by before I picked back up with my next verse. Sitting in my guy's lap, I threw my free arms around him, nuzzling close to his ear as I sang. "Slide into my love. Caress me, Baby. I know you'll make it right. Just love me and please me." I turned in his lap slightly, allowing him to place his hands at my waist even though they weren't supposed to touch us. "I feel you, I feel it... Nah, but I really felt it." I stood with the girls, laughing as he thanked me for the gift he'd never forget. "Thank you to the handsome gentlemen that allowed us to play with their emotions a little bit."

Since Leann was really the only 'free' and single one, and I didn't want to get us in trouble for being over the top, I stood back with Troy and Torii; singing the remainder of the song while Leann continued her lap dance. It was pure comedy, and for a brief moment, I was enjoying myself on stage again. I'm sure it won't last, but it's nice.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

41 13 13
The Story of Skylar Engelmann and her best friend. Two teens which grew up being rich and famous. With everything, one could ever wish for. Perfect...
Lipstick Lullabies Par Emily

Roman pour Adolescents

1.1K 9 20
Young girls dream of falling in-love and timeless love, but what's the reality of the fairy tales we're taught from? Does happy ever afters really ex...
431 101 33
This story is about a girl who fill in LOVE then a lot of problems Will face her and when the one she loved admit his love to her she will be the hap...
Perfectly Imperfect Par Ririi

Roman pour Adolescents

256K 79.9K 98
We're all broken, all beautifully Imperfect. They say these would be the best days of our lives but does that mean it could be the worst too? For a t...