Hopeless (A Joshaya Fanfictio...

De different-fanficsx

Maya Hart is a freshman at NYU with her best friends Riley Matthews, Farkle Minkus, Lucas Friar, Isadora Smac... Mai multe

Hopeless (A Joshaya Fanfiction)
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Two

1.4K 25 3
De different-fanficsx

Chapter Two 

I wake up in my bed of my new dorm room. I hear typing coming from the bed next to me. I groan, "Smackle, please shut up."

"Don't tell me what to do, Maya!"

I groan and try to search for my phone. I hear Riley's voice, "Maya!"

I sit up straight, "What? What's going on?"

She runs her fingers through her hair, "You're late! Peaches, you can't be late for your first day of college!"

I grab my phone and check the time. I chuckle to myself, "Riles, I have plenty of time."

"You have thirty minutes before your first class."

I stand up from my bed, "That's enough time. I'm not you or Smackle, I can get ready in 30 minutes no problem."

Riley sighs and I walk past her and go to the bathroom.

After my shower, I change into my black and white flannel with red cropped tank top and black shorts. I decide to leave my hair naturally wavy.

Smackle calls after me, "Maya! We're leaving!"

I slip on my white converse, "Coming!" I grab my small bag and meet Riley and Smackle at the door, "I made it."

Riley says, "Barely."

I smile innocently at her and she couldn't help but smile. I follow Smackle and Riley out to campus. They were talking about how excited they were for their classes and I basically zoned out from the conversation and people watched.

My heart stops when I see a familiar tan guy. I've been dreading this moment and this is the reason why. I stop walking and just stare at him.

I didn't think it was possible for him to become more beautiful. I watch him smile as a blonde girl runs into his arms and kisses him. And just like my heart breaks and any hope of us getting anyway goes away, too.

Smackle and Riley stop walking and walk towards me before looking at what at Josh and his girlfriend. Riley turns to me and sighs, "Oh, Maya."

I keep looking at them, "You know it's like every time I see him, he breaks my heart in some way. Mostly without knowing."

Smackle looks at me, "But it still hurts whether it was intentional or not."

Riley nods, "She's right."

I smile slightly at Smackle, "You know Smack, you're getting way better at this emotion thing."

She smiles, "Well I'm surrounded with the best people who could teach me."

Riley and I smile at each other before smiling at Smackle. We wrap our arms around each other's shoulders before walking each other to class.

My first class of the day was Drawing 101. The first assignment for today was to introduce yourself with your drawings. Many of my art teachers in the past have told me that knowing who I am could help me evolve in mu Art career and they weren't wrong.

Most of the students were joking around and speaking but I completely ignored them and kept drawing what I was feeling.

I feel someone stand over me, "Wow." I look up and see Professor Anderson which makes me smile at how impressed she seemed.  "You have amazing talent, Maya Hart."

I smile humbly, "Thank you, sir."

"Mr.Jackson was right. I should keep an eye on you. You're going to do great things one day."

I think thats the best compliment anyone could say to me. "Thank you, Professor Anderson." I look up at him with confusion, "You know Mr.Jackson?"

He smiles and nods, "He's a great friend of mine. Once he found out yu were coming here and becoming an Art major, he called me. He was very fond of you and your quirky friend."

I giggle quietly to myself, "Yeah, the same goes to him."

He smiles at me before walking towards another student. I smile proudly before continuing on with my artwork. If I had any hope in anything, it would definitely be my art career.

Zay, Farkle, Lucas, Riley, Smackle and I are at Topanga's doing our school work. My mother's working but I haven't spoken to her yet because she seems very busy. Aside from my Drawing 101, the other class I had Algebra 101.

I sigh in frustration when I couldn't get it. Farkle looks at me, "You need help?"

I nod and pass him my Algebra book so he could see what I was struggling with. I sit back on my couch, "I don't understand why I have to take math when I'm an Art major." Smackle was about to explain the reason why it's crucial to have all subjects before I stopped her, "No."

She nods before giving me an awkward thumbs up and looking back at her book. I turn my attention back to Farkle. "Okay I think I got this."

He then preceded to explain how the equations work. "Farkle, I know you're all excited about this but I have no idea what you're saying."

Lucas smirks and says playfully, "Yeah Farkle, you have to remember to use baby words."

I smile at him sweetly, "Hey Huckleberry?"

"Yeah?"

I keep my fake smile, "Shut up." He laughs and shakes his head. I stand up, "I'm going to get a lemonade, I need a break."

Riley looks at me with amusement, "Maya, we've been doing work for 5 minutes."

I wave comment away dramatically before walking towards the counter. Zay calls after me, "Get me one too!"

"Got you, Isaiah."

He groans which makes me laugh. I sit in front of my mother who smiles at me. "Hey baby girl."

I smile, "Hey, ma. What's it like living without me?"

She looks at me and says dramatically, "Oh unbearable, I dont know how I'll survive without you."

I smile with amusement at her, "Well I can finally say you've gotten better at this acting thing."

She laughs and shakes her head, "Lemonade?"

I smile and nod, "Two please."

I run my fingers through my hair before looking at the desserts. "Maya?" My heart stops when I hear Josh's voice. I take a deep breath before I turn to him. He has a smile on his face, "It's you, isn't it?"

I nod and smile awkwardly, "Yeah, it's me."

"How're you been?"

Before I could response, my mother says, "Two lemonades."

I thank her and pay her before grabbing the drinks. "I'd love to catch up but Zay really wants his lemonade."

Zay saves me, "Maya!"

"Coming."

Josh awkwardly rubs the back of his head, "It was nice seeing you again."

"Uh yeah, you too." I walk past him and back to our usual spot. I pass Zay his lemonade, "Z, you totally saved me back there."

He smiles, "Well, that's not new."

I smile before sitting back next to Farkle. Lucas looks at me, "You okay?"

I take my hair out of my face and smile slightly, "Totally okay, Ranger Rick."

He nods. Farkle tries to explain the problem again and I make eye contact with Josh multiple times while he's waiting for his order which makes me look away quickly every time. I get some of it and I start doing problems.

Riley asks, "So, are we still going to that party tonight?"

I look up from my book, "That party's tonight?"

Farkle looks at me with confusion, "How could you already forget? We talked about this 3 days ago."

I cross my arms across my chest, "In my defense, it feels like that was a long time ago."

Riley smiles and shakes her head, "So from what I'm hearing, the party is still on?" Everyone besides me nods. Riley smiles excitedly, "Yay!" Lucas smiles before kissing her cheek.

I'm moving my pencil up and down. We're still at Topanga's but at this point I'm getting tired of doing my work. Riley closes her book, "Okay boys, it's time for us girls to leave."

I sit up, "Why?"

She smiles at me, "We're going to get ready for the party."

I sigh and start packing my things. As I walk past Zay, he lifts his fist up and I bump my fist with his which makes him smile. I follow Smackle and Riley to the subway.

I'm sitting on the bed while Riley was doing Smackle's hair. When she finished, she turns to me, "Okay Maya, your turn."

I look up from my phone, "What do you mean? I'm ready to go."

She shakes her head, "You are not wearing that."

"Yes I am."

"Come on, Maya. I won't do your hair or makeup, just change your outfit."

I roll my eyes before getting up from my bed, "Oh Riley, you're killing me."

She smiles innocently, "You love me."

"Mhm." I look through my clothes and pick out a party outfit that would be acceptable. I change into a gray shirt-dress with my leather jacket over it and a black choker. I leave my hair wavy/curled (like in the gif above).

Riley turns to me when she's finished getting ready, "Oh Peaches, you look so beautiful."

I smile, "Aw thanks Riles."

Smackle walks in, "Okay let's get this over with."

Riley and I smile at each other before looking at her, "Wow Smack, you look great."

"Yeah yeah, let's go."

Riley and I laugh and walk together to the frat house where the party is.

Music's pumping and I follow Zay into the kitchen. He fills a red cup with alcohol and I thank him as I grab it. Zay leans by the table, "Where are the girls?"

"I feel like if I ask you where the boys are, they'll be in the same place."

He chuckles, "You're right." He looks forward and I look down at my drink before sipping it. Zay nudges me, "Look who's here."

I look where he was pointing and see Josh entering the kitchen while smiling and greeting his friends. He looks at us and smiles slightly before he says something to his friends and starts walking towards us. I turn to Zay, "Zay, don't leave me alone with him."

He smirks and gives me a thumbs up. Josh bro hugs Zay, "Hey, Maya."

I put my hair on one side, "Uncle Boing."

He smiles and chuckles slightly because I said his nickname with a straight face. Zay smirks, "I'm gonna go. You two have fun catching up."

He smirks at me while walking away and I stick my tongue out at him which makes him laugh. Josh looks at me, "You know when I first saw you, I was expecting you to react differently than you did."

"Well, I don't really react like anything  when you have a girlfriend."

He nods understandingly, "Oh you've seen Sophia."

"Mhm."

He touches my arm which makes me look at him, "Wanna get out of here?"

"Won't Sophia mind?"

"She's not here. And I'm not going to try anything, I just want to catch up with you."

I sigh and think about it, "Fine."

He smiles and I follow him outside to his car. He starts driving. He says, "You know, you look really beautiful."

I turn my head to him and smile slightly, "Keep your eyes on the road."

He chuckles, "That's the smile I've been wanting to see." I roll my eyes playfully but smile and blush lightly. He parks at Central Park and I follow him out. We start walking around and catching up. "So did you enjoy your first day of classes?"

"Math, not so much."

He smiles and looks down at me, "That's understandable."

I nod before continuing. "But I enjoyed my Drawing class."

"Art major?"

I smile and nod, "Don't know why you're questioning it. Everyone knew that's what I was going to do."

"I know. I'm just happy you kept at it."

"Yeah, me too."

We kept walking and catching up. I really missed him, even though there's a lot of history with us. We've tried the dating thing at one point but we were just in 2 different places in our lives so we ended it but my feelings for him never ended. I guess I'm happy that we can at least be friends.

------
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Maya and Josh finally reunited!

Vote & Comment

Next Chapter: we're introduced to a new character Noah

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

3.2K 54 11
"I'm here for you Riley, Always." "How can you be so sure Farkle?" "Because I know what I feel now, unlike in high school, trust me I know." Riley...
114K 2.4K 34
That's when I immediately regretted it. I regret from sending a letter to this college. Regret even seeing him again in my life. He turned forward...
130K 3.4K 56
♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Maya is an aspiring ballerina who is more than ready to start her life at Manhattan School of Performing Arts. Of course her life is t...
62K 1.2K 8
Maya and Josh are a couple you'd never think would happen. Maya Hart; Free spirited, rebellious, smart, creative, goofy, troublesome. Broken. Maya...