They call me Grim (COMPLETED)

By lolly875

Ten years ago Anya Royce leapt from a bridge after relentless bullying. She died that day, with not even her... More

Beginning
Chapter 1: Death stops
Chapter 2: Being human . . . sucks
Chapter 3: Hungry Hungry Reaper
Chapter 4: Alright, lets fight to the death!
Chapter 5: Let's sit down and relive horrific memories
Chapter 6: The Heartless incident
Chapter 7: Mausoleums and pink
Chapter 8: Wolfsbane and red roses
Chapter 9: Cause and effects
Chapter 10: Blake's sad and Mary's evil
Chapter 11: In short- they're both idiots
Chapter 12: History of necromancery
Chapter 13: We can't . . .
Chapter 14: Demon reapers are real assholes
Chapter 15: Reapers, necromancers and soulshifters! Oh my!
Chapter 16: Dead and gone
Chapter 17: Be afraid, very afraid
Chapter 18: Let's throw some zombies into the mix!
Chapter 19: Marked
Chapter 20: Drakaina
Chapter 21: Vex kicks ass
Chapter 22: Monologues
Chapter 23: Mary's become a bit of a hot head
Chapter 24: Alpha command
Chapter 25: Uh oh
Chapter 26: Goodbye Grim
Chapter 27: THUNK! SQUELCH!
Chapter 28: Luck
Chapter 30: Goodbye
Epilogue: What happened after?
Boredom
The sequel/spinoff

Chapter 29: Let me apologise

5.8K 230 5
By lolly875

"No, no, no, no, no," Grim chanted. "You're not going to die on me."

Blake's eye lids fluttered around and he let out a choking rasp. He might have been trying to say something but it was impossible to know.

Grim's hands fluttered around, feeling completely useless. He looked like a hunk of raw meat. Every inch of his skin was open and bleeding, burned away in some places to the bone. It made her skin roll. Then she looked at his stomach and saw half his insides hanging out, and she felt dizzy. She had no idea what to focus on.

Her hands fluttered around, all over him, trying to help but doing nothing. She didn't know how to help him.

"Oh god," she whispered, looking into his eyes. "I don't know what to do."

He looked up at her and in that moment she was sure he tried to give her a comforting smile. Grim's chest shuddered with sobs and he gripped his hand. "I'm so sorry," she whispered, closing her eyes to place a kiss on his knuckles.

And then she realised that he was dead. It took everything in her to not jerk back in surprise when she realised.

No, she thought, no you can't be serious. But it was true, his soul was struggling to escape. She looked at the necromancer who was still gasping. Norma was with her and for some odd reason was trying to stop the bleeding. Grim looked back at Blake and felt a new wave of tears wash over her.

"Norma, call an ambulance," she ordered. Norma nodded and stood, pulling out her phone.

Grim turned back to Blake.

She could feel his soul trying to escape. It was his time. All she would need to do was get her scythe and she would be able to free his soul. She knew it would be easy. Death was officially reinstated with the necromancer dying. It would stop the agony that was undoubtedly coursing through him. He would simply close his eyes.

Yet, she didn't do that. Instead she tried to hold his organs in place. Instead she murmured words of encouragement.

He watched her with pain filled eyes, that Grim refused to look at.

If she didn't reap him right now she knew she would be punished. She would be sent downstairs to become a demon reaper. Or maybe they would do worse. The worst crime a reaper could commit was letting someone live when they weren't supposed to. But that was what she was going to do.

When the ambulance entered the bridge from the other side, indicating it came from the ext town over; Grim immediately knew the paramedics were werewolf's from the next pack.

They speed over and were out in a flash, opening the door and getting out a stretcher. They worked fast than a human could have.

"When we heard a man was injured on the bridge we knew it was the alpha," one of them explained. "Your beta explained."

"Save him," Grim ordered.

"He shouldn't even be alive right now," the other one said in disbelief.

"But he is, so save him," Grim hissed out.

She stumbled back and let them focus on him. She turned away and tried to wipe away the blood staining her hands. He was gasping and whimpering, she could hear him, but she couldn't stand it. She staggered away from him and over to Vex. His face was lined with black veins, and his one eye had become filled with blood. Anya kicked him over and gripped the scythe, jerking it from his skull.

Grim turned to Norma and watched emotionlessly as she worked away on the necromancer. She must have been in shock. Her mind was numb and it seemed her emotions had been drained away completely. Maybe it was because she knew it was all over for her.

The council was going to punish her. She was going to become a demon reaper. She would rather die.

"What are you doing?' Grim asked Norma her voice croaky and bland. "A few minutes ago you shot her."

Norma looked up at her, "That was before I happened to die." She turned back to Clara. The little girl was looking wide eyes up at the sky, breathing slowly and not seeming like she was in agony. She didn't even looked panicked that a scythe was still hanging out of her.

"Alright, one, two, three."

Grim turned as they lifted Blake up. Her breath hitched as she saw how still he was, but realised they'd just pumped him full of painkillers.

They began to wheel him to the ambulance but one of them stopped. One of them stopped and glanced at the unconscious bodies around, "What about the rest of them."

"Focus on him," Grim ordered.

Then Blake was gone. The only sign he had been here was the scent of burning flesh and the blood he'd left of the road and on Grim.

Slowly, Grim focused on the necromancer. Her dark skin was pale and her whole body had started shaking. The girl's eyes were back to normal and at that moment she looked like a sweet, innocent little girl. She looked up at Grim.

"I'm sorry," she whimpered out. "I can't control it. The darkness is too strong and it always wins. It makes me do bad stuff, it makes me hurt people. I don't mean to."

Grim sat beside her, gripping her hand. "I understand."

"They're going to punish you," Norma said. "They're going to send you down to hell because you let him live."

"I know," Grim said softly. "But I made my decision and there's nothing to do now."

Norma looked at Grim and shook her head, "That's not true."

Before she could finish there was a scream. Grim's head whipped to the side and blinked in surprise as a strange woman ran towards Mary. The woman was dressed in a familiar grey jumpsuit. She was also gorgeous. She had long golden hair and bright baby blue eyes. She looked like a model even as she looked at Mary panicked. Grim immediately knew she couldn't be human.

She ran over and gripped the woman's hair, shoving her scythe under her neck. "Who are you?' she demanded.

The woman looked up at her in surprise before her features contorted in contempt. "We've met before; I was in another form before. You tried to take the necromancer but I stopped you."

Grim thought back and realised that this was the vampire from before. Only now, she was something different.

"Why are you here?"

The woman sneered at Grim and it did nothing to dull her beauty. "Those cowards all ran. They were all torn up and in destroyed. They wanted new bodies and left her. They left their queen. The cowards. But I would never do that. I put a tracker app on her phone as soon as I could so I could never lose her again."

"You're a stalker," Grim told her. She hissed and a long lizard tongue snaked out. Grim flinched in surprise before the information was downloaded into her mind. "You're a succubus."

"Brand new."

"Well, this is for Blake." Grim raised her scythe but a hand was placed on her shoulder.

"No. We can use her."

Grim raised any eyebrow.

"Come here," Norma instructed turning and going back to the necromancer. Grim pulled the succubus by her hair down the road and to the necromancer. "Alright Clara," Norma said softly, "It's time to help Grim here."

"W-w-what?"

"You're going to rip the soul from this little monster here and then put Grim's soul in her body."

Grim looked at Norma, shocked. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about saving you from a life of hellfire and demons."

Grim turned back to the dying girl. Hope was tight in her chest but also guilt at asking the dying girl. "Could you do that?"

Clara looked hesitant before slowly nodding. "It would hurt for you both but yes."

"Aren't you too weak?"

Clara managed a smile. "I'm a necromancer, death is a very important part of my power, and as you can see right now I'm dying. I think I'm actually more powerful right now."

"Can you save yourself?" Grim asked hesitantly. She hated the other girl, the one with the echoing voice and pure black eyes. But this girl was innocent. She was simply a child and she didn't deserve to die like this.

"I don't want to," Clara said calmly. Seeing the confused looks she explained, pausing to cough and let out a moan. "I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to be evil. I don't want to hurt so many people. I don't want to like dead things so much. I'm sick of the darkness, it feels icky. I think it's better if I go up to heaven with my daddy."

Grim look at the girl, astounded.

"Now, let's help you. It's me saying sorry."

Grim looked up at Norma, "What about you?"

Norma looked down at the hole in her chest and shrugged her shoulders. "I wouldn't mind being a fire breathing dragon in human form."

Grim turned and looked at the unconscious Mary. Hate swelled in her heart, so intense it burst through the numbness that had settled over her. That woman was evil. She was a monster and deserved to die. No, she didn't. She didn't deserve to go unpunished, she didn't deserve to get off that easy.

"Wait one more thing. I need you to do something if you can, it's going to be a bit complicated."

"What?"

"Switch Norma into Mary's body, but don't let her soul go on. "

Grim turned and looked at the unconscious Mary and let a smirk cross her features.

"Because, I think little Mary over there deserves to meet the council."

$.cݾw/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 1.3K 43
I'm on a mission to find a missing council member. The last person I expect to find is my mate, Grim. He's dark, mysterious and seems to be obsessed...
217K 8.2K 60
[COMPLETED] BOOK ONE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * In a cold and damped cell lies a young she-wolf whose life is controlled by scientists. All...
267 29 20
'''I remember everything and everyone that was there that day that destroyed and crumbled my whole forever. The sound of my parents yelling and screa...
448 36 38
Death bows to no man. The strongest of any man or any woman, Death could never be beaten or outsmarted because as the grim reaper he was the personif...