The Contract Marriage (Comple...

By ShaanaG

#Book 1 #3 in humor on 13.5.18 #33 in romance on 03.04.17 Started on : 5th december 2015 Ended on: 14th febru... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Ryouma's P.O.V
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
about nxt update
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Epilogue
The next book
FAQs

Chapter 10

65K 1.9K 154
By ShaanaG

Teresa's P.O.V

When we reached the beach, my husband introduced me to Mr. and Mrs. Parker, an old couple but with lots of youth and romance in their heart, celebrating their 40th anniversary and our so-called "clients" in front of whom we had to act like a lovely typically in love couple. Mr. Ryan Parker, in his mid-60s looked very handsome with his blue eyes, charming smile and his tan muscular body, Mrs. Jane Parker, not much younger but fairer than her husband had charismatic personality and a mischievous spark in her light brown eyes, reminding me of my mother-in-law. They looked perfect together, a perfect couple, madly in love with each other and looking like a newly married couple on their honeymoon but actually celebrating their 40th marriage anniversary. Aww.

Before coming to Hawaii.

Teresa: Why should I pretend to be a happy typically in love with you?

Ryouma: Because they're very important and old client of ours and this deal is very important.

Teresa: What does that has to do with us?

Ryouma: They are typical old and hopelessly romantic couple. Mr. Parker is like an old grumpy grandpa and very hard to deal with and a very influential personality and only a fool would like to be on his bad side. Last time I met him it took all my energy to stand up to him with his rude comments without retorting back.

I can imagine them. It must have been hard for Mr. Monkey to ignore his comments because he himself is like Mr. grumpy grandpa.

"Normally my dad would handle every deal with him.." he continues "because my dad is kind of his favorite why? because they both are hopeless when it comes to their wife. But this time I have to handle him all by myself. so to make it easy we'll have to pretend to be "totally in love with each other" couple. Now are we clear?"

aww I love that look on his face right now. Worried, helpless because he can't do anything without me, he needs me. Hehehe..

"Okay. I get it. So we'll have to pretend to be a perfect romantic couple." I state it out.

"yes." He nods.

"But why should I do it?"

"Didn't I explain it to you, just now?"

"yeah but why should I do anything I hate for your stupid business deal? I don't see any reason to help you."

"You agreed you'll help me whenever needed, that's why we're in a contract marriage?"

"yes husband but this contract was with our mutual consent so we should have mutual benefits but no matter how I look at it, you're the only one that gets the benefit here. What would I get if I help you out with this?"

"wah! So, you're trying to make a deal, yea?" He finally figures out what I'm implying to.

"why shouldn't I? My dad and my husband are great business man and my husband loves deals and contracts. So I'm just learning from him. And why should I do something as hateful as pretend to be in love with you just for the sake of your business deal?" There's no way I'm going to help him for free.

"Fine. if you help me out of this..."

"Yes. if I help you out? then what?"

"then I would do anything you'd wish ?" That's the most tempting offer. He IS a businessman. Duh.

"wait come again I think I'm dreaming? did you just say you'll do anything I ask you to?"

"yes."

"anything?"

"yes. anything."

"Wow... I feel like I just got a genie from fairy tale who completes his master's 3 wishes." I can use it to trouble him or even better make him my servant.

"but here, you'll only get one wish fulfilled."

"With you that will be more than enough. Fine, I'm in." I exclaim dancing.

Flashback ends.

"you owe me a wish for this." I whispered in his ears and winked at him.

I hugged his arms and gave a bright smile.

He's taken aback for a moment but soon recovers from the shock and returns my bright smile with his killer one.

As we continued our talk with the Parker couple I get to know how my husband tricked me, he already knew about the events organized by the hotel for the honeymoon couples and in fact was invited by Mr. Parker himself and pretended all this time how he didn't want to attend this stupid game and made me convince (beg) him to come here. Argh! I glared at him. He returned my glare with his sheepish smile.

Sure, go ahead and enjoy making a fool out of me. I'll surely get my revenge for this.

I smiled mischievously which made his face go a little pale. Yes, you should be scared.

I took my hands off his arm and stepped few steps away from him which was of course noticed by the couple in front of us.

He glared at me but I just turned my head away.

"Is something the matter?" asked Jane.

"Oh it's nothing mam. Right honey?" He put his hands on my waist, holding me close.

I took his hands off me and glared at him, his face turning paler. Haha hilarious. He should know I'm the mc today and without me he's dead.

"what the hell are you doing?" He whispers in my ear.

"What do you think I'm doing?" I whispered back.

"Well?" Ryan and Jane looked at us with a confused expression on their face.

"to tell you the truth..." I turn to look at my husband's face which is going pale with every word I speak.

"Ah I can't do this anymore..." I shout.

"What is it child?" Jane asked me.

"You should ask my husband." he looked like as if I threw a bomb at him.

"Ryouma what did you do that her lovely smile is replaced by a sad face?" Ryan threatens my husband.

I just make a face and nod at Ryan's words.

There you go husband, answer now. I suppressed my smile.

"Well, her luggage was misplaced at the airport and after reaching here I left her alone at the room and went to work. She's just getting cranky over how I gave more importance to my work instead of her." What a lying jerk. lying so easily. But he isn't exactly lying, my luggage is misplaced and I am angry about that. Such a smart ass!

"You shouldn't have done that young man. Your 1st priority should always be your sweetheart no matter how important your work is. Right wife?" Ryan looks at his wife.

"It's all your fault." Jane scolds him.

"what did I do?" Ryan asks her confused.

"Who was the one who called him for work? Disturbing the newlyweds? Now you've created a fight between them in the 1st day of their holiday."

Oh no they're fighting because of us.

Now it was my husband's turn to suppress his laugh seeing the old couple fight.

"Look what have you done, idiot?" I hit him with my elbow.

"you did this." He winks at me.

"You're impossible."

Jane sees us fighting.

"Oh forgive him, child. it's all this old man's fault. I'm sorry on his behalf." Jane glares at her husband.

"It's okay, Jane. It's not your husband's fault. It was my husband who prioritized his work." I glared at my husband who was grinning widely.

"Yes ma'am, I'm at fault for ruining my love's evening." He pretends to be guilty.

wow such an actor.

"I'll take full responsibility and if you don't mind excusing us. I want to make up for my behavior, I have my plans."

"You have w-what?" I look at him suspiciously. Now what the hell is going on in his evil mind?

"Yes, love. I promised I would make it up to you. Didn't I?"

"you d-did?" I stammer.

"Now if you'll excuse us. I would love to take my wife on a date." He pulls me close to him, his hands on my waist.

"oh of course you can. she's all yours." Jane gives a bright smile.

"Thank you. So, Shall we?" He takes my hand and walks off.

He has plans? what plans? and a date? my head's spinning right now.

He held my hand and took me to a place decorated with flowers and pretty lights with a table at the center which had champagne and 2 wine glasses. I was stunned by the view in front of me. I looked at my husband who squeezed my hand and led me to the table. he pulled my chair and helped me sit and sat on the chair opposite mine.. My brain isn't functioning at all. Who the hell is this guy? Is he really my rude, arrogant and totally jerk husband? Yes he is because he has this victorious smile on his face.

"So, surprised? my love?" he winked at me.

"Surprised? more like shocked?" I mutter.

He laughs. Did he always look this handsome or is it just the atmosphere? No, No I shake my head and slap my cheeks. It's all "pretend to be in love", he's just a great actor and that's it nothing else.

I gulp down the wine in one go.

"Hey, take it easy? 'k?" He pats my head. What am I? a cat?

I nod my head.

"Nice move out there. you nearly got me." He folds his arms.

"And you perfectly knocked me out with this." I point at the decorations.

"I don't like to lose." He says with a sweet smile on his face.

"I can see that." I rolled my eyes.

"Why, you didn't like it?" He raises his brows.

"Of course, my dear husband planned a perfect date for me, see I'm very happy." I pointed at my fake, plastered smile.

"Try to smile a little genuinely. If you continue like this it won't take them a minute to figure out we're pretending."

"Hahah." I force a laugh.

"Is it better?" I ask him sarcastically.

"Forget it. previous one was better."

"whatever."

Suddenly his glittery, sparkly smile turns into a scowl. I look at the direction he's looking and see Sam, his cousin because of whom we fought and then he left me in the middle of the road in the middle of the night and a lady next to him, probably his wife?

He got up from his place and walked away angrily, leaving me alone. oh he's back to normal. I thought.

Seems like our so-called date has come to an end.

sigh.

Seeing him walk away and leaving me alone, Ryan and Jane came to me followed by Sam and his wife.

"Is everything okay?" Jane asked concerned.

"yes. he went to attend an important call." I smiled at her. even I don't know what happened.

"work again?" Jane looked at me sympathetically.

"oh no it's totally fine, Jane. I'm not mad anymore."

"Hi." I looked at Sam and his wife.

"hi Teresa." he greeted me and then looked at his wife.

"Sara, this is Teresa, Ryouma's wife and Teresa this is Sara, my wife." he affectionately kissed her forehead holding her close. hmm another lovely couple. :)

"Nice to meet you, sara." I hugged her. She was surprised for a second but then hugged me back.

"What a pleasant surprise! I exclaimed happily. "but Ryouma didn't tell me about you guys coming here too. If you guys were coming here we four could have come together?"

well for now I'm glad that I can borrow some clothes from sara, atleast its better than that monkey's shirt! I do hope she lends me her clothes.

I felt someone pulling me. I turned to look and the devil is back again.

"I didn't know they were coming either." He threw an ice-cold glare at them.

"Welcome back Mr. Devil" I muttered.

"Said something? honey", his eyes threatened.

I shake my head vigorously. what's wrong with him? few minutes ago he was a like prince giving me princess treatment and now the devil is back to his normal self.

"Why don't you all join us?" I asked both the couples. There's no way I'm going with him alone. He may murder me.

Sam: "oh no we don't want to ruin your date."

"You've already ruined it with your presence." mutters my husband.

"hmm?" I look at him.

"Why not? You should join us. We don't mind." He fakes a smile.

"But..." Sara hesitates.

"oh now come on... please join us. we insist." My husband insists, I don't know why? I thought he didn't like them but who cares?

I vigorously nod my head. I don't want be alone with him.

"Okay... if you say so. Do not blame us for interfering." Jane teases us.

phew. I'm saved.

5 minutes later.

what's with this super tense atmosphere?

"Umm let's play something. like truth or dare?" I suggested to lighten the mood.

"yeah, sure. That'll be fun." Jane clasped her hands together.

But none of the others said anything.

"should I take that as a yes?" I ask them but No reply.

"sure. Here. I'll spin the bottle." Jane started to spin the bottle.

I am getting a bad feeling about this.

Game start

1st person: Ryan.

"Woah! there you go Ryan. truth or dare?"

" of course I'd go for Dare."

"Oooo... Ok then Ryan look into Jane's eyes and praise her for next 2 minutes." I dared him.

"that's an easy one." He shrugs.

Ryan took his wife's hand and looked into her eyes with his eyes full of love and praised the sweetest and cutest things for more than 2 minutes almost 5 minutes he could have gone on and on but we had to forcibly stop him . I didn't mind him but my husband did.

2nd turn: Jane. she chose truth and told us about their love story.

3rd turn: MY HUSBAND!

"I'll pass." He raised his hand.

Jane: "oh you can't escape, son. Now truth or dare."

"I don't want to." He refuses bluntly.

"Umm it's okay, jane if he doesn't want to." I jumped in between them before my husband creates a scene.

"No it's not okay, child. Now that you refused to play, you'll get a punishment." Ryan spoke.

"And your punishment is to profess your love to your wife. In front of everyone."

"oh no..." I mutter.

"yes." Jane flashes a bright smile. She's enjoying it, again reminds me of my mother-in-law.

I face palm myself. Just whose great idea was it to play this game?

My husband knelt down on his knees and took my hand.

He's not doing it, is he? I looked at him with a blank expression.

"Umm... I.... You..." He stammered.

Haha I knew it, it's not his cup of tea... even if it's just pretending.

He saw me trying to suppress my laugh. Something lit in his eyes and then gone. Was I imagining things?

He took a deep breath and started to badmouth about me. Like how he doesn't get to sleep because of my sleeping habits and how I colored his room pink just to annoy him, how I threatened him at the office and goes on and on. Is he confused between professing love and venting out anger?

But then he surprised me with all his sweet talks.

He says I look beautiful every time he looks at me, how I messed up his life and he likes it, every time that he loves to tease me because he gets to see new hilarious, cute expressions of mine?

After he's finished everyone clap and I became aware of my surroundings. I Blinked once, twice, thrice. Seeing me like this, he gives his devilish smile and stands in front of me.

"Snap out of it, love. the play's over." He bends and whisper in my ear.

There's a sudden rush of blood in my face causing me to blush furiously.

I glared at him and he chuckled.

This DEVIL!!

"Let's continue the game." Jane spins the bottle around.

Next turn: Sam

"Sam, truth or dare?"

"Dare." Sam winks at his wife.

"Why?Scared to face the truth?" There goes my husband's mouth.

"Dare." Sam repeats it like a threat.

"Ok so dare it is, then." I try to continue.

"Coward." there he goes can't he just shut his mouth?

"Think whatever you want, I don't care." Sam rolls his eyes.

Ryouma: "Like you ever cared?"

"I don't like wasting my truth over guys who does't want to hear anything." Sam retorts.

"Really?" Ryouma keeps his hands on the table with a bang.

"Okay guys, I think we should stop the game. it's getting late, look at the time." i try to end this here but no there goes my husband's bad mouth.

"why the fun has just begun."

God! Why did I even think to play this game? Who as the idiot who asked them to join? oh great that was me again. Someone do something before they turn this place into a battle field.

Seeing me panic, Ryan turns on the music. "May I have a dance, Lady?"

"yeah?" I look at him confused.

He just nods.

"I mean yea sure." I hold his hand.

"hmm hmm." jane clears her throat extending her hand towards Ryouma.

My husband sighs.

"May I have a dance, my lady?" He bows in front of her and take her hand.

"Thank you, Ryan.'' I look at him relieved. Seeing everything back to normal i relax.

"My pleasure, dear." He smiles gently.

Jane whispers something in my husband's ear. Ryouma nods and they both walk towards us.

"May I?'' He extends his hand to me.

"She's all yours." Ryan gives my hand on his.

The music changes.

It's a beautiful feeling

What we got deep inside

We got a flame that will last forever

Together you and I

He pulls me close looking into my eyes. For some reason my heart decides to participate in a race cause damn my heart is beating crazily fast.

Such a rush of emotions

There's no way we can push it away

'Cause they'll never tear our love apart

Our bond will never break

God what's wrong with me? Teresa focus he's a devil in sheep's clothing he's a jerk a total jerk, remember he's been very mean to you. Focus you damn woman focus.

"Can't get your eyes off me wife? I know I'm handsome but do you have to make it obvious? " there it goes his arrogant, self obsessed mouth. See this is him, his true self. Don't be deceived.

Do you believe in the power

Of everlasting love

We can make it if we stay together

Our love is just enough

"Actually I need to ask something?"

No you're not! Don't!

"The things you said earlier..."

Ok hold on. not a word after this. My subconscious warns me.

"Earlier?" he looks at me.

Stop you mad woman stop. I silence the voice inside my head.

"In the game... the dare..."

"Forget about it." he looks around.

Promise me this forever

We'll always stay this way

We can start at the end of time

And do it all again

"Was it just a dare or?"

"Why?"

"No just..."

"You're annoying, you know that?"

"So, was it just a dare?"

"You talk too much."

"Yeah but--"

Then I'm silenced by his kiss...

Oh my love

I'm all yours

And there will never be another one

'Cause I'm eternally yours

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 11.5K 99
Amelia Jones, Amy's good life turned upside down when she lost both her parents in a car accident. Now she got to move in with her father's best frie...
12.2M 395K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
67.3K 3.2K 56
Indelible Series Book #1 #28 [laughter] in 4.4k stories [11/11/20] #3 [badass female] (24/01/21) A carrier oriented middle class girl Ayat Seth was p...
1M 41.4K 60
"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion? It felt so real and lively. "...and ju...