Oh, Angel. (1)

By bellamarwan

She fell in love with someone who was impossible to love. He thought being in love was impossible until she c... More

Chapter 1: Macallan 18
Chapter 2: Millionaire
Chapter 3: You have my word
Chapter 4: Conflict of interest
Chapter 6: Dimples and giggles
Chapter 7: Stay
Chapter 8: Rules
Chapter 9: Beauty behind the lie
Chapter 10: Danger
Chapter 11: Veins full of liqour
Chapter 12: Well fuck
NEW COVER: not an update
Chapter 13: Styles theatre
Chapter 14: Love always, Emma.
Chapter 15: Hurt
Chapter 16: Gone
Chapter 17: I swear to you
Chapter 18: Why?
Chapter 19: Beautiful
Chapter 20: A day with him
Chapter 21: Complicated
Chapter 22: Until next time
Chapter 23: The reveal
Chapter 24: His heart
Chapter 25: CHILDish
Chapter 26: Perfume
Chapter 27: 90 days
Chapter 28: Say something
Chapter 29: The H word
Chapter 30: The M word
UPDATE

Chapter 5: A deck of hearts

124 4 4
By bellamarwan

"You don't get to choose who you fall in love with. You only get to choose who you stay in love with."

[M.]

I was shocked to see Harry Styles at my door. I could tell he was pissed and for some reason it didn't click to me why. When I understood he must have called me to go through the final revised contract and I didn't pick up the phone. I could tell he was trying with every strength not to get angry with me and he covered for me which was nice.

"I didn't know you were into buying stocks ?" Ethan says bringing me back to reality.

"I wasn't but I needed a bit of extra money so Keisha suggested Styles Industries." I lie

"You know baby.. If you need any money you cou-"

"I know I would just rather earn it myself." I interrupt

We've had this conversation so many times and it's always the same. He said he wouldn't mind just giving me some money since he earns more than he could spend on himself but I simply couldn't take it. I've always been so independent and earning my own money felt better.

"I feel sorry if you had to deal with Harry directly though." Ethan chuckles

I tilt my head curiously "Why's that?"

Ethan shrugs "Harry isn't the kindness guy ever.. He can be ruthless, he doesn't care to be decent."

I nod not saying anything. He didn't seem as bad as Ethan was saying but hopefully after today Harry would still allow me to tell Ethan about this whole mess.

But maybe if Harry already lied I wouldn't have to?

This was something I needed to decide quickly and quietly so I thought to take a shower to think of a final decision.

[H.]

Furious.

That's how I felt and that's how I acted for the rest of the day. I didn't give anyone the time of day and I wasn't taking anyone's shit not even Liam's.

"What the hell is going on? You're acting like a dick, more than usual. I've had complaints, you made a women cry."

I look up from the emails bored out of my mind because of the subject of conversation. I don't care I made someone cry if they didn't like it they were replaceable.

"That's not my problem I'm here to make money not to comfort my employees. If she doesn't like it she can quit." I bluntly say

Liam sighs and shakes his head "Harry.. Don't give the board members anot-"

"Shut up Liam! I'm done hearing about this now leave my off-"

"Sir there's a Mia Porter here to see you." my secretary interrupted

"Send her in." I say and I look at Liam "Get out."

He nods and gets out of the chair and greets Mia as he leaves.

I look at the time it's 3 pm.

Oh now she decided to be early?

"It's good to know your phone is working properly." I say pointing towards it

"I'm sorry sir my phone had died and I wasn't aware I woul-"

"It's fine Mia. I just don't tolerate tardiness. If I can be contacted so can you. I was made a fool at your home."

She looks at me and sighs. "I see how it's hardly fair. It was your own damn choice to come to my home and now I have to explain to my boyfriend why the hell you were there."

I look at her feel myself smirk slightly but I stop myself. I felt amused by her outburst. "Mia I don't know who you think you're talking to but, if you're done I would like to go on with what we need to discuss." I stare at her and she has made no move to retaliate so I continue.

"Alright so your conditions have been added to the new revised contract. I also added one more thing, I didn't know if I had to clarify this before but I might as well state it now. While working for me the next few months you will not be accepting any other business with your clients. I already spoke to your boss so he's alright with it so the decision is yours. You may take it home to read or if you'd like to read it here you may also." I suggest

"I'll read it now." She says biting her lip

I glance at her lips and nod. "Of course."

I go back to answering some emails and looking through settlement deals that were put on my desk.

"I'll sign."

I look up to see her already looking at me. "Very well." I hand her my pen and let her sign where she needs to sign and I sign as well.

"Alright Mia, I will send you a copy of this contract within the next hour." I say

She nods and sits in front of me. "Any questions ?" I ask

She giggles "I guess what I'm wondering is, what do we do now?"

"How about dinner tonight ? We can finally make a public appearance. I'll tip off the tabloids and they will show up at the restaurant of my choosing. You will not answer any of the questions that the paparazzi throw your way tonight, leave it to me."

Her kind smile disappears and its met with a tight line instead as she nods.

"Good, I'll come pick you up around 6?"

"See you then sir." She says as she starts to stand up.

"One more thing Mia, you may call me Harry." I say offering her a small smile back.

She nods "See you at 6 Harry."

[M.]

When I came home Ethan was still here sitting at the kitchen table and he looked distressed. I sighed and set my bag on the table near my door setting my keys down.

He looks up at me and he looks exhausted. He offers me a faint smile and I knew for a fact his mind wasn't here with me. I pull up a chair and sit down. I reach for his hand but he flinched away and I bit my lip trying to stop myself from crying.

"Baby.." I strain myself from saying as he gives me an apologetic look and holds my hand.

"Sorry.. I just.. This is new for me." He says quietly as if he was afraid to say something that would break me.

Oh my darling. It is I who is breaking you.

I gave him a look indicting I understand his feelings. "I need you to understand that my decisions always have a reason I didn't take this job to spite you or to hurt you purposely."

"You must have known this would hurt me Mia. For heaven sake, how could it possibly not bring me pain ? You'll be seen in public with another man while I'll be the man on the side."

"You know that's not true. You're the man I really want to be with." I explain

"It won't seem like that to the world." He mumbles

I chuckle at his statement "The whole world won't know about it stop being dramatic Ethan."

"You don't even realize who Harry Styles is do you?"

I almost choke on his words as if they entered my mouth to clog my airways. "H-Harry?"

"I'm no fool Mia. I know you didn't buy stocks you don't even know the first thing about buying stocks and you would never directly work with Harry Styles no one ever does. He sure as hell wouldn't go to his clients home to share some news that could've been shared over the phone. I put two and two together, and bam he's your new fake boyfriend."

I was speechless at how observant Ethan had been but I wasn't shocked at the same time. He always did pay attention this man had a really good memory and heart.

"You said you would explain so explain."

"I need the money for my brother."

His eyes go wide for a moment. "I didn't know you had a brother."

"I don't tell people a lot about my past but yes I do have a brother. I'm paying for his education and it's pricey. To be able to live comfortably for myself and to pay for his education it's a lot."

Ethan looks at me then sighs "I can help Mia if only you'd let me." He looks at the time on his watch and sighs again.

"Unfortunately I have to go. I'm already late for work. How about dinner tonight ?"

"I can't do dinner tonight I have to make my first public appearance with Harry." I say lowly

He nods "Right. I'm going to have to get used to this. We still have a bit to talk about so call me when you're done dinner." He kisses the top of my head

"I love you Mia." I close my eyes as I feel his lips linger on my head and with that he leaves.

Kill me before I make his heart bleed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 159 36
"Holding his hand is like Biting in a forbidden fruit The desire so strong The consequences so severe" ---- Rian thought falling for Harry Styles was...
353K 8.2K 59
They went to the same school. She was just like any other normal teenage girl in high school. He on the other hand wasn't like any other teenage boy...
4K 63 42
This story Is about a girl named Jessie Myers who meets an old bad boy (aka) Harry Styles from there high school, then her life changes completely b...
69.6K 1.1K 30
Meet Harry and Emily who are similar in a some ways and poles apart in many ways. They say opposite attracts. Two completely different people may fal...