Meant To Fall || Harry Styles

By JukingAri

"Love can happen by chance, and it can be lost by choice." He changed her, and she changed him. But what happ... More

Monologue
Chapter 1 [Harry]
Chapter 2 [Harry]
Chapter 3 [Summer]
Chapter 4 [Summer]
Chapter 5 [Summer]
Chapter 6 [Harry]
Chapter 7 [Summer]
Chapter 8 [Summer]
Chapter 9 [Harry & Summer]
Chapter 10 [Harry]
Chapter 11 [Summer]
Chapter 12 [Summer]
Chapter 13 [Harry]
Chapter 14 [Harry]
Chapter 15 [Summer]
Chapter 17 [Harry & Summer]
Chapter 18 [Harry & Summer]
Chapter 19 [Harry & Summer]
Chapter 20 [Summer]
Chapter 21 [Harry & Summer]
Chapter 22 [Summer]
Chapter 23 [Harry & Summer]
Chapter 24 [Harry]
AUTHOR'S NOTE (REALLY IMPORTANT)
Chapter 25 [Summer]
Chapter 26 [Harry]
Chapter 27 [Harry & Summer]
Chapter 28 [Harry]
Chapter 29 [Summer]
Chapter 30 [Summer]
Chapter 31 [Harry & Summer]
Chapter 32 [Summer]
Chapter 33 [Harry]

Chapter 16 [Harry & Summer]

134 8 0
By JukingAri

// photo of Summer and Harry. I found it on Tumblr so credits to whoever >>

SUMMER:

*the next day*

"Morning Mom," I yawned as I entered the dining room. "Hey," She smiled. "Look at this. What do you think?" She held out what looked like an invitation or ticket to my recital.

"Wow," I said, trying to act like I cared. "2 rows reserved?" She nodded. "Mrs. Peterson mailed them this morning," she added. "She says she wants you to be in the studio by 8 on Monday." I groaned.

"Oh, and..." Mom picked up five invitations. "..give these to the One Direction boys, would you?" She handed me the five invitations. It had the names of the boys in it. RSVP, 2nd row.

"When should I give it?" I asked. "Tonight of course," she said. "The 'Best Song Ever' wrap party. Your sister's first directing job. She's very proud of her work."

"Alright," I said. "What time's the party?" Mom looked at me. "7 PM," she said. "But we leave around 6. Oh, and it's a yacht party so dress formal." I nodded. "Okay, mom," I sighed.

I went to the kitchen and had a s'mores pop tart for breakfast, then I took a shower. I looked at the clock. It was 1 freaking PM! I overslept. Am I really exhausted? Oh, well. 5 more hours till we leave.

"SUMMER!" Hallie was knocking on the door. "It's open," I said. She came in, carrying a dress with her. She set it on my bed. "Wear this," she said. "Why?" I asked.

"Well," she thought for a moment. "Grandma D bought it for me on my 17th Birthday, but I never got the chance to wear it. I thought you might want to, 'cause you know.. it's vintage."

I shrugged and looked at the dress. It was a one shoulder floral dress that fell mid-thigh. It had red and white flowers, and some blotches. Vintage. I like it.

"Alright," I smiled. "I haven't picked a dress anyway. Thanks, Hallie." She smiled back. "Let me do your hair and make-up," she said. I shook my head. "I don't wanna bother," I told her.

"Nonsense," she insisted. "Come with me. Let's go to my room. I'll let you wear some shoes to match that dress too!"

She dragged me to her room, and made me sit in front of her vanity table. Hallie has a huge make up kit. It's got everything. Well, reasonable since she's an A-List actress. They always have to look good.

"What are those?" she pointed at the invitations I was holding. Oh, I was still holding them. "My recital," I answered. "Mom invited the One Direction boys."

"Knowing you," she said. "You want me to give it to them?" I handed her Louis, Liam, Niall and Zayn's invitations. I kept Harry's with me. "Can I be the one to give Harry's?" I asked. She smirked.

"Of course you want to give it to him," she said. "You too are cozying up on each other lately." I felt my face turn red. "We're just friends," I snapped. She laughed.

"I never said you guys were more than that," she winked. I blushed harder. She was right. I assumed. 'But," she continued. "Feel free to like Harry. He's cool. Media people are sick bastards who make stuff up about him."

"Yeah," I agreed. "I feel sorry for Harry. The judgement on him's pretty harsh." Hallie laughed. "Do you like him?" she asked. I shook my head rapidly. "Absolutely not!" I yelped. "Harry's just a-a good friend!"

"If you say so," she teased. "But you know, you guys would make a cute couple." My face really turned into red. The reddest of all reds. "C-can we drop that topic now?" I requested. "It's creepy."

"Alright," she said. "Now, close your eyes. I'm putting some blush on. Let the Hallie babe work on her make-up magic!"

The make-up shennanigans lasted for an hour, and then another hour for my hair. I don't want to look at myself. i'd probably look like a clown.

Hallie did hers as well. She did it so perfectly. It suits her so well. She is just so gorgeous. I tend to wish I looked like her.

She looked a lot like mom, and our mom was a supermodel. Hallie tends to make me insecure, indirectly. It's probably because she's got a lot of guys crawling on their knees for her.

While me, I'm a plain nobody. I never had a boyfriend. I never kissed a guy. No one bothers notice me, except for friends and family. I'm like a 5th wheeler or a black sheep in my family.

"Summer," Hallie said. "Put the dress on. Here's one of my purses and shoes. Mom says we leave in 15 minutes."

I didn't look at the mirror as I passed by. No looking at my own face. i changed in Hallie's dressing room. I put Harry's invitation, my phone, cash and other random crap on my purse.

"My, my," Hallie said as I got out of the dressing room. "You. Are. SO GORGEOUS!" I gave her a grateful smile. "Thanks for help," I told her. "For the hair and make-up."

"Let's go," she said. "I bet Mom, Dad, Jeff and Clayton are waiting." We both got out of her room and to the lobby.

We went down to find Dad, Clayton and Jeff in tuxedos while my Mom wore a Chanel gown that was made for especially for her. Even though she gave birth to 4 children, she's still supermodel stunning.

"Oh my gosh," she said as she covered her mouth. "Summer... this is the first time I've seen you dress up like this. You look so beautiful." Hallie looked so proud. "My handiwork," she said. "My masterpiece."

"Wow," Clayton said. "At least you didn't make her as cakefaced like you." He teased Hallie. Hallie hit him in the head. "Don't be such a moron," she told him. "I only wear make up when I have to."

"Yeah, right." Clayton chuckled. "You wear way---" Mom decides to step in. "Clayton Ernest Browning," she said. "and Hallie Rosario Browning. No fighting. Not tonight. It's a special occasion."

They both stopped and restrained from their sibling bickering. Hallie may be 24 and Clayton may be 22, but they still tend to act like children when they bicker. It's hilarious.

We all went to the car, and we made our way to the Venice Beach pier. It was a family moment since the 5 of us were here. Yay, cool.

"Oh, crap," Clayton said as he glanced at the window. "What?" Dad asked. "Papparazzi's here," he answered. Hallie groaned. "Alright," Mom said. "Ignore them as we enter the yacht."

"Enrique," she called our family bodyguard who was in the front seat. "Do your duty, but prioritize Summer and Jeff." Enrique nodded.

Prioritized: me and Jeff. Every time there's papparazzi, Mom tells Enrique to watch me and Jeff since we're the ones with least experience when it comes to dealing with the media.

Sure, Jeff's an actor. He has a show on Nick, but he's 12. The media don't give a crap about minors unless we do something ridiculous. Right now, Jeff's too much of a goody-too-shoes to be in the headlines.

We arrived and we all piled out of the car. First, Hallie then Clayton then me and Jeff, covered by Enrique. Mom and Dad were always the last to leave the car.

"Ignore them," Hallie hooked her arm around me as we made our way to the entrance. "Okay," I whispered to her.

The annoying flashes and the unison talking. This is what they do for a living? Man, get a real job. Being papparazzi won't give you enough. Go and be a doctor, a lawyer or something. Stay out of people's noses.

"Clayton, are you the next President of Brown Records?"

"Hallie, are you and Kent Lucas engaged?"

"Jeff, is your show on Nick being cancelled?"

"Summer, how does it feel like being the black sheep of the Browning family?"

Ignore them, I thought. Don't speak to them. Cover your face. Take a deep breathe and walk straight. You're almost there.

"Hey!" Alice ran up and hugged Hallie. "Congratulations, Hallie. I can't wait to see the music video!" Hallie smiled. "Thank you, Alice," she said. 'I can't wait to hear your album!" They both laughed.

"OMG," Alice turned to me. "Summer, you look so stunning!" Really? Well, I haven't seen myself yet. "My masterpiece," Hallie said again. "I love her hair especially," Alice told her.

Clayton went off to some of his friends who were invited. Jeff went off to Bob, who happens to be his co-star. So, it's just me, Alice and Hallie.

"Is Kent here?" Hallie asked. "Yeah," Alice nodded. "He's in some corner, taking photos of the LA ocean at night." Hallie laughed then left us.

"C'mon," she dragged me. "Niall came up with a brilliant idea for the song. The three of us should talk about it." We trudged our way to the One Direction boys.

"Hey!" Alice chirped. "Hey, Alice. Hey-- Summer?" Zayn's jaw dropped. When my name was mentioned, Harry turned and his jaw dropped too. Now, I feel insecure.

"Um," I looked at my feet. "Hi Zayn." He gave me a curt nod, and Alice moved towards Niall, Louis and some girl. "Hey Tommo and Horan," Alice greeted. "Hey," Niall said.

"Hey lass," Louis said then he gestured at the girl beside her. "This is my girlfriend, Eleanor." She smiled at us. "Hello," I mumbled. "It's nice to meet you."

"Summer Browning," she said. "I love your sister. Her fashion, and her movies." I chuckled. "I'm sure she'd love to hear that," I said. We both laughed.

"Alright," Alice said. "Niall!" She got his attention and he turned to us. "Yeah?" he asked. "Tell her your idea," she said. "Okay," he said. "You guys should add 'Oooooooohhh, Oooooooohhh' in the beginning."

I nodded. It was a small idea but when i think of the song, Niall's idea fits perfectly. "I think it's a great idea," I said. "Nice, Horan!" He laughed. "Anytime," he said. I glanced at Harry and decided it would be nice to give Niall and Alice some time.

"I should go," I said. "See you guys later." They both seemed grateful, but Alice got an idea and gave me the look. I just winked and walked to Harry. "Hey," I said shyly.

"Hello there," he smirked. "You look beautiful tonight." Is it me, or his accent just got all hot? Wait, what? Snap out of it, Summer! "Um,' I looked down. "Thanks."

"Hey," Harry started. "You want to---" He was cut off. "Summer," we both turned to see who it was. "Justin!" I squealed and hugged him.

"Damn,' he said. "You look so different than your usual self." I laughed. "As Hallie would say, her 'masterpiece',' I placed air quotes on the "masterpiece" part. Justin laughed.

"C'mon," Justin grabbed my arm. "Selena, Kent, Hallie, Alice and the others are sitting together. Let's join them." I was about to speak but he already took me to the table.

I shot Harry and apologetic look, and he just nodded. I wanted to sit with Harry, Niall, Liam, Louis and Zayn. And Harry never got the chance to finish his sentence.

But well, I'm still with my friends. Selena, Justin, Alice, Bob, May, Loraine, Clayton, Luz, Kent, Hallie and I are in one table. It's a good table, but I wanted to sit with Harry.

# # # # # # #

HARRY:

I was going to ask Summer to sit with us, but Justin Bieber beat me to it. Summer sent me an apologetic look and I gave her a sign that it was okay.

Actually, it's not. I'm not mad at Summer. I want to grab her and tell Justin that I was about to ask her. i know he and Selena are together, but he's good friends with Summer.

"Alright," Hallie spoke on stage. "Thanks for coming, everyone. This is the 'Best Song Ever' wrap party..." She went on but I didn't bother listen.

Summer looks so beautiful tonight. I've never seen her this dressy. I mean, she looked so natural and beautiful. It was amazing. She's a winner.

She's always been beautiful. She's simple and modest. She's so brilliant, I love her. As a friend, of course.

"Now," Hallie went on. "Let's play the damn music video!" The screen started. It was a skit.

They were laughing, but I didn't bother see the video. I was focusing on Summer. She was looking on the screen and she seemed concentrated.

After a while, my alter ego came up. A smile formed on her face as she watched. I hope she wasn't making fun.

"Cute as button all of you," Marcel said on the screen. She laughed. They all laughed. I hope in a good way.

The song began and it went on and on and on. When it was done, everyone burst into applause. Hallie bowed down and walked out of the stage in triumph.

Then it was dinner, i didn't eat properly. I still kept looking at Summer. She was on a conversation with Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. Of course, i couldn't hear. They were 3 tables away from us.

"Haz," Liam said. "Are you alright?" I nodded. "I'm fine," I said and I tried to act cool so they wouldn't worry about me, or tease me about Summer.

"So," Mrs. Browing, or Mable, said on the microphone. "I guess you can all have fun now. Dance and stuff." She raised her glass and we all did too. She went down, the music played.

People were slowly going on the dance floor. "Eleanor?" Louis asked. She nodded and off they went. "I'm gonna ask Alice if she wants to dance," Niall said. Zayn winked at him.

"Perrie's not here though," Zayn sighed. "It wouldn't kill to have a dance with model, Loraine Tonia Richards," I told him. "Right," he said. "Perrie trusts me, and it's a friendly dance."

"Actually," Liam got up. "Let's do a bro. dance, Zayn!" Zayn looked at Liam. "That's a better idea," he chuckled then they both went to the dance floor. Great, I'm alone.

Summer must've noticed since she made her way towards me. Darn, she looks so beautiful. Her smile's got me so mesmerized.

"Hey," she said. "Hi," I smirked. She took out her phone. "Take a picture with me, would you?" She asked. I nodded. I wrapped my arm around her waist as she took our photo with her iPhone.

"Thanks, Hazza," she chirped. "Hey," I said. "You want to--" Someone steps in again. "Summer," Clayton said. "Let me have a brother-sister dance!" He dragged her to the dance floor.

I sighed. I was going to ask her to dance too. Now, it wasn't Justin. It was Clayton. Her brother, so i can't feel any anger or grudge. Just disappointment.

I wasn't in the mood to dance anymore. I decided to go and get some fresh air. Maybe I'll feel better. I walked out of the deserted corner of the yacht.

# # # # # # #

SUMMER:

I just saw Harry walk out of the yacht. He was alone. Was he alright? He's been cut off twice. He never got the chance to tell me what he had to tell me.

"Clayton," i said. "I'm getting exhausted. Can you dance with Luz or something?" He smiled. 'Yeah, I'll ask her," he said. "Feel better, little sister!" I thanked him and stepped out of the dance floor, I followed Harry.

He was outside the yacht. It was quiet, but it had a view of the ocean at night. The ocean at night scares me, but I had to make sure Harry was fine.

Oh, and did I mention that it was freaking cold? Damn the ocean breeze. Damn temperature drop at night.

"Hey," I said. He turned and he looked surprised. "Aren't you supposed to be enjoying the party?" he turned back to the ocean view. "Aren't you too?" I said. He smirked. "Touche, Browning," he said.

"Right back at 'ya, Styles," I smirked. "So," I continued. "What are you doing here? This is your party. You're a part of the BSE crew."

He looked up at the moon. "I just needed air," he said. I nodded then shivered. "Are you cold?" he asked. I shook my head. "Liar," he said. He took off his coat and wrapped it around me. I got a clear view of ink on his collarbones.

"Nice tattoos," I said. He laughed. "It doesn't bother you?" he asked. "The tattoos?" I shook my head. "It's your body," I told him. "Your body, your business. Not mine."

"Smart," he stated. I opened my purse and handed him the invitation. "What's this?" he asked. 'It's for you," I answered. "A Night of Music," he read out loud. "Harry Styles. RSVP, 2nd row."

"I hope you can come," I said. For some reason, my heart was beating when I said it. "Of course," he smiled. "I'd like to hear you play. I look forward to this."

"Oh," I remembered something. "What was it you wanted to tell me back inside?" He looked down sadly. "Nothing," he said. "Harry," I looked at him. At night, his green eyes twinkled. OMG, I'm melting.

"Fine," he sighed. "I was going to ask you to dance with me." I frowned. "Why didn't you?" I asked. "Clayton took you," he said. "I'm sorry," I said. "Don't be,' he smiled. "Just dance with me now,"

"There's no music," I pointed out. "You don't need music to dance. You just need your heart and the right moment," he stated it like it was a fact. "Um," I nodded. "Okay."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I rested my head on his chest. We were swaying, and stuff. The traditional slow dance.

Baby I, I wanna know what you think when you're alone

Is it me yeah? Are you thinking of me yeah? Oh

i tilted my head and looked at Harry. "What?" he asked. "You were singing," i questioned. He nodded. "Well, you said there was no music," he reasoned. "So I decided to sing."

I smiled. "You have an amazing voice," I said. "Was that in your album?" He nodded. "The 2nd one, 'Take Me Home'," he said. I nodded. "Amazing," I whispered. "Let's dance," he said.

We've been friends now for a while

Wanna know that when you smile

Is it me yeah? Are you thinking of me yeah? Oh oh

Girl what would you do?

Would you wanna stay if I were to say

Harry stopped singing, and we stopped dancing. I felt pressure on my forehead, and that's when i realized that he was kissing my forehead. But I'm sure there's no malice in it.

"You are beautiful, Summer Browning," he whispered. "What are you doing to me?" I pulled away and looked him in the eye.

His eyes were the perfect shade of green. "You're beautiful too, Harry," I said. "Amazing, beautiful, yeah."

"You're a good friend," he said. When he said that, something caused some low blow in my heart. I know we agreed on friends, but I don't get why the label seems to make me feel down. "You too," I said.

"We should go back," he said. "Before the lads and others look for us." I nodded and handed him back his jacket.

As we made our way in, he laced his fingers with mine. I didn't get pissed about it, it felt good. His hand. His touch.

When we arrived, he let go. It felt cold. It felt empty. And maybe, just maybe, I didn't want him to let go of my hand at all.

// Ooohh, something's happening. What do you guys think? I like this Chapter. I enjoyed writing it. I hope you guys enjoyed it too!

- Gale :) xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 55 17
Harry is blinded in love. More than he has ever been in his entire life. But what happens when he loses her? Forever? Soon he starts seeing things he...
14.8K 218 41
*COMPLETED*. Louis Tomlinson & Maisie Carter. Cliché story right? Fall in love blah blah blah Well can love have this many ups and downs? He...
417 9 6
Follow Kate on her journey to find her true love. See the ups and downs in the relationship, experience her feelings and lay with her on the deathbed...
84 20 20
This story follows Lillian's journey just as her life is falling into place. Then a boy comes along, turns it upside down- as boys tend to do- and d...