Struggles of a Fangirl

By SincerelyPink

Being a fan girl is hard and Kacey Miller is all types of awkward, naturally and socially. But she's also the... More

Struggles of a Fangirl
The Struggle
Cast Call Closed
Struggle #1
Struggle #2
Struggle #3
Struggle #4
Struggle #5
Struggle #6
Struggle #7
Struggle #8
Struggle #9
Struggle #10
Struggle #11
Struggle #12
Struggle #13
Struggle #14
Struggle #15
Struggle #16
Struggle #17
Struggle #18
Struggle #19
Struggle #20
Struggle #21
Struggle #22
Struggle #23
Struggle #24
Struggle #25
Struggle #26
Struggle #27
Struggle #28
Struggle #29
Struggle #30
Struggle #31
Struggle #32
Struggle #33
Struggle #34
Struggle #35
Struggle #36
Struggle #37
Struggle #38
Struggle #39
Struggle #40
Struggle #41
Struggle #42
Struggle #43
Struggle #44
Struggle #45
Struggle #47
Struggle #48
Struggle #49
Struggle #50
Struggle #51
Struggle #52
Struggle #53
Struggle #54

Struggle #46

8.5K 366 148
By SincerelyPink

On our last day in Florida, Walter let us go to the beach just to chill for a little hile before we have to go back to the hotel to shower and head over tothe venue for tonights show. Then right afterwards we have to hurry to leave and catch our flight to Alabama.

 I sit criss-cross on my towel with my hair pulled up into a high bun. I kept the extensions in from the video shoot because they're easier to handle than my own hair. It feels good to be relaxing for a little while. This week has been crazy busy with the video shoot, concerts, interviews and meet and greets. Plus I've been having to catch up on my summer reading since school starts in no more than three weeks. It doesn't even feel like time has passed that quickly. It's like just yesterday I stepped off the plan in Cali, gearing up to meet MB. Now I'm going home next Saturday. I think about everything that has happened since coming arriving here.

 The drama with London, with amounts of times I've cried. Falling for Prod. Meeting OMG, Lil Twist and more. The food fight at the resturant. Designing clothes for MB's tour and BET awards performance. Being in a music video. Kissing Prodigy. Kissing Princeton.

 I glance over at Prodigy who is doing backflips in the sand with Roc, challenging eachother to see who can do the most flips without getting dizzy first. Prodigy laughs as Roc stumbles backwards, almost stepping on Yannie and Joya's sand castle. I love seeing Prod smile so brightly like that. He looks like a regualr teenage boy just having fun when usually he looks like he's trying to hard to keep his poker face on.

 Prodigy is the most down to earth person I've ever met. I used to think it was Prince but my opinion has changed over the two months of being here, for obvious reasons. Prodigy knows what he wants and stops at nothing to get there. He doesn't play it around when it comes to making the fans happy. He'll go through leaps and bounds to put a smile on someones face. He doesn't care about all the glitz and glamour, he cares more about making people happy. He stays true to his self no matter what. That's why we relate so much. I feel like he'd be the one to be there for me when times get rough. Because I've been through some bumps in the road and so far he's always the first one to lend a helping hand a shoulder to cry on.

 Then there's Princeton. He's playing in the water with Myles, pushing him into the small wave that rolls in. Myles drags him down into the water and they both go under before popping back up. His soggy afro flopping in his face. A small smile creases my face as he uses hand to push back his soggy curls that only flip back into his face.

 Anyone can argue and say that Princeton is superficial and fake but think of it from his point a view. If you saw someone that was cute and was actually "interested" in you too, wouldn't you go after them too? We've all done it. Love someone that isn't good for us. We only look at the positive things about them and ignore the negatives even though both sides should be balanced out. Princeton doesn't mean to be blind, he's as genuine as friends can come. What I like about Princeton is that he's more of a free spirit than Prod. He marches to the beat of his own drum and doesn't let trends pull him in. He's quirky and odd, which is a trait that I've had since birth. He's old romantic and wears his heart on his sleeve, just like me. Prince is searching for the right girl and who knows, that girl could be me.

 Decisions...decisions.

 Three songs go by before I'm joined by Yannie. She spreads out her towel and sits down next to me, her hair dripping wet from the water. "Wassup with you today?" She asks me, I take one of my headphones out and turn to look at her as she dries off. "You've been so quiet, and we all know you can talk."

 I chuckle because it's true. I shrug my shoulders and puase my music. "I've just been thinking about our time here. I'm going to miss it when we leave."

 "Me too," She replies in a soft voice, crossing her legs. "It's been fun. You know I almost didn't come here." I give her a face that reads 'wtf'. Who would pass up on a chance to hang out with MB and get away from home. Yannie laughs at my expression, "I didn't think I was cut out to hang with Mindless Behavior the whole summer. I'm not scared of TM but I didn't want to be the target of all their mean jokes and stuff. I'm surprised no twitter drama has spread about any of us."

 "Just wait until the video gets released." I tell her, already picturing the comments rolling in about the video. "There's gonna be hella rumors and drama swirling about us."

 Joya and Renee walk over to us, going to their towels too. "Drama about what?" Renee asks, laying down on her stomach. Joya leans back on her elbows, the sun shines her eyes making them look like a very light brown.

 "Us when the video comes out. Just like what happened to Justice," Yannie responds, shaking her head like she's ashamed.

 Renee rolls her eyes, "Do they really still do that? If they do that then they're petty as hell because they know damn well if they were in our shoes they would not want any negative controversy around them." We all nod in agreement to her statement. I look over at the boys who are posing with fans near the shore. A little girl is crying hard because Roc just gave her a hug, her mother is taking pictures of the moment, knowing the little girl is going to stare at them for a long time afterwards.

 "So," I move my glance to Joya who's putting on her sunglasses. "Have you and Jacob decided what you're gonna do when the tour is over?"

 "Yeah, we're gonna see how long we can last. We considered breaking up but that option just made both of us kind of depressed. So we're gonna see if we can handle the long distance type of relationship." She tells us, a smile clear on her face. Even though I can't see behind her shades, I know her eyes are twinkling with happiness. It's obvious by the way she's practically glowing right now.

 "Oh I forgot to tell you guys something..." Yannie whipsers in a low voice. Our gazes bore into her and she shifts nervously, a smile playing on her lips. "Ray and I....kind of....kissed."

 "WHAT!?" I screech, she winces and clamps a hand over my mouth. I try to talk but her hold is too strong. She laughs as everyone stares at her, our eyes as big as saucers. Yannie covers her face sheepishly and peeks at us between her fingers, "It happened a couple days ago at the house we filmed at. Ray was showing me how to play some game on the play station. He was beating me and we started play fighting and boom...we kissed."

 Joya slaps her arm playfully, "And you didn't tell us!?" She exclaims. Yannie shakes her head no, laughing as Joya narrows her eyes. She looks around at all of us, "Well what else are yall hiding?"

 A nervous sweat breaks out on my back. I hope I don't look suspicious. A part of me wants to tell the girls who I kissed...but then I'd be labeled as a skank even though it wasn't my fault.

 Renee clears her throat gently, "Well..." We all stare at her intently and she nervously fiddles with the corner of her towel. "Me and Roc kissed last night. We kinda went for a midnight swim in the hotel and he kissed me in the elevator...romantic right?"

 "Oh damn, yall all got hot lips!" Joya says laughing, we join in and then the question that I was hoping to avoid, comes up. Joya's eyes shift to me and she smiles slyly, the others follow her gaze, quirking their eyebrows at me. "Who have you kissed Mrs. Miller? Was it Prodigy."

 My stomach drops to my butt. "What makes you think we kissed?"

 "Cuz yall have gotten mighty close pretty quickly and everyone knows he likes you. The boy practically caters to you when you're at your weakest." Renee points out.

 "Or," Yannie counters. "She could have kissed her "best friend" Princeton since he's not stuck up London's royal ass anymore."

 I look around the beach. Where is London anyway? My eyes scan the sandy area until I find her laying under an umbrella with her chanel sunglasses on and her headphones in as she flips through a magazine. She would make the perfect supermodel, she acts like she's too good to socialize with anyone. I notice her and Prince conversate occasionally but definitely not as much as they used to. She's been pretty reserved since their whole "break" happened. No drama. No harsh remarks. It's almost scary...and suspitious.

 "Don't get distracted now little miss I have two boys vying for my attention. Spill the beans, we're all friends here. What's said at the beach stays at the beach. We promise." Joya says, holding out her pinky. The other girls wrap their pinkies around hers and wait for me to do the same. I stare at the linked pinkies and almost move my hand to add my pinky too, but just then ice cool water splashes over our heads and we scream in surprise. Deep chuckles sound around us and I wipe the water from my eyes to see the boys standing over us with an over turned water cooler in their hands. The big t-shit I have on clings to my body and my hair runs streams of water across my face.

 Renee splutters as she wipes the water from her face, "What was that for?"

 "Just trying to get you wet." Ray responds, laughing at his own joke. He stops once he sees our blank faces and in a flash the boys are zooming across the beach with us hot on their heels. I breath a sigh of relief.

 Saved by the bell.

 Something weird happened when the boys performed today. They were in the middle of performing Used To Be when Prod's voice suddenly cracked and he sounded hoarse. He tried to hit a note but ended up screeching, his hand flew to his throat and he winced in pain. The other three glanced at eachother confused as Prod rubbed his throat and tried to play it off. Walter made the sound guy change the song to the voice over and turn off Prods mic, forcing him to lip sync until the song was over. During the costume change, Walter pulls Prod to the side and makes him sit down. He hands him a bottle of water. Prod takes quick gulps and clears his throat before trying to sing again. His voice sounds like its fading and he cant hit any good notes.

 "Do you feel anything wrong?" Walter asks him.

 Prodigy nods his head, "Yeah, it feels like my throat is swollen. It hurts just to talk right now." He grabs at his throat again, pain crossing his face.

 "Alright, you can't go back on." Walter says.

 "No! What about the fans!?" Prodigy exclaims, shooting up from the couch.

 Walter shakes his head no, "I'm not gonna risk you straining your voice. Do you wanna lose it?" He asks. Prodigy frowns, his eyes growing dark. "That's what I thought. Sit dow and keep drinking water, they're gonna have to finish the show without you."

 "Finish the show without the lead singer? How's that gonna work?" London asks from where she's sitting on a stool with her legs crossed.

 Walter shoots her a dirty look, "No need for the negativity London." He snaps before rushing away some where. She rolls her eyes and looks back down at her phone. Prodigy sucks his teeth and plops down on the couch, pouting and resting his chin in on his hands. He looks tense and I don't want to annoy him any more by saying something. The boys come back out in my designs and crowd around Prod.

 "You're gonna be alright Prod. You'll be fine by the next show, the fans will understand." Roc tells him.

 "I know," Prodigy grumbles before dapping his boys. "Kill em out there."

 "Will do," Ray salutes him before walking towards the stairs to the stage. Prince squeezes Prods shoulder reassuringly before brushing past me, being sure to gently tug on my hair as he passes. I give him a small smile, feeling awkward about him flirting with me right in front of Prodigy. Prince walks away and I glance at Prod to see if he caught our little interaction. He quickly look away from me and leans back on the couch, sighing heavily and slinging an arm over his eyes. It must be killing him to be missing out on tonights performance. When Prod's sad, the whole room feels it.

 The next day when we land in Alabama, we head straight to a hotel and Walter orders in a doctor. I swear we've had more doctors visit us in just two months than a whole year. My nose, Ray's foot, my allergic reaction and now Prods throat. What else could go wrong?

 The doctor tells us that Prodigy has vocule modules and that he has to be on strict vocal rest for a while until the swelling on his vocal cords go down or he may damage his vocal cords for ever. He prescribed him some medicine to help the pain and ordered him to drink alot of fluids and avoid talking as much as he can. He won't be able to perform until his throat is better. He's not to happy about it and expressed his anger by posting a sad picture of him laying in bed on instagram. Immdeitaly tons of "get well soons" started pouring into his comments and filling up my time line on twitter. Soon "Pray4Prodigy" started trending. I love how all the fans and fan bases come together when an artist is in need.

 I decided to stay with Prod in the hotel while everyone else left for a interview. Walter left tons of ice cream in the fridge for him so I got him a bowl before putting on Step up 3 for us to watch. He watches me with a confused look on his face, as I climb onto the bed next to him, almost like he's asking me why I'm doing this.

 I smile and scoop some ice cream onto the spoon, pushing it towards his mouth. He raises his eyebrows and I sigh, "I know you'd do the same thing for me." I tell him.

 He nods his head yes and opens his mouth, happily accepting the cool ice cream. Satisfaction covers his face and I smile before feeding him more as the movie starts. It's about time I look out for Prod for a change. He's done so much for me, it's time I return the favor.

**

i dont even know who I'm shipping anymore man

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 1.4K 25
Thanks for showing so much love my dear readers! To both Beyond the boundaries and its sequel The Summer We Changed! If you have not read it out chec...
226 61 28
Kacey is a quiet, hurt girl, who is also gay. Students at school are cruel and they don't spare her the ugly names and mental as well as physical abu...
61.6K 1.7K 19
Dear Diary, I saw her tweets today, of her fangirling over me. She doesnt even know that I in fact do notice. She makes me smile. Aʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴡᴏʀᴋs ᴀʀᴇ ᴄ...
1.8K 54 38
Hallie was what you would call the non-normal teenager. Her parents were always mean and her childhood was monsterous. Harry had just had a break up...