Struggle #27

"Ahaha we love our fans, they're the glue that holds us together. If it wasn't for them then we'd never be where we are today." Princeton says, leaning forward to speak into the microphone. It's another radio interview in Atlanta Georgia and honestly I'm pretty bored. After you've been to plenty of radio interviews and listened to the same questions over and over again the excitement slowly fades and things become a boring pattern. The only time I'm actually interested is when they play a song that I like and the whole booth starts jamming.

 Today, Princeton has decided to dress in red plaid pants, an oversized yellow shirt with some crazy design on it and a ripped up jean vest. Complete with a pair of all white Doc Martens and his nose ring. His white guages contrast against his dark hair that's glossy and thick, framing his oval shaped face. London is sitting on the stool behind him with her legs crossed tightly over one another, sporting a white ruffled dress and a pair of brown ankle boots. Her long hair spilling over her shoulders as she reaches out and twirls a tendril of Prince's hair around her finger. A brief tinge of jealoudy runs through me and I glance around the room.

 Prodigy is leaning on the table with his elbows propped up. We haven't really talked since that day in the Dance studio and everytime I'm around him I get this nervous fluttery feeling in my stomach. Sometimes its so bad that I feel like I might fart again so I usually end moving away from him or looking for something to distract me. I still havent told Prince about London because I don't want him to be mad. It's one thing for a person to find out on their own that someone is using them, but it also hurts even more when you have to hear it from someone else. Prod's eyes flick up towards me and I quickly look away at one of the posters on the wall, pretending to be really studying it.

 "Alright, lets take some fan calls." One of the interviewers says. He clicks a flashing red button on the phone, "Wassup youre talking live with Mindless Behavior, whats your name and your question?"

 An ear splitting scream comes from the room and everyone flinches from the sudden sounds, staring at the phone like it's about to turn into a transformer. "Omigosh omigosh I'm Rachel and I'm callin cuz i love yall so much, I have both your CDs and your movie and I watched yall grow up!" She screams into the phone, I wince from her screetching voice along with everyone else and she continues. "Oh and my question is um....Shaquan stop touchin that!....Sorry yall. Um, my question is if yall where stranded on a island, what would you want to have with you?"

 "Easy!" Ray pipes up, "I would definitely want my phone with me and a floaty device so I can float home." The girls laugh and Prod speaks next. "I'd probably get hungry eventually so I would want a big box of food and a radio so I can dance until I'm rescused." He beams happily at his answer and I smile to myself, looking down at my lap so he doesnt see.

 "Well..." Roc says, "I would need to have my phone with me and a hamock to sleep in so no crabs climb into my pants while I'm knocked out." Renee laughs as he nods his head like he just have the smartest answer in the world.

 We glance over at Prince who hasnt answered yet, "I think I would want a notebook to write and draw in.....and a friend to keep me company and to talk to when I get lonely." He looks over his shoulder at London, she smiles and hides her face in his shoulder. I stop myself from making a gagging noise like I want to but I see other eyes in the room, roll out of annyoance. I swear if Prince isnt oggling London then he's babbling about her or discreetly mentioning her. It drives me crazy.

 Ray gives Prince the side eye, "You want a notebook? How you gonna draw fool? You can only bring two things."

 We laugh as Prince thinks this threw, "Oh yeah. Alright scratch that, I want a friend and some paint so I can finger paint on the trees or make an S.O.S sign." He says. We all stare at him with a blank expression before the Interveiwer speaks again. "Iight, thanks for callin in Rachel." He cuts off her call before she squeal again and takes the next call. "Youre on air with Mindless Behavior. What's your name and question?"