The Wolves ***Book One in Riv...

By LizzieWildblood

***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants... More

Death and new life
First day
Logan
Alexia
The Game
Joe's pizza
Analysing
My Wolf
Her Wolf
Mis - understood
Honesty
Jealous
Just Driving
Tarzan
Out To Buy!!!
Coming Very Soon....
****Out To Buy****

Back off

26.7K 712 130
By LizzieWildblood

"Thanks for today Logan. I had a really great time." I turn to face him in the truck as we are almost back to my house. My house. It still feels slightly strange calling it my house, but it also feels right. We spent the rest of the day after our gentle hike, just talking about everything and anything and driving whichever direction we wanted. There were a few questions I wanted to ask him but I didn't really have the courage to ask.

Like Tara.

Like how he heard me.

Like the electricity thing.

My phone tings with a message, I look at it and see it's from Amber.

Amber: did you forget to tell me something?? Wink wink!! I want the details..... All of them! I'll come get you for school in the morning.

Me :huh????

I quickly type back my reply.

"Something wrong? You look confused?" Logan asks. I shake my head and shrug.

"Just Amber. She just sent a strange text. No need to worry." I'm feeling a little disappointed. I don't want the day to end. I really have had a nice day. And driving with Logan today has actually made me realise how much I miss driving. I think I will take Chris up on his offer tomorrow.

"If your sure. Want me to give you a lift to school in the morning? I don't mind." He asks as we pull up in front of my porch. And both get out the car. We meet by the front of the truck. It's a little dirty now from our days driving. I hear my phone go off again but decide to ignore it for now.

"No it's fine. Thanks though. Amber is going to come and get me. Your cars all dirty now. I think your going to have a job cleaning it." I say, pointing to the car. He just looks at me with a huge cheeky grin on his face.

"Well technically we both made it dirty so I think it's only fair that you help me clean it." He has a smile on his face like he has just had the best idea in the world.

"Oh really? Well technically you asked me to spend the day with you. And driving was your idea, so I don't really see why I should have to clean it." I reply with a grin of my own.

"I'll make you a deal. You go on a real date with me. And I'll clean it ready for the date." Date?? An actual date?

"Um Logan , I'm not sure that's a good idea. I mean I know we just spent the day together and it was great, really it was. But there's that ..... Um..... Thingy..... With your family arrangements, and to be honest I'm not really in a place where I'm ready to be on dates yet. I still have some things in my head to concentrate on. Does that make sense?" 

Great I pretty much just told him I'm mental. He just stays stood in front of me but moves a little closer and puts his hands on my waist. I can feel ten bolts of lightening coursing through my body at the connection. Yeah I need do figure that out too.

"I get it, really I do. But I already told you not to worry about my family stuff. I've got it under control. And your stuff in your head, I want to help you through it. But it's fine. I'll bring the car round in the week and you can just help me wash it."

He smiles and tugs me closer to him. I think I'm starting to lose the feelings in my legs. It's a good job he's holding onto me. I felt so confident talking to him two minutes ago, now just because he's holding my waist and staring at me I can't seem to think straight.

"Oh" is all I manage to get out. It's like he knows he is having an effect on me, and he gets a mischievous glint in his eyes. He bends down to my ear and grips my waist a little tighter.

"A date with me, or wash my car with me." He whispers in my ear. He stays there though. His lips just a millimetre away from my skin. I feel his breath on my neck and it's sending pleasure all through my body. All I manage to do is nod my head. He chuckles.

"Yes to a date?" He whispers again. I shake my head side to side I hear him sigh and he moves one of his hands to the back of my neck and pulls me closer to him. His one finger moves slowly on my neck. Tracing an invisible line from my ear to my collar bone.

"You sure?" He says even softer than before. Over the erratic beating of my heart, I'm surprised I hear him. I nod my head and he inhales deeply. Did he just smell me?

"Ok, I'll see you at school tomorrow."  He places a kiss on the top of my head and I have to stop my self from gripping his shirt and pulling him in for a proper kiss. But right now, somehow my head is still over ruling my heart. And I have to listen to it while I still can.

"Bye Logan." I take a few steps away and start walking up my porch steps.

"I'll bring the buckets you can bring the sponges." He calls back to me with a smile. But I can see in his eyes he is disappointed. I hate that I have given him that look. That I'm the reason he's disappointed. But it's just better this way.

I have to save myself somehow.

"Ok" I say and nod back at him as he moves to get in his truck. I stand and watch him drive away and give a little wave.

I feel disappointed with my self. It really had been a perfect day and I think I just spoiled it. But in the end I know what's going of happen. He's already told me what his future holds and it's not me. It's some other girl. I'm going to be the one who's left crying and heartbroken. And I don't think my heart can take much more.

I just can't take that risk. 

~~

A horn honks out side and I say bye to aunt Sara. I walk to the truck and I'm greeted by a wide eyed Amber with a huge grin on her face.

"Well, well, well, I have to say I'm a little hurt you didn't tell me. But, tell me the details and I'll forgive you. I mean it is Logan we're talking about after all!"

She claps her hands together excitedly and starts to make her way towards school.

"What are you on about?" I say, I have a clue now that she has said Logan's name, but I don't know how she knows.

Do I even want her to know and make it into something it's not. She passes me her phone and shows me a photo on there. It's of me. Me and Logan to be exact. It's taken from Saturday night. When we were sat in the coffee shop. He's holding my chin gently and looking into my eyes. It looks as if we are about to kiss or just finished kissing. It's gives my stomach butterflies just thinking back to that moment.

"Oh. It's really not what it looks like" she gives me a look and raises her eyebrows.

"Uh huh, honestly I don't mind you didn't want to come to the party because you had plans with Logan. But you could have told me. So is he good? Tell me?" she asks jokingly. Only I don't think she actually is joking. I think she really does want the details. But the truth is there isn't any to give.

"How did you even get this?" Amber goes on to tell me that the slutty waitress is one of Tara's best friends and must have taken a picture of us. Then Tara sent it to Amber with a message. Do I even want to know what it is?

"She said to tell you to Back off. I mean what are we? In kindergarten??" She laughs. I'm not really finding it funny.

"What did you say back?" Ambers not one to mince her words. I've only known her a few short weeks and I know that she openly speaks what she thinks. She laughs again.

"I told her to get a life. Your a better match for Logan, as he would never get with a bitch like her anyway. And that I will help you in anyway possible to snag him." She looks very pleased with herself.

"I don't want to snag him! I bumped into him at the mall on Saturday morning and he didn't really give me a chance to say no." I try to explain what happened.

"Uh huh" she says again.

"You do realise he is the hottest guy in school? No scrap that, the hottest guy in this state. And he hasn't asked anyone out for a date ever. Don't get me wrong. He's not a monk, he's gone on dates but he doesn't do the asking. The girlies all flock to him."

"Well they can keep on flocking then because I'm not interested." Yeah right. I don't even believe myself. And the look Amber gives me, I know she doesn't believe me either.

Walking up the school steps I spot Logan straight away. He's leaning against the railing, arms folded over his chest, which shows off his arm muscles perfectly. His white t shirt isn't too tight, but I can tell there's a wall of pure muscle underneath. I know from standing so close to him yesterday. He looks up at me and smiles. I can't help but smile in return. I think today is going to be a good day.

"Uh huh....you just keep on lying to yourself." Amber says with a smug grin.

"Lying about what?" Chris says as walks up behind up and drops his arms over our shoulders like he did the first day we met. I start to hear a low grumbling growling sound again that I was hearing last week but when I look around to see where it's coming from it seems to be from where Logan is. No one else ever seems to hear it. He looks absolutely furious and starts to make his way over to us.

I try to shrug out from under Chris's arm but he just holds it around me even tighter.

"Ummm lying about which celeb we think is hotter. That's......"I never get chance to finish my sentence.

Logan walks right up to us and shoves Chris hard in the chest so he steps back a few paces. After a couple of seconds of realising what just happens he steps right up to Logan and shoves him back.

"Dude, what the hell is wrong with you?" Chris shouts, but Logan doesn't reply he just punches him in the face and knocks him to the floor. Chris quickly gets up to fight back. People are starting to gather around us, noticing some excitement in their boring Monday morning.

"Logan stop, just stop" but he can't hear me. He's not listening. Chris manages to get a quick jab to logans jaw but then he gets hit and again is knocked down to the floor. I've never actually been his close to a fight before. I'm just stood there watching in shock, not believing that this is the same guy who was so gentle with me the day before. His eyes even look a completely different colour. So much darker than usual.

Logan grabs a fist full of Chris's shirt and pulls him up so the top half of his body is off the floor.

"Stop touching her, just stay away from her." Logan grits out through a clenched jaw.

"Logan stop!" I shout louder and crouch down to try pulling at his tensed shoulder. That gets his attention and he turns around and looks at me. He stares at me for a few seconds, looks to Chris then back at me. It's like he's just realised what he's actually done. I can literally see his eyes start to change back to their normal colour.

"Alexia, I'm sorry, I ...." He says quietly. Chris shoves Logan's hand off his shirt and starts to rub his cheek.

"Just go Logan." I say shaking my head. I knew he had a temper and that he didn't like Chris. But it's not like Chris did anything wrong. He didn't provoke him or anything. Logan takes my hand.

"I'm sorry, let's just go and talk. I can explain" He says. I take my hand back and move so that I'm knelt beside Chris.

"No, I think you just need to go Logan. I'm staying with Chris." He looks hurt by what I've said, but I don't think I should go with him. What if he gets mad at me. I'm pretty certain he would never hurt me. I've never felt as safe as l had the past two days with him. But I can't understand this shift in him today.

"Alexia...."

"She said go. You should listen to her before I change my mind on beating your ass." Chris says and stands up pulling me up with him.

"You could try" Logan says squaring up to Chris. I can see his fists clenching again, and I think he's gearing up for round two.

"Logan" I say standing in front of him so I'm in between the two, I place my hands on his chest, gently pushing him and he takes a couple steps back, I walk with him and look up to him.

"Go calm down before something happens you're really going to regret. There's going to be teachers here soon." I take a few steps back until I'm stopped by Chris's body and he puts his hands on my hips holding me closer to him.

I can't understand the look in Logan's eyes. It's total devastation, but doesn't he realise he caused this. I can't look at him anymore. It's making me hurt inside to see that look on his face. He is the total opposite to what he's been like with me all weekend. So I turn around and find myself looking at Chris's chest instead.

I hear his footsteps as he walks away, once I know he's not there anymore I turn around and watch him get in his truck and swiftly pull out of the car park. Maybe my day isn't going to be so great after all.

----------
-----------

Hey guys don't forget if you liked what you've read to vote, comment and share.

Many thanks
Lizzie.
Xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

J + J By Miss_Durst

Teen Fiction

786 56 47
COMPLETE Two lovers. Deeply in love with each other. Will they confess their undieing love for each other or not? Jose, Jesse's older brother, soon...
2.7M 73.1K 49
Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa and Amy have been friends all their life...
222K 8.6K 32
You may have read stories with the same kind of plot but I have some plot twists here and there in mind, so read on to see what is in store. Rose Ki...
14K 581 26
-- COMPLETED -- *** "You're the first ever future human Luna, love. I don't know whether my pack will accept you." *** Radiance Collins was not a...