๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ | c. xavier

Par azureparis

Eleanor had always been surrounded by weird things. Her friends were like her, her parents were like her; she... Plus

๏ผฃ๏ผฏ๏ผฎ๏ผด๏ผฒ๏ผฏ๏ผฌ
๏ฝƒ๏ฝ๏ฝ“๏ฝ”
๏ฝ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ๏ฝ™๏ฝŒ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ“๏ฝ”
โ…ฐ
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
๏ผจ๏ผต๏ผฒ๏ผฒ๏ผฉ๏ผฃ๏ผก๏ผฎ๏ผฅ
sequel

vii

5K 116 13
Par azureparis

Los Angeles

1958.
Los Angeles,
California.

Eleanor opens her eyes as the morning light enters through the window, bothering her. She groans and covers her face with her pillow. A hand carefully pulls her closer by placing it on her waist. She looks at his face with a glare.

"Good morning" He greets her carefully moving her hair and placing it behind her ear.

"Go to hell" She whispers "I slept like four hours, thanks to you"

"Hey! It's not my fault we were drunk and wanted to have fun" He says with a smile. She contains her laugh but ends up laughing. She looks at the clock.

"Shit!" She exclaims getting up. She takes her underwear from the floor and rushes to the bathroom as she puts them on. Haydn stares at her amused "Babe, could you pass me my red shirt and my light jeans?"

"Sure" Haydn says leaving the bed too "Wait, didn't you have an audition?"

"That's exactly why I am rushing!" She says as she combs her hair. She takes her makeup kit and decides to take it with her.

"I'll just take the red dress" He says going to the closet. He takes a red tight dress with white dots. He throws her the dress and decides to get dressed too.

"It's just an audition!"

"The first impression is important" She puts the dress on rolling her eyes and gets out of the bathroom.

"Please, zip it up" She says moving her hair. He zips the dress and rushes to the small kitchen to make breakfast. Eleanor takes Haydn's leather jacket along with her red heels and places a kiss on his lips "Okay, I see you later in rehearsal"

As she closes the door, she hears Iris playing the guitar on the apartment next door. She can't stay to say hello, though. She quickly walks downstairs to get to the bus stop. She runs as quickly as possible with her heels on her hand as well as her makeup kit. She sighs as she watches how the bus starts leaving.

"Shit" She murmurs staring at the bus. She realizes that now she has to make an effort in not hearing everyone's thoughts. Feelings are different. She can't shut down everyone's feelings. She just feels them. But she has gain a lot of control over her powers. As well as Iris and Haydn. Iris is able to control every living being now, including humans, plants and even cells. Haydn only uses his power to shut down Eleanor's. At first, when he blocked her powers, he, by instinct copied them; but with practice now he is able to block hers and also Iris if she loses control, but she never does. She feels a strange presence. She feels someone like her. It is a young female, and she seems to be reading her too. Somehow, the feeling of the woman stops. Eleanor blocked her. She senses someone tapping her back. She turns around to find a blond woman with a smile. She's wearing a white outfit which consists on a crop top with some high-waisted Capri pants. Eleanor looks at the woman confused.

"Hello" The woman says. Eleanor doesn't want to read her mind. She doesn't like invading others people privacy, their thoughts should be respected. Even if they have the grossest and stupidest thoughts, they should be "I felt you, Eleanor"

"Oh" It's all she is able to say "I'm afraid I didn't get your name"

"Emma Frost" She introduces herself with a wide smile "Wow, it is amazing" Eleanor hums not getting what she means "You don't like using your gift, do you?" Emma asks laughing. Eleanor nods with a smile.

"I hate it, to be honest"

"I won't read your mind then. Mutual respect" She says with her American accent offering her hand. Eleanor takes the hand and shakes it "I meant that it is amazing, to find someone like yourself. I just can't believe it"

"What amazes me the most is the fact that two people with similar gifts happen to be at the same place in the same time"

"What can I say? Destiny works like that" She replies happily "I've just arrived here from the airport, I actually have the car stopped right there" She informs pointing to a park's entrance.

"Oh..." She says while staring at the car "You wouldn't be heading, by chance, to the center"

"Not really, but I can take you wherever you want. You won't be late"

"I think we said we wouldn't read each other's minds" Eleanor says narrowing her eyes with a small smile.

"Oh, I don't need to read your mind to now you're late" Emma says pointing at the heels and the makeup kit. Eleanor nods laughing.

"That's fair" She murmurs smiling. She walks with Emma to the black car. The chauffeur opens the door and both women get into the car. Eleanor looks at the comfortable car "You've got some money, as I can see" Emma turns to look at her and shakes her head laughing.

"Oh, this is not mine... I wish..." She murmurs "It's my boss'. He's a very important business man in Las Vegas"

"Wow, well, you're really far from the job" Eleanor comments.

"Yeah, he sent me for a while here. He wants me to do some business in his name" She informs "There are some things men can't do" Emma says giving Eleanor a look. Eleanor frowns disgusted.

"You are okay with that? I mean, using the fact that you're a beautiful woman to get what you want by becoming sexualized?" Eleanor asks narrowing her eyes.

"Sweetie, we live in a men's world, so we can either wait for them to do something and end up not obtaining anything or do something by our own methods and being strong to get things ourselves, even if that means using your body to trick them" She explains with the smallest smile. Eleanor analyzes her words and looks at her shoes. She puts them on and opens the makeup kit. She starts putting the makeup on, Emma eventually helping her "Where are you actually going?"

"To an audition. I'm auditioning for a movie, you know. I've done many but I never seem to get any. I don't need it anyway, I am in a theatre company and I have a job in a hospital" She says with a smile. Emma smiles too.

"How old are you?" She asks.

"I'm 21" She replies with a smile. Emma raises her eyebrows.

"Wow..." She murmurs "Already got studies? You are hardly legal"

"Yes, I finished university when I was 18 and now I am a nurse. What about you?"

"Is it important?" She asks grimacing. Eleanor laughs at the face expression and Emma smiles "You see, this is like the first and only friendly conversation I ever had. I never had a friend, to be honest" Emma admits looking out the window. Eleanor stares at her sadly.

"Well, you could enjoy the time you spend here. Tonight we're putting a show, in this club in Hollywood. We are doing little scenes. Maybe we can meet and go together, you can watch us and stuff" She explains with smile. Emma nods happily.

"I'd love to" Emma replies. They continue talking during the ride and they drop Eleanor at the office building. She thanks Emma and rushes inside. She is called immediately. She enters a white room and she starts to act a scene from the part of the script she received. She reads the minds of the casting director, director, producer and the rest of the crew, getting really good feelings. When she finishes, she leaves the building quickly. She searches for a phone box and calls home.

"Hello?"

"Haydn! I think I'm actually getting this part, I did a good job and they seemed to like it" She explains excited.

"That's great, I'm happy for you!" Haydn exclaims. He was probably writing something, so she decides to let him write. The last time she interrupted him while he was writing, he got really mad at her, and she doesn't want that to happen again.

"So... That was all. I see you later in the show, okay?" She says looking at the ground. He leaves quickly the phone and so does she. She sighs and starts to walk with no particular direction. She enters a bar and orders some alcoholic drink. She feels a group of men staring at her, and probably their thoughts are disgusting, she doesn't need to read their mind to know that. She drinks from her glass and takes out a small notebook. She decides to start making a list of her abilities and trying to describe them. She writes about her ability to read minds, about her way of feeling everything, about her superhuman intelligence and about her way of knowing the past of an object by touching it. But she feels there's much more inside her. She looks at the drink thinking if it is possible to do more. She wants to control more things, be able to do more things. Not that she will use them, but she just wants to be able.

A/N
I hope you are enjoying the story so far. I want to tell you, the person who is reading this story, thank you for reading this. I write so people can have a different side, a different version of the story and if they enjoy it then it is the best thing ever.
I'd love to hear your opinions, suggestions, whatever you'd like to say, say it!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

7.4K 169 14
Monique Wilson was a mutant. However, she resented her powers, they only seemed to bring death to anyone close to her. That was until two men broke i...
122K 3.8K 27
"๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š—๐š” ๐šข๐š˜๐šž, ๐™น๐š˜๐š‘๐šŠ๐š—๐š— ๐š‚๐šŽ๐š‹๐šŠ๐šœ๐š๐š’๐šŠ๐š— ๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š‘!" -Jim Moriarty. (Book One) In which, a Russian immigrant joins the CIA's new mutant div...
1.5K 48 8
Fallon thought she was the only one out there, so in order to protect herself, she isolated from the rest of the world. She never let anyone close en...
36.7K 605 31
All my life I've been hiding, hiding who I am from everyone, afraid of myself. I didn't get attached to anyone because I was afraid of hurting them. ...