vii

Los Angeles

1958.
Los Angeles,
California.

Eleanor opens her eyes as the morning light enters through the window, bothering her. She groans and covers her face with her pillow. A hand carefully pulls her closer by placing it on her waist. She looks at his face with a glare.

"Good morning" He greets her carefully moving her hair and placing it behind her ear.

"Go to hell" She whispers "I slept like four hours, thanks to you"

"Hey! It's not my fault we were drunk and wanted to have fun" He says with a smile. She contains her laugh but ends up laughing. She looks at the clock.

"Shit!" She exclaims getting up. She takes her underwear from the floor and rushes to the bathroom as she puts them on. Haydn stares at her amused "Babe, could you pass me my red shirt and my light jeans?"

"Sure" Haydn says leaving the bed too "Wait, didn't you have an audition?"

"That's exactly why I am rushing!" She says as she combs her hair. She takes her makeup kit and decides to take it with her.

"I'll just take the red dress" He says going to the closet. He takes a red tight dress with white dots. He throws her the dress and decides to get dressed too.

"It's just an audition!"

"The first impression is important" She puts the dress on rolling her eyes and gets out of the bathroom.

"Please, zip it up" She says moving her hair. He zips the dress and rushes to the small kitchen to make breakfast. Eleanor takes Haydn's leather jacket along with her red heels and places a kiss on his lips "Okay, I see you later in rehearsal"

As she closes the door, she hears Iris playing the guitar on the apartment next door. She can't stay to say hello, though. She quickly walks downstairs to get to the bus stop. She runs as quickly as possible with her heels on her hand as well as her makeup kit. She sighs as she watches how the bus starts leaving.

"Shit" She murmurs staring at the bus. She realizes that now she has to make an effort in not hearing everyone's thoughts. Feelings are different. She can't shut down everyone's feelings. She just feels them. But she has gain a lot of control over her powers. As well as Iris and Haydn. Iris is able to control every living being now, including humans, plants and even cells. Haydn only uses his power to shut down Eleanor's. At first, when he blocked her powers, he, by instinct copied them; but with practice now he is able to block hers and also Iris if she loses control, but she never does. She feels a strange presence. She feels someone like her. It is a young female, and she seems to be reading her too. Somehow, the feeling of the woman stops. Eleanor blocked her. She senses someone tapping her back. She turns around to find a blond woman with a smile. She's wearing a white outfit which consists on a crop top with some high-waisted Capri pants. Eleanor looks at the woman confused.