xxvi

Training .

The next day, Eleanor decides to do the same she did the day before

The next day, Eleanor decides to do the same she did the day before. Although this time she mixes her telekinetic powers and agility to obtain a better result. She has many things she wants to do in her mind, but she doesn't know how to do it.

She goes back inside the house, looking for something that plays music and she finds a normal record player. She takes it to the field and goes back inside again, taking everything she can use to train, like a watermelon and a burnt mannequin that somehow was in the house. She also goes to her room and opens her suitcase. Under all the clothes she finds one of her father's belongings. He used to have a collection of all types of swords in the world, but her favorite was the katana. She looks at it with a smile. She takes it with her outside. She plays a record and Calendar Girl starts playing. She smirks and takes her katana. By doing a cartwheel she gets to the mannequin and surrounds its neck with one of her arms while she inserts the katana through it. Then she takes it out and making the watermelon levitate and throwing the katana at it. She extends her hand and holds the katana again.

She didn't notice, but Charles was racing Hank in the upper part. Charles slowed down when she saw the girl training. Then, Hank appears again and Charles has to look at him again.

"Congratulations, my friend" Charles tells the fast mutant smiling widely "Robert Louis Stevenson would have been proud"

"Impressive, Hank" Alex says looking at his feet "With feet like those, all you need is a red nose. Right, Bozo?" Hank's smile fades and he starts to leave.

"I'm done here" He claims.

"Thank you, Alex" He murmurs looking at him with his eyebrows raised. Alex's smile fades "Come on, Hank" Charles tells him "I'll be with you in a while, but I have to do something first, would you mind?"

"No, it's okay. I'll go get things ready" Alex tells Charles as he walks into the house. Charles looks at Eleanor's practice.

"What did that watermelon did to you?" He asks frowning amused "Because it must have been really bad" Eleanor looks up and lets out some air. He walks down the stairs.

"I don't like them" She replies "Green outside and red inside? Disgusting" She jokes grimacing. Charles laughs as he walks in direction to her and notices the katana.

"A katana?" He asks curiously.

"It was my father's katana" She says looking at it "It is my favorite weapon. I feel it's more personal to stab someone rather than shooting at them"

"You don't have to chose between two options of killing. You could just not kill" He tells her.

"Just in case, I have to be ready" She tells him. He walks closer to her as she sticks the katana to the ground.