xxix

Suit Up

The day starts with a bright sun that illuminates the rooms of the Xavier Mansion, waking up a group of mutants who are facing one of the most important moments in the history of mutants

The day starts with a bright sun that illuminates the rooms of the Xavier Mansion, waking up a group of mutants who are facing one of the most important moments in the history of mutants. Raven looks at her reflection in the mirror, mentally preparing herself for the fight. Erik sits in the edge of his bed, with his eyes closed with the thought of finally taking Shaw down and making him pay for his mother's death. Eleanor walks over to the window as Charles gets dressed. He looks at how Eleanor is staring that the burning sun of the morning, overthinking. He walks over to her and stands next to her, surrounding her waist with his left arm.

"Everything will be alright, love" He assures her with a smile. She turns to look at him and gives him a small smile.

"I hope you're right" She murmurs softly. Charles pulls her closer to him and places a kiss in her forehead before surrounding her with his arms. She enjoys their physical contact, it helps her realize it is real. It feels close, it feels like they are united. She sighs in his arms and Charles pulls away holding her hand.

"Come on, dear, we have a long day in front of us" He says starting to walk out of the room.

They meet in the main hall of the mansion. Since Hank doesn't appear they decide to go to his lab and look for him.

"Look, there's a note" Eleanor points out walking fast. They read the note and Charles opens the door as he takes the note. The room is a disaster, everything is on the ground. Eleanor looks around as well as Charles.

"What the hell happened here?" Erik asks confused. Eleanor looks around as Charles goes to see the crate Hank talked about. Eleanor sees a neddle on the floor and kneels down to touch it. She sees blurred images of a blue silhouette suffering. She drops the neddle and it breaks. She stands up. Erik looks at her worried and frowns confused.

"I'm not sure, but it wasn't good" Eleanor says shaking her head at the feeling she received from touching the needle. Charles opens the crate to look what's inside.

"Hank has been busy" Erik comments looking at the group. Eleanor smiles at the suits inside the crate.

"Do we really have to wear these?" Alex asks looking at the inside blankly.

"As none of us mutated to endure extreme g-force or being riddled by bullets, I suggest we suit up" Charles says looking at the suits.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★