The Boy at School (A Papyton...

By Hayleyotp

Mettaton is the most popular boy at his Highschool. Almost any girl would dream of going out with him, but Me... More

Quick note
A crush
The Note
A Date?!?!
Awkward Encounter
For Real This Time
The carnival
Monday
Asgore and Spaghetti
Are We A Thing?
600+ Reads?!
Megalovania
1K reads?!?!
Juicy Gossip
1,000 Read Special
The Phone Call
Oh...My...Goodness...
Cries and Kisses
It's All For Blooky
Shall we?
We Shall
A/N
The L Word
Home
A/N
Shy Encounters
Now Boarding
Something In The Air
A/N
Pancakes
Woods & Chill
Napstablook...!
Morning After
Kids!
Good Morning
The Breakfast Club
New Friends
Old Friends
Date Night
Christmas Eve
A/N
10K Reads?!?!
Christmas Morning
Apologies
Now Arriving
10K reads special preview
Back to School
Back to Revenge
{12K Read Special}Itsy Bitsy Muffet
Nightmare
I'm Sorry
Locked Out of School
The Graduation
One Final A/N
The Boy At School 2

New Year. New Surprises.

1.1K 54 229
By Hayleyotp

"Metta, there is no way this will work." Undyne stated.

"I know." I sighed.

"We c-can just m-make a new plan!" Alphys said. "With less ch-cheerleaders."

"But, Alphys, the cheerleaders are what made it work!" I complained as I fell back onto my bed. I looked at the ceiling and sighed.

"Just confront her 'bout it! If that doesn't work," Undyne cracked her knuckles, "that's what I'm here for."

I rolled my eyes as my phone started ringing. It was Papyrus calling. "Hello?"

"Uh, hey, Mettaton. Are Undyne and Alphys with you?" He asked. I furrowed my brow and sat up and the bed.

"Yeah, we're all at my house." The two lovers exchanged confused glances. "Why are you asking?"

"W-Well I'd like to invite you all to my house later. Sans and I are having a small New Years Eve party."

"Darling, I'd love to! We'll all be there!"

"Great!"

"What time should we arrive? Should we bring anything?"

"We're starting at around 9 O'clock and you don't need to bring anything. Toriel and I have everything under control."

"I'll see you then, handsome." I flirted into the phone.

"Nyeh! I'll s-see you th-there." I giggled as he hung up.

"What was that all about?" Undyne asked me.

"Ladies, we're going to a party later." I dialed the phone once more.

"Who you callin' now, Mr. Socialite?" I rolled my eyes and ignored her.

"Oh, hey...It's Shyen...leave a message." Ugh voicemail.

"Shyren, dear, It's Mettaton! My cousin was wondering if you'd like to accompany him to a New Years party over at the Gaster residence. Call me back, darling!" I ended the message and stuffed my phone back in my pocket. 

"M-Meddling in your cousin's love life n-now are we?" Alphys raised an eyebrow at me.

"You made bets about mine." I fired back.

"Hey! You got your prince-" Undyne started.

"I got my five bucks." Alphys boasted. I rolled my eyes at the memory.

"Well, darlings, we mustn't dilly dally." I swung open my closet doors.

"What are you doing?" Undyne raised on eyebrow.

"Makeovers."

"Metta, we don't have clothes here." I looked back at her, and opened a secret compartment to my wardrobe. It had a black dress with white polkadots for Alphys, and a red, one sleeved dress for Undyne. I pulled out the dresses and dangled them from my finger tips. Alphys awed at the dresses. Undyne grabbed the red one and started walking to the bathroom.

"I hope you realize that this is kinda creepy!" She yelled, walking away. I chuckled and handed Alphys her's. She ran to go change in one of the other bathrooms. I got undressed from my usual wear, and decided if I should go with a suit or a dress.

I picked out a charcoal black blazer, and an ivory dress, with my signature knee high pink boots.

"How do I look?" I heard a slightly femme voice ask. I turned around and saw Undyne. She looked radiant. Her long hair flowed and consumed her like a water fall of red.

"Undyne...you look gorgeous!" I said in awe. She rolled her eyes.

"Cut the fluff, be honest."

"Undyne I am!" She didn't respond. "Like, I'd go point one percent hetero for you." I teased.

"H-Hey! She's mine." Alphys emerged from the doorway and stood next to Undyne, staking her claim.

"Aww you two look adorable!" I gushed. Alphys had her hair in its usual bun. "Now we need to do hair." I stated, as Undyne lit up with determination.

"My time to shine!" She announced, whipping out a hair brush. I helped take out Alphys' bun as Undyne brushed through her own hair. Alphys' cubby face became engulfed in blonde hair.

"Aww. Alphys you look adorable!" She gave me an angry look, which only made her more adorable. "Alphys stop being cute!" I gushed, knowing that it annoyed her.

"Stop fawning over my girlfriend, Mettaton!" Undyne yelled, styling my hair as I worked on Alphys' makeup. I rolled my eyes at Undyne. I coated on a translucent lip gloss with a pink tint onto the small girl's lips. After I finished Al's makeup I started working on my own. Undyne brushed through her girlfriend's hair, and pulled it into a braid. I winged my liner, set my makeup, and gave Undyne a bold red lipstick, and glitter pink eyeshadow over her typical red.

We looked absolutely fabulous. I headed down to Blooky's room hoping to invite him, but what I found was something I didn't expect to see when I did. "Blooky!" I shouted, scaring the poor boy.

"Mettaton...I...I" There he was. Standing.

"Blooky, I'm so proud." I felt ready to cry.

"Mettaton, please don't."

"Right. Sorry." I apologized for my emotions. "How long have you been...?"

"Aaron has been helping me work on my muscles. I guess I finally got the strength to stand." He held onto his chair for support. He seemed like he was about to fall, so I hurried to catch him.

"I'm just so happy for you." I smiled as he slid back into his chair.

"So, what did you need me for?" He asked.

"Well, there is a New Years party, and I wanted you to go with me." I smiled.

"Oh, Mettaton, I-I'm not really good with people."

"C'mon Blooky! It'll be fun!"

"...alright."

*

We saw a few cars parked outside of the brothers' house. We parked in the street, next to their driveway, and helped Blooky out of the car. We brought his chair just in case he needed it, as he still had problems walking. I convinced him to dress up a bit. He wore a new, clean, white shirt with dark jeans, and a top hat. A look which he called "Dapper Blook." I wheeled him up to the door, Undyne and Alphys behind me, and rang the door bell.

"Come in!" A deep, muffled voice shouted from what was presumably a few rooms from the door. I opened the unlocked door, and we made the dramatic entrance we deserved.

"Oh you all came!" Papyrus said walking towards us, from the kitchen. He wore an apron that read "Kiss the Chef" on it in cursive print.

"Well, of course, darling!" I responded. "I hope you don't mind that I brought Napstablook." I said, gesturing to the pale boy.

"The more the merrier!" Papyrus smiled. Heading back into the kitchen. I wheeled Blooky over by the couch where a Toriel was sitting.

I saw Undyne and Alphys huddled around something. I went over to investigate, and realized what it was. Muffet's latest blog post. "Hello, dearies, and happy New Year! New year. New drama." Muffet announced on her Livestream. "I've got all the gossip needed to kick off the new year. So, buckle up and get set because this is going to be brilliant!" She waved and her video was replaced with a picture that read "More Updates at 11:00."

"D-Do you think-?" Alphys started.

"Darlings, get ready for a hell storm later." I said, prepping for anything that was about to happen.

"Well, Punks," Undyne started, "we got an hour and 15 until our lives fall apart." We had no idea where she was going with this. "Might as well enjoy it while we can."

"Y-Yeah!" Alphys cheered.

"Alright, darlings, let's do this." I smiled.

"Food is ready!" Papyrus announced from the kitchen. I saw a line of slow cookers and various platters. There was, of course, spaghetti, but also hamburger rolls, a fruit platter, a deli platter, a cookie platter, and some chips.

I grabbed a plate of fruit and made a ham sandwich for Blooky. I got some spaghetti, and a buttered roll for myself. I sat next to Blooky, and handed him his food, as everyone else got their plates. I heard a knock on the front door. Suddenly Sans was next to the door and opening it. How did he get there so fast? Maybe he was near there and I didn't see him.

"Hi...Sans..." Shyren said from the door way. Her short hair curled, framing her face.

"Oh...uh...hey. Shyren, right?" Sans asked, looking up at the slim girl.

"Mmhmm." She nodded. She had an ocean blue dress, with white, coustume diamonds sewn across the ribs. The dress ended around midway between her thighs and knees, with a green tule around the back that went down to her ankles. She had a lapis lazuli necklace with seafoam green heels. Guess that's her signature color.

"Shyren! Glad you could make it!" I greeted as she walked inside.

"Hi, Mettaton." She said with a smile.

"Come. Sit." I scooted over and patted the seat next to my cousin, gesturing for her to sit. When she sat down, the two blushed slightly.

"So, did I miss anything?" She asked.

"Well, just that fact that we have" I checked the time on my phone, "less than 45 minutes until are lives fall apart." I said with a sarcastic smile.

"Muffet?"

"Muffet." I scowled slightly at the name. I honesty couldn't remember the last time she has been genuinely nice to me. Well, she wasn't so bad in 8th grade. I suppose it was when I started becoming popular that she started to disregard me as someone worth being nice to.

Papyrus sat down next to me on the couch. In his hands was a plate containing a mountain of spaghetti. "Hello, everyone." He smiled.

"Hello, lovely." I bent my neck and kissed his jawline. He blushed as I did this. He is so adorable when he blushes!

"Oh, I should put the countdown on!" He said, fumbling with a TV remote. When he finally got a hold of it, he pointed it at the television that had been set up on a table at the other side of the room. He flipped through the channels until we found the countdown. We saw a familiar face on the screen.

"Asgore?!" We all questioned. Sans ran in the room when I heard this, looking angry almost. Toriel sat at the couch with us, rolling her eyes at her ex.

"Of course he would find a way on TV. When everyone is watching." Toriel was less than impressed with Asgore.

We watched the program until Undyne's phone buzzed, announcing the return of the live stream. Shyren, Alphys, and I all huddled around Undyne and her phone. The image disappeared, revealing Muffet. "Welcome back, dearies! Here's the gossip you've waited so patiently for." Here it comes. She's gonna do it. "First, has Washua gone mad with cleaning? It seems he's never away from his cleaning supplies, but it appears his mentality is suffering. Could he really be driven mad by cleaning?!" I felt bad for Woshua. Even if the rumors weren't true, one's mental state shouldn't be public record without consent. I scribbled his name onto a list of people to help me take revenge. "Now, Burgerpants. We all know him. Once a straight A student, he has become known for smoking regularly. However, is the daily dose of tobacco enough?" The corner of the video showed interviews with various students.

"He's been acting really strange lately." A red headed student confessed. Based on the name on the bottom of the screen, I guessed her name was Jamie.

"He's been, like, sneaking out to go do something I guess. He said he had 'important phone calls.'" A Student, named Eden, confessed.

"I heard he's smoking pot!" Gasped a female student. Her name was AJ, we had science together. Really? You're giving into Muffet's gossip?

"I mean, I don't really know him." A girl in a purple, black, white, and grey Batman tee shirt said. "I'm only a freshman" She confessed. According to the screen, her name is Syd.

"What? B-Burgy wouldn't do something like that." A muscular, dark skinned teen said. "I mean, he does smoke sometimes." The teen, who was known to everyone as NiceCreamGuy, had a pain in his eyes. He obviously cared for Burgerpants. "But, he told me he'd try to quit...he certainly wouldn't do anything illegal!" The blue ends of his fringe covered his tear struck eyes. It pained me to see how someone could be affected by a rumor that wasn't even about them.

The video went back to Muffet. "Well, dear viewers, what do you think about this controversy?" Muffet made a, fake, dramatic expression.

"I can't stand her." I growled under my breath.

"Now, our next juicy gossip. She is most certainly one of the strongest students at school, but how did Undyne get like that?" All the attention of our small group focused to the nervous, and fearful redhead. "I've heard that she's on steroids!" Muffet made a dramatic gasp, raising a glove to her hand.

Undyne threw her phone on the couch, and ran outside in the snow. Alphys, Papyrus, and I followed her out. She grabbed a rock and started breaking it down with her bare strength. "What's going on?" Papyrus asked, unsure what to think of Undyne's outburst.

"Papy, remember those rumors I told you about?" I asked.

"Yeah..."

"S-Someone m-made one about U-Undyne." Alphys stared in fearful awe. Undyne crushed the Rock and fell to her knees. I was about to go after her, but Alphys stopped me. She slowly approached the crying Undyne. I couldn't hear their conversation, but I decided to give them some space. Papyrus and I went inside. Shyren was still watching the phone, so I went over to join her.

"Undyne would never do that." A student scoffed. His brown hair in all directions. "She's a good athlete. And an honest one, at that. Good, honest, athletes don't take steroids. Simple as that." He narrowed a glare.

"So, like, I dunno." A student named Fox said. "I see no evidence for this. She's, like, too devoted to her girlfriend, that science-y chick."

"Well, dears, that makes your thoughts on this about even." She smiled. "Tune in after the ball drop, for our big bombshell!" Her smile turned into a smirk. "See you at midnight, darlings." I knew that was hinted at me. Shyren gave me a worried expression.

"So...this is Muffet?" Shyren asked.

"Yes, darling, it is." I stood up and walked away from the phone. Undyne and Alphys came back in. I ran up to Undyne. "Darling, are you alright?"

"I'm...fine." She said with a sigh. "Just tell me what happened."

"I think you'll be fine." I smiled. She looked up in confusion. "Most people interviewed didn't believe her. You're good." Her confusion turned into relief.

"So, nerd, how did your thing go?"

"Didn't air yet." I stated simply.

"What?"

"You heard me."

"She's making you wait even longer?!"

"Yeah, she's not saying anything until midnight." I said defeatedly. Undyne was clearly pissed off. "Calm down, darling. There's still time to pretend this rumor doesn't exist."

"I don't have time." She growled at me. I felt bad for her, but I had it worse.

"At least people believe you! Muffet is determined to take me down! And I have no clue why!" I shouted, gaining unwanted attention.

"Calm down." Papyrus came between Undyne and I, peacefully. I could see the pain in her eyes, and feel the fear in my heart.

I walked away into the kitchen, Papyrus followed me. I ignored him and grabbed a drink. "I'm...sorry." I mumbled.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm sorry for yelling at Undyne." My shoulders dropped.

"Don't worry about it." He walked over and gave me a peck on the lips. I smiled as a blush crept onto my face.

"I love you, Papy." I swung my arms over his shoulders.

"I love you too, Mettaton." He placed his arms on my sides, and there we stood. Gazing into each other's eyes. Swaying to the slow love song that came from the TV. When I was in his arms, I was safe, secure, and carefree. Papyrus just made everything better.

"Yo, lovers!" A deep voice called. We looked towards the doorway where Sans was standing. "Countdown is starting.

We followed Sans to living room. Everyone was at the edge of their seats, preparing to celebrate. Shyren was next to Blooky, Sans reclaimed his position next to Toriel, and, a calm, Undyne sat next to Alphys. Papy and I were able to fit in between Sans and Alphys.

"10..." We chanted along.

"9..."

"8..."

"7..."

"6..."

"5..."

"4..."

"3..."

"2..."

"1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!" We all jumped and shouted. Undyne dived down to kiss her girlfriend, while Toriel picked Sans up and brought him to her lips. He seemed to melt with pleasure. I grabbed Papyrus and smashed my face into his. I kissed passionately, to which he did the same. I pulled away when I heard squealing behind me. I saw Alphys jumping up and down. I looked to where she was pointing. Blooky was standing....and kissing Shyren! Well, Shyren kissed him first. My cousin's entire face had a blush, while the girl held onto the neckline of his shirt. He certainly didn't seem to have a problem with it. I squealed along with Alphys, ready to cry from happiness.

When they pulled away, even Shyren seemed surprised at her boldness, along with something else. "Blook! You....You can stand!"

"And you kissed him!" Sans announced. Shyren's face turned red. "The night is just full of surprises."

I quickly pulled out my phone and took a few pictures. However, all good things must come to an end. We all turned to the beeping phone, once again revealing Muffet. "Happy new year, loves!" Her sickeningly cheerful voice said. "Who's ready for a killer bombshell?!" She made a devilish smile at the camera. I feel sick.

"Mettaton? Are you okay?" Papyrus asked, lowering the phone's volume. I felt a terrible feeling in my stomach, and ran into the kitchen.

Everyone in the living room was unsure of what to do, as I hurled into my boyfriend's trash can. Best. New Year. Ever. I fell onto the floor next to the trash can. Unwilling to move, and not wanting to do anything, I stayed there. Waiting for someone to rescue me. Alas, my knight in shining armor came. He picked me up of the ground, and gave me a napkin for my face. I wiped around my mouth and tossed it into the garbage can. "Mettaton? Are you feeling alright?" He put the back of his hand on my forehead to see if I felt flush.

"I'm...fine, now. Really." I wasn't sure what else to say. What even can you say to someone after running off and puking in their kitchen?

"Hold on." He put me down, and ran upstairs. He came back with an unopened toothbrush. "You might want this. The bathroom is upstairs, third door to the right." I grabbed the toothbrush, smiled, and took his directions. When I finished brushing my teeth, I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door and saw Undyne outside.

"Just, uh, thought you should know that I shut the live stream off." I must have looked puzzled. "We didn't watch the rest."

"Thank you." I said, pulling her into a hug.

"Uh..." She pulled away from the hug, nervously.

"Oh, darling, no. That's not happening again." I said, distancing myself from her. "I thought I was ready, but I guess the fear got to me." I had never been that scared before. Not once in my life.

I went back down stairs where everyone was looking at me expectantly. "M-Mettaton? Y-You okay?"

"I'm...fine, darlings. Well, now, anyways." There was an underlying tension in the room. "Let's...let's just change the subject. Shall we?" The room remained silent. "Okay, well...what about my cousin? Who can now stand! And...has a girlfriend, apparently!"

Blooky and Shyren blushed immensely. "I-I-I...We n-never said we were d-dating!" Shyren stammered.

It was at that moment, the entire crowd sighed and face palmed, all at the same time. "Seriously?" Sans asked. "Ya don't just start kissing then deny everything." Sans stated. Shyren and Blooky both blushed.

"Darlings, it's a new year!" I started. "Can we please just stare the obvious? You two obviously like each other!" They blushed harder. "Just go for it already!"

"Shyren?" Blooky started. I could see the nervous sweat on his forehead. "Do you...wanna go out with me?"

She smacked him upside the head. "Of course, idiot." And we all started cheering.

------------------------------------------------------

(3449. With 3449 words of just story, this is the longest chapter I've ever written. Hope you all enjoyed this update! And thanks to 11k reads! I guess the next chapter will just have to be a special ;) See you in the next update, my lovelies!

~HayleyOTP)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 84 8
A 17 year old that has been bullied has started to here things she soon starts to have physical changes as well then one night she comes across a cer...
558K 20.3K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
561K 9.8K 35
Percy is betrayed by his friends and the person he loved the most..he decides to leave ,to change the environment.what happens when he Hecates offers...
355K 19.1K 53
She is fierce. He is innocent. She is the pride of her parents. He was separate from his parents. She is the school queen bee. He is the school nerd...