Struggles of a Fangirl

By SincerelyPink

Being a fan girl is hard and Kacey Miller is all types of awkward, naturally and socially. But she's also the... More

Struggles of a Fangirl
The Struggle
Cast Call Closed
Struggle #1
Struggle #2
Struggle #3
Struggle #4
Struggle #5
Struggle #6
Struggle #7
Struggle #8
Struggle #9
Struggle #10
Struggle #11
Struggle #12
Struggle #13
Struggle #14
Struggle #15
Struggle #16
Struggle #17
Struggle #18
Struggle #19
Struggle #20
Struggle #21
Struggle #22
Struggle #23
Struggle #24
Struggle #25
Struggle #26
Struggle #27
Struggle #28
Struggle #29
Struggle #30
Struggle #31
Struggle #32
Struggle #33
Struggle #34
Struggle #35
Struggle #36
Struggle #37
Struggle #39
Struggle #40
Struggle #41
Struggle #42
Struggle #43
Struggle #44
Struggle #45
Struggle #46
Struggle #47
Struggle #48
Struggle #49
Struggle #50
Struggle #51
Struggle #52
Struggle #53
Struggle #54

Struggle #38

10.3K 358 136
By SincerelyPink

The bright lights blind me. The long carpet scares me. The humidity makes my forehead slick with perspiration. The only thing keeping me sane right now, is Prodigy standing by my side. As soon as we stepped out the car, photographers rushed over to take pictures. Their flashes blind me momentarily, why is the flash on when it's broad daylight out anyway? We manuever along the carpet into the massive flow of celebrities gathered in the center of it all. A big circular stage is to the left where Sevyn Streeter is performing. A smaller stage is on the right side where Bow Wow and Angela are talking to Meek Mill. I gawk at everything and everyone I see.

My legs wobble slightly in my skinny heels, threatning to make me lose my balance and faceplant on the red carpet. My grip on Prod's arm tightens, he glances down at me. "You alright?" He asks, his brown eyes raking me over before locking our gaze. I can't help but smile a little as he checks me out. I nod my head yes to signal that I'm ok and he tosses me an adorable smirk. A girl yells Prod's name and he looks in that direction, waving at the fans making them scream and jump in excitement. I chuckle, realizing that the girl crying, probably would have been me a few months ago. Her face turns red as Prince walks over to the fans and poses for pictures with them, flashing his signature smile and throwing up the peace sign. His hair glistens under the hot sun, making it looks almost as glossy as Londons.

"Hold on a second," Prod tells me. I nod my head ok and he walks over to the sidelines to greet some fans. I stand with Joya, Yannie, Renee and London, watching as the girls go wild over MB. Some of them shout our names and we wave at them. My stomach flips excitedly, they recognize us. They know who we are. This is what it feels like to be Kacey Miller. Not the weirdo with neon braces that fangirls all the time. Not the freak who only has one friend that people claim is too good for her. Right now, I'm Kacey Miller, walking the red carpet.

While we wait, a camera is pointed in Joya's face and she backs up in surprise. "Whoa," She says, looking stunned.

"And this is my girl right here," Jacob Latimore appears and puts an arm around her waist as he talks to the camera person. "Say hi to the camera Joy."

Joya chuckles and hides her face, "Oh my God, you caught me off guard and everything." She complains, a cute smile spread across her face.

"Aww she's camera shy." Jacob says before planting a kiss right on her cheek. Fans from the crowd gasp and cheer as Joya beams hard, her whole face turning a slight red. I smile happily for Joya, this is going to be a great memory for her to leave with once the tour is over. Imagine getting kissed on the cheek by your crush on live tv. A slight tinge of envy rests inside of me as I watch Joya and Jacob act all adorable together. He takes Joya's hand and leads her away from us, mixing in with the crowd of celebrities. In the distance I can hear the OMG Girlz performing their song Baddie.

Walter walks over to MB and points to the tiny stage on the right, "Bow Wow and Angela want yall up there on the stage to talk." He tells them. They nod and we follow them over to the circular stage admist the pool of celebrities. While they exchange hugs with Bow and Angela, I'm busy looking around at all the famous faces. I see Miguel posing for a picture with his girlfriend, Bruno Mars talking to Swizz Beats and Wiz Khalifa waving at his fans. Jayla would die if she was here, Wiz Khalifa is her boothang for life. She would probably take pictures of him offguard and put them into a collage before setting them as her screen saver on her phone. Yeah, she's got a little fangirl in her too.

"And here we have our contest winners," Angela says, the camera pans over to us and I smile shyly. "Alright lemme see if I remember yall names." Angela looks at all of us for a moment before pointing at Renee. "You're London," She points at me, "You're Yannie," she points at London, "you're Joya." And she points at Yannie, "And you're Renee."

We laugh at her mistake and shake our heads, I speak up for us. "No I'm Kacey. Joya is out in the crowd with her boo Jacob Latimore. This is London, Renee and Yannie." I point at each girl who smiles at Angela.

Bow Wow shakes his head, "That's a shame Ang you can't even get their names right." They tease eachother for a minute before Bow puts a hand up in her face, "Anyway! Yall girls looking really nice today, how's it feel to be Mindless Behavior's dates. I mean just a few months ago yall were on 106 and Park cuz yall won the design contest. Now yall be touring all over the US and you're at the BET awards."

London quickly swipes the mic from my hands and beams into the camera, "This whole thing has been so surreal. I never thought this would happened and I feel like I've grown so much closer to the boys, they're all like my brothers. I mean, we've had so much fun together and I'm truly grateful that I get to experience this."

I, I, I, me, me, me. That's all London ever talks about. I mean I get that her parents doesn't give her much attention but would it kill her to include us in the conversation just a little bit. Out the corner of my eye I catch Ray and Roc exchange an eyeroll as London babbles on about how much fun she's having. She even starts to tell a "funny" story about something involving her and Prince. Thank God Angela cut her off.

"So tell me about your dresses." Angela says, looking over Renee's beautiful long dress. "Did y'all design these?"

Renee takes the mic from London, "Actually no. We went into these really nice boutiques with names I can't even pronounce and we selected things that expresses who we are in a way that was both comfortable and appropriate. Keisha wanted us to look youthful, not trashy." She says, Angela nods.

"I think some people didn't get the memo." I mutter under my breath, glancing at London as she discreetly pulls down her shorts. Prod hears me and chuckles a little, a smooth sound that's like music to my ears.

"Man I'm so excited to perform tonight we got alot in store for y'all." Princeton says, his arm resting lightly around London's shoulders.

Bow nods, "And I know Joya ain't the only one dating. What's going on with you two." He ask, looking between Prince and London. Noticing that the attention is on her, London wraps as arm around Princes torso. She's about to say something but Ray quickly cuts her off.

"We all friends here, we just wanted to have dates to show off our more grown up side." He says, adjusting his purple bow tie.

Angela laughs, "Y'all are too cute."

"Iight well it was good catching up with MB and their dates and make sure yall keep watching at home cuz next we're gonna have Sevyn Streeter warming up this preshow and don't miss my boys Mindless Behavior kicking off the awards at 8:00. Let's go!" Bow Wow says, saltuing the camera as the show goes to commercial. We wave goodbye to Bow and Angela before walking down the stairs back to the red carpet.

For the hour that we're outside, I have the time of my life. So far everyone that MB has introduced us too has been so nice to us. I even got to take a selfie with Willow Smith, Brandy, J. Cole and a group shot with all of us and Diggy. I can't wait to send that one to Jayla so she can pass out. To my disappointment we have to go inside a little earlier than everyone else so MB can get ready to open up the stage. The boys waste no time stripping down and changing into their outfits we designed for their performance tonight. They have about 15 minutes before they have to get positioned on stage, everyone is running around getting things together. Assistants wire up their microphones while others dress them in their outfits. The curtain moves to the side and in walks Nick Cannon, the host of this years BET Awards.

"Wassup y'all, you ready to turn up?" He asks the boys.

"Hell yeah, this crowd won't know what hit em." Ray says, receiving the warning eye from Walter. Nick laughs and turns towards us where we begin introducing ourselves. We talk for a little while and the whole time Nick keeps up laughing. He tells us stories about his kids and how he had to change twice cuz his daughter kept getting her sticky fingers on him. The whole time he talks, London is across from me sending hate rays with her eyes. A smile never appears on her face when everyone else cracks up at Nicks jokes. She continues to frown at me, making me feel self concious and uneasy.

Walter stands in front of us with a camera, "Ay y'all, gather up real quick so I can take a picture of you and Nick."

We quickly huddle together, I lean close to Nick, unable to believe this is really happening. Nick is a tv legend, and I'm standing right next to him. That is until London decides to elbow me out the way, her sharp elbow slams into my chest painfully and I stumble backwards. She quickly takes my place next to Nick, forcing me to step backwards to avoid falling in my heels.

"OW!" Ray shouts, I whirl around to see him hopping on one foot while his left foot is being cradled in his hands. "Ouch, you stepped on my foot with your heel Kacey."

"I'm so sorry!" I exclaim, covering my mouth with my hand as I stare at his sock covered foot. "Ray I'm so sorry."

Walter lowers his camera quickly and walks closer to us. "What happened?" He asks.

"Kacey trampled on Rays foot with her horse feet." London spits out, her eyes displaying fake sympathy. She throws an accusing look in my direction. I swallow hard as everyone turns to look at me. I wanted to reach over and smack London right onto her flat butt. Her stupid green eyes flashing innocently to others but deviously to me.

Joya scoffs, "Because you pushed her London."

"No, I was trying to get into the picture but she wanted to take up all the space." London retorts, pointing her manicured finger nail in my face. We all begin speaking at once, trying to explain what happened to Walter. At least four different responses are given and a fustrated expression takes over Walters face. Finally he holds up his hands and we all shut up. An assistant rushes over to us, "Three minutes before performance time." He babbles before quickling rushing away again.

Walter huffs out, his patience wearing thin. "We don't have time for this! Ray, are you going to be able to perform or not? If you need to sit down with ice on your foot its fine."

"No way, I'm not bout to miss this performance. Nah, I'm good Walt. I got this." He says.

Walter smiles, obviously proudly his boy. "Alright put on your sneakers and quick, the lights gown down in about a minute."

Ray nods and limps over to the couch. He puts on his shoe, obviously in pain. I'm frowning hard, upset at what London made me do. If Ray messes up tonight it will be because I hurt his foot. It's will be my fault that their performance didn't go smoothly. All because she pushed me. Just because she wanted the attention on her. Just because she always has to get her way. I clench my hands in fustration, my nails digging into my palms. Prod looks over to me like he wants to come over and comfort me but he's still getting his microphone adjusted and set up right.

Prince gently takes London's wrist and pulls her to a deserted corner of the room. At first I think he wants a good luck kiss from her or something but then his face turns angry as he gestures wildly. I can't hear what they're saying but it seems like an argument. London's face is a mask of surprise as he speaks to her, like she doesn't comprehend the fact that he's obviously upset. Her posture is weak and her eyebrows are scrunched together, creating lines along her forehead.

"This is crazy. Walking the red carpet and watching Prince tell off London all in one day? I don't think can handle much more." Yannie says to me. And I have to agree with her, I knew Prince wanted to smooth things over with me again but I didn't know he was willing to finally tell London about herself. Their conversation ends and London nods slowly like an ashamed kid, Prince pulls her into a hug and I catch him whisper something in her ear. She smirks as they pull away. Yannie and I quickly look away to make it seem like we weren't eaves dropping.

Prince walks over to the vanity to check his hair like he always does and I walk over to London, she glances at me and I shake my head in confusion. 'Why did you do that?" I ask her. "You made me hurt Ray. And for what? A stupid picture?"

"I caught your little sly ass remark Kacey. Remember who you have to deal with the next time you wanna talk shit on camera." She sneers at me, before quickling storming away. I roll my eyes, all that over a stupid little comment. Drama queen for real.

The lights suddenly dim and we hear Nick go onstage to warm up the crowd and talk about what everyone should be expecting tonight. Walter walks over to us, "Alright girls, let's go take our seats."

A security guard with a flashlight begins to escort us through the dark and away from the backstage wing, someone grabs my wrist lightly before I don't get to far and I shriek a little, spinning around. I can't see his faces but I know it's one of the boys. I'm not able to speak before he pulls me tightly into his chest, holding me in a warm hug. He smells like Polo cologne and minty gum.

"Good luck," I tell who ever it is.

He doesnt respond with words, but with a kiss on the cheek instead.

**

Sorry for errors :P

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT

Who kissed Kacey on the cheek thooooooo!?!!?!? O.O

Kacey's dress on the right ----->

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 2K 17
✔2nd place in Romance/ChickLit in the Fruits of Love Awards 2018 - 2/08/2018 ✔2nd place in Chicklit in the Recognition Awards 2018 - 2/10/2018 ✔2nd p...
61.6K 1.7K 19
Dear Diary, I saw her tweets today, of her fangirling over me. She doesnt even know that I in fact do notice. She makes me smile. Aʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴡᴏʀᴋs ᴀʀᴇ ᴄ...
4.8M 113K 96
She's back and better than ever. Living in Chicago for the junior Law program was a fun year of her life but Bailey-Belle couldn't be happier to be h...
1.8K 54 38
Hallie was what you would call the non-normal teenager. Her parents were always mean and her childhood was monsterous. Harry had just had a break up...