The Alpha War

By KatieCow

Katrina was a shy girl who kept to herself. Work and home, that was it. That was till she went to the bank an... More

Chapter One: The Robbery
Chapter Two: Strangers
Chapter Three Remembering
Chapter Four: Desires
Chapter Five: No Long a Girl
Recap
Chapter Six: The Library
Chapter Seven: Renger
Chapter Eight: Dinner
Chapter Nine: A Painful Weekend
Chapter Ten: The Perfect Date
Chapter Eleven: Almost Taken
Chapter Twelve: My Own Sexy Wolf Man
Chapter Thirteen: A New Family
Chapter Fourteen: A Scaring Past
Chapter Fifteen: Maybe I'm More...
Chapter Sixteen: Becoming Part of the Pack
Chapter Seventeen: The Lake
Chapter Eighteen: The Saving Grace
Chapter Nineteen: Tattoo
Chapter Twenty-One:The Moonlight
Epilogue
Editing

Chapter Twenty: Taken

266 7 0
By KatieCow

Hey so I totally forgot to put the picture up of Katrina's tattoo but I did that and I'm gonna post it again on this chapter.

Thanks for reading and comment and vote!!!!!!!!!

***************************************************************

There were low voices talking and I was laying on what felt like grass. I opened my eyes to realize I was up in the mountains. There was a cliff in front of me and I figured it had a pretty large drop. 

"Well looks like she's finally awake." Renger turned and smiled. "I've been waiting for you to wake up Sleeping Beauty."

I rubbed my head. "What is going on? How did I get here?"

He came to me and crouched so he was eye level. "Your mate isn’t as good at protecting you. Even with all those wolves I was still able to get you."

My jaw locked and I backed away from him but when I felt the cliff I stopped. Renger laughed. "I wouldn't go any further. It's quite a long fall."

Glancing over my shoulder I saw what was at least a three hundred foot drop and scurried away from it. That drop was instant death Renger on the other hand I didn't know what he wanted.

"What do you want from me?" I stammered.

Renger shook his head and cupped my cheek. "I just want your mate. At least you got to finish the bond before I kill you. It'll hurt him so much more." He stood up.

“But why? I know Lane beat you but what did Brent ever do to you?” I swallowed the lump in my throat. I figured the longer I could stall Renger the more time Brent would have to find me.

“You wouldn’t understand. It’s a wolf thing.” He towered over me making me feel as small as an ant. “How lucky you would have been if Brent had never found you. You probably would have only been sick a few days but now you’ll want to die when I kill him.”

I frowned. “Been sick?”

Renger laughed. “They really don’t tell you anything do they? You two are soul mates so even if Brent had never found you it still would have hurt you when I killed him.”

“What makes you think you can kill Brent? Lane beat you and so can Brent,” I practically yelled.

“Shut up bitch.” His hand slapped across my face. “And the reason I know I can beat him now is because I have you. Without you he’s going crazy and he won’t think straight when he sees what I’ve done to you. "Now why don't we hurry him up. I’m sure he’s going crazy looking for you already." And then he kicked me.

I flew to the left and gasped. Pain shot through my side. Then Renger was on top of me, slapping my face and pulling my hair. "Call out to him little human. The sooner he gets here the soon the pain will stop." He took my left arm and snapped it.

I screamed as the bone shattered in two. Renger threw me aside and I cradled my arm. I started to crawl away but the guy that took me kicked my ribs. "Where do you think you're going bitch?" He kept kicking my stomach and ribs as I screamed for Brent.

When he stepped back something big caught my eye and I saw a huge brown wolf. It was at least four feet high with massive teeth. He stalked towards me. I tried to get away but he caught my leg and I screamed as his teeth pierced my thigh and drug me back. I clawed for anything I could grab but my hands only found dirt.

There was a loud growl and the wolf stopped and let go. We both looked up to see Brent. "Brent!" I shouted but he didn't look at me. Instead he ran at the wolf. I screamed as he jumped and transformed into a wolf.

Tears streamed my face as I pulled my body away from the wolves with one arm. Pain racked my body and I felt as if I was going to die. Maybe I should have gone for the cliff. At least that would have been painless.

"Katrina! Justin she's over here!" There were hands on me. "Hey Katrina it's ok. We got you," Tamara soothed. She looked worried. "Justin we need to get her out if here. She's losing too much blood. We have to get her out of here." She took off her belt and wrapped it around my leg above the bite.

Looking over I saw more wolves fighting and I screamed. My throat felt as if it was on fire from all the screaming but I couldn't stop. I watched as men ran at each other and transformed into wolves. I knew about them being wolves but they were killing each other.

"Katrina we're gonna get you out of here," Justin said as he reached to pick me up.

A blood curdling scream erupted from my mouth as Justin tried to pick me up. Brent was suddenly grabbed Justin as threw him against a tree. Tamara jumped up and got in front if the wolf. "Brent calm down. We're only trying to help her. Justin isn't trying to hurt her. You have to trust us."

He growled but when Renger still in wolf form charged at me and Brent dove at him and once again they were fighting.

Tamara came back to my side with Justin. "I'm sorry Katrina but this is going to hurt a lot but you have to be quiet," she explained. "Bret can't focus if he hears you scream and he can't mess up like that again. Renger might kill him. Do you understand?"

I nodded and looked over at the wolves. Renger dug his teeth around Brent’s throat

"No!" I said horsey. I was covered in dirt and blood and in the most pain I had ever felt before. My arm was clearly beyond broken and it felt as if all my ribs had also been broken.

Brent twisted and kicked Renger off him. At that point Justin picked me up again. I bit down in the scream. "I don't want to go," I rasped.

"We have to get you out of here." Justin shook his head. "It's not safe and you're hurt."

"No I want to stay. If anything happens to Brent I won't care what happens to me," I begged. “Justin please.”

"Katrina..."

"No! Brent said I was Luna so that has to give me some power," I argued.

"Katrina..."

"No Justin we can stay." Tamara sighed. "Brent will win and then we can go."

My heart broke as I watched them fight. Brent had the upper hand but not by much. He was bigger and faster but Renger was steady in his attacks.

"He's going to win right?" I asked.

"Yes. Brent's father beat him and Brent is just as strong as his father," Tamara replied. “We have nothing to worry about.”

Suddenly a wolf lunged towards us. Justin handed me to Tamara quickly and transformed into a brown wolf. He caught the wolf by the throat and ripped it out. The wolf fell and changed back into human form and I saw it was the man that took me, this throat laid several feet away as dark blood pooled out of what had used to be his throat.

Justin came and rubbed his nose against my hand.

"He wants you to tell you that no matter what you’re safe. We won’t let anything happen to you,” Tamara said for Justin.

Brent and Renger were standing off, growling at each other. Brent snarled but transformed into back into human form. "Renger enough!"

Renger transformed and chuckled. "Already tired pup?"

Both men were covered in bite marks, scratches, and blood. But as I watched their wounds healed leaving only the blood.

"Give up. I have more men and no matter how good you are I will win. You know my family. You can't beat us," Brent said.

It was true more wolves appeared but I could tell they were on Brent's side. About twenty of them circled around Tamara, Justin and me.

"What are they doing?" I asked.

"You're our Luna and they'll give their lives for you."

"Why?! Why? They don't know me."

"That doesn't matter." She sighed. I was surprised she was still holding me. She wasn't much bigger than me but she held me as if I weighed nothing. "You're their Alpha's mate therefor the mother of the next Alpha and you are the female Alpha. Like real wolves we follow our Alphas no matter what."

Brent dove at Renger but dodged the attack and threw a punch at Brent. He spun and kicked Renger's hand away.

They tacked and fell to the ground. I watched in horror as Renger pinned Brent down and started beating down on him. Between punches Brent was able to roll and get out from under Renger. He kicked the man in the side and he went flying.

"That's it. I'm going to kill you." Brent's eyes started to shift from pure black to silver. They were still mostly black but the middle was like the moon.

But Brent went to pick up the heap that was Renger he lunged for Brent with a knife. He plunged it deep into Brent's chest, right through the heart.

"No pup. You die today." He twisted the blade and cackled.

I fought to get out of Tamara's hold but she held me tight. I watched as Brent dropped to his knees with the knife still sticking out of his body and that was the last straw. With all my strength I fought out of Tamara's hold. I fell to the ground but slowly stood up.

"Katrina stop it." Tamara caught my hand. "You can't do anything."

"Watch me." I jerked my hand free and staggered to Brent. My entire body hurt from the beating and I knew I would bleed to death if I kept this up but I didn't care. If Brent died then I would want to fight too. Life would mean nothing without him. Tears streamed down my face as I made my way to him painfully slow.

Renger glanced over at me and laughed. "Aww your weak till human has come to try to save you. How cute!"

"Katrina stay back." Brent held out his hand. He spat blood and shook his head. "This is nothing."

I watched in horror as he pulled the knife out and the wound healed. Renger on the other hand gaped. “How did you do that? The blade was cover in wolfsbane.”

Brent chuckled. “Wolfsbane doesn’t work on me.” He grabbed Renger’s shirt and threw him across the field. “Now I’m so fucking done with you. My father gave you a chance and I warned you but not anymore.

Once again they were fighting shifting between man and wolf. I collapsed and Tamara pulled me up and put me on Justin’s back. “Will you let us take you now?” she half begged. “Clearly Brent can handle Renger. You need help. Katrina you’re gonna bleed out soon.”

“No I’m staying. I’m not leaving without Brent.” I dug my fingers into Justin’s fur. I knew I should go but I physically couldn’t leave Brent.

It wasn’t till I looked up and saw the moon shinning full up in the sky that I realized my body no longer hurt but I didn’t care. I was caught in the moonlight. It washed over me, bathing me in light.

“Katrina!” Tamara tried to catch me but I fell off Justin.

The world was spinning under me but the moon held me in place. Suddenly I was standing and touched the tattoo behind my ear and a howl escaped my lips and I crouched forward and felt my bones shift.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 126K 45
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
2.8K 448 27
Ariella's biggest desire in life has always been such a simple one. She wants to be 'normal.' Unfortunately, that one simple wish has never been with...
56K 2.3K 22
Sofia is a angel sent to earth when she was seven due to her home planet had been destroyed. 7 years later she is still at the orphanage she ended up...
433K 9K 25
Lina Cortez is a 17 year old were-wolf that was being abused by her father. Alpha Angel Black is a 18 year old were-wolf that is searching for his m...