Only Time Will Tell

By silviaaxox

"Sooner or later you're going to fall for me." "You forgot the 'never' option." I smiled fakely. He chuckled... More

1. Let Me Introduce You
3. New Boy
4. Alone with New Boy
5. Welcome to Our Gang
6. Try-Outs
7. Not So Fun Fun Fair
8. Explanations
9. Patience is a Virtue
10. Trying to Impress
11. Can't Sleep
12. You Can Have Him
13. Keep Away From Her
14. What Was That?
15. Sports Awards Dinner
16. The Wedding
17. Need a Ride?
18. Neighbour after Date
19. Carefree
20. Taking Me Out
21. Meet My Mates
22. I Had Fun
23. Three Harsh Words
24. I Want You to Be There
25. The Kiss
26. Confused
27. The Three Words
28. My Prince on a Unicorn
29. Mistake
30. HELP!
31. You Don't Know Anything
32. Shopping Trip
33. Beach Party
34. Just Give Me a Chance
35. This Place Is Beautiful
36. Just Come Out
37. Just Stay
38. Date Night With A Twist
39. The Three Unrequited Words
40. Business Thing
41. The Match
42. A Library?
43. What's Wrong?
44. I Should Have Known
45. You Fucked Up
46. Let's Bunk
47. What Is Wrong With You?
48. You Want Me 'Cause I'm Taken
49. Romantic
50. Fight
51. I Don't Know What To Think
52. Remember
53. Think Things Through
54. The Truth
55. Venice

2. Meeting the Neighbours

11.3K 330 36
By silviaaxox

Hey guys, so here's chapter two :) I hope you enjoy it! I havent gotten any reviews, comments or votes yet so if you could, I'd appreciate a comemment, even if it critisism cos I'm ready to improve whatever it is I havent done right.

Tell, me what you think of this chapter :)

Chapter Two

"So is he hot?"  Layna questioned after I told her I met my neighbour.

"He sure is." I admitted.

"From our school?"

"Uhuh."

"Denis? Aidan? Gregory? Ed?"

"Nope."

"Derek? Matt?"

"You're getting close."

"No. Fucking. Way. Your neighbour is Kyle Richards! "Jake exclaimed. 

"Mr Montgomery, mind that language." Our form tutor warned.

I laughed. "Calm yourself Jake."

"You know, all the bitches are going to hate you." Layna pointed out.

"Not if no one finds out." I pointed out.

"Oh please. What's the chance of that happening?" Jake asked.

"Kill me now."

~***~

"Ms Jones, you're sitting next to Mr Richards."

My eyes widened as I started panicking. "No. No, there must be another seat." I said, my eyes desperately scanning the class.

"Well there would be if you weren't late." Mr Collins pointed out shuffling the papers on his desk.

"Look sir, you can't make me sit next to him. I just... I just can't." I told him. The class was watching me because I wasn't whispering; I was openly rejecting the seat next to Kyle. The seat which every other girl would kill for.

"And why is that?" My teacher asked. 

I sighed.  Why so many questions. "Out of...  personal reasons."

"Well Miss Jones, I'm really sorry that yours and Mr Richards's relationship didn't work out but that—"

"What?!" I nearly shouted. "Kyle and I never went out!"

"Oh but she wishes we did." Kyle cut in.

"Shut the fuck up no one asked you for your opinion." I snapped, the words flying out of my mouth before I could stop them.

I could hear a few people gasp shocked at what I just said. Kyle on the other hand, leaned back against his chair and raised an eyebrow at me with a smirk. 

"Hannah Jones!  Get out of my classroom right now!" My teacher yelled in my ear.

I huffed not even bothering to negotiate. As I was walking out a heard a low chuckle, so I shot him a glare before I was gone.

~***~

"Han! Han! What the hell was that?" God Casey's voice was high today. 

"Hey Case." I hugged her. "Nothing."

"Bullshit. What were you thinking?!" 

"Case, you're meant to be in class." I looked around at the empty corridor.  

Usually when someone was sent out the teacher would come out a few minutes later, yell at them, and then turn all bipolar by kindly inviting them back to class. In my case, this wasn't happening. I've been sitting on this cold hard ground (not a Taylor Swift joke btw) for almost 20 minutes. 

"I got a paper cut."

I chuckled at the pathetic excuse. "Creative."

"Shut up." She pouted. "Now explain." 

"What is there to explain?" I asked. "I have enough of him."

"Don't we all?" She chuckled. 

"Nope." I shook my head thinking of the rest of the girls.

"You're not telling me something." Casey raised her eyebrow at me.

I sighed knowing that I'd have to tell her sooner or later. "He's my neighbour." 

Casey's second eyebrow accompanied the other high up her forehead. "What did you just say?"

"I said that Kyle is my neighbour." I muttered.

"You moved?" She asked surprised.

"Well you know, if you or Jakey answered your fucking phones you'd be updated with all the news and gossip." I told her.

"I'm sure Jake explained it already." She sighed. Just for the record, Casey was Jakes twin. Yes, two of my best friends were twins! How awesome is that?  Not very, I know. 

"Uhuh." I nodded.

"Ok, I'm going to come back but at lunch I want to hear the whole story." Casey winked standing up.

"There's no story." I told her.

"Bullshit." She sang before disappearing inside the classroom. 

It was true. There was no story. I moved houses because my parents decided it would be for the best. And unfortunately it ended up neighbouring with the Richards. That's it.

I waited another half an hour for the bell to ring and once it did I stood up from the floor and made my way to my locker. As I rummaged through it exchanging books, I felt someone's presence.  Someone was watching me. I shut the locker and turned to be met by a face only a few centimetres away from mine. 

"That was rude." The husky voice spoke.

I sighed turning around to walk away when he caught my arm. "Can you blame me?" I asked. 

" Well you could have handled that differently." He said looking straight at me.

"Like how?" I asked not really wanting to hear any of his stupid ideas.

"You could have just sat down for this one lesson and next one just come early to get another seat."

"You're right." I nodded. "But then I thought about having to spend the whole hour with you and decided against it." I looked him in the eye. 

"That was very risky." He confirmed, his voice only a whisper. I finally snatched my arm away. "You and I are going to have a lot of fun." He smirked.

"In your dreams." I spat walking away. 

"You wish." He chuckled.

"Whatever Kyle." I muttered.

Why was he so irritating? For all these year, I always hoped that maybe he'll get bored of me. Maybe he'd find another victim. But obviously, with my luck, that never happened.

~***~

I couldn't wait to get home so when I finally did I made my way straight upstairs. Moments later I heard a knock. 

"Are you alright sweetheart?" My mum asked.

"Oh yeah. Sorry mum I didn't realise anyone was home." I lied.

"That's good." She smiled. "How was school?" Was this a trick question?

"Great." I said tying my hair up.

"Really? Because I got an interesting phone call from your History teacher today." I guess it was a trick one then.

"Really?" I played dumb. "What about?"

"You."

"Interesting indeed."

"And your appalling use of language towards another student." She carried on.

I didn't say anything. 

"What happened?" My mum asked.

"Nothing." I shrugged pretending to look for something in my bag.

"Hannah. Why would you speak to someone like that?"

"He's annoying. Really annoying." I told her.

"And there's no other way to speak to him?" She asked disappointed.

"Obviously not." I shrugged. 

"Stop acting like it's nothing Hannah! It's the second day of school and I'm already getting calls!" She raised her voice.

"I'm sorry mum. I promise I won't do it again." I rolled my eyes.

"I saw that." She said.

"Mum please. It just slipped out. I promise it won't happen again." I tried calming her down. 

"I hope so." She sighed. She was about to walk out my room but she stopped. "Ah yes! Mrs Richards called today."

"Oh another phone call! Aren't you popular! "I laughed. 

Thankfully my mum joined in. "We're having dinner together tonight." She smiled.

"Nice. Tell her I said hello." I told my mum.

My mum chuckled. "Oh Hannah."

"What?" I asked.

"When I said 'we're' I meant both out households." She said.

My eyes widened. "Mum I've got homework." I lied.

"Well then you better get started because like it or not you're going." And with that my mum was gone.

I quickly took my phone out.

To: Layna

Help! I'm having dinner with him tonight! x

Almost immediately I got a reply.

From: Layna

:o as in a date?! x

I sighed.

To: Layna

No you idiot!  Our mums thought it be amazing if we all went out for dinner together.x

From: Layna

Omg! Do you have to go? x

To: Layna

Uhuh. You know, I have to set a good example for the prick next door.x

From: Layna

Haha. He sure needs it. Good luck chica! x

I sighed looking my phone and throwing it on my bed.

I walked over to the window, opening it and sitting down on the seat. I grabbed my iPod and stuck my earphones in pressing shuffle. I closed my eyes and instantly regretted it as I felt something hit my shoulder. My eyes opened and looked out the Window. In the neighbouring window Kyle was standing with a smug grin looking at me. I ripped my earphones out.

"Can I help you?" I asked. 

"Not really." He shrugged.

"What's your problem Kyle?"

"Don't have one."

"Yes because throwing stones at your neighbour is completely normal." I snapped.

"Isn't it?" He grinned and suddenly I felt a nervous turning of my stomach. I groaned and grabbed my phone planning to ignore him. "Looking forward to tonight?" he asked.

"Obviously." I muttered not looking up.

"Why the sarcasm? "He chuckled.

"Because you're going to be there."

"Rude." He gasped mockingly.

"Oh no." I said.

"Well I'm glad you're looking forward to it cos so am I! Don't forget to dress nicely princess."

I looked up to see him grinning and could feel redness covering my face. What the hell?!

"Bye Kyle." I said looking back to my phone.

"Bye princess."

~***~

"Remember to dress nice sweetheart." My mum shouted as she walked past my bedroom. 

"How nice is nice?" I asked, scurrying through my clothes.

My mums head popped around the corner. "Some kind of dress would be perfect."

I groaned. "Not in a dress mood mum."

She rolled her eyes. "Well, just don't dress casual. Hannah, you're 17! I'm not going to tell you what to wear."

"Okay okay." I said going back to my wardrobe.

"You've got an hour." My mum reminded me.

"Shit." I mumbled but my mum heard.

"Hannah!"

"Sorry." I sighed. 

It took me another ten minutes to find the right outfit. I then took a quick shower and put on a red satin cami top and black skinny jeans. I slipped on some black leather strap peep toe booties with gold buckles and threw on an oversized knitted jumper. I tied my hair into a pony tail and grabbed my bag.

"I'm ready." I said entering the kitchen.

My mum was in a fitted black dress and grey heels. My dad had a dress shirt on and suite trousers. I felt so under dressed.

"If you want I can change." I watched my mum looking my outfit up and down.

"Darling you look absolutely fine." She smiled before throwing the car keys to dad as we left the house.

~***~

My dad pulled up outside a fancy little restaurant decorated with little outdoor fairy lights and two tall plants on each end of the restaurant front.

"Jones-Richards." My dad said to the waiter who instantly looked over his book and took us to our table at which the Richards were already sitting. 

They all stood up as we reached the table.

Mrs Richards was a petite woman with long curled blonde hair and huge green eyes. Her husband was a tall elegant man dressed in a suit with his hair brushed back. 

After analysing his parents, my eyes drifted to Kyle who was staring at me. He was dressed in a checked flannel shirt and black tight jeans with black boots. His hair was the usual sexy mess just adding to his Bad boy image.

Damn he looked good.

"Are you done checking me out?" He whispered over the table as we sat down.  Great, I was sitting opposite him.

"In your dreams." I scoffed picking up the menu. He chuckled before doing the same.

Once we ordered our starters and main courses the waiter took out menus away. As we sat waiting for the food, Mrs Richards started up the subject of school. Great. 

"So Hannah, do you have any lessons with Kyle?" 

"Err, yes. We have English and Science together." I answered avoiding eye contact with Kyle.

"Yeah we even sit next to each other in History." Kyle grinned. What a fucking two faced prick. 

"Really? Hannah never mentioned this." My mum looked at me.

"We only found out today." I defended myself. 

Before my mum could say anything the waitress came in with our starters. As she placed Kyle's plate in front of him, she caught his eye and he winked at her making her skin turn the colour of the tomato lying on his plate. She bit her lip and straightened up slowly, pushing out her chest trying to keep his attention on her.

How pathetic.

"Do you mind?" I asked him.

"What?" He smiled innocently. 

"I don't really appreciate girls drooling over you while I'm eating." I told him.

He chuckled. "Jealous?" 

"No." I scoffed. "But you're sitting right opposite me. I don't need my loss of appetite to get any greater.."

"Oh come on! You know you're loving the view." He winked. 

The thing is, I totally was.

~***~

"Well, that was a great night. I say we should do this again." Mr Richards spoke.

"I agree." My mother smiled. I don't.

"Well thank you for coming. And we'll see you over the weekend." Mrs Richards said hugging my mum and then me.

"Yes, thank you for inviting us." My mum beamed. 

I groaned.  How much longer was this going to take?

My mother hugged Kyles mum for the final time before we split out ways to our cars.

~***~

I was falling asleep when I heard something hitting my window. 

I got out of bed to see Kyle throwing stones again. I slid the Window open.

"What do you want?"

"I just wanted to tell you that you have to improve on hiding your attraction for me." He smirked sitting down next to the Window.

"Bye Kyle." I sighed. 

"Oh come on! Don't deny the fact that you spent the dinner checking me out."

"God you have a lot of confidence. I'm sorry to burst your bubble.  But that wasn't the case." I flashed a fake smile.

"Whatever you say. "He grinned.

"Goodbye Kyle." I huffed and started closing the Window. 

"Sweet dreams princess."

"Don't call me that!" I exclaimed. 

I heard a low chuckle before I shut the Window and got into my bed.

Princess.

Why did everything sound so good coming out if his mouth?

~Author's Note~

So what do you think guys? Did you like it? Are you enjoying the story so far? PLease let me know what you think :)

Here's Hannah's outift: http://www.polyvore.com/greetings_to_neighbours/set?id=97526285

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 150K 40
"I have this strong urge to kiss you." he said as his eyes flicked to my lips and then back to my eyes. I felt my heartbeat increasing and my knees w...
3.7K 244 36
"How could you do this to me?! I trusted you! You arrogant, selfish, asshole!!" I shouted with teary eyes and sadness in my voice. I looked at his fa...
10.2K 239 19
"Hi my name is Amelia and this is my life... I was just another ordinary girl before that thing happened:High School. My first day on Riverroad High...
2.4M 87.6K 55
17 year old, Elena Hawkins thought she was going to be done with boys forever. What Nate Thompson did to her in the fifth grade was unacceptable. She...