My Stolen Kiss / Draft

By yelling_nothing

La Douleur Exquise (n.) the heart-wrenching pain of wanting the affection of someone unattainable - When Kait... More

Sufficiency
Chapter 1
γ…‡ Whispers γ…‡
γ…‡ Best Friend γ…‡
γ…‡ Destroyable γ…‡
γ…‡ Luck γ…‡
γ…‡ Noticed γ…‡
γ…‡ Sons γ…‡
γ…‡ Nick γ…‡
γ…‡ Intelligence γ…‡
γ…‡ Motherly Love γ…‡
γ…‡ Coldness γ…‡
γ…‡ Determination γ…‡
γ…‡ Hardship γ…‡
γ…‡ Images γ…‡
γ…‡ Blackmail γ…‡
γ…‡ Studying pt.1 γ…‡
γ…‡ Studying pt. 2 γ…‡
γ…‡ Celebrating γ…‡
γ…‡ Success γ…‡
γ…‡ Charming γ…‡
γ…‡ Frustration γ…‡
γ…‡ Nosy γ…‡
γ…‡ Fail γ…‡
γ…‡ Homemade γ…‡
γ…‡ Summer school γ…‡
γ…‡ Tennis γ…‡
γ…‡ Reunion γ…‡
γ…‡ Accidents? γ…‡
γ…‡ Food γ…‡
γ…‡ Physical γ…‡
γ…‡ New year γ…‡
γ…‡ College γ…‡
γ…‡ Sickness γ…‡
γ…‡ Charm γ…‡
γ…‡ Worried γ…‡
γ…‡ Health Problems γ…‡
γ…‡ Chocolate γ…‡
γ…‡ Seniors γ…‡
γ…‡ Button γ…‡
γ…‡ Graduation Party pt. 1 γ…‡
γ…‡Graduation Party Pt. 2γ…‡
γ…‡ Graduation Party pt. 3 γ…‡
γ…‡ First Day γ…‡
γ…‡ Clubs γ…‡
γ…‡ Evil Sam γ…‡
γ…‡ Aching γ…‡
γ…‡Moving out
γ…‡Doubles
γ…‡Practice
γ…‡Achievement
Mistake
Movie?
Date Pt. 1
Date Pt. 2
CafΓ©
Together
Alyssa
Luke
Sleep pt. 1
Sleep pt. 2
Boyfriend
Party? Pt.1
Party? Pt. 2
Job
Therapy
Pearl
Lunch Box
Self-conscious
Is it true?
Her
Punished
DΓ©jΓ  Vu
How dare you?
Family party
Is he the one?
γ…‡ The Unthinkable γ…‡

Fate

3.2K 119 105
By yelling_nothing

Author's note

Guys!! I'm back again with another Chapter!! Two more to go ^.^

"Only pregnant woman crave, I feel like eating french toast." - Kaitlin Jackson

~ Slightly Edited ~

Chapter 75

----------------------

As I walked outside, I thought I would feel awkward. I had accepted the fact that my fate has changed. I won't run from it. I'll embrace whatever comes my way.

"I'm sorry, for my grandfathers attitude he was being really rude." Stacey said as she sat down.

"Don't worry. It didn't bother me." I sat down as well, we placed our iced tea on the coffee table.

"To be honest, my grandfather and I are jealous of you." She said.

"What of me?" I asked

"Yeah of course, its because you've lived with Nick for more than two years."

"- Well yes."

"And Nick's mother likes you, too. That's why we are envious of you, Kaitlin." She added.

"Hey Stacey, why do you like Nick?" I asked, curiosity is always in charge. He is probably the most unlikable guy, but I have my reasons, so i'm sure her's are no less than mine.

"The day my grandfather told me to come to his company, he said he was going to tell me something important. Actually it was about the arranged marriage meeting with Nick. I was in an elevator, and as I walked off a man that was behind me had bumped right into my back, naturally I fell forward. Nick had caught me and asked if I was okay. He was such a gentleman and kind. I fell in love with him at first sight. But I had never thought that the man I was to marry was Nick, so when I met him again at the meeting, I was really surprised. I thought it was fate." She said,

Fate.

That word keeps roaming my mind. I too, fell in love with Nick at first sight. I had a one-way love for many years since then, and we even lived in the same house, but I never had the chance to feel that it was fate. The time passed by without making  progress in our relationship.

"I wish I met him the way that you did," I said looking ahead.

"Wished you met him?" I she asked, my eyebrows rose when I realized what I had just said.

"Oh no, I hope I will meet someone." I said biting my lips.

"Actually, I was going to refuse the arranged marriage. I thought it was too early since I was still in college. But my grandfather told me to at least meet him. He made me attend the meeting. Despite all of that, I had never expected this would happen. Life is very strange, isn't it?" She asked smiling.

"Yes, it is." I nodded.

"but, I'm scared." She added.

"Why?"

"The more Nick is kind to me, I feel like the true Nick is moving further and further away, I feel like I can't tell what he is really thinking. I lose my confidence, it's strange isn't it?"She asked.

"I think that's happening because you really love Nick,"I said to her.

"- what?"She seemed surprised by my answer.

"it's not strange at all. When you love someone wouldn't you feel that way? Even though you're determined not to give up, you would lose your confidence over little things. You are beautiful and quiet. If a perfect woman like you feels that way... regular girls would feel that way even more. Yet, if he is kind to you just a little bit you are overjoyed and hope for something more to happen. You become the happiest person in the whole world. However when  he is cold to you again. . . you get scared, thinking he hates you. It's a never-ending circle. You think you will try to do your best. But your feelings always go up and down." I said.

"Kaitlin," I gasped. "You have loved someone too." I let out an awkward laugh.

"Ha no, that's not it. Nevertheless, I know... Nick, truly loves you, Stacey." I smiled a bit more. "I can tell he is madly in love with you." I giggled.

"How can you be so sure?" She asked.

"I really can't answer that, I just know, so please rest assured."

As the night crawled upon us, The chairman and his granddaughter took for their departure. Mr. Louis opened the door and out came The chairman with his granddaughter, Nick followed and Mrs. Louis was behind.

"Thank you for having us, Louis, make sure that you don't work too hard."

"Yes. I will visit you before anything after I get back to work." Mr. Louis responded.

"Hey, dont forget the engagement ceremony before that. Right, Nick and Stacey?"

"Yes. I appreciate your help." Nick said.

"Well, then Louis. We will talk about the schedule later." He said.

"Thank you so much for comming all the way here."

"Let's get going, Stacey." The chairman said, but Stacey didn't move.

"Um, I would like to walk with nick for a little bit." She said holding back.

"Do you mind, Nick?" Peter asked.

"Not at all. I'll make sure she arrives home safe." Nick replied.

"Then please take good care of her. Well then, Goodnight." And with that Ch. Peter left. I pulled away from the window and sat back on my bed. Instead of sulking around, I stood up and made my way down stairs.

"Nick made the decision we can't help it." I heard Mr. Louis' voice. I decided not to interfere with their family matters, I headed for the kitchen. I turned on the faucet and let my hands get soaked with the cold water. I put on the apron and returned to the sink, I started washing the dishes. After a couple of washed and dried dishes, Mrs. Louis came in.

"Kaitlin, let's finish it tomorrow, you must be tired." She said concerned, I smiled.

"Somehow I'm wide awake. I will just finish the dishes, you on the other hand should get some rest, you must be tired since it was a very busy day. Please go to sleep." I insisted.

"But I feel bad." She said.

"I'm fine. There is only a little bit left." I said continuing. After a few moments of silence she said my name.

"Kaitlin. . ." She walked over to me."I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." I was stunned. "I kept telling you that we were going to have you marry into our family. Yet this happened, I was trying to root for you two. However, I ended up hurting your feelings. I feel really awful for what happened," She was crying.

"It's not your fault, Mrs. Louis." I said hugging her.

"I still can't give up on you, Kaitlin."

"Thank you very much. I'm extremely happy that you are thinking of me like that. I think of you as my real mother i have been, and I always will, no matter who Nick marries. "

"Kaitlin, truly, I," She sobbed. I shook my head, I didn't want her to feel at fault. She left. I couldn't hold it back anymore I slid onto the floor my knees against my chest, I can't keep smiling. I shouldn't give anyone false hope. Should I just run away? Leave the people I'm hurting and forget about the people who've hurt me?

After I washed the dishes, I made my way to the staircase, the door closed. I looked up and I saw Nicholas Louis, the one who could make my heart beat from a mile away. Now the one who is slowly losing his place in my heart. The fact really scares me.

"I'm home." He said. I without thinking slid my arms through his back. I was hugging him from behind, almost immediately I backed away I gasped. He turned around and looked at me stunned, I ran into the kitchen and towards the backyard.

"Kaitlin!" He said behind me.

"Sorry, Um... I... It won't happen again, i was just..." I said, trying to keep to myself together.

"Why are you doing this? You made it clear you didn't want to love me anymore, how can you just do that, knowing I have a girlfriend now, whom I'm marrying." He said.

"Stop it! Even if you didn't have a girlfriend, none of this would have mattered." I said walking past him, back into the house. I started walking, but stopped half way.

"I see," he walked around me, "night." I saw him go up the stairs,

"Hey." I said, he stopped and looked at me. "Stacey... don't hurt her, she truly is a wonderful person." I said to him.

"She is beautiful, isn't she." For some reason, I didn't take that to heart. He was loosing his affection over me.

"Not only that, but after talking to her. I can tell she really likes you. If someone like her likes you, then it's only natural that you like her back." I gave my back to him, it felt surreal, this moment I had dreaded the most and it finally decided to pay a visit. Fate.

"You should find a good guy soon." He said, I still wasn't looking at him, but I could tell he had left.

The Next Morning. At Jackson's

I entered the restaurant and the smell of food in the morning was very pleasing.

"Good morning, "I shouted throughout the restaurant. It was empty of course because it wasn't open to the public yet,

"Good morning," My father replied. I walked towards the kitchen, but no one was there.

"Is it only you here? Where is Keith and Omar?" I asked walking back to him.

"Yeah, I sent them grocery shopping." I sighed,

"All right, then I'll start cleaning." I started by placing my bag down.

"Hey, Kaitlin. Can I talk to you?" I turned around and faced him." Before work, I have something I want to say to you."

We both sat down.

"What is it dad?" I asked, I have a felling that I'm not going to like what he has to say.

"We. . . should move out. You saw it yesterday too. Nick really means to get married. if that happens, it's weird for us to stay there. The Harrison family wouldn't like it either, in this way we can make an end and settle things down, so . . . Let's find a new place and move out. I don't care anymore if it's old or not large enough." My father said.

"We should do that." I replied.

"I understand, how painful this must be for you. Wait, what?" He asked

"I must be very stupid right? No matter how much I'm hurt, I decided by myself not to give up on my feelings for Nick. Despite the marriage plan." I said.

"It's also important to know when to stop. It's a chance for you to let Nick think of you as a good person, right? Hurry and forget about him." He said. Of course I wasn't feeling okay. My heart ached and so did my head. I didn't want to think about him anymore, I don't want to love him either, but I can't help it. Only time will tell.

***

As I walked home, I looked up. The large clouds of gases, and dust look so beautiful far away, but now that I'm looking at them from a different point of view. They twinkle, but truly they are burning. Stars are like humans, they seem so different from each perspective.

How many times have I wished for upon a shooting star. I have to stop now, I can't be greedy.

As the next morning crawled upon us, I was happy a new day has come a second chance from God to make better chances. Little did I know that, it was the day that set the date for Nick, he was to exchange wedding gifts. Of course I wasn't going to go to their meeting, Keith and I relaxed a bit because he can make me smile.

"Good morning!" I heard behind me. I turned around, and smiled sure enough it was Keith.

"Good morning!" I replied, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, naturally I became still.

"Then shall we go?" I nodded, we both started walking.

***

After a day full of fun and excitement, Keith spoke as we continued walking.

"So, what do you want to eat?" He asked.

"Hmm."

"What are you craving?" I slapped his shoulders,

"Only pregnant woman crave, I feel like eating french toast."I replied.

"How ironic." I nodded.

"It's been a long time since, I've tasted yours. "As we went to turn a corner, I stopped in my tracks, there was a wedding gown on display. About now, Nick is probably sitting down with both families. ..

"Kaitlin? Are you okay?" I snapped.

"About what? Umm, hey can we go to the game center today? Actually there's a stuffed animal that I want to get. Its really cute with a red hat and there's a cherry attached to it -"

"Will you marry me?" I turned around, he walked towards me and asked again. "Will you get married with me?" I was stunned, he reached from his back and pulled out the stuffed animal that I was just describing.

"How did you know about this?" He smiled.

"I told you, I know everything about you. Kaitlin Maree Jackson." He said, he got on one knee and held out the bear. "Please marry me." He said.

Author's Note

Ooh, 0-100 real quick. There is practically two chapters in here, but I wanted to be nice and treat you guys with a little somethin' somwthin' extra. ;] Happy Reading ^.^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 1.6K 19
What happens when a certain someone becomes your fiance who you don't even know about? Sang Jin and Ha Yeon are bounded in a fake marriage through a...
1.6K 200 24
This book is but a humble attempt at encapsulating life and all its flavours. It is an ode to the sad days and melancholy nights. For grief that st...
253K 6.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
3.3K 18 3
a series of letter to him about how we met, how we became friends, were there for one another, cared for each other and how we ruined that friendship...