Vacation Blues

Bởi ChocoBozo

[COMPLETED] "Pack your bags people, we are going on a vacation." I bet when you hear these words, excitement... Xem Thêm

Meet The Squad
Chapter 1- Making Friends Over A Cuppa
Chapter 2- Too Many Smirks To Handle
Chapter 3- Falling In Love With A Wall
Chapter 4- Rapids, Points and Doughnuts
Chapter 5- My Love And My Hate
Chapter 6- My Observation Skills Could Beat Sherlock
Chapter 7- Getting Hurt Never Felt This Good
Chapter 8- Truth and Dare Games Reveal Too Much
Chapter 9- Someone Gets Artistic
Chapter 10- My Teddy Is Too Cute
Chapter 11- I Love Emptying My Wallet
Chapter 12- Lazing Around, Dancing Around
Chapter 13- Why Do I Bother With Band Practices?
Chapter 14- What The Hell Just Happened?
Chapter 15- Eventful Partying
Chapter 16- I Practice Boxing
Chapter 17- More Problems
Chapter 18- Some Solutions
Chapter 19- I Learn How To Fly
Chapter 20- On Top Of The World
Chapter 21- Bowled Over
Chapter 22- Up, Up, And Away
Chapter 23- Deaths and Kisses
Chapter 24- A Little Heart-to-Heart
Chapter 25- I Wish I Could Stop Time
Chapter 26- Muddled Up
Chapter 27- Everyone Ditches Me, Except Him
Chapter 28- My Mind Leaves My Body
Chapter 29- Flashbacks and Echoes
Chapter 30- Things You Can't Outrun
Chapter 31- Secrets You Shouldn't Keep
Chapter 32- What's On The Blueprint
Chapter 33- You Don't Threaten Someone I Care About
Chapter 34- What's On The Blueprint 2.0
Chapter 35- After Four Years
Chapter 36- I'm Sorry, I Just Don't Care About You
Chapter 37 (part 1)- And Then That Happened
Chapter 38- Good Music, Lame Jokes and Crazy Frights
Chapter 39- Ice-cream or Cameron?
Chapter 40- Not So Sunny Beach Day
Chapter 41- Appearances Are Deceptive
Chapter 42- Pranksters Or Not, We're Actors Indeed
Chapter 43- Sickeningly Sweet Like Honey
Chapter 44- Arguing, Bickering, Bantering
Chapter 45- The End of the Rollercoaster
Acknowledgements
Bonus Chapter- My Love/Hate Relationship With Surprises

Chapter 37 (part 2)- I Want To Bury Myself

251 23 135
Bởi ChocoBozo

okay so warning beforehand, this chapter is not edited...plz excuse typos n grammatical errors...it will be edited soon...thank u...now enjoy...

******

"SKYE MILLER, GET BACK HERE!!"

I heard Hayley shout behind me after swearing the f-word.

But I didn't stop. What all had just transpired made me want to dig a hole and bury myself and stay there forever.

When I got outside, I stood next to the door, leaning against the wall, trying to catch my breath and if possible, collect my thoughts. My thoughts were such a muddle I doubted whether I even knew my right from my left anymore.

"Skye! What in the world was that?" Hayley demanded.

I looked up to see her standing next to me, furious to say the least.

"I-I-I made a mistake, Hay. That wasn't supposed to happen." I fumbled, not knowing how to describe it.

Hayley's expressions softened when she saw me in that state- more confused than a goat that discovers he's the love child of a deer and a lion.

And that's probably the alcohol talking. Maybe Hayley was right. Alcohol did suck. It made me do something I wasn't supposed to, then it messed around with my brain, turned it to jelly and now I wanted to sit in a corner and weep.

"Skye, why do you say that it wasn't supposed to happen? Don't tell me you don't know how much you like Cam." Hayley said.

"I do. I mean I know I like him. Like really like him. He's so sweet and caring, and he's always looking out for me. Always. But both of us together? That could never happen." I said.

"Why?"

"We live miles apart. I mean what happens after this vacation ends, huh? When I go back to Michigan, what happens to us then? I don't think I'm ready for long-distance relationships. It just doesn't make sense in my head."

The reply I got was a slap across my face.

"Owww!!" I screamed, holding my stinging cheek in my hand, "What the hell was that for?"

"Those are the stupidest things you've ever said. And you have said some pretty stupid things in the past. Now, you're gonna shut up and listen to me. Like, stay quiet for five minutes. Else I'm gonna slap you again. I'm not kidding."

That threat made me stay quiet.

"First, I'm gonna ask you some questions. The only words leaving your mouth should be an answer to my questions. Comprende?" Hayley said,

I nodded silently. I felt like I was being grilled by the FBI or CIA or Interpol or some agency of that sort for committing some heinous crime.

"So, what's my name?" She asked.

Yep, definitely felt like some criminal tribunal situation here. Interrogation was on.

"Hayley Sharp." I answered, rolling my eyes as I did the same.

"What's your name?"

"Skye Miller." I replied, exasperated.

"Good. So that means that the alcohol hasn't completely brain-washed you." Hayley declared.

I smacked my hand to my forehead.

"One bottle of beer doesn't give you amnesia." I told her.

"Skye, I'm serious when I say I'm gonna slap you again. Shut up."

I rolled my eyes for the infinitieth time. I could in no way see how she was planning on prooving me wrong right now. She seemed more determined to prove the ill-effects of alcohol, instead.

"Now, Skye, since its been established that you have not completely lost your mind, I would want you to think back to the past two-three days and tell me the name of the guy who sorted your whole family scenario."

"Cam."

"Okay, now this guy also happens to be your crush, right?"

"Yeah, but-"

"And its plainly obvious he likes you as well. Agreed?"

"Yes, Hayley, b-"

"Okay, so yes, there's the whole distance factor, you both live quite far from each other. But darling what you're so obviously failing to see is that he's Cameron Monroe, the guy who could fix what even Cedric couldn't. And I know from experience that if Cedric can't help you in a situation, its as hopeless a situation as trying to score better than Einstein in physics. But well Cam could help you. He managed to fix things. You think that Cameron Monroe would have a problem managing your relationship? You are a hopeless mess, but he somehow understands that mess, better than even I can sometimes. And you're blowing up the opportunity of being with him, despite the fact that both of you are crazy about each other, because of something as ridiculous as distance. Am I not making sense or what?"

And obviously the idiot Skye had not seen things from that point of view. It was Cameron we were talking about for God's freaking sake. How could I have been so stupid? The desire to bury myself was stronger than ever. I was such an idiot.

"You're right. But, he probably hates me now. Or is convinced I'm a psycho he needs to stay away from." I said, dejectedly.

I had totally screwed things up.

"Well thankfully Cam happens to have some brains, unlike you. I'll send him out. And you better apologise! I'm sure he probably thinks you were just nervous or something. Cheer up." Hayley reassured me.

I nodded. The hopelessness was washing over me like a tsunami.

I watched Hayley march back inside and the minutes seem to stretch till forever before Cameron was outside. And the moment I caught sight of him, I launched off into the little speech I had prepared in the Hayley-Cameron transition.

"CamI'mreallyreallysorryforallthathappenedrightnow.Iwasundertheimpressionwellforgetthatimpressionitwasmebeingtotallyandcompletelystupid.WellyouknowmeandyouknowhowIstartlivingintheseweirdwonderlandsthinkingofthemostridiculousthings.IreallyhopeyoucanforgivemebecauseIwasbeingreallystupidbackthereand-"

I stopped because he started laughing.

That wasn't the reaction I was expecting, to be honest. I was expecting him to say "I'm sorry Skye, but you are too weird and unpredictable for me" and then shatter my heart in a million pieces and leave.

But he instead just laughed.

Then he put his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. I, obviously, did not protest.

"Blue, do you realise that I barely understood anything you said right now?" He said, grinning.

"Oh. Was I speaking that fast?" I asked.

He nodded, that heart-warming smile stuck to his face with superglue. I wasn't complaining, though.

"Well, what I was just trying to say was," I looked into his chocolaty eyes as I said, "I really like you, Cam."

"Then why did you run off like that?" He asked softly, pulling me even closer.

It was like my actions had hurt him. Guilt made me a permanent resident of its lonely villa.

"Because I was being an idiot. You know me, always needing someone to tell her that she's thinking the wrong things, that her train of thought is a derailed one. Right now, Hayley did the job of the train-re-railer. And I realised I had done something really stupid, and I regret it. I mean I regret the running off, not the kiss." I said.

Cameron flashed me a smirk and said, "So you enjoyed the kiss, huh?"

I blushed furiously in reply. He continued his egoistic rant,

"Well I mean, I'm obviously not surprised. All the ladies just love me."

"Oh, sod off!" I said, pushing him away.

He chuckled in reply, and grabbing my wrist, pulled me back towards him. And he kissed me.

I grinned as I kissed him back, my arms wrapped around his shoulders as he pulled me towards him. I stood on a slight tip-toe and he pulled me up, closer towards him. I felt so warm inside, warm and fuzzy, and it was the best feeling in the world.

It left like a few seconds and an eternity at the same time. When we finally pulled away, needless to say, both of us were grinning like Chesires.

"You wanna go get some ice-cream?" Cameron asked.

"You think I would refuse?" I answered with another question.

"Fair enough." He said, walking towards his Dad's car.

His arm wound around my waist and I leaned into him as we got to the car.

"You know considering both of us have had some beer, driving isn't the safest option. Let's walk." I told Cameron as we reached his car.

"Yeah, you're right." He replied, and we started walking towards the ice-cream parlour instead.

"By the way, what's your favourite band from the 90s?" He asked, sometime later.

I thought for a while and answered, "The Backstreet Boys. Why?"

"Just like that."

I grinned. I loved those times when we asked each other random questions. I asked him what his favourite band from the 90s was and he said Guns 'n' Roses. Totally expected.

We asked each other more questions, though it was slightly difficult coming up with questions as we knew quite a bit about each other. But we still made up random questions anyways.

"Chocolate or coffee?" He asked me.

I stared at him for a few solid minutes, unable to make up my mind.

"I dunno." I said in the end. Choosing between two loves of your life was hard.

"But you have to choose one." He persisted.

"Oh now you're going to make me choose just to pester me."

"Of course." He replied cheekily, a smirk plastered on his face.

"If you can name your favourite Coldplay song, I'll answer that question."

"Hey! That's not fair."

It was my turn to smirk now. Cameron gave up because he knew there was no way he could choose one song as his absolute favourite.

After a few minutes, he fished his phone out and played As Long As You Love Me (the one by The Backstreet Boys, not Justin Bieber).

Walking through the quiet streets, snuggling into Cameron's side, listening to one of my favourite songs, I couldn't ask for more now, could I?

After all that had transpired today, I felt like the happiest girl on earth. I was at peace with my past, no longer worrying about two people who didn't care about me like I thought they did, and to top it off, I was with Cameron. My mind was at peace, my mood blissful. I sighed deeply and let the sweetness of the moment envelop me. This was amazing.

______

"What flavour ice-cream do you want?" Cameron asked me as we stood in front of the counter to order some ice-cream.

At this time of the day, the ice cream parlour was deserted, with only a bored looking redhead manning the counter.

"Mint choco-chip." I told him.

He ordered two scoops of that for me, and two scoops of cookie and cream for himself. We took our ice-creams and settled down on a table for two, away from the counter. The redhead at the counter had gone inside the kitchen after giving us our ice creams, so we were completely alone there. I texted Cedric, telling him where I was and that I was with Cameron, so he wouldn't worry.

"So umm Blue, I was thinking. Umm...I don't know how to say this...but umm.."

"First time I'm seeing you nervous, what is it?" I asked Cameron, who was strangely enough not looking my way.

Maybe it was the beer, or the brisk walk till here, but his cheeks were a bit red. I reached across the table and took his hand in mine. He blushed more. When I realized the reason of his blush, heat and colour made their way to my cheeks too. He intertwined our fingers together and gently squeezed my hand.

"Eat your ice-cream, Blue, it's melting." He said, trying to look like he wasn't nervous.

He looked so adorable with that cheeky smile, blushing cheeks and beautiful brown eyes; I couldn't help but lean towards him and kiss him. Wiping the smile off my face was a herculean task, so I stopped trying to do it. I just closed my eyes and savoured the moment. His lips softly brushing against mine, his thumb tracing my cheekbones. We pulled away, a little breathless, both of us blushing like preteens and grinning like Chesires.

"So, what were you gonna say?" I prompted him.

He busied himself with the ice-cream in front of him to avoid answering my question. I laughed at his reaction and realized that my ice-cream was a half-melted, half-frozen love child of smoothie and ice-cream. So I decided to finish it before it became a milkshake. I finished it within seconds, gobbling it up like a hungry wolf preys on his meal. Cameron stared at me with an open mouth and gaping eyes.

"Did you even taste the ice-cream?" He asked.

"Of course I did. And now I have my evil eye on yours."

"No, stay away." He said, putting his arm protectively in front of his ice-cream bowl and holding my predator hand away with his other hand.

"I'll get you another ice-cream if you want. Don't steal mine." He said.

"And what's the fun in that." I pouted.

"Well Blue, you can of course try to steal my ice-cream. But I'll warn you, I won't even let you steal a drop of it."

"Is that a challenge?"

"What does it sound like?"

I fixed him with my smirkiest smirk and he regarded me with his vigilant eyes, trying to ascertain my plan.

I faked a grab from the right side and tried to steal his bowl with my left hand. He was somehow expecting it and managed to pin down both my wrist to the table with his hands. I protested. The phone-stealing-champ was good at saving his ice-cream too. I tried pouting and looking at him with pleading big eyes, quietly begging him for his ice-cream. At first, he stared back defiantly, but then he looked down, shaking his head and let go of my hands. He pushed his bowl towards me and mumbled,

"I can't say no to that look."

I felt my cheeks grow even redder and pushed his ice-cream bowl back to him.

"I was just messing with you. Eat it." I said.

He smiled at me and handed me a spoon and said, "I don't mind sharing."

I grinned and asked, "Are you ever going to tell me what you were mumbling about?"

Cameron smiled shyly before asking, "Would you go out with me, Blue?"

My heart beat so loudly I was afraid it would flutter out of my rib cage and go rest in the clouds. His words were resonating throughout my body, trying to find a part that would comprehend them. He wanted to go out with me? Woahhhhhh.

"So?" He asked.

"Yes. Yes, of course. Why would I say no?"

He smirked at my reply and said, "I knew you've wanted me from day one."

Irolled my eyes and laughed. That idiot. That pervert. That annoying asshole.But I still liked him. That spoke volumes about my mental condition, didn't it?

******

FREAKING 1K COMMENTS JUREXELL N SANTHEGHOST U GUYS ROCK (EVEN THO HALF D COMMENTS ON THE LAST CHAPTER WERE PLANS FOR MY MURDER LOL)

2 updates in 6 hours?

the reason being 2 idiots who make me wanna cry (from happiness) n laugh at the same time...love them both so much that i just cant express it in words...xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

i hope u all liked this chapter!!

btw i have a new book called Teen Life in Words...plz check it out...its just a book full of random rants, inspiring quotes n awkward teen moments...

do tell me what u thot about this part n vote if u liked it...i had tons more stuff to say but i have currently forgotten them sorry!!

the song above is kid in love by shawn mendes...

toodles!!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

65 0 24
Episode 1 (Cinder Cupid): It was a Valentine's Day school dance, and a girl who suffered a poor life was finally asked out to the dance. Meanwhile, C...
504 34 28
**DISCLAIMER: This probably won't be up for more than a month lol. I don't write on here anymore, I just want ideas for this :) ** THURSDAY, SEPTEMBE...
93.1K 2.3K 29
|| highest rank - #1 in BeYourself #1 in Fiction (Nov '19) #1 in Ireland ( Feb '20) || Lea...
1.2K 151 9
Two boys, One roadtrip. Jesse Mason is so close to achieving his biggest dream. He has the amazing opportunity to audition for his dream school. But...