Sweetheart • Alec Lightwood

By crimzun

"Stop calling me that!" "Call you what, sweetheart?" He threw his arm up in frustration. ••• In which a Dow... More

000
Playlist
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
00
009
01
010
011
012
013
014
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
The End • Part 1
The End • Part 2
The End • Part 3
BONUS
Snippets and gifs
BONUS 2
Christmas bonus!

015

30.6K 991 517
By crimzun

Please read the note in the bottom. It's an explanation about why you couldn't read this chapter before.

Alec woke up seeing Axel's sleeping face. He was barely an inch away and Alec was left to think about his lips, the one that spoke to him the whole night and the same one he desperately wanted to kiss. Alec groaned at the urge and rubbed his eyes to wake up completely.

Alec knew he liked Axel. He was constantly on his mind and Alec only wanted to run his fingers through his soft slightly curled brown hair, to kiss those perfect shaped lips of his and he wanted to feel Axel's skin on his. He wanted to do more than that but he was afraid.

Alec shoved those thoughts away and tried to get up from the bed. Since he was lost in his thoughts, Alec didn't notice that Axel had an arm wrapped around him. Axel let out a low growl as if he sensed Alec moving away from him. Small canines came out of Axel's lips and his nail sharpened. Alec immediately shuffled closer to him and the canines and claws were gone. Axel let out a noise of approval and tightened his hold on Alec to make sure he wouldn't go anywhere.

"Sweetheart..." Axel mumbled in his sleep. He shifted slightly as if he was going to wake up but he immediately stopped and Alec knew he was still asleep. Alec had to figure out a way to get out of his protective hold to give the report on the demonic events.

•••

Axel woke up on Magnus's bed the next morning. When he had searched through the house to see if any Shadowhunters or warlock were there, he found out he was left alone. Although he should've been sad about this, Axel had a smile on his face because of the night he shared with his sweetheart.

Unfortunately, he had not slept with Alec but they did talk the entire night with a few 'accidental' touches. Axel was still pissed at Maryse for her poor timing. He had been so close to kissing her son!

Axel laid back on the bed and left his cellphone close to him in case there was an emergency.

•••

Axel woke up hearing his cellphone ring. He groaned at the sudden noise. Without checking the caller id, he answered the call.

"What?" Axel snapped sleepily. He lifted himself from the bed and pushed his hair back. Jace's voice came from the phone and Axel wondered how he got his number. When Jace informed him where to go and that they know where the cup is, Axel stretched and got ready to meet Clare bear, Jace, Isabelle and his sweetheart.

Axel walked towards the group right when Clary walked away. He slid right in between the Lightwood sibling. Axel wrapped his arm around Alec's waist which Alec slapped away. The other arm was wrapped around Isabelle who giggled slightly.

"You called, blondie. So where is the cup?" Axel asked but Jace who looked annoyed walked towards Clary to stop her phone call.

"When am I going to get a nickname? Alec has sweetheart, Clary has Clare bear and even Jace has a nickname!" Isabelle pouted at Axel. Axel thought about it and grinned widely.

"I got it! I'll call you sweet cheeks because it is true." Isabelle laughed and Axel followed her lead. Alec scowled and gave a glare to Axel. Axel immediately stopped laughing when he saw his glare. Alec's glare softened and Isabelle looked at them in awe. They were perfect for each other.

"Don't call her that." Alec ordered him and looked around to see if a demon was in view.

"I was kidding, sweetheart. I'll call her belle because she's the belle to my bête." Axel said giving a kiss on Isabelle's cheek. Isabelle nodded in approval. Axel brought his lips to Isabelle's ear.

"I don't think he wanted you to have a nickname that was almost the same as his." He said and Isabelle bursted out in small giggles.

•••

Axel, Alec and Isabelle entered the building and looked at the woman in front.

"I'm not the distraction." Isabelle said immediately holding her hands up innocently. Alec looked at her in confusion while Axel nodded.

"I'll be the distraction."Axel said before walking towards the woman. He was part incubus so this was going to be easy. He shot a wink at the Lightwood sibling and gave a smile to the lady. His eyes went turquoise for a quick second and the woman became bewitched by his looks.

"What can I help you with?" The woman said looking at him seductively. Axel crinkled his nose. She was not his type. His type was dark, broody and capable of using a bow. Axel faked a smile and leaned on the desk.

"I'm just looking for some information." Axel told her looking at her badged. He glanced at the water bottle and the lady.

"What kind of information?" She said biting her lips. She peered up from her lashes and Axel regretted doing this.

In the back, Isabelle and Alec looked Axel flirting with the lady. Alec was clenching his fists while Isabelle looked at him in amusement. Isabelle hit Alec's arm lightly and turned around to look at his face.

"Take notes, brother." Isabelle said making Alec pause and look at Isabelle in confusion. Isabelle looked at his expression and explained, "For when you're going to ask out Axel."

Axel decided to end this quickly and reached out to take the pamphlets but he spilled the lady's water bottle. Axel apologized over and over again. The woman took out napkins and started wiping the water. Axel threw the badge to Isabelle who was walking in.

"Thank you. I'll leave you to your work." Axel said taking a pamphlet. He was about to walk away but the lady caught his sleeve.

"My shift ends at 9." The lady said and Axel nodded. It's a shame that she would never see him again and that he already had someone who stole his black heart.

•••

It was dark when Clary and Jace finally came out. Axel and Alec walked towards them in hurry. Axel would have hugged her but they had more pressing matters.

"Did you get it?" Alec asked once they met.

"Theoretically." Clary said making her get questioning looks from the others. Clary sighed and explained, "I found the card. I just have to figure out how I reached into my notebook before. It's not an exact science."

"Can't you just pull the Cup out? I saw Jocelyn do it once. Does it work differently with you?" Axel asked her.

"I can, theoretically. I just don't know how to do it. Do you remember ho-"

"Guys." Isabelle said making everyone look at her. They all noticed her necklace that was pulsing. "I think the cup might be the least of our worries."

"Well, at least we know the demon necklace works. Let's go." The Shadowhunters and Axel walked away. Clary, who was slower that them, bumped into an old lady.

"Oh, I am so sorry." Clary apologized and kneeled down to take the purse. Axel walked towards the lady and dug his claws inside her stomach. The old lady gasped and hissed at Axel.

"Tell your other lower class friends that you come after the cup, I come after you. Okay?" Axel said taking out his claws. The demon turned into dust and Axel sighed. "I guess I'll have to get someone else to spread the message or maybe I'll just slaughter them. I like the latter better."

"What the hell?" Clary said looking at the dust in surprise.

"Language." Jace said making Axel grin.

"Ha. I understood that reference." Everyone gave a look to Axel and he immediately looked down. "Sorry, I'll hold off the unnecessary comments."

"How did it find us?" Clary asked. They all speed walked away except Axel that was taking his time.

"I don't know - but she brought friends."

"How can you tell?" Clary asked looking around for demons. Clary looked at Axel in surprise when he saw his claws dig into one of the police officers who then turned into dust.

"It's like seeing through a glamour. You just got to pay attention to the details." Axel answered giving her a grin and a wave.

"But I can't see anything."

"Behind us." Isabelle called out to them. Axel turned around and saw the demon. He was about to go kill it but Alec snatched his wrist and dragged him away. Axel would've been pissed but he just intertwined their fingers together.

"I I still can't see them. Okay, there's too many people."

"I don't say this often, but I agree with Clary. We gotta get out of here." Alec said, looking in pain. He certainly did not like agreeing with Clary.

"Hey, this way!" Clary called out and ran down the stairs. Axel let go of Alec's hand and walked backwards. He ran and jumped off the stairs. He landed on one knee. He got up and took Alec's hand in his.

"I'm sorry. I always wanted to do that." Axel said giving Alec a cheeky grin. Alec's lips twitched up before going back to the usual straight line.

"What's the Unlock rune again?" Clary asked making Axel sigh. He dragged Alec closer to the door to kick it open. Clary gave him a thankful smile which made Axel ruffle her hair with his free hand.

They all walked in but Alec and Axel both stopped.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Jace asked them.

"Holding them off. Take Clary back to the Institute." Alec told him and got his bow and arrow ready. Axel could feel his markings slitter down his arms. He turned it into twin blades.

"Blondie, Belle, take care of Clare bear for me." Jace was about to argue with the demon but Isabelle dragged him away.

•••

The place soon became filled with demons so Axel made Alec go. He didn't want his sweetheart to get hurt and someone had to make sure that Jace didn't screw up.

Axel slaughtered most of the demons and left the tunnels to go to the institute. When he entered the institute, he felt rage taking over him. His little sister was kissing blondie who he hated a lot.

Axel was about to stop them but Alec grabbed him and covered his mouth with his free hand in case Axel resorted into screaming. 

"What the hell, sweetheart? Blondie is fucking kissing my sister and you ar-" Axel said trying to pull himself away from Alec.

"When Clary finds her mother, want to go on a date with me?" That made Axel pause and let out a breathy laugh.

"Of course, sweetheart."

__________________________

IM SO SORRY.

I USE MY IPAD TO WRITE SO LIKE I USE TO HAVE THE OLD VERSION OF WATTPAD AND I UPDATED IT SO NOW IM REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT LIKE HOW IT WORKS. AND I HAD NO IDEA HOW TO SAVE MY CHAPTERS SO LIKE I WOULD ACCIDENTALLY CLICK THE PUBLISH BUTTON BECAUSE THAT WAS WHERE THE SAVE BUTTON WAS BEFORE. IM REALLY SORRY FOR THIS. I DID THIS LIKE THREE TIMES AND IM REALLY SORRY ABOUT THAT. IF I EVER MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE, NOW YOU'LL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. 

ADIOS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.3K 2K 20
Alexander Lightwood. A reserved, loving, protecive Shadowhunter. Magnus Bane. A confident, glittery, powerful Warlock. These two, somehow, met eachot...
11.1K 453 51
-The story of Alec Lightwood- Alec Lightwood the head of the New York Institute meets a warlock (who he doesn't want to accept he likes) What will ha...
134K 4.3K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
251K 8K 59
Alec, the hottest Shadowhunter, and institute leader of New York meets one of the opressed downworlders Magnus Bane. Unfortunately he has to work wit...