018

While Axel was taking his walk, he had not expect to bump into Magnus. It seemed that the Institute was attacked by a Forsaken and they called Magnus for protection spells. They also made the Warlock bring in the blue eyed demon/deal making demon. Magnus had tracked Axel while he was on his walk. He dragged him along to the Institute while giving Axel advice on making Knightwood canon.

Both boys arrived in the designated place and got ushered in by Shadowhunters. Magnus used his blue mist of magic to put protection wards around the Institute. Axel couldn't use magic since he was a demon so he embedded the earth in front of the Institute with a black gem which held powers linked with the markings on his neck so he would be alerted if downworlders came close. It would burn lightly and allow him to attack the downworlder without being there so he could protect the Institute that Alec considered home.

"Are the wards solid now? Nothing will get through?" Robert, Alec's father, asked the Warlock. Axel was leaning against the wall waiting for him to finish.

"Even my magic has limits." Magnus rolled his eyes at the question. Even if he was the High Warlock, it didn't mean he could do the impossible. "The wards won't hold off that Forsaken attack. But my protections will slow them down. My gem that Axel used to put his power in would help more."

"Extra time is priceless." Robert muttered. Axel and Magnus both chuckled.

"Say that after you get my bill." Magnus said, making Axel clear his throat. "And Axel's, of course."

"Lydia will take care of that." Robert grinned before leaving. Alec appeared with one of his arms wrapped in bandages. Axel shot up, seeing the wound and immediately approached the raven haired archer.

"What the hell? The Forsaken hurt you?" Axel asked, worried and angry. "Are you okay? Are you in pain? Because I can take it away if you want, sweetheart."

Alec raised an eyebrow at his worry and allowed him to grab his arm to take away the pain. Axel licked his lips anticipating the pain that he would get to feed on. He had fed before on his walk - which was the goal of his walk - but it wasn't enough since Magnus took him back to the Institute.

"I'm fine." Alec said, answering one of his question. He could feel the pain leaving him. Axel's eyes were closed as if he was feeling the breeze on a hot summer day. When he opened his eyes, they were glowing turquoise. Alec looked at his eyes, watching the glow as if it was the most beautiful thing - which it was for him. He sighed and answered the rest. "Yes, the Forsaken hurt me and no, I'm not in pain anymore because of you, Axel. Thank you for that."

"Good because if anything were to happen to you-" Axel started but got cut off by his sweetheart.

"Axel, I'm good." Alec chuckled quietly at his worrying. He suddenly felt guilty for proposing to Lydia and he felt extra bad for not telling Axel. He was leading him on and it was unfair.

"I gotta go. I should find this Lydia person. Payment upfront is just smart business. I'll handle your payment, Axel. Bye." Magnus said, not wanting to see them flirting. It was cute but he didn't want to accidentally ruin the moment.

Axel turned to look at Alec but hissed in pain when his markings burned. Alec frowned and looked at him in worry.

"I embedded a black gem in front of the Institute that would alert me of when a downworlder would enter the perimeter. It allows me to attack them without being there. Convenient for me. I didn't think that it would hurt this much." Axel explained. Alec nodded in understanding and smiled gratefully at him for protecting the Institute. His face suddenly grew dark.