013

"Where is she? Where's Clary?" Jace shouted at Alec and Axel. The latter glared at Jace and let out a frustrated sigh.

"Are you brain dead? Because I'm pretty sure I told you that Clary is gone on the phone!" Axel told Jace who ran his finger in his hair and glared at Axel.

"What do you mean, gone?" Jace empathized on the gone. Alec didn't open his mouth so Axel answered for him.

"It means she's not here. Seriously, did you go to school because I'm pretty sure everyone knows what gone means." Axel snarled at Jace. His stupidness was irritating him. He just wanted to sink his claw inside of him and rip his throat out but he couldn't because Alec would never talk to him again and he would be disgusted by him.

"She and Simon got arrested when I was securing the fire escape. I got distracted." Alec piped up and grabbed Axel's bicep so he wouldn't attack Jace. He slowly slid down his grip onto Axel's hand and intertwined their fingers.

"The mundane was here?" Jace questioned making Axel roll his eyes.

"Do you not listen? He just said Simon's name, dumbass." Axel snapped at him. It would take more than hand holding to make him not attack Jace.

"Simon? He's gone, too?" Isabelle asked but already knew the answer. Axel knew Isabelle had feelings for the soon to be vampire so he let go of Alec's hand and wrapped his arm around Isabelle.

"It was an unmarked car. I don't know where they took her." Alec supplied them with information about her disappearance. Axel had an arm wrapped around Isabelle's shoulder and the other one was tucked in his pocket.

"We need to parabatai track." Jace said before giving his hand to Alec. Since they had no object that Clary wore before she was gone, Axel couldn't use his tracking.

"Alec, concentrate." Jace said frustrated by everything. "Alec!"

"I'm doing it. She's not showing up." Alec defended himself taking his hand back. Oddly enough, Alec didn't crave Jace's touch but Axel's.

"Just like I thought. She wasn't arrested." Jace said pensive about everything. He looked back at Alec and Axel and narrowed his eyes.

"It was your job to look after her." Jace said to both of them. Axel removed his arm from Isabelle and clenched his fists.

"We did and it was your job to teach her how to defend herself which you did not do as well as you thought. Clary needs to learn how to fight. We're not always going to be there to protect Clary." Axel defended himself and Alec. Jace was beginning to get on his nerves. "And anyway, they won't kill her since they think she has the cup so we still can save her."

"You guys could've still prevented this." Jace argued and Axel had enough of it. Axel punched Jace making him stagger back.

"Are you so blinded by your feelings for Clary that you've lost sight of us? Clary snuck out. I went after her to protect her. I did nothing you haven't done a thousand times before." Alec said pushing Axel behind him in case he punched him again. Although Alec wanted to hit Jace too, they needed to find Clary.

"Yes, you did. You lost her."

"Enough, all of you." Isabelle said. "Alec and Axel were protecting her but if it was you, Jace, they would have still captured Clary. So now, can we just concentrate on getting Clary and Simon back." All three of them nodded.