I've Never Cried

By flair237

"I've Never Cried" is one of the best Jemi stories I have ever written. There are so many twists and turns, l... More

Chapter One - "Wow."
Chapter Two - "Demi"
Chapter Three - "That's MY Song."
Chapter Four - "Don't Tell Anyone"
Chapter Five - "Is That a Problem?"
Chapter Six - "Your Secret"
Chapter Seven - "A Thousand and One"
Chapter Eight - "Marry You?"
Chapter Nine - "Don't Say You're Mad at Me"
Chapter Ten - "A Thing?"
Chapter Eleven - "Quiet"
Chapter Twelve - "A Sweet Kiss"
Chapter Thirteen - "Never Even Mine to Begin With"
Chapter Fourteen - "You Don't Care."
Chapter Fifteen - "This Was Never About You and Me."
Chapter Sixteen - "Please."
Chapter Seventeen - "Broke Up"
Chapter Eighteen - "Taking Things Slow"
Chapter Nineteen - "A Month"
Chapter Twenty - "It's Not What I Feel For You"
Chapter Twenty-one - "He's Mine."
Chapter Twenty-two - "I'm Just Trying to be Your Brother."
Chapter Twenty-three - "The BIGGEST Mistake." (rated R)
Chapter Twenty-four - "I Ruined Everything."
Chapter Twenty-five - "I Couldn't. I Wouldn't."
Chapter Twenty-six - "Don't Bother."
Chapter Twenty-Seven - "Something, Nothing, Anything."
Chapter Twenty-eight - "I Had to Tell my Brother."
Chapter Twenty-Nine - "Don't Give Me That Bullshit"
Chapter Thirty - "Selena was a Mystery"
Chapter Thirty-one - "Two Broken Hearts"
Chapter Thirty-Two - "Okay"
Chapter Thirty-Three - "Please Forgive Me."
Chapter Thirty-Four - "Plates"
Chapter Thirty-five - "I Want You."
Chapter Thirty-six - "You Owe Me."
Chapter Thirty-seven - "Don't Question My Kindness."
Chapter Thirty-eight - "The Painting."
Chapter Thirty-nine- "A Different Point of View"
Chapter Forty - "Happy Birthday."
Chapter Forty-one - "Still Swinging."
Chapter Forty-two - "I Wanted Him More."
Chapter Forty-three - "Just LET Me."
Chapter Forty-four - "Bleeding."
Chapter Forty-six - "ChapStick"
Chapter Forty-seven - "Lethal"
Chapter Forty-eight - "Going Back."
Chapter Forty-nine - "Promise Me."
Chapter Fifty - "Shower"
Chapter Fifty-one - "Partners."
Chapter Fifty-two - "Are You Serious?"
Chapter Fifty-three - "Complications and Frustrations."
Chapter Fifty-four - "Scotch, Weed, and Sleepless Nights."
Chapter Fifty-five - "Say Something."
Chapter Fifty-six - "A Different Point of View (pt. 2)
Chapter Fifty-seven - "The Unknown"
Chapter Fifty-eight - "Crippling."
Chapter Fifty-nine - "Love of my Life."
Chapter Sixty - "Screaming."
Chapter Sixty-one - "Stay."
Chapter Sixty-Two - "Painkillers."
Chapter Sixty-three - 'Revelations'
Chapter Sixty-Four - "Guilt."
Chapter Sixty-Five - "Horrible Person."
Chapter Sixty-six - "Jealous."
Chapter Sixty-seven - "Christmas Morning."
Chapter Sixty-eight - "Letting Go."
Chapter Sixty-nine - "For the Sex."
Chapter Seventy - "Insane."
Chapter Seventy-one - "How It Ends." (Finale)

Chapter Forty-five - "A Standstill Universe."

1K 44 16
By flair237

"I've Never Cried"

Chapter Forty-five

'A Standstill Universe.'

Scene...

Back at the Museum

Joe's POV

The moment we first entered the room, it was pitch black. Every light was turned off, every curtain was closed, and every nerve in my body was vibrating in anxiety. Demi's hand was still wrapped in mine, and I squeezed it tightly. It was my brief moment of realization that this was my last chance. I had used everything in me to create this moment for her, and if she didn't like it, I would have to let her go. I wasn't prepared to lose her for good. 

Not yet.

"Joe?" She asked, noticing my nervousness. "What am I supposed to be looking at?"

I could hear the smile on her face; she was obviously much more excited than I'd anticipated, and my anxiety quickly lifted. 

"This." I switched on the lights in the room, and every inkling of hard work that I'd put into it immediately came into our vision. "Happy Birthday."

I watched her expression carefully, hoping desperately that she liked it. She was silent at first, her eyes adjusting to the new brightness around her.

Then, finally, a smile.

And not just any smile. A happy, excited, genuine smile.

"Oh my god," she said as she began to stroll around the room. I watched her every movement, one corner of my mouth pulled upward. Her hands floated across the top of the grand piano, over the buckets of tambourines and maracas, across the strings of the guitars that hung upon the walls. Her eyes followed the floor beneath her, her feet gliding across the large black treble clef painted on the wooden surface. Then her gaze fell upon the mural.

"Oh wow," she whispered. She placed her palm over the painting of herself, and I approached her, standing immediately beside her so I could see her face. 

"I love your smile," I said, but I doubted she heard me. She was so entranced in the painting, her fingers dancing along each line.

"This is . . . ," she blinked, breaking her trance and looking up at me. "This is incredible. You did this?"

"I had a little help," I said, stepping nearer to her. I wanted to hold her right then; she was just so adorable. But I had to remind myself that she didn't belong to me just yet. I had a few more things to say to her before that could happen.

"Joe, I love this. I . . . I can't believe you did all of this for me." Her eyes shimmered like diamonds, and much to my surprise, she grabbed my hands, and laced her fingers in between each of mine. The feeling got my heart going faster than it ever had before. This was the first time she'd made a romantic gesture since our split that didn't involve me prompting her. It felt amazing; almost like she loved me again.

I managed to force out some words, despite the fact that I felt I would pass out.

"Demi, you're my world," I said, my smile growing larger along with hers. "If this doesn't prove to you how much I want you in my life, nothing will." 

Her eyes kept jumping around the room; her excitement was nowhere near contained. 

Cautiously, I removed one of my hands from hers, and brought it to her chin. This called her full attention, and her eyes finally focused deeply on my own.

And in that moment with her - that moment of complete and utter silence, of a standstill universe - I could see Demi's heart shining through her eyes. It was new, and it brought light into her never-ending smile. The best part about it? 

She felt it too.

"You are an incredible man, Joseph Adam." She squeezed my one hand more tightly as she came closer to me, her nose just inches from mine. "I know my vanity wouldn't let me say it before, but I missed you too."

I wanted so badly to kiss her, but I had more to say. Slowly, I removed my hand from her chin and replaced it onto her waist as I began to speak. I kept my eyes on hers.

"I know I've said this probably way too many times, Dem. But I have to say it again because I have to be sure that you understand." Her smile remained upon her face, and with every word I said, she came just the slightest bit closer. "I hate that I broke your heart, and I hate that I made you cry. I hate that I lost you. But Demi, I can't lose you again."

"Mm-hmm," she grinned.

Her nose was touching mine now; my heart was thudding so loudly I was sure she could hear each beat.

"I love you," I whispered, trying to focus on what I was saying. Demi was making that extremely difficult, mainly because I'd forgotten how touchy-feely she was before our breakup. I hadn't expected her to bounce back just yet, but I couldn't say I wasn't pleased. 

"I see that," she said, a small giggle erupting from behind that smile. Her playfulness was getting the better of me. I wasn't even sure I still needed to ask. I tried not to laugh as I exhaled my final question.

"Will you please forgive me, and let me into your life again?"

In a blink, Demi rose to her toes, and placed her lips upon mine. Her fingers left my own and made their way up behind my neck as she pulled me nearer.

And damn, it felt good.

JJDL

*****Today is my 20th birthday, (May 13th!) so I thought I'd post some happiness after all the drama. *****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 507 16
in which Joe burrow falls for the new bengals cheerleader but what will he do when she finds out who her family really are
45K 217 57
You are related to Addison You meet Bryce hall over social media Some of your friends are in London Let's read
317K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
4.2K 93 7
STARRING SARAH HYLAND AS DAISY JUDGE π“π˜π‹π„π‘ 𝐖𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐗 πŽπ‚ i like shiny things, but i'd marry you with paper rings rankings: #1 in tyler w...