Chapter Ten - "A Thing?"

"I've Never Cried"

Chapter Ten

'A Thing?'

Scene . . .

Driving home from Disneyland

Joe's POV

"So, how exactly did you and my brother meet? It seemed like you two had some kind of history." I mentioned from the driver's seat of my car. Demi leaned against the window in the passenger seat, juggling her phone in her hands. She was as beautiful as ever, the natural smile on her face glowing as bright as day. I wanted to stare at her for hours. My fingers craved to comb through her hair, and swivel it into loose spirals. Her beauty was outstanding, inside and out.

"Well," she began, her lips twitching up into a smile

"Well," she began, her lips twitching up into a smile. She shifted her body toward me, and watched me as I drove. "Obviously, Selena and Nick have been dating for a little over a year. I visited her during spring break a while back, which happened to be the day that she had her new boyfriend over. When I first met Nick, I was SUCH a nerd," I quickly turned and grinned at her before she continued.

"I was paler than Selena is now, which was horrible; I looked like a ghost. I had a gap you could fit your thumb into, super long, reddish-brown hair -natural color by the way- that made my head look square. And I was short and pretty chubby."

"Anyway, I didn't really stay around Nick. Selena had always been super skinny, so I never felt like I compared to her. Nick never bullied me or anything, but whenever he would give a smart remark, we'd flirt. It was never anything serious. I'd only been there for a week anyway. I barely got to know him."

I pulled into Selena's driveway, parked the car, and leaned toward Demi. "So you guys had a 'thing'?" I asked, jokingly. She ceased her phone in her hands and leaned back toward me.

"Is someone a little jealous?" She thumped my nose and got out of the car. I quickly followed her, unintentionally slamming my car door.

"So you admit you guys had a 'thing' with each other?" I yelled after her, running in her direction.

She stopped, whirled around, and pointed a finger towards me. I paused in front of it, causing it to jab against my chest painfully. "I admit NOTHING," A grin appeared on her face, and she winked at me before stalking into her house.

"Ow . . ." I groaned with a smile, rubbing the small area. I followed her abruptly into the familiar building, my mind being thrown in different directions. Closing the door behind me, I walked into the kitchen with my hand against my temple. "Demi, what are you- whoa." My sentence was cut off by the sight in front of me. My jaw dropped, and I snapped it up, quickly shaking off what I'd just seen.

Selena stood in front of Demi in only a two-piece bikini, posing and grinning. I had to admit, she looked really hot. Her body had more curve to it than I had originally thought. Demi was giggling with her and was constantly complimenting every part of her. 

"Oh my gosh, Sel! It's so cute! It looks amazing on you! Did you get me one?" Demi gushed. I would never understand the female mind.Selena nodded at Demi and reached for a Pink shopping bag. I heard a small squeal from Demi as she took the small gift, and smiled.

I cleared my throat, "Excuse me? Am I interrupting something?" Both girls quickly turned to me, and bursted out laughing.

"Sorry, Joe," Demi giggled, giving Selena the bag back and trudging over to me."Can you wait in the living room?" She squeezed my palm briefly and beamed. I tucked her hair behind her ears.

"Absolutely." A hum of a laugh fell through her lips, and she hugged me gently. I held her once more, embracing her raspberry-like scent. I noticed Selena watching us intently; her lips pressed into a hard, somewhat envious line. It confused me for a brief moment, but Demi released me from the hug before I could address it. Walking into the living room, I plopped onto the couch; my arms behind my head.

A quiet girly murmur erupted from the kitchen, "Oooohh, Demi's got a boyfriend . ." I heard Selena taunting.

"Shut up!" Demi's muffled voice rang. I raised my eyebrows and grinned to myself.

The TV show playing was some Spanish game show with stick thin girls in red sequined dresses prancing across the screen. Carelessly, I listened to the jumbled language, not feeling the need to find the remote. The white-haired, heavyset host had a thick voice and a quick tongue. The two girls in the sparkly red dresses, wore too much make-up and were skeleton like. These were the things that made me feel that Demi was great. She had curves and flaws. She wasn't some pin-up girl that was impossibly thin. Selena was beautiful, but I was actually grateful that Demi didn't look like her, the way she'd said she once wanted to. In my eyes, up until a couple of minutes prior, Selena had nothing you could hold. Demi, however, had a figure. She was an hourglass, and I wasn't complaining.

Out of nowhere, the TV screen went black. Nick appeared in front of me, swinging his keys around his index finger, the remote in his left hand.

"Come on, dude," He said, a smirk appearing on his face. "We're taking the girls to the beach."

JJDL

*****Leave your comments!*****