Chapter Thirty-Four - "Plates"

"I've Never Cried"

Chapter Thirty-Four

'Plates'

Scene...

Continuing

Joe's POV

I held her hands there in mine, watching her face for any sign of hope. I wanted her heart back so badly; I just couldn't imagine losing her forever. Every bone in my body knew that she belonged to me - that she would be my wife. I loved her more than she knew, and even more than I could ever convey.

"Demi," I tried again, lifting my hand to her cheek. Her brown eyes fluttered up at me. "Please, take me back. I promise, I will never hurt you again."

Her beautiful brown orbs darted down to my lips, and then back up at my eyes. I took my chance, leaned in, and kissed her so slowly, so softly, so sincerely.

In that moment, when her lips danced with mine, I was sure I had her back

In that moment, when her lips danced with mine, I was sure I had her back. She kissed me like she missed me, but kept her hands down in her lap. It could have gone on forever - God, how I wished it would - but I pulled away from her, and waited for a verbal response.

"You love me?" She asked, her face so close to mine that I could feel the words hit me.

"Yes."

She lifted her hand up to her cheek, and placed her palm over my own. For a moment, she held it there, as if she took the time to decide what she truly wanted. Her fingers then slid down to my inner elbow, and she pulled my hand away. I watched her face change and become slightly angered. Her tone was harsh and her eyes stared me down.

"Then FIGHT for me." With that she stood, leaving me in shocking confusion as she headed for the kitchen.

Suddenly my anger took over me, as I had realized that she was toying with me from the moment I kissed her. She'd given me false hope, and my heart fell to pieces. I stood too, angrily chasing her into the kitchen.

She began slamming cabinets and drawers, frantically and angrily in search of something. I screamed, sure I was waking someone in the hotel from their slumber.

"What the hell else can I do, Demi?! Huh?! I am SORRY. Why can't you see that?" Suddenly, Demi began grabbing dishes from the cabinets, hurling them at the floor. Glass flew everywhere, but she continued, breaking plate after plate, a repetitive, nearly psychotic loop.