White Rose Underwater: A RWBY...

By Sapphire_Darkhouse

Weiss Schnee, a young mermaid who just have turned of age discovered that her stepmother- the Queen currently... More

An odd birthday gift
The girl on the shore
First day on land
Probable Intention
Sisters and girlfriends
What now?
That Day out in Vale
Greater Good
Both of us
Too early...?
Visitors
Of that what she yearned
An heir's wish
Mermaid's heart
The fear of loving
Dangerous. Broken. Home.
Back at last
A drop on still water
Home of the white rose
A walk to remember
Clarity won't hurt. Separation will.
The distance between us.
Dangerous waters
Voiceless Siren
Forewarning for a broken heart
Give me time
Dawn parting
Epilogoue: The Hard Way
Epilogue: The Happily Ever After
READ ME OR ELSE...

Visitors...again.

2.3K 87 33
By Sapphire_Darkhouse

A/N: Another one! \>w</ I hope you like it <(;;~;;<)
=============

General POV

After their visitors scrambled to go to the aid of their teammates, Weiss and Ruby were finally left to do what they wanted.

The first ordeal of business were the places the mermaid asked for. Dust shops? They visited five or six in the city alone. Book shops? Benn there and took a few history books and Ruby a new novel to amuse her. Cafe's? Too many to visit all at once so they settled for frappes before heading back home.

Soon the sun was going down and more stories have been exchanged. It was tiring but fun. Weiss wasn't so bad to keep as company as the mermaid could say the same  when she was with Ruby.

"Wanna hang out by the beach? Let's watch the sunset." Ruby offered, slurping the remains of her coffee-free vanilla frappe.

"Sounds wonderful~!" Weiss could watch the sun as she wanted to for a long time now. It was just exhilarating because she never did it before.

All these sensations as a human was odd but the more she learned, the more reasons she found to stay on land. All the books she never read, the movies that were interesting, sights that she needs to see--the wonders on land were never ending.

The pair were soon walking to the shore, the mermaid following Ruby as she skipped along the shore, carrying her shoes.

"So Weiss, since you're a princess and all, aren't you used to attendants?" The curious teen asked as she balanced on top of a rock.

"Well, not exactly. I prefer doing things on my own if I could. After all, my room is a house itself. I don't really like going out of my chamber." The mermaid answered, her steps freezing the water under her shoes then soon fading as the water washed it away.

"So, you hide? Why?" Ruby asked, settling on top of the rock she had conquered.

Weiss followed and took a seat next to Ruby by the rock and removed her coat and shoes as she glued her eyes to the horizon, the  sky painted oranges and crimson. A smile came to her lips.

"Because I was the only mermaid with semblance at the royal family. Well, I don't know with my sister but often I was called a...witch." She said with pain at the very last word. The princess carried a fear of rejection yet her father and stepmother expects her to rule kingdom. She was expecting a revolution as they would question her authority and agenda.

That was bound to happen but not now...

No one wants a witch for a queen.

"Psshh--hahahahha!!!"  Ruby broke to a laugh, sitting next to Weiss. "Really?! Wow! That's a first. Mermaids aren't supposed to have semblances, huh?"

Weiss nodded grimly as she continued watching the sun dip. It was very rare to have semblances with mermaids, much less mermaids. She was then subject of hush talks and rumors. It wasn't easy.

"So you have a sibling? Winter?" The scythe-wielder asked, joining the princess watching the sun dip. It was a beautiful scenery and she could tell that Weiss was enjoying herself.

"Ah, yes but let's not mention here. I'm sure where she is, she's content. She came to land at my age and...I guess she attended school to stay." Winter guesses as se wouldn't know otherwise. The siblings haven't had contact for quite a while.

"Hmmm...I hope you see her while you're here." Ruby smiled at her. Indeed...how she did miss her sister.

"I hope the same."

Since she came here, it's been...refreshing. So many things she never saw--it was quite exhilarating despite her excitement. Too many things at once, Weiss sometimes got dizzy. But still, she had to look for the very thing that the key opened.

They key her mother gave her. What does it open...? It's been bothering her for quite a while now. Whatever it was, she had to find out as soon as possible.

For now, she enjoyed the scenery as the sun dunked at the edge of the ocean, smiling as she was fascinated by it. Ruby seemed to be joyful as well as they watched.

"Oh! Oh! Make a wish!" Ruby pointed the last bit of the sun dipping. Weiss didn't know why humans make wishes on that part but she did anyway.

"Let me find what I was looking for."

It was all Weiss wanted. To find what she was looking for but in all honestly, she doesn't know what it was. Whatever it was, she hopes she finds it.

Ruby smiled at her direction and hugged her for some apparent reason. Right now, Weiss didn't mind at all.

Finally, the sun vanished and the skies darkened as the last streaks of oranges and yellows stayed. It was time for them to go home.

"Shall we, milady?" Ruby stood and held her hand out for Weiss which made her chuckle.

"Of course..~" The girl took Ruby's hand and stood up, grabbing her things with her.

Ruby skipped and jumped off the rock and Weiss was just behind her. This day turned out quite well than either of them expected.

Until the waves splashed on both of them. The tides were going higher and higher which made Ruby and Weiss scamper away from the water but the mermaid new better.

"Run..." Weiss muttered in utter horror. Ruby confused, took out Crescent Rose but the other just forced it back. "Run, Ruby! RUN!!"

Weiss didn't bother with her things and stored it away in her storage before she bolted with Ruby. They ran away further from the water but something was catching up...something that wanted Weiss.

"Princess...Schnee..." A ghostly voice called which made both shiver.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" Weiss took out Myrtenaster and made a full wall of ice. Twelve feet tall and a meter thick to stop whoever was pursuing them and bolted away with Ruby.

"Inside!" Ruby opened the door for Weiss at their home. They ran that far but whoever was pursuing them was still at it.

"PRINCESS SCHNEEE!!!" Another call, this time stronger and Weiss was mot determined to know who was it but she risked a glance.

Who she saw terrified her. A girl she knew too well...

"Emerald..." Before she could process what was going on, Ruby pulled her and bolted away from the shore, further in land.

"Hold on!!" Ruby ran away and Weiss did as she was told. She held on to Ruby for life literally.

Emerald Sturai. The kingdom's assassin.

Weiss had more danger than she expected.

After what seemed an eternity, Ruby came to a halt and fell on her knees, panting for air and worn out. She got them both out of danger for now.

"Ruby! You dolt! Don't do that again to yourself!" Tears stung at the mermaid's eyes, panicking because Ruby was sweating so much, still trying to catch her breath.

"Who...was...that?" She asked in between her breaths.

"I-I'll tell you later. Let's go somewhere you can rest." Weiss looked for a hotel and checked in. They were at the edge of Vale, northwest of the sea. It was a long run but no one would catch them there.

Weiss laid Ruby on the bed and got them both food for dinner and water. While she waited, she helped Ruby feel better by removing her shoes, placing Crescent Rose by the side and loosening Ruby's clothes. That way, she won't need much effort later to move.

"Weiss...what was that?" Ruby groaned after a while. Weiss helped her sit up as she wanted to.

"That...was a mermaid. She's Emeral Sturai and she's here to kill me."

That made both of them shudder.
One felt dread...
One felt worry...
Both felt fear...

"Why?" Ruby asked to break the silence.

Weiss bit her lip. Even she doesn't know why. "No idea."

"She's a mermaid...assassin? How did she reach you here in land?" Weiss didn't know to that question either.

Ruby felt awful for the girl but one thing...she wanted one thing from Weiss right now.

"Whatever happens..." Ruby wrapped her arm around Weiss, hugging her tight. "...don't leave me."

Silence.

"Why?" Tears were flowing down the mermaid's cheeks.

Ruby smiled at her and kissed her tears away. This made Weiss question herself about a million matters at once. Why did this human want her around now that she was in danger? Why? It was so confusing!

"Because I'm in your care! Besides, you're the next best thing in my life. I won't let you leave."

Weiss cried and broke down. Ruby hugged her tight the night.

Someone...someone was willing to stay. Someone was willing to have her even if she was placing that person in danger.

"That's what friends are for."
================
Boooomm!!! \OoO/ I have finished another chappie, hoomans! \>w</

Comment, vote and share this stowii plesh? <(QoQ<) Sankyuuuu~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 84 17
Weiss Schnee, the heiress of the Schnee Dust Company. Ruby Rose, the girl that wears a red hood almost all the time. Yang Xiao Long, the blonde beaut...
11.2K 502 21
Do you believe there are such things as the Devil and the Angel? That the Angel would protect you if you are good while the Devil would do whatever i...
6.5K 234 21
Once upon a nightmare, the Schnee welcomed old family friends in their time of need; their young children formed a durable friendship over time that...
47.6K 2.1K 17
She did it. She won. The kingdoms were too late in uniting against her, and Salem achieved her victory. Now you, an immortal friend to both Ozma and...