Mischief On Earth ✔

drizzlestarstone tarafından

Who's that? Uh. That would be, ahem, Tom Hiddleston. And he plays - me? Well - yes. I suppose so. |*| Meet Lo... Daha Fazla

Author's Note
Of Disendowments And Dwarves
Of Calls And Crushes
Of Lies And Landings
Of Warmth And Wishes
Of Costumes And Commands
Of Trolleys and Toothbrushes
Of Courting And Camelot
Of Jokes and Jalapenos
Of Flames And Fears
Of Dresses And Dungeons
Of Masks And Malice
Of Prison And Promises
Of Legends And Love
Of Kings And Kisses
Of Ships And Stories
Of Admiration And Attacks
Of Trials And Tribulations
Of Coffee And Caramel
Of Bruises And Bitterness
Of Gifts And Glasses
Of Glory And Gold
Of Marriage And Mistakes
Of Loneliness And Love
Of Doubt And Death
Of Bingo And Betrayal
Of Trust And Truth
Of Faith And Friendship
Of Running And Realization
Of Confessions And Control
Of Judge And Jury
Of Hope And Happiness
Of Epilogue And Ending

Of Actors And Agreements

496 62 15
drizzlestarstone tarafından

Kyra's mouth fell open in horror as the memories of last night came flooding back. She cringed as Loki eyed her with an arched eyebrow.

Yesterday wasn't some crazy dream? Oh gosh. I really did throw up all over him....and it was my fault he slept half-naked in my bed.....But wait a minute. This also means......

She eyed the man sitting opposite her. She'd expected a god to be more muscled and buff, but Loki wasn't. He was tall and lean and lithe, and muscular in a sinewy way. As she ran an eye over his bare chest she felt her pulse quickened.

Stop ogling you idiot. She averted her eyes quickly.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I'll.....get your shirt dry-cleaned. And um, sorry for all the vomit....and trouble."

Loki shrugged. "I am accustomed to dealing with drunkards. It is the vomit that is - repulsive."

Kyra flushed. But his words made her curious.

"Accustomed to drunkards? You mean......"

"My brother. Thor. There was a time when he would party for weeks. Needless to say he was also drinking for weeks. I had to help him to his chambers every night. A bulky blonde warrior is of far more trouble than a mere mortal like you."

Kyra wasn't sure if she should be flattered or insulted.

His next words were in a business-like tone. "So. About your three wishes. What does your heart most desire?"

Desire. "Well - um. Uh....." Kyra's eyes flicked all over the place before she suddenly burst out, "Can you please put some clothes on? It's - distracting!"

Loki's eyebrows flew sky-high and Kyra flushed.

"I - I mean it's not as if we're close or anything, and you're just wandering around half-naked....and you - you don't even have anything worthy to show.......just put on a shirt!" she yelled before leaping off her bed and marching over to her wardrobe.

Loki watched her go and the corners of his lips seemed to lift just the slightest.

Kyra fumbled around for the biggest shirt she could find. It was a shirt that she had received from some motivational camp two months ago, and as everyone knows camps always get your clothes size wrong. Hers had been two sizes bigger.

Loki looked at it and frowned.

"Believe And Succeed. Love Life," he read out loud. "My my, aren't you an optimistic one."

Kyra ignored him and kept her face focused on a white work blouse.

"Just put it on," she said.

There was some rustling of fabric.

"Done."

She turned back around. The shirt looked rather tight on him, but he wore it well.

"I am anxious to get this over with. So name me your three wishes and let us be done."

Kyra stared. "I have one month don't I? One month to order you around?" Loki's lips curled at the word. "I don't need to answer now!

"I have so many things I want that I don't even know where to start!" Kyra started pacing. "I'll need to make a list. Weigh down the pros and cons. I'll have to decide on the best three! Then I'll tell you."

Kyra paused. "Until then - you're stuck with me. And you're bounded, so you'll have to do all I say." She smiled happily. "My very own servant!"

Loki pondered. Slowly he stood up. Locking his eyes on Kyra he approached her, his movements feline and soundless.

Kyra leaned backwards even as he neared.

"W-what?" she stuttered as their faces came to only inches apart.

"You do know who I am?" he breathed. "The God of Mischief? The one responsible for the destruction of New Mexico? Are you sure you can keep a......servant like me under your bidding?"

Kyra blinked. "But you're not a god now. You don't have powers anymore, you're just a human! And trust me, I'm an expert in dealing with humans."

She gave Loki a reassuring pat on the shoulder, a cheerful smile, and walked out of the room.

Loki's jaw clenched in resignation. Blast, this mortal is smart. He looked over at the sceptre that rested against a table. How the mighty have fallen indeed.

"By the way," he called, "are Midgard mortals so desperate for status that they delude themselves by wearing Asgardian robes?"

"What?" was the reply from the living room. There was a sound of a machine being started up.

Loki walked out of the bedroom and found Kyra in the kitchen. She had just started up the washing machine, but had packed Loki's tunic in a bag for the cleaners.

As Kyra made coffee he told her about what he had witnessed yesterday.

"Ah that! Yesterday was the San Diego Comic-Con. People dress up as characters from stories."

Loki frowned. "I....am in a story?"

Kyra nodded as she buttered some toast. After some hesitation she took out a second plate.

"Yep. Here." She took her phone and switched on the Internet. A quick search brought up the handsome British actor.

"Tom Hiddleston. He acts as you."

Loki eyed the photo with suspicion. "I am not blonde. He should have played the part of Thor."

"Aish, a quick hair dye solves that!" Kyra filled both plates and handed both to Loki.

"Take it to the dining table. I'm getting the coffee."

Loki looked about to object, but in the end grudgingly complied. It was a strange feeling for him, to do what he saw was servant's work. But he was no longer on Asgard, and he would have to adapt.

One sip of coffee however, soon had him spluttering.

"Pah! What in Bor's name is this foul brew?"

Kyra giggled. "It's called coffee. Here, put in more sugar."

It took three tablespoons of sugar before Loki pronounced it fit for consumption.

"Someone's got a sweet tooth," Kyra commented.

Loki bit hesitantly into the toast and it wasn't so bad. He took a larger bite. To be honest he was ravenous; his last meal had been yesterday's breakfast in Asgard.

Kyra watched him wolf down the toast. She gave a small chuckle of laughter. Quietly she pushed the plate forward before getting up to make herself more. No sense in starving my fairy godmother.

Loki was halfway through Kyra's plate before realizing that it was hers. He swallowed it down, hesitated, then thanked her gruffly.

"No problem!" was the chirpy reply. She came back with two more plates and Loki's eyes gleamed.

"You called me a strange name yesterday," he said between bites, "and I would like to know its meaning."

He swallowed. "What is a boy-friend?"

Kyra choked on her coffee and coughed violently.

Loki waited, a piece of toast chewing in his mouth.

"Um...well..." Kyra winced. There was no going around it.

"It's a Midgard term for a....lover."

Loki didn't exactly choke, but his eyes did enlarged and his eyebrows just flew upwards.

"What?"

Kyra bit her lip. "It's.......complicated! Here on Earth women who are single sometimes get teased for it. I didn't like the teasing......so I lied and said I had a boyfriend! I didn't mean to drag you into it, but it just happened......"

Curiously enough, Loki's eyes were sparkling.

"A lie you say......so you mean this is trickery? It is a prank you are pulling on all your friends? ......Even the king Richard?"

Kyra watched him warily. "Yes......."

Loki chuckled. "It seems that mishief is ripe across all nine realms, only in different forms! My presence must reverbrate across the universe!"

Kyra watched him, a little bewildered. "So......you aren't mad?"

"Hardly. Why be mad over a little mischief?"

Kyra blinked. She proceeded with caution. "So.....you wouldn't mind pretending to be my lover? To put on an act and scam everyone?"

Loki shrugged and sipped his coffee. He was getting quite used to the taste.

"A relationship with a mortal is too beneath me. However, I am bounded to you. Your word is my bidding." His eyes glinted with humour. "And the idea of fooling everyone, including the Midgard king as well, is highly appealing. I look forward to this task."

Kyra clapped her hands against the table, pleased.

"Alright! No more teasing from Miss Regina George!" She gave a whoop of cheer.

They finished their breakfast, and as Kyra cleaned up she spoke over her shoulder.

"Get my bag will you? We're going out."

Loki frowned. "Out? But where?"

Kyra dried the dishes and turned to stare.

"You'll be on Midgard for one month right? You'll need supplies. Clothes. Shoes." She eyed Loki's slick black hair. "A comb and decent shampoo."

She put down the dishcloth.

"Which is why, Mr Loki sir, we are going shopping."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

2.6K 174 21
Loki was back in his cell after being discovered by Thor. He saw horrible things but had no way of escaping and helping his family. He is sadder and...
5.7K 227 31
King Loki of Midgard! Son of Laufey, who is the King of Jotunheim! Adopted son of Odin, who is the King of Asgard! Loki surely doesn't get his experi...
684K 29.2K 47
The people of Asgard are looking for a new home. They get a warm welcome on Earth, except for Loki. He is treated like a criminal of war, a terrorist...
8.5K 345 32
You're a very powerful being due to a curse from millions of years ago. You're from a universe where magic is bad and dishonorable. So...