Of Ships And Stories

*music above....... I HAD SO MUCH FUN WRITING THIS CHAPTER 😍😍 😍*

The kiss on the forehead had been soft, gentle.

Unlike this.

Although he didn't exactly mashed his lips on hers, it was no light touch. It started out one-sided at first, as Kyra was too dazed to respond. Then she started kissing him back, and Loki's arm came up to hold her neck, just beneath her ear.

The kiss deepened, intensified, and just about set all of her nerves on fire. They were kissing kissing, and for the second time that day the world disappeared.

He pulled her even closer and her hands came up to cup both sides of his face. Loki could feel the strands of her russet brown hair against his fingers. His thumb stroked the nape of her neck and she shivered.

They broke for air, but their foreheads still touched. For once Loki had no witty reply in store.

"Well this sucks," Kyra finally muttered. "Now your mum thinks I'm so desperate that I'm kissing any random Asgardian dude that I just met."

Loki let out a breathy chuckle.

"You are desperate. You claimed me as your lover within the first ten minutes of meeting me remember?"

"That's different - "

She didn't get to finish, because just then a loud commotion arose.

"That is Loki, the criminal!"

"The criminal is here at the Elska Ball!"

"Capture him at once!"

Eyes wide opened now, Kyra looked around as everyone in the hall began shouting and pointing accusatory fingers at Loki.

He looked down at himself. "Oops, I think that my illusion might have been broken."

"Why did you let your illusion break?" Kyra hissed as several guards advanced threateningly.

His green eyes looked deep into hers as he replied simply and honestly,

"I was distracted."

Kyra felt herself flush. Heart skipped a beat.

"I do believe it is high time we take our leave." He grabbed hold of her hand. "Let's go!"

They ran out of the hall together, Kyra's free hand bunching her skirts up so she could run better. They made their way out through the double doors and stopped long enough for Kyra to take off her heels. They ran on down the streets, Loki's long overcoat streaming out behind.

"Here!" Loki urged. They ducked into an alley and ran down it.

"Why are we heading back to the palace?" Kyra gasped.

"It is the last place they will expect. And I have a perfect getaway plan!"

They ran back, and ducked behind a wall as a line of Einherjar trooped past. Carefully they inched along the wall until they came to a side door.

"Wait." Loki's eyebrows furrowed for a second, and Kyra felt the magic rippled out.

"How do I look?"

Kyra burst into laughter, which she hurriedly shushed. Loki grinned, and she giggled.

He had constructed for himself a very accurate image of Tom Hiddleston.

Loki's eyes glanced upwards. "I think I might get used to this golden haired look. I see why Thor fancies it."

They entered the little door in the way and walked down a stone corridor. The guard at the end directed his spear at them as they neared.