Of Jokes and Jalapenos

The forehead kiss took Kyra completely by surprise. She froze at the contact, and her breath caught in her throat.

Loki's lips brushed her hair before leaning down and whispering in her ear.

"We have company. A little closeness will help our case yes?"

Kyra glanced. She could just see the blonde hair flying out of sight as its owner ducked behind the kitchenette doors.

So it had been for show. For a moment.......I thought - She discontinued the line of thinking.

Her heartbeat settled, but only a teensy bit. She swallowed.

"What do we do now?" she whispered.

A rolling motion of his shoulders. "Wait it out and hope she leaves." Slyness crept into his dulcet tones. "If that fails to work, perhaps a few more kisses might do the job?"

Kyra glared. "Don't you dare!"

Loki's green eyes twinkled.

It was about half a minute before Sherria finally grew bored and left. Kyra slid out and away from the sink immediately. She stood to one side, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear, not knowing where to look.

Loki took his full cup. "You owe me a kiss." He smiled, and left.

*

Lunch came and went, and soon it was late evening. Richard stepped out from his office.

"Journalists assemble!" he barked.

Loki watched with amusement as they scrambled to clear up their desks.

"Come on Lance!" called Cecilia as she tucked her purse inside her black bag. "That's the boss' signal that he's buying us a meal tonight. Let's go!"

Dinner was taken at a Chinese restaurant downtown. The friendly waitress that served them brought up the open-air market two blocks away. Naturally when Richard heard that it mostly sold street food of all nationalities he declared that it was their next stop.

It was a whole new experience for the Asgardian god. All around him Loki could hear oil sizzling and bananas frittering and traders hollering over one another. And the smells. He didn't knew that there could be such a wide array of such amazing smells.

He leaned over and spoke in Kyra's ear, over the hubbub of the crowd.

"Why do you female mortals not make your fragrance out of this?"

"I'm sorry! What?" Kyra yelled back over the noise.

"Your perfume!" Loki shouted back. "You would attract every single man within a mile with this scent!"

Kyra burst into fits of giggles.

A particular smell hit Loki's nostrils. His head jerked up. He strode with purpose to a certain stall, before gesturing back at Kyra.

"Mortal! Over here!"

Kyra came close. The stall owner was a jovial plump woman that greeted them warmly, her voice heavy with a Spanish accent.

Kyra looked down at the long, fried sausage-like things. She gave a little laugh and threw Loki a look.

"These are chocolate-filled churros. You do have a sweet tooth!"

They bought one paper bag's worth - five churros - and Loki eagerly reached in to take one.

"Blast! These - churros, burn!"

"Well they are hot off the oil. Take it slow. No one's gonna steal your churros."

Loki dangled the churro over his mouth and took a bite. His eyes widened. He stared at the fried snack.