Of Warmth And Wishes

*Above is what I consider to be Loki's theme song* :)

Loki inhaled deeply, head tilted back. Midgard air was less cold and crisp than Asgard air. It veered more to.....what was that word? Ah yes. Warmth. It was warm air that clung to your clothes and lingered in the seams.

He dropped his head down - and instantly laid eyes on a mortal girl.

"By Odin's eye!" he swore and immediately closed his own. Blast, I wanted to at least find someone who had high status in Midgard.......

With his eyes firmly shut he raised his voice in an imperious command.

"Common mortal! I am Loki, God of Mischief! I hail from Asgard, and I demand a meeting with your leader! Bring me to him at once!"

Kyra stared. She was still half-dazed by alcohol and by what she had witnessed, along with the sight of this person in front of her and the fantastical implications it meant. Her addled mind scrambled to restore some sense and all she could blurt out was,

"What?"

Loki's voice turned impatient and rose to a roar.

"Did I not speak clearly? Are you too awed by my presence that it has scrambled your puny little mind? I repeat, bring me to your leader!"

Kyra stared back, bewildered. "You want to meet Richard?"

Loki tilted his head at an angle.
"Ree-cherd.......what ridiculous names you mortals wear. But pay me no heed. A powerful man is powerful regardless of his name, is it not?"

Kyra blinked. "I don't know if he's considered powerful......"

Loki inhaled sharply.

"Such ignorance!" he scoffed. "How can one not know the power of one's king? Is his status not higher than yours? Do you not obey his commands?"

Kyra thought.

"Well yes, I suppose you can put it in such terms....."

"Does being in his favor not reap you rewards?" Loki persisted. "Does his judgement not decide your wellbeing?"

"......Yes but - "

"Then that is good enough for me. Inform your leader that the king of another world is honoring him with a visit!"

A sudden ray of light pierced through the night sky above and once again the wind howled. Another presence had entered the fray. There was no one else around Kyra, at least not physically, but she could feel the newcomer hovering at the fringes of her mind.

Sure enough another voice spoke.

"Loki. Again you are treating the mortals with your usual derision. When will you see that they are equal to us in many other ways? We are not invincible, like the mortals we too will one day meet our Maker. Like mortals you too will fade into death."

The mocking voice of the man who looked like Loki but couldn't possibly be Loki because - Jesus, Loki - spoke.

"But of course. Give or take five thousand years."

There was something weird about the way they were speaking, and it wasn't just the formal old language style.......it took a moment before Kyra could pinpoint it.

She wasn't getting these words from her ears. She wasn't hearing them, not in the usual sense. She was hearing them in her head.

Whoa, is this telepathy? she thought. Because that would be so frigging cool.