Of Glory And Gold

"Just place my hands over the crystal and say my wish?"

"Correct."

With Loki sitting opposite her on the couch, and the Sceptre pulsing dimly in between them, Kyra lifted her hands up and palmed the jewel. She was about to utter her wish when -

You could make him stay.

She paused. It was that little voice in her head again. It seemed to have rather the affinity for popping up at wrong places and saying all the wrong things.

Because of course now it had her thinking. Thinking about the three wishes she had, thinking about all the possibilities.......

You could wish for him to always be by your side. To stay with you, to care for you, to make you happy.

To love you.

"What's wrong?" Loki's voice cut through her thoughts, shaking her out of her reverie.

She looked into his curious green eyes.

"One question," she asked, her hands pulling away from the Sceptre and onto her lap. "I can really wish for anything?"

Loki snapped his fingers. "Ah, I forgot to tell you. You can't really wish for anything you want. There are a few conditions. First being that the wish must not harm, and second being that your wishes must be clear, concise and concrete."

She frowned. "Meaning?"

"It must have parameters. It can't be abstract. For example, you can't just wish for world peace. What is world peace? Most importantly, what is your definition of world peace? That all wars end? That people understand each other? You must tell the Sceptre exactly what you mean. Example, instead of wishing for world peace, you have to say I wish that all wars would end and that people will always treat each other as equals. Something like that."

"So......can I make people fall in love?"

"Again, you must give it a definition. Example, I wish that he will stay by side forever, to support me and care for me, to protect me from harm etc etc. Define your wish."

"Ah. Okay. I see."

Loki nodded. "So are you ready?"

Kyra looked down at the jewel. Even in its diminished state she could feel the power that was emanating from this extraordinary weapon. In its fully restored state it must have been quite the terrifying sight to behold.

"Alright. Here goes nothing."

She placed her hands on the crystal and intoned, out loud -

"I wish that the whole world would know the true face of Nathan Wilde, which is that he's an irresponsible husband that cheated on his wife, and then abandoned the other woman and her child, refusing to take moral responsibility on them, plus sending thugs after them to make sure they stay silent."

She said this all in one breath, and watched as the crystal underneath her beamed a sudden glare. There was a distant ringing in her ears. As quickly as the light came it disappeared, leaving behind a dim glow once more.

Loki arched an eyebrow, seemingly impressed. "An extremely clear and comprehensible definition. I'm amazed you were able to say that all without breaking for air."

"Yeah well, I hope it works. Once the news get out Jennifer should be okay right? She'd get help and all? I didn't wish for her part, because - well, Nathan being exposed will start off a chain reaction right?"

"Correct. You wish is like the first drop of rainwater in a still puddle. It's bound to send out ripples. Vast ripples."

"Okay. Good. Because I am not going to waste another wish on this."