Of Lies And Landings

"So tell me how exactly is this," said Harry Brooks, spearing the last sushi on his plate with a fork, "saving the sushi?"

"Ah," said Richard as Harry put the sushi in his mouth, "we're saving it from being consumed by people who do not know how to appreciate its wonderful and delicious flavours."

On the long bench next to Harry Cecilia Pratchett giggled. Everyone had had at least two glasses of alcohol each, and were feeling much less sober than usual. Indeed, it seemed that the chief editor was the only one not looking tipsy. But then again Richard had to drive them back later.

"It's been a good day today. Our magazine sales did very well for our latest issue. It's all thanks to my amazing team!" Richard raised his glass in a toast. "Cheers!"

Glass clinked. "Cheers!"

Cecilia downed hers in one gulp and Harry hastily stopped her.

"Stop drinking so much! You know you get a terrible hangover."

She beamed. Setting down her glass she linked an arm around Harry's, before facing the rest of the table.

"There's another piece of good news today!" she announced. "Harry and I......are getting married!"

Commence loud whoops and claps on the back. Kyra grinned and cheered.

"Congratulations!"

"As your boss, I demand my right to be best man!" That was Richard.

Cecilia's short brown hair bobbed fervently as she nodded.

"The wedding's on July 16th.You're all invited!"

Sherria gave a drunken giggle and pointed her shotglass at Kyra.

"That gives you about three weeks to find a date! Oh Kyra, what are you going to do? You'll never find one, never - mmmphfff"

Richard clamped a hand over Sherria's Christian Dior rouged lips. He displayed a wide sheepish smile.

"Nothing. She said nothing. Ignore her nothingness. Shall we call more sushi?"

Scowling, Kyra downed her glass in one gulp. Even when she's drunk those words still fly out of her mouth.

Kyra slammed her empty glass down against the table, hard. Next to her Eric gave a little jump at the sudden noise and his shiitake mushroom fell from his chopsticks.

"I too, have good news!" Kyra declared. She was feeling impulsive and not quite thinking straight.

"I have a boyfriend!"

At that, Sherria managed to wrench Richard's palm away from her mouth.

"What?" Her voice was shrill.

The shiitake mushroom that was on the verge of touching Eric's lips dropped for the second time. He sighed.

Kyra stared back defiantly.

"That's right. So you, Little Miss Regina George, can just stop mocking me, because I have a man and he is hotter than.......than....." Her eyes landed on Sherria's diamond-encrusted phone cover. "......Tom Hiddleston!"

Sherria rolled her eyes. She reached for her phone and unlocked it, revealing a Tom Hiddleston wallpaper.

"No one's hotter than Tom Hiddleston." She sighed dreamily.

Kyra met Sherria's eyes. Lightning flashed between the two girls.

"Well my boyfriend is."

"He can't be."