The Werewolf's Perfect Mistak...

Por halohebby

[√ Edited] "Adster ple-" "You ruined me okay!" I blurt, cutting him off as I fight back the angry tears that... Más

Introduction & Summary: ✔ Edited
Chapter 1:
Chapter 3: Making A Effort
Chapter 4: Start Of A War
Chapter 5: Too Late
Chapter 6: A Burning Bond
Chapter 7: And Maybe It's Me..
Chapter 8: Number 11...?
Chapter 9: A Bittersweet Congratulations
Chapter 10: There's Dreams And There's Reality
***NOT A CHAPTER***
Chapter 11: Second Guessing Myself
Chapter 12: Living A Little.
Chapter 13: How Could You?
Chapter 14: Plan In Action
Chapter 15: A Deal Made
Chapter 16: Good Night..
Chapter 17: Future Alpha Buisness
Chapter 18: All Buisness
Chapter 19: Not Again
IMPORTANT:
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Chapter 20: Welcome Home.
Chapter 21: Promise Me.
Chapter 22: The Big Day...
So I Just Really Wanted To Know...
Notice:
Chapter 23: Stay With Me
Chapter 24: When You Love Someone.
Chapter 25: A Dinner To Remember
Chapter 26: Don't You Ever Forget
Chapter 27: Mates, Mood Swings, and Planning.
Author's And Their Aithor's Notes, Ugh.. I'm Sorry.
Chapter 28: Early Mornings and Plane Rides
Chapter 29: A Beautiful Sight For Tired Eyes
Chapter 30: Open, Close.
Chapter 31: I'm Baaaaack!! Who missed me?
Chapter 32: Take Over, The Breaks Over.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ, ITS ABOUT ME UPDATING!!
Information™
New Character List™
Chapter 01™

Chapter 2: ✔️ Edited

9.5K 269 19
Por halohebby

Swaying slowly to the music that hummed through the large dancehall, I relished in the amazing feeling that always comes with being home again and bask in just how honored I felt to know that the party taking place around me was partially in my honor. The whole pack had come although my father had insisted, or so he claimed, that the whole shindig was completely optional. And with 2,000 of us crowded into the room, I couldn't help the smile that continuously made an appearance on my face. People came up to me, grinning like mad hatters as they told me nothing but compliments about Aiden and myself, chuckling at how much we'd grown and never forgetting to mention what a gentleman Ryan was. I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't enjoying the attention just as much as Aiden.

Grinning across the floor at Ryan who was being attacked and pinched on the cheeks mercilessly by my packs elder women, I finally release a heavy sigh. My guard finally falling as I allowed myself to unwind and grab a drink; I was home, an I was safe.

"Aren't you just a little young to be drinking?" My best friend Cassidy grinned as she made her way towards me, a glass of her on poised in her hand rather elegantly. Her blonde hair was tucked up into a curly updo and her tight black dress stopping right above her knee; she looked stunning.

"If I'm too young, then so are you Barbie doll." Grinning, I brought my glass to my lips and sipped it before wiggling my eyes at Cassidy, causing both of us to erupt in laughter. I missed Cassidy undoubtedly; after all, she is my best friend. An going from spending almost every single day together for a majority of my life to only seeing each other every once in a while was an adjustment that I knew I might never get use to. "I've missed you so much."

"Well that to me sounds like one of us needs to visit more often, hmm?" Raising her eyebrows at me, Cassidy pulled me into a quick hug before grinning. "What do you think Ryan would say if I came down for a couple of days and bunked it out on your couch?"

"As long as you keep Aiden busy I think he'll be fine."

"How is the little man?"

"He's fine, he's with my mother. You know she has to show him off to everyone." I chuckle just as the song switches and Cassidy's green eyes light up with excitement.

"We have to dance; You have to dance with me! This is my favorite song!" Grabbing my arm, she pulls me onto the dance floor, both of us giggling all the whole. It's almost instantaneous that our hips begin to sway and I find myself tossing my hair as she an I dance around like the foolish teenagers we are. I don't feel like I'm just Aiden's mother right now, or Eric's rejected mate, the rape victim. Honestly, I don't even feel like the Alphas daughter or future Luna in this moment. I just feel like a teenage girl without a worry in the world. An as the music picks up, I'm overwhelmed with how amazing it feels to finally let some of the weight from my shoulders.

"I can't tell you how ecstatic I am to finally have you back home!" Cassidy exclaims, locking her hands in mine as we spin each other around in a slowly circle. "And not just because your dad cancelled all training for the next three days either!"

"Yeah, sure, that's totally not why." I grin sarcastically. My father had always been hard on the pack when it came to staying prepared and training. This being said, the pack trained everyday except Sunday now and my father continued to push them to their limits. But it felt good to see everyone cooling down and relaxing just as much as me; Even if all the males stayed on guard as the women calmed down, it was nice to see everyone smiling. My eyes scanned over the room as I watched our packs small mischievous children run around, weaving in and out of the hoards of adults, teenagers, an elders. Everyone else mingled and danced, I could even spot of few drunken member who couldn't control their laughter and/or balance.

"Shut up! I really mean it!" Cassidy chuckled as the music died down and the next song started up. Pulling me off onto the side, Cassidy looked me dead in the eyes as she started talking again. "When you're here, it's easier. Your parents are calmer, the whole pack seems a bit happier, an I get my fucking best friend back for a little while."

"I'm still your best friend when I'm away you know."

"Yeah, I know. But you know what I mean."

"Excuse me, I'd like to have everyone's attention please." My father's voice boomed over the speakers; the music that had been previously playing coming to an abrupt halt as everyone turns to face the stage where my father is."I'm pleased to see that all of you seem to be having an exciting time. I just wanted to express how proud I am at how hard everyone's been working and how far we've all come." The crowd all let out a simultaneous cheer, only dying down when my father began to tap the mic. "I would also like to welcome my beautiful daughter, Adalaid, and her boyfriend Ryan home while reintroducing my grandson, Aiden Bennet Wolf.

Everyone applauded my father once more while my eyes carefully scanned the perimeter in search for my son. Finally locking onto my cousin Jason who was currently being assaulted by Aiden's tiny slaps. father smiled and everyone clapped. "Now may I introduce the woman of the night, my beautiful daughter Adalaid Wolfe!"

Grinning, I make my way over to Jason and picked up Aiden, huggin my cousin quickly before heading up to the stage. I smiled out at the crowd as Aiden tried to take my nose, causing the crowd at awe as I lifted the mic to my lips.

"Good evening everyone. I would like to start off Aiden an I are so ecstatic to be here today! Especially with Ryan. I'm sure you can all relate, at some level, to how amazing it truly is to be home; surrounding by nothing but familiar faces. An after all these months! I know lately training has somewhat increase in its intensity, so I'm even more happy to see everyone relaxing for once and having a seemingly good time. I'll admit that I'm actually a bit crushed that I haven't been around to see the pack grow into what it has. But it's a good feeling to know you all support me and my decision to move, and that although I haven't been the most critque of role models, you all are still as loving as you've ever been- if not more!" I recite, smiling boldly as everyone applauds an I prepare to conclude my minor speech. "And for everyone that mate-less; I just want to remind you to stay patient and strong on your own. Their right around the corner! An even if they aren't exactly what you wanted or expected, even if they reject you; remember you are just as strong without them as you are with. Aiden and I wish everyone in the room an amazing night. Thank you, you may all get back to your celebrations."

"Beautiful speech from an even more beautiful girl." Ryan smirked as I stepped down from the stage, his lips gently brushing my cheek as he took Aiden. Kissing the tiny tot on the crown of his head.

"that's a grave compliment coming from a sexy man like yourself." Winking, I take Ryan's drink from him and begin to sip. It only takes moments for my cousin Ryan to appear, snatching the cup from my hand before yanking me into a legendary bear hug before pulling me at least four inches off the floor and spinning me in a circle. "Gosh Jas, you saw me last Tuesday! Put me down."

"I missed you so much Addy! How's Aiden? Oh look, Aiden!" He laughed before putting me down and grabbing my giggle son instead, sending me a smirk he quickly vanished into the crowd and leaving me in a laughing fit. It was more than obvious the drinks had gotten to him, and maybe if I were anyone else- if I weren't so use to Ryan's harmless drunk ways- Id be nervous for Aiden's safety. But I wasn't for all of four reasons.

One, Ryan wasn't a mean drunk. Instead of being so, he turned incredibly silly when intoxicated; quite a bit like a child actually. Two, we were surrounded with pack members Id known my entire life. I knew for a fact that if Ryan were to become so drunk he was incapable of watching Aiden, someone else gladly would or at least be bothered to bring my son to me. Three, Aiden was more attached to me than anyone. Especially when it was nearing his bedtime, which was definitely creeping upon us now. I gave it an hour, two at the most, before he was screeching for his mommy and refusing to be calmed until he's gotten me. And lastly, Ryan was a future Beta, my future Beta. An if I couldn't trust him with a simple task of caring for my young son in a room of trusted faces, than I definitely couldn't trust him to help me run a pack.

"Ma belle fille." Ryan grinned, the flawlessly pronunciated French words dancing off of his tongue as he lays a gentle kiss on the back of my hand; bowing slightly in the process. The words were simple, translating to 'My beautiful girl', but they made my heart flutter nonetheless. Unlike me, Ryan hadn't been taking French since he was 4. Instead, he'd picked it up a little over 10 months ago to impress me on our first year anniversary. So every time he spoke it, it managed to gives me uncontrollable butterflies.

"Mon bel homme." I grinned in response, hoping he was capable of translating it to it appropriate meaning, 'My handsome man'. An as he stood up straight and grinned, his hand wrapping into mine as his blonde locks seemed to gain a certain sheen. I knew he had.

"Shall we dance my love?"

"We shall."

And just like we glided onto the dance floor. Our bodies pressed so closely I almost though we'd merged into one, an as my hands wrapped around his neck and his found my waist; everyone else seemed to evaporate into thin air. We were in our own little bubble. Our own world, just us. Even my wolf seemed to ease into absolute peace.

I knew my love for Ryan was obvious, and that it shined through each of my actions towards him. Even my angered ones. But when it came to our wolves, we both knew they weren't meant to be with each other. An although they had accepted each other's presence and company, that was as far as their relationship could go without him marking me. Therefore decreasing my bond with my mate unless my mate took it upon himself to mark over it. This process was known to be even more painful for a female wolf, especially a Luna, than a first marking. But in this moment, this exact moment, I shoved the thoughts of marking from my head. Like any other Luna, I didn't want to be marked until marriage. And gazing up into those bright blue eyes, my wolf and his both at obvious peace with each other, I felt I was right where I needed to be. And with that said, nothing else mattered to me.

"You alright sweetheart?" Ryan whispered, his mouth so close to my ears I can't help but get a slight chill.

"I'm perfect. Never been better."

-

It was getting late, an if the pitch black sky wasn't enough evidence of it, the neon green letters flashing over my digital clock definitely were. It was 3:07 in the morning an I was

It was 3:07 in the morning an I was beyond exhausted, but no matter how much I tried to catch some sleep, my wolf refused to cooperate. She was restless! An it seemed as if the steady beat of Ryan's heart, which usually lulled me, was only making her more anxious.

Slowly, I managed to pull myself from Ryan without waking him and slowly made my way over to Aiden's portable crib. Checking to make sure he was still fast asleep before slipping from the room.

My wolf was now whimpering as the urge to go for a run began to overwhelm me; making the problem seemingly obvious. My wolf needed to stretch, and honestly I couldn't blame her? It'd been months since My last transition. It was a wonder how I was getting any actual sleep at all!

I hurriedly make my way down the stairs and to the front door, my steps echoing throughout the empty halls as I do. As I stepped out onto the porch, my wolf immediately took over.

Leaping from the porch she bounded towards the woods at full speed. Effortlessly maneuvering her way around trees and leaping over bushes. Ignoring the tree branches that scraped at me along the way.

"Where are we going?" I questioned as my wolf picked up speed, our paws colliding with the forest floor with a soft thud.

But she didn't respond. Instead, dodging a branch, she made a sharp turn at my favorite tree. Mud coating our fur as she pushed onward before finally halting at the river. Peering into the water I watched as the fish swam around rapidly, the moonlight seeming to only illuminate them. Pulling my gaze up I stared at the darkness across it, my heart stopping as my brown eyes connected to a set of blue ones staring back at me.

The silence between us was deafening as my heart moved to the pit off my stomach, a small whimper falling from my muzzle as my wolf stepped forward into the water. Only for me to force myself right back out again.

"Eric?" I asked nervously, my voice barely over a whisper as he stared back at me. I couldn't breathe, an it took more than all of my strength not to run towards him. My wolf ached to muzzle against him, but at the same time all I wanted to do was rip out his throat for all the bad he's ever done me.

"Adalaid." His voice was louder than mine had been and my name came out as more of a statement than anything else. As if he'd known all along that I was coming. Hestitantly, my wolf willed herself forward and just as she did, his took a step back. Confused, she took another shakes step just to find he repeated the action. But when I tried it a third time, his reaction was unexpected. Turning on his hind legs, Eric began to run in the opposite direction- away from me- at full speed.

For a moment I was completely stunned an it seemed as if my legs had gone completely paralyzed. But as the moments passed, and Eric's figure seemed to be disappearing off into the distance, my wolf seemed to kick into action.

Leaping over the river with ease, y wolf began chasing him. Dodging oncoming tree branches as she made her way around the large oak trees. An once we were close enough, she leaned forward, catching his left hind leg in her muzzle before falling to the floor and twisting. Quickly dislocating his leg in the process. Squirming, Eric jerked his leg away, using his body to slam me into a nearby tree so hard it snapped and hit the ground with a crunch. Taking advantage of me already being on the ground, he hopped up and pinned me; growling in warning before beginning to run off again. Leaping up, I rush after him and toss myself into his back, sending both of us tumbling into the grass. I knew he wasn't going to fight me with his whole strength. After all, not onIy was I his mate but I was the mother of his first born. Running over to him I slammed my paw down onto his chest. Quickly, he sunk his teeth into my paw, causing Crimson blood to leak into my dirtied brown fur. I whimpered loudly knowing that the sound might be enough to awaken my entire pack, but I couldn't help it. Hopping away from him I watched in silence as Eric got up and begin to slowly back away.

Inhaling deeply, I allowed

T exhausted body to transform back into its human form. My eyes locking on Eric's as I raise my hand in surrender.

"Please don't go." I sighed out, the words causing a flood of bad memories to leak into my mind as I watched his wolf look at me nervously before stopping in its tracks. "What are you doing here?"

Shifting his gaze from mine and to the sky, Eric's eyes seemed to soften before turning back to look at me. I could see it in his eyes he was still thinking of leaving. And for a reason I can't really explain without blaming it on the bond, the thought of him leaving made me incredibly nervous.

"Your mothers been worried sick about you you know." I explained taking a cautious step closer to him, my hands slowly coming down to my sides as I do so. "Can you at least say something?"

Locking his eyes on me with a sudden intensity, I could feel the heat igniting over me with a sudden intensity that it knocked the breath from me. As my heartbeat began to pound thunderously behind my ribcage, I quickly broke eye contact by closing mine. And when I reopened them, Eric was standing before me in his human form, his blue eyes locked into the moon hanging lazily in the pitch black sky instead of on me.

"Aiden's gotten... Really big." He whispered, an I cocked my head to the side in confusion. "I um, J saw him through your window today. First time in three months."

"Excuse me?"

"Did you really think that I just never checked in on you guys?" Eric questioned, his eyes slowly gliding back to mine and igniting my insides. "Listen Adalaid, I never went too far. At least, not for long. When Aiden was born I snuck into your room one day when you were asleep to see what he looked like. An ever since then I-" Cutting himself off, Eric closed his eyes as if it was painful to keep them attached to mine any longer. "I've been coming around every few months to check in on you guys. Get glimpses of what you and him, and what you both look like. I know it's creepy!"

"So you were stalking us?" I questioned feeling completely violated as Eric swallowed hard and hung his head in what I hoped was shame.

"Adalaid, I'm so sorry! I really tried to stay away, I did. I just-"

"Where were you the rest of the time? No one could find you. Not even your parents!"

"I don't have a mate bond with my parents though Adalaid, I have one with you!" He huffed, his blue eyes ablaze as he continued. "If you had looked for me you would've found me."

"I didn't look for you this time but I still found you." I stated, my hands finding my hips as I glared at him. It was true afterall, I hadn't planned on finding him tonight or even looking for him for that matter. I had left it all up to his family or guessed he'd just come back when he was ready. I was still way too upset with him to actually go looking for myself.

"But your wolf did, didn't she?" He smiles crookedly, and I didn't even bother trying to reject the idea. I knew he was right, especially since there was no other explanation.

"That's not the point Eric." I sighed, my hands raking through my messy brown hair. "Why are you even here? Did you know I was coming home?"

"My wolf lead me here Adalaid, that's why I was so surprised to see you. I didn't know you were back here." Sighing, Eric took a cautious step forward and softly grabbed my face; his eyes locking to miners my heart beat quickened. Suddenly the air seemed ten times colder than it had been originally, moving his hands to my elbows he pulled me closer to him and without thinking my eyes closed. For a few moments I relished in his scent and the feeling of having him so close. But soon enough, I forced myself away an opened my eyes, throwing myself back into the reality of the situation. "What's wrong?"

"We're not doing this. You put me through so much crap Eric, I'm not about to stand here an act like I forgive you."

"Adalaid, look, I'm sorry okay? I-" he started, but I interrupted him.

"I don't wanna hear it. I'm tired of hearing it!" I frowned honestly. "I'm tired of you being sorry. So how about you try something new alright? Instead of being so fucking sorry, you could try being a man!"

"Adalaid I know this is hard to understand and I put you through a lot. But I love you, and that dude in there? Trust me, he doesn't."

"you don't know anything about me and Ryan Eric, so just stop." I sighed out, my eyes squeezing shut. "Ryan an I love each other, and he's been there for me even when I couldn't be there for myself. And you Eric? Well you were never fucking there at all!"

"I was young Adalaid!" He shouted over me. "I wasn't fucking ready yet."

"Neither was I, Eric. But none of that seems to matter if you're the one with the baby's side of you now does it? I couldn't just run from the problem like you did. So I had to handle it, without you!" I scooped back before turning to walk away.

"Adalaid that's not the point!" Eric exclaimed grabbing me arm, but I quickly jerked away from him.

"You know what the sad part really is Eric? It's that you're right. That isn't the point! Because when it comes to me and you, there isn one. An I honestly don't think there ever was or will be."

With those words I quickly transformed and rushed my way home. Slipping into the house and back up to my room without making a noise. My heart was still beating erratically inside my ribcage as I climbed back into bed next to Ryan, my head falling gently to his chest as he wrapped a strong arm around me.

"Where'd you run off to?" He asked sleepily giving my forehead a lazy kiss.

"The hall bathroom. I wasn't feeling so well but I didn't want to wake you or the baby." I lied cuddling closer to him and closing my heavy eyelids. "I love you Ry, more than anything okay?"

"I love you too princess." He mumbled, softly squeezing me before we both fell into a peaceful sleep.

-

PICTURE IS ERIC MOON

(A/N: I hope you guys enjoy the second chapter and please feel free to leave any questions below in the comments. How do you feel about Eric do you think he's finally grew up, or is he still playing games? What do you think about Ryan, does he love her like he says he does? What do you think of Adalaid yelling at Eric, was it deserved or did she overreact? Leave your oppinions beliw AND DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!!! Thanks soo much for reading :3)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

888 30 17
"I'm better than you even when I'm drunk." He drunkenly walked over to me and between my legs, so close that our noses almost touched, "No you cheat...
1.5M 43.5K 28
*COMPLETED* My head bowed in a heavy mannor, not in respect, but in trepidation. I discern his unwavering gaze over my ill silhouette. "Look at me." ...
499K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
578 49 23
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ MENTIONS OF RAPE, family abuse and suicidal thoughts. Do not read if this may trigger you. The story isn't all depressing but ther...