Confused by Time (Percy Jacks...

By dragonswoe

Annabeth managed to escape Tartarus and join the seven in the war against Gaea, but Percy was left behind. No... More

Chapter 1 - Chances
Chapter 2 - Entering The Pit
Chapter 3 - Into the Storm Front
Chapter 4 - When All Seems Most Dire
Chapter 5 - Replacement
Chapter 6 - Expect the Unexpected
Chapter 7 - The River of Fire
Chapter 8 - Unstoppable
Chapter 9 - Trapped in the Past
Chapter 10 - What Happened?
Chapter 11 - Rumour
Chapter 12 - Path of Curses
Chapter 13 - The Risen Dead
Chapter 14 - The Mansion of Night
Chapter 15 - Visiting Silver
Chapter 16 - Insulting the God King
Chapter 17 - Train or Death
Chapter 18 - You're Dead
Chapter 19 - Fallen
Chapter 20 - Capture the Flag Becomes Lethal
Chapter 21 - Taken
Chapter 22 - Missed
Chapter 23 - Hanging Around
Chapter 24 - The First Battle
Chapter 25 - Forcing Abilities
Chapter 26 - Reviving the Army
Chapter 27 - Exiled
Chapter 28 - An Old Friend
Chapter 29 - The Shadow
Chapter 30 - Conflicts
Chapter 31 - Mother Earth
Chapter 32 - Secrets
Chapter 33 - Revelations and Sack of Rome
Chapter 34 - Hit and Run
Chapter 36 - Bleeding Out
Chapter 37 - Nyx's Negotiations
Chapter 38 - Nicknames
Chapter 39 - Earth's Rage
Chapter 40 - Second Problem Solved
Chapter 41 - Battle for Atlantis
Chapter 42 - Leander
Chapter 43 - Immortality Rising
Chapter 44 - Oracle's Vision
Chapter 45 - Rise From the Ashes
Chapter 46 - Differences
Chapter 47 - The Quest Begins
Chapter 48 - Fall of a King
Chapter 49 - Hydra
Chapter 50 - Waking Up
Chapter 51 - Lord (Lady) Perseus
Chapter 52 - No Killing
Chapter 53 - Sky and Shadow
Chapter 54 - The Difference of Kings
Chapter 55 - Alone
Chapter 56 - Light's Return
Chapter 57 - Sting
Chapter 58 - The Fool
Chapter 59 - To Olympus
Chapter 60 - Trust
Chapter 61 - Apologies
Very Important announcement
Chapter 62 - Freeing a Genocidal King
Chapter 63 - Traitor
Chapter 64 - Abyss Rising
Chapter 65 - Disowned
Chapter 66 - Proposition
Chapter 67 - Interruptions
Chapter 68 - Butting Heads
Chapter 69 - The Shadow Falls
Chapter 70 - A Hero's Goodbye
Sequel
A/N - sex scene
Announcement - rewriting the series
Update on the rewrite

Chapter 35 - Two New Problems

11.2K 275 495
By dragonswoe

"You were away for a long time yesterday," Iapetus said. "Did you succeed?"

"Did you kill Eros?" Oceanus asked eagerly.

Kronos shrugged. "No. The fool managed to escape before I could kill him."

Iapetus raised an eyebrow. "Then what are you so pleased about?"

"Kronos!" Percy yelled, storming over to their table in the mess hall. "What the fuck was that last night?"

"Kronos?" Iapetus demanded. "You did something last night?"

"No," Kronos said hurriedly.

"Yes!" Percy exclaimed. "This massive dickhead came to the top of the tower and suddenly ki-"

Kronos slapped his hand over Percy's mouth. "Hold your tongue," he hissed. "Before I do it for you." Percy narrowed his eyes, but Kronos just smirked. "Licking my hand's not going to do anything, Percy."

Iapetus raised an eyebrow. "Since when did you call him Percy?"

"Since he-"

"Outside, Kronos snapped, scrambling to his feet and grabbing Percy by the arm to drag the demigod after him. "Now."

The demigods, Titans and monsters watched them pass by, but Kronos ignored them. The Titan pulled Percy into an enclave once they'd exited the mess hall. "Refrain from shouting it out to the entirety of Othrys, Percy Jackson."

Percy crossed his arms over his chest. "Can you at least tell me what the Tartarus that was last night?" he demanded.

Kronos frowned, glancing up to see if anyone was watching before replying. "This?" he asked, taking a step towards Percy so they were only inches away from each other.

Percy's eyes narrowed. "Yeah. Exactly that."

"And... this?" Kronos asked, leaning down, but stopping less than an inch from Percy.

The demigod swallowed. "Ye – yeah. That too."

Kronos smirked. "I make you flustered. I can heard your heartbeat, Perseus, it's ridiculously fast. Like it's about to take off. You're aware of me at all times – last night proved that."

Percy sucked in a sharp breath, trying to steady himself. "Wha – what does that have to do with anything?"

"It's not just that," Kronos murmured. He reached out, his fingers ghosting down the side of Percy's face and tracing one of the scars. "But my touch too."

"Maybe that's because you were torturing me," Percy said, his voice subdued.

Kronos smirked. "I don't think so," he said.

Percy's jaw twitched. "Really? What makes you think I like you?"

"I had it confirmed by Eros," Kronos stated. "He said 'your feelings aren't unrequited'."

Percy swallowed nervously, his green eyes staring into Kronos'. "Yeah? Well maybe he's wrong."

"Then swear it," Kronos smirked, shifting so his mouth was by Percy's ear. "Swear that you don't like me and I'll stop."

"I swear on the river Styx that I don't love-" the words died in Percy's throat, and try as he might he couldn't get them out.

Kronos smirked triumphantly. "Told you," he hummed, his mouth moving to trail down Percy's neck.

Percy's eyes widened, and then he shoved Kronos away. "Screw you," he snapped.

Kronos was completely unfazed and chuckled. "I thought that was the point."

Percy shook his head. "I can't like you! I – I'm supposed to be the Hero of Olympus, not a traitor!"

"And I'm supposed to be the heartless Titan Lord," Kronos remarked in amusement.

"You are heartless," Percy retorted, backing into the wall. "You killed Marie!"

Kronos snorted. "I've said it before - this is war, Perseus. People die in war. It's a fact of life."

"Not kids!" Percy exclaimed angrily.

"It was either I killed her, or one of the Titans would have kept her, Perseus," Kronos stated. "That is what happens."

Percy shut his eyes, wrapping his arms around himself and sliding down the wall. "I can't love you," he said, his voice muffled.

Kronos crouched in front of Percy. "I thought the same thing when Iapetus confronted me about it eight days ago. I tried to ignore it – and you – but I can't. It's impossible."

"Nothing's impossible," Percy mumbled.

Kronos shrugged. "Well, that was," he mused. "I'm constantly aware of where you are, Perseus, even without trying to be."

Percy frowned at him, completely aware that they were only inches from each other, but he saw that Kronos was genuine. "So... last night."

"I talked to Eros," Kronos grimaced, sitting on the floor opposite Percy. "He apparently decided I needed a kick up the backside."

"So you decided to see my reaction when you came back." Percy sighed.

Kronos nodded. "Yes. And you definitely reacted," he added.

Percy scowled at him. "You surprised me."

"So... if I were to do it now, what would you do?"

"Kick you in your balls," Percy said confidently.

Kronos snorted. "And when I get pissed because you do that?"

"Run like every monster in Tartarus is after me," Percy grinned. "Or the heartless Titan who leads them."

Kronos smirked. "And if you're too slow?"

"That'll only happen if you cheat," Percy said, sitting up straighter.

"I always cheat, Perseus," Kronos said.

Percy smiled slightly, and then hesitated. "Look," he said, "I... can we just see what happens? And you have to stop ignoring me."

"What will you do in return?"

"Not ignoring someone is a simple and easy thing to do!" Percy exclaimed.

Kronos cocked his head to the side. "So a simple and easy thing for you..."

Percy scowled at him. "Considering you ambushed me last night, not ignoring me is the least you could do," he stated.

Kronos sighed. "Very well," he said, standing up.

"But saying that," Percy said as he accepted the hand Kronos held out to him, "I guess since I'm already a traitor of Olympus due to my oath, that seeing what happens wouldn't kill anyone."

It was Kronos' turn to be surprised as he eyed Percy warily. He knew the demigod wouldn't say that without having a plan... but what was his plan? "To attempt to change you and prepare you for what's coming."

Ah, Kronos thought. Of course. The demigod was hoping that he'd be able to change Kronos. The Titan inwardly smiled – many had tried that over the millions of years since he'd become like he was now, but none had succeeded. The demigod would have a hard time.

"One more thing, Perseus," Kronos said. "Remember that you asked me if I trusted Cygsodol?"

Percy frowned. "Yeah? What about it?"

"Cariad said that he's going to start a war," Kronos said.

Percy's jaw dropped. "Eros said what?" he demanded.

Kronos ran his head through his black hair. "We'll be fighting on two fronts," he grimaced.

Percy glanced towards the door to the mess hall. "Can we talk later? If we talk here any longer someone will come out."

Kronos nodded slightly. "Tonight," he promised.

Percy raised an eyebrow. "You going to keep that promise? Or should I wear my armour for added protection?"

Kronos' mouth curled up into a smirk. "Depends on if you think you need that much protection. Usually one thing's enough." Before Percy could back away he had kissed him quickly and turned to reenter the mess hall.

Percy grabbed his arm. "Okay, stop doing that." Kronos turned to face him and raised an eyebrow. "If you're gonna do it," Percy grinned, "at least do it properly." A wolfish grin spread across Kronos' face and Percy ducked his head to hide his slight blush. "I mean, I did say we'd see what happens."

Kronos chuckled. "I think I was right," he mused, and at Percy's curious look he elaborated. "You will be the death of me."

Percy shrugged. "I've got to keep my promise on the Styx somehow."

Kronos snorted. "Good luck with that," he hummed.

Percy shook his head. "I won't need any," he said confidently.

Kronos smirked and pulled Percy closer to him. He tilted his head down, feeling Percy tense as he neared, and then they touched. At first Percy was uneasy, Kronos could sense. Percy moved slightly, backing up against the wall, and Kronos followed him.

Percy hesitated before letting Kronos kiss him. It took him several long seconds to relax, but when he did he actually found himself enjoying it. Kronos was rough, but not harsh, and there seemed to be a need for him in the Titan. Percy opened his mouth slightly, and Kronos took the opportunity in stride. The Titan smelt of fresh air mixed with the smell of a forest away from civilization, in other words he smelt unpolluted. Percy smiled slightly at his thought. Yet there was an undercurrent of danger, of a sharp smell which lingered in Percy's nose with a slight metallic tang and made him nervous of being so close to Kronos.

"What the Tartarus are the two of you doing?"

Kronos jerked away from Percy, his nostrils flaring and his eyes dark. Percy sucked in deep breaths as he tried to calm his racing heart, and he swore under his breath. "Shit, Iapetus. You nearly gave me a heart attack."

"Both of you have now given me the need to wash my eyes out with disinfectant," Iapetus stated. "I hope it was worth it." His silver eyes frowned at Percy before turning to Kronos. "Brother, I would have a word with you."

Kronos cleared his throat. "Of course. Perseus, why don't you go on in and join your friends?"

Percy nodded and slipped out between the Titans, quickly retreating back to the mess hall.

Iapetus crossed his arms as he glared at Kronos. "I thought we agreed there would be none of that."

"So did I," Kronos said with a smirk.

Iapetus clenched his jaw. "And what if he wants none of this?"

"Did he look like he wanted none of it then?" Kronos said, moving to go past Iapetus and into the mess hall.

"This is a mistake," Iapetus insisted, grabbing Kronos' arm.

Kronos clenched his jaw. "I know what I'm doing."

Iapetus' eyes narrowed. "You're acting off your feelings. Use your head!"

Kronos slammed Iapetus into the wall. "You know nothing," he snapped. "I am thinking! I'm thinking about the safety of the whole world, Iapetus!"

Iapetus froze. "What?"

But Kronos had disappeared back into the mess hall.

The King strode to the Titan area of the mess hall and beckoned Krios over. The older Titan excused himself from the group and jogged over. "Yes?" he asked.

Kronos led him over to a corner where they could speak without being overheard. "I'll be leaving to check on something in Alaska. I should be back by the night."

"Should?" Krios asked uneasily.

Kronos grimaced. "If all goes to plan."

Krios raised an eyebrow before he shook his head. "I won't ask. Just try to not get yourself killed."

Kronos nodded. "Of course."

*eight days previously*

"You're saying," Athena said slowly, "that my daughter is burning up from the inside-out and you waited until after the battle to tell me?"

Apollo winced. "I thought the battle was more important. I mean, I know she's an immortal demigod so I thought she'd be able to survive until you got back. And she has."

"You could have told me!" Athena exclaimed.

"You were in the middle of fighting a battle," Apollo pointed out.

"That's not the point," Athena said exasperatedly.

"We're wasting time," Will interrupted. "Annabeth's still going to die if we don't' start soon."

Apollo nodded and spun around, nearly running into the infirmary. Athena rushed in behind him, stopping only when she reached Annabeth's bed.

"She fell unconscious about two hours ago," Apollo said. "Will, how have her vitals been?"

"Generally stable," Will said. "And I've been keeping the nectar IV going like you said."

Apollo nodded. "Good."

"So what do we do now?" Will asked.

Apollo rubbed his hands together. "Give her an overdose of nectar and ambrosia so she erupts into her divine form. Can you take the IV out, Will?"

Will quickly did so as Athena grabbed several flasks of nectar and half a dozen squares of ambrosia. "Will I be able to stay?" Will asked.

"It should be safe," Apollo said. "But I can't be sure. You choose."

Will nodded. "I'll stay," he said confidently.

Apollo nodded slightly as he tilted Annabeth up on the bed. "Then you can help Athena overload her system. I mean Annabeth's system," he corrected at Athena's glare.

Athena sighed. "Let's just do this, Apollo. Preferably without your irritating comments."

Apollo frowned. "I wouldn't say they're irritating."

Athena shook her head. "Just shut up, Apollo."

The god nodded. "Right. Shutting up."

Athena ignored him and slowly trickled one whole flask of nectar into Annabeth's mouth. Will picked up another one and did the same when Athena was done. Annabeth's temperature rapidly rose and her skin started smoking.

Apollo frowned. "Will," he said, "you're going to want to cover your eyes. It's gonna be a big explosion."

Annabeth shifted, her eyes opening. "Mom?"

"How does it feel, Annabeth?" Apollo asked before Athena could reply.

"Hot," Annabeth said, her voice surprisingly not shaking. "But a good hot."

Athena smiled. "You're going to be a goddess, Annabeth."

"With Percy," Annabeth said firmly.

Athena frowned. "Yes. With the sea spawn."

"Last one, Annabeth," Apollo said. "This'll probably hurt."

Annabeth nodded and let Will trickle the nectar into her mouth, squeezing her eyes shut as her already burning body overheated more.

Then she abruptly erupted into an explosion of light. Will's jaw dropped. "Whoa," he breathed.

Athena smiled. Annabeth's divine form was a grey the colour of the clouds on a stormy day with streaks of white light intertwined with the grey. A faint outline of Annabeth was inside the light.

"Now," Athena said, "Annabeth. It should feel like you are floating. Think about your mortal form and draw it back into yourself. Think of turning off your divine form."

There was almost a minute of silence before Annabeth managed to change back into her mortal form. She took several deep breaths. "That was harder than I expected."

"It'll become easier with time," Athena assured her. "For now, however, you'll have to stay on Olympus until you can control yourself. Do you know your domains?"

Annabeth nodded. "Yes. Architecture and weaknesses."

Apollo raised an eyebrow. "Weaknesses? That's interesting."

"It's helpful," Athena corrected. "Especially against Kronos and the other Titans. Come on, Annabeth, let's go inform Zeus of your domains."

Annabeth nodded and sat up, getting off the bed. She followed Athena out of the room with a smile on her face.

It was dark outside. Kronos was late.

Percy stared out to the north, the whole of California spreading out beneath him. He knew Kronos was somewhere in Alaska.

Percy frowned, his gut twisting itself into knots – he had a bad feeling about this. It was an irritating twitch in the back of his brain, that something was wrong. Percy concentrated, trying to find Kronos' presence. He focused on the feeling that Kronos emitted – the way everything seemed slightly slow around him – and the tower disappeared around him.

Snow was coming down around him, so thick he could barely see. The sound of the blizzard messed with his hearing, and coldness numbed his fingers. But the hilt of Backbiter was resting solidly in his hand. He spun, trying to hear any sounds that could give him a warning, but there was nothing.

Then something slammed into the blade of Backbiter, sending the blade flying off into the snow. And a split second later pain rippled down his back as a sword hacked through his armour.

A foot was planted squarely in his chest and he was flung backwards, his head slamming into a tree which loomed out of nowhere behind him. He fell face-down onto the snow covered ground and tried to force himself up with his hands, but his back flared with pain. He clenched his jaw as he heard the snow crunching – they were walking towards him.

They crouched down beside him, gripping his chin and forcing him to look at them. "Let's see how long you last shall we? Out here in the snow and cold. With no one around to help you. You see, Kronos, I will take over soon. And there will be no one to stop me once you die out here tonight."

And Percy was wrenched back into his own body, supporting his weight on the parapets as his legs threatened to collapse beneath him. There were two things he was sure of – Kronos was in grave danger, and Erebus was responsible for it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 754 20
Percy and the seven have just defeated Gaea and were summoned to Olympus. The gods wanted to thank them for their bravery and loyalty, and offer each...
341K 7.2K 41
What if Percy didn't make it out of Tartarus? What if he sacrificed himself to let Annabeth and Bob live? In the desperate hour, Percy decides that h...
5.7K 67 50
After the war against Gaea, all the seven besides Percy end up dying. To protect the camp from himself and his insane mood changes, Percy heads to sp...
268 2 19
Something really bad happened, will Percy make it through unscathed? Probably not, but he'll try. This takes place right after the war against Gaea