I Don't Like You

By creatistx

I felt a hand under my chin and then I was looking right into Aiden's eyes. "You know that I care about you... More

Intro and Cast
Playlist
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Authors Note
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Part 2- Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilouge
My Other Books
BONUS CHAPTER
Happy Author's Day!
Christmas Chapter
Super Special Christmas Bonus!

Chapter 23

4.6K 196 16
By creatistx

Chapter 23: I don't like nightmares

I was currently at Aiden's house. I shouldn't want to be here but I am. I should feel guilty, but I don't. A part of me wants to be here with Aiden; even though I don't know why he wants me here in the first place. However, I already missed Cookie. She was so cute.

It was about ten at night and I was sitting we were sitting on a couch that was in his room. Before we even turned on the TV, we argued over what to watch. Eventually we settled for a random comedy. My mom said it was okay that I can sleep over a 'friends' house. I couldn't tell him it was Aiden because I'd never hear the end of it. Sure it was Aiden, but Aiden was a boy. So yeah....

Once the movie we were watching ended, Aiden turned to me. "Ready for bed?" Ready for bed... My face heated up and I bit my lip.

"Um......yeah." He saw the uncertainty in my face.

"It's okay, Corey. I won't touch you or make any moves or anything. I promise." He didn't seem like he was lying. His voice seemed sincere.

Was it possible that the Soft Aiden had returned to me? I still don't know what triggers him to bring that side out. He was so frustrating. Everything about the past two weeks have been frustrating. I just wanted to understand.

"Wouldn't this be considered as cheating." I asked him. "I would be cheating on Peyton?" He thought about it while shifting on his feet.

I didn't want to cheat on Peyton. To be honest, I don't even know why I said yes. A part of me wanted to come and stay with Aiden. I feel like I should be feeling guilty and should regret that feeling, but I didn't. Why didn't I regret it?!

"I wouldn't say it would be cheating. It's not like we're having sex or something." Yeah, the soft Aiden was back. He would usually tease me after a comment like that, but he didn't. My face also heated up thinking about me and Aiden actually having sex.

"Alright. If you say so." Aiden went to the dresser and pulled out a t-shirt and sweatpants. He handed them to me.

"You'll be more comfortable in these." I took them with a smile.

"Thanks."

"No problem." He ruffled my hair. I went into the bathroom to change.

When I came back into the room, Aiden was already laying down. I joined him and soon, we were facing each other; sort of like last week.

"You alright?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah. Just confused."

"About what?" I was confused about a lot of things. I still didn't know why Aiden hates Peyton. Just because Peyton hated him doesn't mean he has to hate Peyton. And I know that's not the case because of when we were locked in the school last week. They obviously had something between them that they weren't telling me.

Also, I was confused about the feelings I've been having lately. When someone mentions that me and Peyton are dating, it makes me feel weird; like I'm doing something wrong. But it's different when they say something about me and Aiden. It makes me blush and my face gets hot. It's like my head says it should be this way, but my heart is feeling something different. I didn't even understand it.

I was confused why Aiden even wanted me here to stay with him. I was confused why I even said yes.

"Why do you want me to stay here with you?" I asked him.

"I told you. If you're not here, they'll come back." He said simply. What?

"What will come back?" Just tell me, dammit.

"The nightmares." He said in a quiet voice while his eyes stayed on mine. Nightmares?

Why would Aiden have nightmares?

"What nightmares?" I felt his eyes hold me captive.

"I can trust you, right?" He seemed serious. Was it that personal? Geez... I nodded my head at him. "Okay. Sometimes I have nightmares that Naomi and I are still together. Then, she breaks my heart; just like what she did to me in reality."

Wow.

"It's the same dream over and over again. I don't know why it keeps happening but, you'd think I'd be used to it by now. I'm not. I can still feel the way it felt when I saw her with some random guy. I can still feel the anger, the sadness, the shock, the confusion, and the massive pain she caused me. I relive it over and over again and it still hurts."

Before I even realized what I was doing, I scooted closer to Aiden and wrapped my arms around him. I buried my head in his chest and closed my eyes. He put his arms around my waist and put his face in my hair.

"But when you're with me, they don't come. The nightmares are gone and I can sleep without having to relive my heartache." Oh my gosh.....

I stopped his nightmares from happening. How? Why me, though? It seems as anytime, my questions are answered, new ones pop in, replacing them. I just wanted the whole truth.

"Well, I'm here right now for you." It was true. Even though I don't understand, I still didn't want him to suffer and relive that pain that hurt him so much.

"Thanks, kitten." We were both silent after that. After a few minutes of quiet, I could hear the steady breathing of Aiden. He fell asleep and I soon started to feel my eyes get heavy.

***************

Aiden and I walked into school side by side. Last night wasn't so bad. We just slept and he brought me to school. It was simple as that. I was happy that I could keep his nightmares away.

We were talking about my birthday yesterday when Jackson approached us.

"Look at you guys. Walking down the hall together without one of you choking the other." I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'll see you later, Aiden." He nodded his head before walking off. When I turned to Jackson, he was studying me with a weird expression on his face. I didn't like it.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He kept eyeing me.

"What's going on between you and Aiden?" He blurted out. I furrowed my eyebrows. What kind of question is that?

"Nothing......" I drawled out, still confused.

He was about to reply when the bell cut him off. We started making our way to first period but that doesn't mean we were done with this conversation.

Aiden's P.O.V

The bell went off and I groaned. I didn't feel like going to class. Screw whatever Mr.James said. I headed out the back doors, into the school garden. and leaned against the building. I pulled out a cigarette before lighting it and putting it between my lips.

It felt good waking up next to Corey this morning. Her sleeping figure was calm and gentle. I smiled remembering the little bit of drool on the pillow. I remember the urge to grab her and kiss her senseless.

Footsteps took me out of my thoughts. I turned to my left and saw Naomi coming towards me. Just great....

"Hey Aiden." She said softly. I just looked at her. I'll admit, I never officially got over Naomi. There was still a tiny part of me that cared for her. However, Ive fallen in love again. Even though I promised myself I wouldn't because of what the girl in front of me caused me. She caused me pain. But, I've fallen in love with Corey; and I don't even know how it happened.

"I just want to let you know I'm really sorry about what happened between you and me. I really do feel awful about it." I knew that was a damn lie. Naomi knew that I knew she cheated, but she didn't know that I know the whole truth.

She never loved me. She only pretended like she did, and that's why it hurt the most. I loved someone and they didn't love me back when I thought they did. It's the worst feeling in the world. That's why I couldn't trust my heart anymore.

"I know you feel awful. I feel awful too, but that doesn't change anything between you and me." I said dropping the cigarette on the ground and stepping on it. I wasn't going to pretend to forgive her. Hell no.

"What do you mean. I thought we could go back to the way things were." She told me. "I think we should just forget about it and move on." I don't think so.

"I've already moved on; just not with you." Yeah I was harsh about it, but she sure didn't care about being harsh when she trying to shove her tongue down someone else's throat.

"Don't tell me there's someone else." She scoffed. My eyes widened at the sudden change of her tone.

"Excuse me?" I scoffed back. She rolled her eyes. Why was she suddenly acting like a jerk? I knew she was a jerk before but I didn't think she would be so upfront with me.

"Please, I can read you better than anyone else on this planet. I can tell that you're in love with someone else. So who is it, Aiden?" She spat at me. I glared at her.

I don't what was happening with Naomi, but the little care I had left for her is slowly fading away. She wasn't wrong though, she could tell me better than anyone. Peyton already knew about how I felt about Corey; I don't need Naomi knowing too.

She would eventually find out, but she didn't need to know now. "It doesn't matter because she's not you and she will never be you. So this conversations over. Why don't you go shove your tongue down someone's throat." I started to walk away from her when she pulled me back.

Her next move surprised me. Her arms instantly wrapped around my neck and smashed her lips against mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 706 57
Love. A word that never made sense to Ivy Blanchard. Yes, she helps all of her friends with every relationship because she wants to see them happy, b...
5M 156K 72
For a second I turned my back when I felt strong arms grab my waist and pull me back. Reese forced me to sit on his lap as I felt his lips near my ne...
1K 30 18
"I'm better than you even when I'm drunk." He drunkenly walked over to me and between my legs, so close that our noses almost touched, "No you cheat...
107K 3.5K 48
I finally looked up at him and laughed. As soon as our gazes locked I think I was going melt by the intensity in his eyes. "Just promise one thing, n...