Sweetheart • Alec Lightwood

By crimzun

"Stop calling me that!" "Call you what, sweetheart?" He threw his arm up in frustration. ••• In which a Dow... More

000
Playlist
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
00
009
01
010
011
012
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
The End • Part 1
The End • Part 2
The End • Part 3
BONUS
Snippets and gifs
BONUS 2
Christmas bonus!

013

30.3K 892 199
By crimzun

"Where is she? Where's Clary?" Jace shouted at Alec and Axel. The latter glared at Jace and let out a frustrated sigh.

"Are you brain dead? Because I'm pretty sure I told you that Clary is gone on the phone!" Axel told Jace who ran his finger in his hair and glared at Axel.

"What do you mean, gone?" Jace empathized on the gone. Alec didn't open his mouth so Axel answered for him.

"It means she's not here. Seriously, did you go to school because I'm pretty sure everyone knows what gone means." Axel snarled at Jace. His stupidness was irritating him. He just wanted to sink his claw inside of him and rip his throat out but he couldn't because Alec would never talk to him again and he would be disgusted by him.

"She and Simon got arrested when I was securing the fire escape. I got distracted." Alec piped up and grabbed Axel's bicep so he wouldn't attack Jace. He slowly slid down his grip onto Axel's hand and intertwined their fingers.

"The mundane was here?" Jace questioned making Axel roll his eyes.

"Do you not listen? He just said Simon's name, dumbass." Axel snapped at him. It would take more than hand holding to make him not attack Jace.

"Simon? He's gone, too?" Isabelle asked but already knew the answer. Axel knew Isabelle had feelings for the soon to be vampire so he let go of Alec's hand and wrapped his arm around Isabelle.

"It was an unmarked car. I don't know where they took her." Alec supplied them with information about her disappearance. Axel had an arm wrapped around Isabelle's shoulder and the other one was tucked in his pocket.

"We need to parabatai track." Jace said before giving his hand to Alec. Since they had no object that Clary wore before she was gone, Axel couldn't use his tracking.

"Alec, concentrate." Jace said frustrated by everything. "Alec!"

"I'm doing it. She's not showing up." Alec defended himself taking his hand back. Oddly enough, Alec didn't crave Jace's touch but Axel's.

"Just like I thought. She wasn't arrested." Jace said pensive about everything. He looked back at Alec and Axel and narrowed his eyes.

"It was your job to look after her." Jace said to both of them. Axel removed his arm from Isabelle and clenched his fists.

"We did and it was your job to teach her how to defend herself which you did not do as well as you thought. Clary needs to learn how to fight. We're not always going to be there to protect Clary." Axel defended himself and Alec. Jace was beginning to get on his nerves. "And anyway, they won't kill her since they think she has the cup so we still can save her."

"You guys could've still prevented this." Jace argued and Axel had enough of it. Axel punched Jace making him stagger back.

"Are you so blinded by your feelings for Clary that you've lost sight of us? Clary snuck out. I went after her to protect her. I did nothing you haven't done a thousand times before." Alec said pushing Axel behind him in case he punched him again. Although Alec wanted to hit Jace too, they needed to find Clary.

"Yes, you did. You lost her."

"Enough, all of you." Isabelle said. "Alec and Axel were protecting her but if it was you, Jace, they would have still captured Clary. So now, can we just concentrate on getting Clary and Simon back." All three of them nodded.

A ring echoed in the small silence. Axel's ear perked up.

"That's Clary's phone." He said searching for it. When he found it, he answered the call and put it on speaker.

"Clary, holy shit. Are you okay?" Axel breathed out. Everyone huddled towards Axel.

"It's me, Simon."

"Where are you? Where's Clary?" Jace asked.

"I don't know. Some Chinese restaurant, I think? This cop Alaric arrested us, but it was a total fake-out.Him and his buddy, they took us to their hangout and then they told Clary that they'll kill her if they don't find the Cup."

"Just calm down, all right? Tell us what you see." Isabelle said with a soothing voice.

"Okay. Uh Uh, we're definitely on a pier. There's a ton of water. Uh I see lockers and I'm in some sort of torture chamber. There's claw marks all over the wall."

The gang all murmured, "Werewolves."

"Okay, Simon, you need to get more specific. Tell us what you see. Help us find you."

"There's nothing else that can help. Wait, hold on! Hold on. I'm at the Jade Wolf Chinese Restaurant on the pier at Greene St. And they have really inexpensive cocktails. Just hurry, just hurry."

"You need to create a diversion. Stall them." Axel said to Simon who started freaking out.

"How? All I have are clothes and a lighter."

"Start a fire, mundane." Alec said.

"That never works! Have you ever seen an action movi-"

"We're on our way." Isabelle interrupted Simon's freak out. Axel closed the call and the group and they made their way to Clary and Simon.

~

Axel was the one to find Clary while everyone fought. He gave Clary a big hug and let out a relieved breath.

"God, I am so glad you're okay." Axel murmured against Clary's hair. "Come on, we need to leave."

When they joined the group, Clary engulfed Simon in a hug.

"I hate to break up this little reunion, but we got a bunch of werewolves trying to kill us so maybe we should get going." Jace snapped at them making Axel punch him in the arm. Alec grabbed Axel by his shoulder and moved him out of Jace's way.

"Wait, wait, the box. My backpack. I think I left it at the loft." Clary said making Axel shake his head.

"No, we've got it. We didn't screw up everything." Axel gave a pointed look at Jace.

"Let's get out of here, then." Simon said making his way out of here.

"Wait, Simon! Whatever you do, do not make any fast moves." Isabelle said pulling him back.

"Please do." Alec said under his breath wanting no one to hear his comment but Axel did and he let out small chuckle.

"This can't be good. We're surrounded. Everyone, stay together." Jace ordered. Everyone stood next to each other and looked at the pack.

"Believe me, I'm not going anywhere." Simon said looking at the werewolves with wide eyes filled with fear. Axel sighed and walked towards the wolves.

"Okay, let's make a deal. You let us go and I don't rip your throats out with my teeth." Axel said flashing his canines and claws. His were different than any downworlders. Every wolves back down except the alpha who growls loudly at Axel.

"Oh, look. You and Jace would be great friends, ya know? Bonding over your stupidity." The alpha leaped towards Axel but he backhanded him making the wolf fly to the other side. Luke catches the alpha by its throat and they began to duel for the dominance in the pack.

"Anyone else wants to die?" When all the wolves backed down and laid their head on the ground in submission. Luke wobbled towards the group and almost fell but Axel helped him up.

"We need to get him to Magnus. He can cure the alpha's bite." Axel informed them and everyone scrambled to help.

"I promised your mother I'd always protect you." Luke said to Clary.

"Come on, we have to go to Magnus. Simon! You're driving." Axel ordered. "Isabelle, sweetheart, go back to the institute and give your mom a report. Jace, Clary, Simon, we are going to Magnus. Now can one of you boys help me out here? Luke isn't skinny."

"I never should have doubted you."

"We never should have lied to you." Luke said and he felt drowsy. Everything was spinning until the darkness claimed him.

"Luke. We're getting you help, okay? Just, please, don't leave me again. I can't have anyone else die because of me."

________________

Sorry for not updating for weeks. Exams are taking up a lot of my time and I still don't know what's going to happen next in Sweetheart.

Do you like this cover or the one before?

Ill see you soon, ADIOS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 4.3K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
326K 11.4K 34
❝ I fear no monsters for no monsters I see. For all this time, the monster had been me. ❞ -𝙧. 𝙙. IN WHICH A SHADOWHU...
747 30 15
*This is the first installment of the Malec Rewritten series.* *Disclaimer: This story contains possible spoilers. I recommend reading the whole (TMI...
3.8K 131 24
Hello! So most of the fanfics I've been reading on here have to do with Magnus and Alec breaking up or one of them dying etc. This one doesn't. Soooo...