Creepy Pastas and other creep...

By X_MrShadow_X

A collection of my favorite creepy pastas and short scary stories More

Creepy Pasta
The Scream Of The End
The Devils Chamber
Has Anyone Else Seen It Or Am I The Only One?
Noises
The Road
Reflection
Shadow
Jeff The Killer
Laughing Jack
The Origin of Laughing Jack
Penpal: Footsteps (1/6)
Penpal: Balloons (2/6)
Penpal: Boxes (3/6)
Penpal: Maps (4/6)
Penpal: Screens (5/6)
Penpal: Friends (6/6)
The Strangest Security Tape I Have Ever Seen
BEN DROWNED (haunted majoras mask)
Humans can lick too
I'm no human
The Thing in the window
Bad dream
The clown, the paint, and the turbines
The Bath Game ( Daruma - San )
Skin Walker
Man in the woods
Facless Man
Love.
Mirror
Through the trees (Seed Eater)
New Cell Phone
Upstairs
3:00 AM
The Girl in the Photograph
THE SCARIEST VIDEO GAME EVER
Eyeless Jack
Eyeless Jack Experience
Squidwards Suicide
Gateway To The Mind
Bed Time
Bubba
Satellite Images
Out in The Woods
Robert the Doll ( true story )
Always Look Behind You
Don't forget to blink
Selfie
Fear of the dark
The lost child
Super Powers
The Blank Revolt
Spiders
An Egg
NoEnd House
NoEnd House II - Maggie
NoEnd House Part 3: Part 1
NoEnd House Part 3: Part 2
It Hurts A Bit...
Ten Ways To Die and Exactly How They Feel
Quitting
Beware of Earbuds
The Russian Sleep Experiment
My Dead Girlfriend Keeps Messaging Me on Facebook...
If You Want to Live, Look Down.
Very Short Horror Story #1
There's Something Terribly Wrong With My Son
Very Short Horror Story #2
My Daughter Learned to Count (Short Horror Story)
(Series) My Dad Told Me to Never Go Into The Basement
Something is really wrong with my students
Backwards
The Monster in The Pantry
Radio Silence
Afraid of the water? I wasn't, until it happened....
I shouldn't have cheated.
I killed my best friend when I was eleven...
I recorded myself sleeping
So... uh... there's something weird about my refrigerator.
I share a room with my autistic brother. He's been talking in his sleep.
My Neighbour's Baby Died
I Planted A Tree When My Daughter Was Born
A package marked "Return to sender"
7 Foot 'Man'
An Abandoned Television

It Haunted Us From The Baby Monitor

533 7 1
By X_MrShadow_X

It Haunted Us From The Baby Monitor

It started four months after the birth of our beautiful baby girl. Our little girl was the sweetest, most gentle little newborn any new parent could have asked for. We named our little one after the month she was born, May. May was born on a rainy night, I was the only one in labor on the entire floor that night. Like any new mother I was exhausted after hours of labor, all I wanted to do was rest. My husband Matt looked after our little one while I rested but eventually he fell asleep too.

I was laying in my bed watching my new family sleep peacefully when I felt the sudden urge to use the restroom. I called for my nurse asking her to help me get up and walk over to the bathroom. After a few minutes the nurse came in, I hushed her as she began speaking; I pointed at Matt who was passed out on the sofa. The nurse and I quietly exited and began walking to the bathroom. As we were making our way back to my bed another nurse came in carrying a small blanket. She walked in and began looking around, when my nurse asked her who she was looking for her coworker looked confused. She began explaining to us that as she was passing over to the nurse station she walked passed our room and saw a little girl with long black hair standing on her tiptoes looking at the newborn baby. The nurse mentioned that the little girl was wearing a dress and assumed she might like a blanket since the room was a little chilly.

I looked at my nurse confused and a little worried that someone else's kid could just walk into my room and look at my newborn without anyone but the nurse noticing. I quickly told her that May was my first born and that we weren't expecting any visitors. I asked if perhaps the little girl had gotten separated from her parent's room however my nurse was quick to mention that there were no families at the moment with children on the floor.

A few months after that Matt and I moved into our new home, we were immediately welcomed by everyone and liked our new neighborhood. As we were unpacking and setting up May's room I pulled out some baby monitors that we were planning on using now that May would be sleeping on her own. Matt and I were testing the baby monitors for a while, he was upstairs in May's room while I was downstairs in the kitchen. After a few successful tries I began making dinner, leaving the baby monitor on the counter. I was cutting vegetables when I began hearing static on the monitor, thinking that Matt was probably still upstairs messing with it I ignored it and turned it off. I walked over to the fridge when I heard a very faint voice, I walked over to the counter and picked up the monitor pressing firmly against my ear.

A very faint but identifiable noise was coming from the static, I realized right away that it sounded like a young child laughing. I turned around and looked at May, she lay quietly on her swing sleeping soundly. I turned back to the monitor trying to make out the noise again when it suddenly stopped, the lights on the monitor went down and stayed off. Matt came in at that moment through the backdoor carrying some tools from the shed. I asked him if he had taken the baby monitor with him outside, he looked at me and laughed a little at my strange question. He replied back saying that he had left the baby monitor upstairs a while ago. I began telling him what I had just heard, he shrugged it off and explained that it was most likely interference from another family's monitor.

A few days after that I decided to take May to the park, we left home and began making our way down the street when my next door neighbor stopped us. My next door neighbor was a sweet old lady, she began talking to May and asked me how everything was going. She was very good around May, she held her excitedly and began telling me how nice it was to have a baby in the neighborhood.

I asked her if there were other children in the neighborhood to which she quickly replied no, "Oh sweetheart there haven't been any children here in a long time. But it sure is nice to finally have one around".

She continued playing with May as I began remembering the baby monitor static. I assumed that the monitor probably didn't work anymore and told myself to remember later to tell Matt that we needed a new one when she began talking again. She mentioned that she was always willing to babysit in case Matt and I ever needed it.

I thanked her for her offer and began pushing May's stroller when she suddenly turned towards me and replied, "Of course dear, I understand if you need a break, this little one has a mouth doesn't she? I heard her cries all last night, I couldn't help but think what strong lungs she has".

I looked at her confused, and began explaining that May always slept through the night and cried very little. May certainly didn't cry loud or long enough for someone next door to hear. She nodded then winked at me, she most likely thought that I was attempting to hide my embarrassment at being unable to control my crying baby when she turned and walked back to her house. That night I told Matt what our neighbor had said, he laughed saying exactly what I had earlier "May sleeps through the night and hardly ever cries, that old lady is crazy or is probably missing her meds". I agreed and asked him to replace the baby monitors before changing the conversation.

The next day Matt installed the new baby monitors before he left to work, May and I stayed home for the rest of the day. We left one baby monitor in May's room, another in our bedroom and left the other one in the kitchen. I was upstairs cleaning our room which was directly across the hall and two doors away from May's when I began hearing static again. I walked over to my night stand and sat on my bed attempting to make out a sound from the baby monitor. I didn't hear May crying but instead heard the same laughter I had heard with the previous monitor. I walked over to May's room carrying my monitor, once again she was sound asleep. May's monitor wasn't playing anything, it stood on her dresser silent. The lights didn't even turn on as I heard the laughter through the monitor I was carrying.

Thinking it was strange but not yet giving into any paranormal explanation I began walking downstairs to the kitchen when the sound suddenly stopped. I tried to shrug it off and continued cleaning figuring that perhaps the area we lived in made it easier to pick up sounds at a further distance. That night for dinner I didn't tell Matt about the noise incident earlier that day. Matt seemed tired from work and I didn't want to worry him with what seemed like nonsense. A few nights after that Matt and I were sleeping when I suddenly woke up, I was drenched in sweat and couldn't fall back to sleep. I decided to get up and check on May, as I walked across the hall towards her room I heard static noise coming from downstairs.

I stopped and pushed May's door open to make sure she wasn't awake but sure enough she was asleep as always. The static was coming from the kitchen, I knew it was coming from the monitor. Being sleepy and tired I became annoyed and decided to go downstairs and shut it off. I entered the kitchen and turned the lights on reaching for the monitor on the counter. I turned the monitor around looking for the button to shut it off when I realized that it was already off. I stood there dumbfounded and placed it back on the counter walking away thinking that perhaps I had imagined it when I heard the static again.

I turned around immediately, the little lights on the monitor were on. I walked over getting ready to throw the monitor across the room when the sound stopped again. There's a large trash bin next to the counter, it was one of those which you step on in order to flip the lid open. As I stood there staring down at the monitor I caught a glimpse of a reflection on the trash bin. For a few seconds I saw what looked like a small child, a little girl reflected on the trash bin and directly behind me. I turned around terrified expecting to see her however no one stood behind me. I looked around desperately trying to find what had made the reflection when the baby monitor in my hand turned on again. The laughter was more clear, it was a child laughing and giggling I dropped the monitor on the floor and darted up the stairs towards May's room.

More frightened than I had ever been in my life I picked up May and took her to our bedroom. I woke up Matt attempting to explain what I had just heard. He woke up still half asleep and went downstairs to check up on what I had heard. He came back upstairs a few minutes later looking at me like I was crazy, he went back to bed and fell asleep immediately after.

The next morning May and I were out front on the porch enjoying the beautiful day when my neighbor came over. She looked worn out, nervous and had black bags under her eyes, she wore her pajamas which were noticeably dirty. I greeted her asking if she wanted any lemonade before she interrupted me. She began saying how she hadn't been able to sleep well these past few days because of May's cries at night. I looked at her confused once again and explained to her the May hadn't been crying at night. She started to play with her hands nervously and began saying that she could hear May screaming and crying every night.

When she noticed that I didn't believing what she was telling me her entire personality changed in an instant. She started yelling out profanity telling me to "take my little shit away from here, and shut it the fuck up." Feeling threatened I stood up and went over to May picking her up while asking her to leave. She stood there looking at May angry and resentful, she kept yelling at us startling May as she began to cry. I threatened her with calling the cops and kept telling her to leave before she finally decided to walk off.

I went inside the house shaken up and upset that my neighbor would act in such a way where I felt threatened. I called Matt asking him to leave work early explaining what had happened, he immediately left the office and started heading home. As soon as he arrived I explained further what our neighbor had said, he became extremely upset. He held May as we talked about what she had said regarding May crying at night. He also didn't understand what our neighbor had said, May was a good baby she hardly gave any of us any grief. As we were talking we heard a knock on our door, thinking that it was our next door neighbor again Matt gave May to me as he went to see who was knocking.

I let out a sign of relief when our neighbor from across the street came in, Mr. Moss was one of the first friends we made when we moved in. Matt invited him to sit down offering him something to drink, Mr. Moss politely declined saying that he came over to talk to us about something important. Matt and I sat down, I laid May on her swing giving Mr. Moss my complete attention. He began explaining that earlier that morning he had seen our next door neighbor come over and start screaming at me. He explained that for a few days now our neighbor had been acting strange and he had noticed it when coming home from work.

He mentioned that on one particular night he pulled up to his house after working late when he noticed her outside. She was standing outside in her pajamas on the side of the house while looking up at a window above her. When I asked him for details on the window she was looking up at he explained that it was the one on the second floor in the front right corner of the house. I looked at Matt nervously as Mr. Moss described May's window, Matt held my hands tightly.

Mr. Moss went on to explain that after he pulled up to the driveway he noticed that she wasn't moving. He found it curious that she didn't even turn to look at what car had pulled up onto the cul de sac. Not wanting to spook her in case she hadn't noticed him he went inside his house to continue some work he still had left. He said that he worked on his laptop for a couple of hours before deciding to go to sleep. As he was turning off the lights he looked out the window noticing that my neighbor was still standing there staring up.

He started fidgeting on the sofa while he spoke to us as if what he was saying scared him. What he said next frightened me to the point of tears. This time she wasn't standing alone, he said he saw what seemed to be a little girl standing behind her looking at her. He estimated the little girl to be probably no more than five years old, she was wearing a dress and had long black hair. He mentioned that while looking outside of his window he gasped a little and that at that exact moment the little girl slowly turned away from my neighbor and turned her head to look his way. He said that at that moment, scared and started he immediately closed his blinds, and laid in bed too frightened to go to sleep. I asked him if he got up to look outside again later to which he replied no.

Matt and I thanked him as he left the house, we looked at each other deeply concerned about what he had just shared. After a few hours of discussion about potentially getting the police involved Matt got up to use the bathroom. I sat there completely lost in thought when I began hearing the baby monitor from the kitchen again. I stood up and ran to the kitchen, I stared at it while the familiar static slowly cleared to laughter. I picked up the monitor and ran towards the bathroom pressing it firmly against the door yelling at Matt to come out.

He opened the door asking what was wrong when he stopped to hear the laughter playing on the monitor. I gave the baby monitor to him as we ran upstairs to May's room, we had put her to sleep upstairs after she passed out on her swing. We ran inside her room nervous and scared, when we saw that she lay still and sleeping in her crib we looked at each other confused. The monitor he was holding suddenly went silent from the static, I stared at it before turning it around and shutting it off. We stood there in silence attempting to rationalize what had just happened when the monitor in our bedroom turned on and began letting out the same laughter we had just heard.

The door was open and the baby monitor stood on my night stand, Matt and I could see it clearly from May's room. The laughter got louder and louder as it suddenly started playing on all three monitors. I picked up May scared and crying at the same time, Matt held me as he dropped the monitor he was holding. The laughter went from a child's laughter to something that sounded completely demonic. May woke up and began crying at the chaos in her room, Matt and I were getting ready to make a run for it when the laughter suddenly stopped.

Right as we began running out of the room the voice let out one last piercing scream, it screamed "CRY". As soon it said that we heard a gunshot that sounded like it had come from next door. We ran out as fast as we could, other neighbors started to come out of their homes getting ready to investigate the gunshot. We bumped into Mr. Moss waiting for the police to arrive when two men decided to go inside our next door neighbor's house and investigate.

After a few minutes one immediately came running out yelling "We need an ambulance!!" After about an hour standing outside Matt and I were still too afraid to go back inside our house for our car keys. We waited outside among all the police officers and Mr. Moss hoping to overhear what had happened. A short stubby lady that lived a few houses down came up to us explaining that she had just overheard one of the men who had gone in to investigate. She said that the men found our next door neighbor's body sitting in a chair looking directly out the window with a gunshot in her head. I stood there stunned to hear that she had decided to take her life when the lady continued speaking. She said that the gun was on the floor and that she had cuts all around her arms which seemed to be self-inflicted.

She went on to explain that the directly behind her on the wall she had spelled out "she won't stop crying" in her own blood.

Matt and I left the majority of things at that house, we moved across the country and kept in contact with only Mr. Moss over the years. We wanted to leave everything behind us and start a new life with May. Nothing paranormal happened to us for years and we were perfectly happy to move on.

May is now five years old, she's a brilliant curious, happy and loving child. Matt needed a few things from our storage this week and brought some old boxes home. This morning May came into the kitchen excited and attempting to get my attention as I was putting away dishes. I had my back turned on her as she kept repeating "mama, girl, girl, she's funny, mama, she's laughing".

I finally turned around thinking that she was talking about her play date next door when I dropped the plate I was holding on the floor. The plate shattered on the floor as did my heart when I saw what my little girl was holding up next to her ear. May was holding one of the old baby monitors from the old house and on it I could hear a child's laughter.

Credit to "Mixiacoo" of Reddit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 93 16
Creepy stories that will keep you up at night
1K 17 13
Creepypasta
1.4K 11 10
These are all kinds of stories about what's true and what is not true... WARNING!! IF YOU GET SCARED EASILY DO NOT READ THIS...
98 1 37
A Creepypasta is a short internet horror story that is copied and pasted all over the web, this is a collection of my personal favorites.