Finding the Missing Piece: Bo...

By cogdill

Parenthood has finally found Katniss and Peeta Mellark. In this story they are going to be learning to live l... More

Prologue/Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One-Hundred
Chapter One Hundred-One/Sequel info.

Chapter Ninety-Six

1.2K 76 77
By cogdill

Peeta POV- (The next day)

"Why did you come? I told you not to come." I say, crying as I see Katniss walk through the door.

She looks like she's been crying all night and knowing her, she probably has.

Katniss rushes over to me and wraps her arms around me, crying into my chest.

"I love you so much." She cries hysterically, leaning up to kiss the little bruises on my cheek.

I feel tears falling down my own face, "I'm so sorry, I don't know what happened. I am sorry you didn't know earlier when it happened but the storms were so bad, we couldn't get ahold of you." I tell her, holding her shaky body to me.

Before Mason showed up, I was afraid I wouldn't get to see my girls again or be there to meet my son.

"I was so mad because you wouldn't answer your phone. I was so worried." She cries.

I sigh, "I don't think I have a phone anymore. Or a car." I add.

"We will get you a new phone and a new car." She says.

"I can wait. It's gonna cost a lot of money to get me this surgery I'm going to need." I reveal to her.

"You have to have a surgery?" Katniss asks me worriedly, taking my hands in hers.

"Yes, but I will be just fine." I assure her, even though I am in some of the worst pain I have been in my life.

She leans down and presses her lips to mine, running her fingers through my hair.

"You scared me to death." Katniss sobs.

"I know. I am so sorry." I say truthfully.

All night long I dreamt of her and Willow and Rye.

I know it scared her terribly and that she must've been going crazy all day and night.

And I really didn't want her to come because of the risks but I expected she would either way. 

Katniss is always here when I need her no matter what the circumstance, she's always there for me.

"I love you so much, Katniss. I love you, don't ever forget that." I mumble into her ear and kiss her cheek repeatedly.

I hold her close to me for a long time, I feel Rye moving around against my chest where her belly is and I cry harder.

I wrap my arms around her waist and press my lips against her swollen belly, so glad that I am not dead.

"I love you so much, Rye." I say softly and kiss her belly repeatedly as she cries.

"I don't know what I would've done if you would have died." She chokes out.

"You would have kept your promises to me and taken care of Willow and Rye." I say truthfully.

Exactly what Bristol was talking about right before the crash.

Katniss stays sane for Willow's sake, really even to this day.

"I didn't want you to miss his appointment either and you did." I say.

She takes a deep breath, "I am sorry, I had to come. I will reschedule."

"But I wanted to know as soon as possible and so did you."

"Okay but that was before you were almost killed." She nearly snaps.

I sigh, "I didn't do it on purpose."

She frowns and takes my hands again, crying, "It wasn't your fault, Peeta. None of this was your fault."

I shrug, "I feel like it is."

"You sound like Carter now stop."

"She feels guilty about this?" I ask her worriedly.

Katniss shakes her head, "Some things happened last night that made her feel that way on top of everything else. Blake left. He dropped both girls off on the doorstep and left. He had told Carter he didn't love her and it was her fault he was leaving.

I feel my heart race faster and I narrow my eyes at the ground, "I'm gonna kill him."

"No, you're gonna leave him alone and worry about your leg."

"My leg will be fine but Carter's feelings won't."

"I already assured her none of this was her fault, none of it."

"I know." I sigh.

She sits on the side of my bed and puts her hand on my chest, looking me right in the eyes for the longest time.

"What?" I ask her softly.

"I just hate seeing you like this, that's all." She shakes her head.

I sigh, "I will be alright."

"I know but what other bad things are going to happen? I thought that it couldn't get worse than it was when they told us about Rye last week and then this happens to you and then the whole thing with Bristol and Carter." She says frantically.

I frown, rubbing her back gently, "I know it seems bad but you know it could be way way worse."

"Yeah, you could be dead." She pouts.

I put some loose hair behind her ear and rub her cheek with my thumb, "But I am not going anywhere."

She leans her cheek against my hand and frowns.

She needs sleep.

"What if something happens in your surgery?"

"Like what?" I ask.

"Like-like-I don't know just what if something happened?"

"Nothing is going to happen." I argue with her.

She sighs, frustratedly, "I just want you to be safe."

"I'm safe, Katniss. I couldn't be better now that you are here." I say truthfully.

"I-I-I just ugh, I'm so frustrated and my head is spinning-"

"Go get some sleep." I interrupt her.

"But I want to stay with you." She argues.

I sigh, "I would love for you to stay with me but I think you just need to have my grandma take you to the ranch and you and the girls stay in the guest house until we can go home. You all need some good sleep I'm sure."

She frowns, "But Peeta-" Katniss says, her eyes filled with tears.

"My surgery isn't until like 5pm. It's only 9. Go with my grandma and let her fix you something good to eat and you go to bed. You can come back right before I go in." I instruct her.

Katniss pouts her lip, I swear if she wasn't pregnant she wouldn't be this whiney but she is and she's tired which is not a great mix.

"Will you let me stay with you tonight?"

"The girls can't stay in the house alone."

"But Gale came with me so he could watch them or your grandma or Mason?" She argues.

"They need their Aunt Katniss and Willow needs her Mommy. And I highly doubt they would let you stay with me since you're pregnant." I say truthfully.

"Do you even want me to be here?" She snaps.

"Yes, of course I would love for you to be here but the girls need you."

Carter and Carson don't have their mother right now and Willow is gonna be really upset if neither Katniss and I aren't around. And I don't want her up here possibly getting sick.

Katniss groans, crossing her arms over her baby bump.

"Katniss, don't be like that. You know that I love you and I just want you to go take care of our baby girl and Bristol's. And I also want you to quit stressing out so much because it can't be good for Rye."

She shrugs, "I'm sorry, Peeta. I just haven't slept since you left yesterday and I'm emotional."

I laugh a little, "You are a little emotional and I know you haven't done anything but worried so go get some rest. Have Mason or Gale or someone bring you back up here right before and you can see me when I get out."

She stands up and leans down, pressing a kiss to my forehead, "I love you. I will see you soon."

"I love you too." I say as she walks out of the door, leaving me completely alone, even though the voice of my daughter is heard from outside my room.

***Dun dun dunnnnn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.4K 37
This is the follow up to 'Enternal Love Katniss & Peeta' Well, they've been through a lot, the hunger games, the quell, the rebellion, the death of...
53.2K 2.3K 32
This Is The First Book Of The Series The Lucky One. The Everdeens and Mellarks are enemies. Katniss is just a normal 20 year old living her life. Pe...
319K 13.6K 101
Katniss and Peeta, now engaged, are heading off to college to begin their Forever and Always. They have gone through a lot but they now have a fresh...
34.4K 156 25
It's been 3 years after the war, Peeta and Katniss are dating. Peeta wants kids but Katniss doesn't. Will Katniss cave and give Peeta his dream that...