Call Of The Wild. Book ii.

By Maroon1479

Mat is learning everyday what it means to be Alpha. Thinking all her troubles might get solved one step at a... More

part one - i.
part one - ii.
part one - iii.
part one - iv.
part one - v.
part one - vi.
part one - vii.
part one - viii.
part one - ix.
part one - x.
part one - xi.
part one - xii.
part one - xiii.
part one - xiv.
part one - xv.
part one - xvi.
part one - xvii.
part one - xviii.
part one - xix.
part one - xx.
part one - xxi.
part two - xxii.
part two - xxiii.
part two - xxiv.
part two - xxv.
part two - xxvi.
part two - xxvii.
part two - xxviii.
part two - xxix.
part two - xxx.
part two - xxxi.
part two - xxxii.
part two - xxxiii.
part two - xxxiv
part two - xxxv.
part two - xxxvi.
part two - xxxvii.
part two - xxxviii.
part two - xxxix.
part two - xl.
part two - xli.
part two - xlii.
part two - xliii.
part two - xliv.
part two - lv.
part two - xlvii
part two - xlviii.
Epilogue.

part two - xlvi

563 52 4
By Maroon1479

When I got up to the house, I found a robe hanging over the banister of the porch. Grabbing it, I quickly threw my arms through the holes and tied it. My feet were covered in dirt as I walked in but luckily they had wood floors and not carpet.
I nervously pushed my hair behind my ears as I heard many voices at once as I walked over to the staircase. It wasn’t exactly annoying but it was hard to focus on what they were saying.

I nervously played with the ends of my hair as I made it to the hallway. When I made it to the door of my room, I thought I made it to safety until I smelt this scent masked with cologne.

I turned my head just as Tamaz stepped out of his room. He smiled as he looked at me and started heading towards my way, “Ellie, you are back. Great. How was it? You’re a fast running, we lost you last night but we knew you’ll track your way back. Got good senses I see.”

I did find my way back myself. It was so weird but I just followed the smell of the others back to here and it only took me thirty minutes. I had no idea where I was but it was like I knew where to go. His smile told me he knew nothing of Ulric, which settle me a little bit.

“Uh yeah, it was strangely easy. Guess Mat the tough one but I’m good at finding things.” I said.

“Which is good. Two tough wild wolves would probably be a mess. You both lead in a different kind of way.” he said.

I shrugged, “Mat better at it, everyone listens to her. Hey, do you if Zakaria made it back yet?”

He nodded, “He probably sleeping still. He made it back a few hours ago. Go wake him, he’ll be happy to see his future bride.” he said, putting his on my shoulder and patted it before walking away.

I stood there for a moment, realizing I will probably be Zakaria wife soon. The thought you should have excited me but only nervousness filled my stomach. I went inside the room and got inside the shower. I washed my dirty feet as I thought about what Ulric said.

It couldn’t be true right? I know Zakaria, he would never lie to me about something like that and why would he? I crouched down in the shower, staring down at the drain as water disappeared into it. Why can’t things ever be so simple for me? I wish I could be happy at the idea of getting married but it still scares me. I care so much about Zakaria and I know it’s best to just marry him. It would be settling at least. No more dating bullshit.

I brought my hands up to my face as I sighed heavily. I thought back to the woods where I left Ulric behind and a little part of me sadly wanted to believe him. Why didn’t I play around with him in wolf form? What made me do that? I wasn’t thinking at all. Maybe I was just very happy to finally shift.
I finished my shower and stepped out. I wrapped a towel around me and left the bathroom. I found Mat sitting on my bed and she looked up when I stepped out.

She gave me a warm smile, “Hey there.”

I walked over, “Hey.”

She patted the spot beside her, “Sit down, I wanna have a sisterly talk.”

My eyebrow arched as I slowly sat down beside her, “Alright?”

She chuckled, “I called home and told the good news. Of course Sophia and Clyde were upset to miss it but they said they were happy for you. And about the marriage, they're excited. Especially since it'll be there.”

I nodded, “Right.”

She took my hand in hers and placed her other hand on top, “It’s only been three years but we’ve come so far don't you think Aeriela?”

I nodded, “Yes Mat. Where are you going with this? I never seen you look so…sincere? I don’t know, it’s weird on you.”

She laughed softly, “I don’t know either, maybe it’s because of pregnancy emotions. But I wanna say I wasn’t at all happy with this marriage. Only because I thought it was so quick. I’m protective of you and even though Zakaria probably is the best match for you, no one will ever be good enough for you. I know I need to let go though.” she said, frowning. “I'm happy for you, Ellie. I really am and I'm happy you choose someone who makes you happy. I thought you would have more time but fate must have something different.”

I stared at her for a moment, seeing how hard it was for her to let go of me. Yes, we bicker and fight allot but what sisters don’t? I know she only fights with me because she cares. I smiled at her, “Thanks Mat, I appreciate that.”

She smiled back, “Big steps are coming ahead. Adulthood sucks but you’ll get use to it.”

“Hopefully my life gets boring. I had enough surprises in my life.” I said as we both giggled.

“Us boring? Never.” she said. “Let something bring that wild alpha out and hell hath no fury with you then.”

“Really? We both know whose worse.” I said and she shrugged grinning.

She reached up and pulled some wet hair out of my face, “You look different. I mean, you seem so much more mature. Maybe because of your transformation but you just seem older now.”

“I’m still Aeriela, Mat.” I told her.

She stared at me for a moment before nodding, “I know.” She lowered her hands, “There’s this really cute baby store in town I saw. They have some cute stuff there. Lizaveta wants to work trying to induce labor so she’ll join us. We’ll eat then go.” she said chuckling.

I nodded, “Sure. Sounds good.”

She stood up, “Great. Well I’m gonna go help cook.”

I smiled, “Mat famous pancakes.”

She winked before walking out of my room and closing the door behind her. I stood up from my bed and walked over to my mirror. I appeared every way the same but like Mat said, I feel much older.

*

I hurried over to Zakaria room. I pressed my ear against the and heard very steady breathing. I opened the door and quickly ran over to the bed where he was sleeping until I jumped onto the bed and on top of him.

“Morning!” I said cheerfully.

His body jerked roughly as he woke up and he was startled at first. He looked at me with sleepy eyes and he groaned as his head went back but chuckled, “You should be sleeping the afternoon away. How can you be so awake?”

“I don’t know but I have all this energy.” I said. I rolled off of him and onto the bed, spreading my arms out as I stared up at the ceiling where very old wallpaper was but it gave a nice old fashion look. “Everything is—wonderful. The air clearer, I can hear birds in the sky, and I can smell the breakfast being made downstairs.”

Zakaria rolled over to face me, “I can only imagine since you are wild wolf.”

I turned my head, “We’re both still wolves, Zakaria. It makes me no different.”

“It does though really. It’s proven you are more wolf than me.” he said, making me frown. He smiled, “Hey, I am alright with that. You're mine, I can happily say that.”

I brought my hand up to his face, “Zakaria, we’re both equal though. Enough with that though, I finally transformed.”

He brought his hand down to my chin and lightly grasped it, “I can't wait till those eyes turned into that yellow-blue color.”

I stared up at him for a moment but something about the way he spoke about my wildness—it didn't much flatter me.

I took his hand in mine and smiled, “Mat and Lizaveta going into town. You should come along, maybe I can find some wedding magazines. Sure I won’t understand but I want the wedding to be a mixture of both our cultures.”

He sighed heavily, “As much as I want to—because I really can’t wait to marry you—I'm still my brother Beta and I have to drive three away to handle this switches with a family.”

I frowned, “Everything okay?”

He chuckled, “Of course it is. Nothing major, just their reckless son my brother want to remind the safety of the pack.” He leaned down and pecked me on the lips, “Everything fine. Take my card, buy yourself something.”

“I don’t want your money, Zakaria. Just you.” I said as I leaned up and kissed him. “We only have less than a week left together before I gotta go back. I wanna spend allot of time together.”

“I’ll be in America in two months then two more months you’ll return here. As my wife.” he said, grinning widely.

“Hope you don’t get cold feet.” I said jokingly.

He shook his head, “Never. I am not risking messing this up.”

I stared up at him and I thought about what Ulric said how Zakaria got a girl pregnant. I so badly wanted to bring it up but I couldn’t bring myself to. I told myself Ulric would just do anything to ruin this.

*

I was treated nicely buy some of the pack members. I couldn’t understand them but they gave me a wide smile and small little handmade gifts.

I had some beautiful bracelets on my wrist as we walked into the baby store. It wasn’t a big store, a small little family owned but allot of the stuff was custom made things. Mat picked up a few pillows that had embroidered designs on it and I have never seen her look so interested in pillows. Pregnancy sure does soften her.

Mat eyes widen when she saw a white girl dress, “Look at how tiny this is.” she said.

“Mat, you’re still very early.” I reminded her and she shrugged. I rubbed her tiny belly, “You’re gonna have one heck of a mom.”

“What’s that mean?” she asked before we giggled.

Lizaveta and Mat continued with their time together as they looked at baby things. I boredly check some things out until I felt this weird feeling someone was watching me.

I turned my head slightly to look out the window where across the road I saw a familiar girl. The only reason I recognized her was because of her long ashy blonde hair with an older woman beside her as they two talk. It didn’t seem like a casual one either. The girl looked concern almost.
Feeling this threaten feeling because it felt like she was following me—or I was just being paranoid—I turned my head to see Mat and Lizaveta distracted by the embroidered blankets. I turned around and walked over to the entrance of the shop. I stepped outside and crossed the road over to them.

The girl turned her head as I got closer and she straighten her back. She didn’t give me a look, it was blank. She nodded her head once in some kind of respect.

“Aeriela,” she said quickly as she looked up at me. “I must—“ she halted herself before grabbing the woman arm and spoke to her. The argued for a moment before the girl gave the woman a hard look.

The woman signed heavily as she turned to look at me, “Please, we do not mean any disrespect. My name is Nadia and this is Yuliya Volk.”

“Yuliya?”I questioned as I stared at her and she nodded. I felt like I’ve been slapped in my face since I was standing in front of Zakaria ex. So that’s why she was so angry at him the other day. Yuliya nudged Nadia, speaking to her and Nadia looked hesitant. “What?” I questioned.

“There are things you should know but I don’t see as to why it matters any more.” she said, giving Yuliya a hard look before looking at me with the look gone.

“Tell me.” I said as I looked at Yuliya. “It must be serious if she wants to tell me.”

“We’ll be risking allot though.” Nadia said, speaking to Yuliya in Russian. Now it was just frustrating me since they just would say it.

“Look, I know she’s Zakaria ex. I’m okay with that, it just wasn’t for them. I’m not gonna so anything to her so she doesn’t need to worry about anything.” I told them, hoping to reassure them.

“Oh so it’s handle—“ Nadia started but Yuliya gave her a hard look before stepping towards me.

She reached into her jean pocket and pulled out a photo of a baby only a few months old maybe, “Zakaria child.” she said, her Russian accent strong. I stared down at the photo of the little girl sitting up against a couch. Yuliya stepped closer towards me and I looked at her, “Zakaria liar.” she frowned as she stared at me. No hate, no anger, no jealousy. Just pain.

Nadia grabbed Yuliya arm and pulled her back away from me. Nadia kept her head down, avoiding eye contact, “I’m sorry you must learn this way. Yuliya is one of the daughters of the Beta of Russian. Please, she only wanted to warn you. Zakaria—he could have gain so much from marrying her. One of them was settling a peace between them.”

“Now,” Yuliya said, hesitating like she was thinking. “War.”

“What?” I questioned.

“Aeriela.” I heard from behind me and I turned my head around to see Lizaveta and Mat at the entrance of the baby store. Lizaveta looked really concern.

Yuliya grabbed my arm and my head snapped back to face them. Nadia sighed heavily as she spoke quickly, “Zakaria broke the truce when Yuliya got pregnant. Her father disowned her and they are angry at Alpha Tamaz.”

Someone grabbed my other arm and pulled me away. Lizaveta coldly shouted at Yuliya before pulling me away.

Mat

I angrily walked into the house when we got back. I sniffed out Tamaz scent and I hurried over towards his office where him and Killian was talking until I barged in.

“You’re a liar.” I said as I held my finger at Tamaz who looked confused. My eyes burned sapphire-amber as I walked over to the desk.

Killian grabbed my arm, halting me“Mat?”
I pulled away as I growled, “Yuliya Volk?” I questioned. “Ever gonna bring her up?”

Lizaveta hurried onto the room, breathing heavily as she spoke to Tamaz in their language. Tamaz stood up from the desk looking frustrated, “I see.” He looked at me, “Yuliya is a sick girl, don’t believe what she says.”

I scoffed, “Excuse me? Zakaria has a kid to her!”

“What?” Killian questioned.

“No he does not.” Tamaz said, making me roll my eyes since he was denying it. “Yuliya is a promiscuous girl. Her father tried to settle her with my brother but she knew how to get around. Ask anyone in the pack, they will tell you.”

“You expect me to believe that?” I questioned.

“It’s true.” he said. “Her getting pregnant was the last straw for her father and he banished her here as punishment. He blames me for not watching her carefully and if I kept my eye on her, she wouldn’t have gotten pregnant. She’s a very good actress, she has that weak wolf Nadia under her nails. She'll say anything for Yuliya.”

I growled, “A war? She said now there's a war going on.”

He snorted, “Where doesn’t the Russian pack not have a war with in Europe? She believes her father will forgive her and defend her, meaning starting a war for her behalf.” He stepped around the desk and over towards me, “I can have all my pack come here and tell you this.”

I breathed heavily out my nose, “No need too. But I will put this wedding on hold. She said Zakaria will gain from marrying her. I wonder what Zakaria could gain from marrying Aeriela?”

“I can understand you wanting to protect your sister but they are in love.” he said, making me scoff as I turned away from him and this bullshit. “It’s true, Matilda. They meet and do what wolves do—fall in love. Tell me honestly what would Zakaria gain from marrying Aeriela? We promised nothing to each other when talking about the marriage didn't we? We only agreed it would make an alliance.”

I turned back to face him with my hands on my hips, “Tamaz, after today I don’t feel it’s best—“

“Mat,” Aeriela said, stepping into the office and leaned against the door. “I believe them.”

My eyebrows forward together, “Ellie, I don’t think your grasping what went down earlier. Don't you think this is the perfect reason to at least get to know Zakaria better?”

“I don't want anymore doubt.” she said. “I will marry Zakaria in four months. I trust Alpha Tamaz word and you should too. We don’t know this girl but we know them.”

I wanted to slap her. I wanted to slap myself for listening to this! Even if what that girl said wasn’t true, Zakaria is still shady. Everything about him is shady.

I walked over towards her, “Ellie, lets be smart right now and think—“

She shook her head, “Mat, remember what you told me earlier?” she asked. My mouth dropped, shocked she was using that against me. “Zakaria makes me happy and you said that’s all that matters.”

“We didn’t know about this!”

“I knew Zakaria was engaged before but that’s in the past.” she said, surprising me because she knew that but I didn't.

I stared at her for a moment before turning my head to look at Tamaz. Killian looked like he wanted to say something but he knew since me being Alpha I would only make the decision.

I headed out the door angerily, “The wedding still put on hold.” I told them

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4M 546K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
29.1M 921K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
53.9M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
6.6M 180K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...