A Flirtationship | ✔ (Sample)

By _shreyapandey_

[Now Published!] "God, I like him. I like my best friend. Oh, and he has a girlfriend." He's an attractive f... More

(Edited) Chapter 1
(Edited) Chapter 2 Part I
(Edited) Chapter 2 Part II
(Edited) Chapter 3
(Edited) Chapter 4 Part I
(Edited) Chapter 4 Part II
(Edited) Chapter 5
(Edited) Chapter 6 Part I
(Edited) Chapter 6 Part II
(Edited) Chapter 7
(Edited) Chapter 8
(Edited) Chapter 9
(Edited) Chapter 10
(Edited) Chapter 11 Part I
(Edited) Chapter 11 Part II
(Edited) Chapter 12
(Edited) Chapter 13
(Edited) Chapter 14
(Edited) Chapter 15
(Edited) Chapter 16 Part I
(Edited) Chapter 16 Part II
(Edited) Chapter 16 Part III
(Edited) Chapter 17
(Edited) Chapter 18
(Edited) Chapter 19
(Edited) Chapter 20
(Edited) Chapter 21
(Edited) Chapter 22
(Edited) Chapter 23 Part I
(Edited) Chapter 23 Part II
(Edited) Chapter 24
(Edited) Chapter 25
(Edited) Chapter 26 & 27
(Edited) Chapter 28 & 29
(Edited) Chapter 30 & 31
(Edited) Chapter 32 & 33
(Edited) Chapter 34
(Edited) Chapter 35
F A Q

Prologue

633K 12.5K 9.4K
By _shreyapandey_

A Flirtationship has been published! Yes, you heard that right. The book is available worldwide in ebook and paperback version.

I had to remove the last few chapters of this book earlier, but they are back! At least, temporarily. I know a lot of you couldn't buy my book and I understand. I want everyone to be able to read this story. So go ahead, happy reading! (Edit: Woops! I'm being forced to remove the last few chapters again. I'm so sad to not be able to leave the full book here; I did earlier, but it's been noticed. I had to remove the last couple of chapters once more, otherwise my book would get blacklisted on Amazon. So. Sorry.)

Just one request: please, please, PLEASE leave a review for my book on Amazon and Goodreads. Please help a fellow writer! I understand not everyone can buy the book, but everyone can definitely leave a review. Good or bad, please share your thoughts. It'll help me so much!

Thank you! x

Paperback: http://bit.ly/AFlirtationshipPaperack

Ebook: http://bit.ly/AFlirtationshipEbook

To all the girls who feel invisible

To all the girls who believe they will never find love

To all the girls who feel they are not enough

To all the girls, who have so much to give but love always evades them

You are enough. You will find love. One day someone will see you, and I mean really see you, and your life will change forever. It will happen, I promise.

Copyright

A Flirtationship

© 2018, Shreya Pandey

Published on Wattpad

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. All the characters mentioned and expressed in the book are purely the writer's property. Resemblance to any person is purely co-incidental and not intentional. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author.

In short, try any form of plagiarism and I'll make your life a living hell

:)

Happy Reading x

Touching him was like realizing all you ever wanted was right there in front of you

Memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song

Fighting with him was like trying to solve a crossword and realizing there's no right answer

Regretting him was like wishing you never found out love could be that strong

- Taylor Swift, Red.

There are some things that never change. One of them is my best friend Aiden Walkers barging into my room every Friday night, without fail, to urge me to go to some stupid High School party.

Today is no different.

I am pretty sure he'd be making an appearance tonight as well. Especially tonight. School's out, and Summer has officially begun.

Which is why I am not wearing my favorite tee. I always wear it before the weekend starts, and continue to wear it for two days straight. I know that's gross. But it's just so comfortable. And seeing that I am not going to leave my room during the weekend anyway, it doesn't matter. My mom keeps telling me to throw it away. It's all faded now, with a couple of holes here and there. But I refuse to dump it. So, for obvious reasons, I am not wearing it right now. I don't want Aiden to see me in it.

My bedroom door bursts open at 7 PM exactly, and in strolls Aiden. That's another thing that never changes-the precise time. He can be the most unpunctual creature on this Earth, but he always stomps into my room on time.

"And here you are," I mutter, sounding decidedly unexcited.

"And here I am!" he announces. Honestly, if he expects me to be surprised..."I know you missed me, but I'm here now," he says, plopping down on my bed.

I snort. "Missed you? We were together, like, four hours ago."

"Details-shmetails, don't matter," he brushes it off. "So, are you ready?"

"For what? Another party?" I roll my eyes.

"Exactly!" He does look ready to party though. He's changed out of the red plaid shirt he'd worn to school today, exchanging it for a tight fitting black tee. He's also styled his dark brown hair so that they look effortlessly messy. He looks hot.

"No Aiden, not again. I'm done. We've been going to a different party almost every week. I'm so sick of this now. I don't want to do it anymore. Plus, sophomore year has just ended, so I'm going to-"

"Exactly! Another school year is over. Summer has begun." He's unfazed by my lack of interest. "You can't just miss the start-of-summer party! Everybody's going."

"Well that's just great then. You'll have lots of people to keep you company. You should go without me." I turn back to what I was doing earlier-watching the latest episode of Pretty Little Liars.

"Never!"

"I don't understand why you do this every week Aiden." I sigh. "You have so many friends, why don't you go with them?"

"Because they are not you."

My heart flutters just a little. I think that's one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to me. Aiden smiles down at me, his chocolate eyes twinkling.

"Now chop! Chop! Get dressed. Wear something sexy, okay? It's going to be fun."

It's going to be fun. That's what he says every time. Then when we reach the party, he gets swarmed by all these girls and I'm left to fend for myself. We hardly spend more than an hour together. He always leaves with some chick. Totally not fun.

But he just has this way of coaxing me out of my shell. I have a hard time saying no to him when he flashes that brilliant smile of his, and gives me those pleading puppy-dog eyes.

So that's how I find myself at yet another party this week.

It's the same old shit, just a different day. The house is filled with stench of sweat and thrumming of the bass. Teenagers are dancing to the obnoxious hip-hop music playing. Couples have occupied the couches or the corners and are making out. Red plastic cups litter the floor.

Aiden's immediately swarmed by people as soon as we enter. They either greet him from afar, or come up to him, offering him beer or punch laced with alcohol. Why did I have to be friends with a popular extrovert? It's so tiring.

He's talking to his team-mates (he plays soccer at school) when suddenly a girl pushes past the guys and comes up to him. It's Brittany, the girl he hooked up with last week.

Oh dear Lord, here we go.

"Hello Aiden," she coos, gently playing with her hair. I stare at her face, her lips in particular. How are they so pouty and red? And how is her hair so bouncy? What's her secret? What products does she use?

She gently takes Aiden's hands in hers, tracing soft patterns on his wrist. "So, do you want to go somewhere more...private?" She flutters her eyelashes. Her fulsome lips have now formed a smirk.

Ugh. Kill me already.

I roll my eyes. Of course, he'll nod now and then they'll go to some secluded corner of the house and get it on. And I'll just stare around awkward and-

"No, not today Brittany. I'm busy," he responds.

Say what!?

Her mouth has dropped open. "Busy? With what?" she demands, annoyed.

"As you can see, I'm here with my best friend. So you'll just have to find some other guy to mess around with."

Brittany glares at me, then him, and then walks away.

I instantly turn to Aiden. "Wow, what was that? Are you bored of Brittany already? Have someone else in mind?"

He smirks. "Yeah, you." He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. My heart jolts in my chest.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, now wait a second-

He lets go, chuckling. "I'm not going to abandon you tonight. I promised you we'll have fun, and I'm keeping my promise. Tonight, we're going to party together."

"Uh...I don't know if-"

"C'mon." He takes my hand in his and guides me through the throng of people, leading us towards the dance floor. "Now dance with me."

The song changes to a pop number, the beat picking up. My hair flies and flips, our bodies move in synch with each other. And so we dance, jumping and twisting along the beats.

He grabs my hand and turns me around. My gaze falls on this girl. She's just been sitting there on the couch with a friend of hers, ogling Aiden since he came here. Her eyes have practically been glued to him. Looks like someone has a crush. She's really pretty, the kind of girl Aiden hooks up with in empty bedrooms.

I shift my gaze back to Aiden and notice he's been looking at me. There's this weird intensity in his gaze. His chest is rising and falling with rapid breaths. My heart stops beating for a moment. For the next few seconds, our gazes stay locked on each other. The air in the room suddenly feels heavier. My insides twist and my breath comes out in breaks. We keep dancing over the next hour, but something's changed.

Aiden and I have our arms around each other, and every time he exhales, I can feel it on my cheek.

He takes a step closer. My breath quickens.

Why do I get the feeling that he's going to kiss me?

His lips hover close to mine. His eyes burn with a silent question. He starts leaning ever so slowly and-

I turn away. "Um, I feel really thirsty. I think I'm going to go get a drink," I murmur.

"Oh, uh sure," he massages the back of his neck awkwardly. "I'll come with you."

I shake my head furiously. "No, no, it's okay. I'll be back in a few. Till then, why don't you talk to her." I gesture towards that girl I'd noticed looking at him earlier. She is still looking at him. Her face flames up when I suddenly point towards her. She instantly looks elsewhere. "She's been looking at you for a while. She's definitely interested."

Before he could protest, I turned around and walked away. I really was tired, and I actually needed a drink. But even the dumbest person could figure out that that wasn't the reason I practically ran from Aiden.

He just...he took me off-guard. What was he thinking!? We can't kiss. I mean-we're friends. We've never really thought of each other like that. It wouldn't feel right.

Or would it?

I wrap my arms around myself, suddenly feeling cold.

Think about it Scarlett, would it really be so bad for you two to kiss? You know you want to.

I shake my head in refusal, as if I'm arguing with someone. I must look like an idiot.

Oh c'mon. Don't be a chicken. Go back there and kiss him.

Fine. Okay, yes. I'm going to do it. What's the worst that could happen?

*

Aiden wastes no time. After my inner struggle in the kitchen, I go back to the hall to do what I should have the first time.

But of course, Aiden listened to me. He is talking to that girl just like I suggested him to. I can't really go and kiss him now, can I?

Well, you know what? It is probably for the best. What was I thinking?! What's the worst that could happen? It would change everything.

Little did I know that things had already started to change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

488K 15K 63
A Ninjago fanfiction...where you and your ninja boyfriend meet through an online dating website! I haven't seen anything like this before, so I thoug...
11.5M 233K 48
Jordan's life changed the moment she met Jesse Jacobsen. He was immature, cocky, and the most annoying boy she had ever met in her entire life. And h...
546K 14K 32
"Are you crazy?! Piss off!" Sam Harrison screams. "You can't turn down an opportunity like this, sweetheart. I know you'd die to be seen with me as...
1.6K 74 4
Continuation of Miss Vogue!