Love at first sight

By Lahlah1128

Lexi Reynolds is a typical 19 year old from Dallas, Texas; she's sweet, kind, funny, and beautiful. But, she'... More

Love at first sight: Intro
Chapter 1: Meeting someone you already know.
Chapter 2: Dinner Reservations
Chapter 3: A night to remember
Chapter 4: A night under the stars?
Chapter 5: Am I dreaming?
Chapter 6: Beginning of something special.
Chapter 7: Will you be mine?
Chapter 8: Tragic events
Chapter 9: Excessive darkness
Chapter 10: Out of the darkness, and into the light.
Chapter 11: Blissfulness
Chapter 12: Recovery
Chapter 14: Home
Chapter 15: Meeting new people
Chapter 16: Welcome to our family
Chapter 17: Engagement Party
Chapter 18: Didn't think we'd be here again.
SEQUEL INFO DOWN BELOW!!
Sequel!

Chapter 13: They don't know about us

109 5 1
By Lahlah1128

Lex's P.O.V.

While grabbed some things he needed from his flat to stay a few nights with me, I just sat on his couch admiring the pitures of what seemed to be his mother, his father, and his brother at a wedding kind of thing. He looked really happy and handsome. I played with the hem of my shirt just fiddling with it. My mind started to wander to my family. I really miss them and a pang of guilt filled my stomach as I thought about if they were okay. I laid down just resting since I had had a few long days which for most of the time I was unconcious. I started to drift into a blissful sleep, slowly closing my eyes. 

Niall's P.O.V.

It felt almost too quiet in my desolate house. I was only worried because I didn't hear any noise at all. I began walking slowly towards the living room where I find the most angelic human being in a deep sleep. I felt bad becasue the couch wasn't nearly comfortable. I had slept on it before and always woke upwith a stiff neck. I walked over to the limp body and gently put my arm behind her back and put the other one underneath her legs. She didn't wake at my movements she just cuddled into me. I walked slowly down the hall to my destination. Once inside my room, i peeled the covers to my bed back so I could place Lex under the sheets comfortably. I laid her down gently and pulled the covers up so that she wasn't cold. She looked so peaceful and happy in her deep unconcious state.

I so badly wanted to get in the bed with her but decided to get my stuff that I needed all together so that whenever she wanted to leave, I would be ready to go. I made a mental list checking things off.

-toothbrush

-deodorant 

-cologne 

-clothes

-gel

-underwear

-phone charger

After I had finished getting everything I needed, I walked over to the bed and slipped in with Alex. I protectively wrapped my arms around her waist as I tangled my feet with hers gently and brought her body closer to mine. The heat radiating off of her body was calming. I listened to her slow breathing and relaxed knowing she was safe in my arms. I started to fall into the depths of darkness that invited me.

I had only slept for an hour when I jumped awake from the sound of thunder. I looked out of my window and saw that the sky was concealed with dark, haunting clouds as droplets of rain invaded the air. Luckily, I didn't wake Lexi up. I looked at her wrists and remembered our short conversation about her scars in the hospital but she never really did tell me why she did that to herself. Without hesitation, I gently brought her forearm that was marked with ragged marks and started kissing them. I also started tracing the cuts with the tips of my fingers trying to be soft and gentle. As I held this beautiful girl in my arms, I realized that I was missing her all along and that I wouldn't be the same without her. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard her sniff, indicating that she was crying. I dropped my eyes to meet her watery blue eyes. They didn't look like they were sad but more like they were happy and joyful tears. 

"What's wrong?" I asked her curiouly trying to figure out if i had done something wrong.

"Its just- I mean- I - No o-one has ever made me feel so loved, and no o-one has ever k-kissed my s-s-scars." she said with this hopeful tone in her voice.

I tilted her chin up so that our lips could meet, but before kissing her I let my lips brush against her as I whispered, "I Love You, I love you so much, Your scars are beautiful and that's why I kissed them. I want to always remember that you are still here and didn't give up on life or family or school. You are the reason I look forward to waking up because I know you'll be right there beside me. Without you I'm nothing, I love you Forever and always." She gasped at the last few words that left my mouth and that's when I knew I would do anything to make her happy. I used my thumb to wipe the fallen tears that rested on her cheeks.

"I love you too." she whispered before pressing her lips gently to mine. This kiss had meaning to it. It had love, passion, warmth, and thoughtfulness. 

I am definetly enamored with this girl.

"Niall, you deserve to know the truth." I waited patiently as she started talking about her painful past. "I was abused by my last boyfriend, in different ways." I watched her eyes fall as she stared at my bare chest before continuing. "Jason.." she sighed and hesitantly continued, "always told me stuff about myself that I started believing-"

"What else has that jerk said to you?" I said angry about the stupid idiot who had caused her pain.

"He would call me names and call me fat and called me worthless and I started believing him.." I saw her eyes start to get watery so I entwined my fingers with hers as she continued. "He also would hit me and slap me. He never cared about me. Sometimes he would come home to his apartment super drunk when I would be there waiting for him to come home so we could hang and he would get so angry and would take things too far."

My eyes widened and I immediately knew what she meant. "Lexi, I promise I will never ever lay a finger on you in an inappropriate manor. I will never hurt you, I will always protect you." I said bewildered by the thought of a man hitting a woman. If I ever saw him, I would beat the living crap outta him. He hurt my Alexandra, he would hit her and God knows what else he did to her but now I know why she feels so insecure and unloved. She started quietly crying. She had never opened up to anyone and I was here to be the person who listened to her and comforted her. I started rubbing circles in her back and kissing her forehead lightly trying to calm her down a little bit.

"Can you s-sing for me?" she asked quietly while tears still rolled down her face. I gently placed my thumb swiping the tears away from her cheek.

"Anything for you, my love." I started singing her a song I knew all to well.

People say we shouldnt be together

Too young to know about forever

But I say they dont know what they're talk talk talkin about

Cause this love is only getting stronger

So I dont wanna wait any longer

I just wanna tell the world that you're mine girl

Ohh

They dont know about the things we do

They dont know about the I love you's

But I bet you if they only knew

They would just be jealous of us

They dont know about the up all nights

They dont know I've waited all my life

Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby they dont know about

They dont know about us

One touch and I was a believer

Every kiss it gets a little sweeter

Its getting better

Keeps getting better all the time girl

They dont know about the things we do

They dont know about the I love you's

But I bet you if they only knew

They would just be jealous of us

They dont know about the up all nights

They dont know I've waited all my life

Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby they dont know about

They dont know about us

They dont know how special you are

They dont know what youve done to my heart

They can say anything they want

Cause they dont know 'bout us

They dont know what we do best

It's between me and you our little secret

But I wanna tell 'em

I wanna tell the world that you're mine girl

They dont know about the things we do

They dont know about the I love yous

But I bet you if they only knew

They would just be jealous of us

They dont know about the up all nights

They dont know I've waited all my life

Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby they dont know about

They dont know about us

They dont know about the things we do

They dont know about the I love yous

But I bet you if they only knew

They would just be jealous of us

They dont know about the up all nights

They dont know I've waited all my life

Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby they dont know about

They dont know about us

As I sang the last few words she drifted off into sleep again. Looking peaceful and happy once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 47.9K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
1M 42.6K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...