Chapter 16: Welcome to our family

Niall's P.O.V.

*Earlier in the day while Niall is talking to Lex's mom before Lexi comes and joins the conversation. Before Niall gives lex the letter.

"Mrs. Reynolds, I know you and I just met but I can promise you that I will always love your daughter, and I will treat her with respect and will always protect her from harm. I can make her the happiest girl in the world. I can always be there for her. I will always be her best friend." I looked at her in the eyes making sure she knew I was absolutely telling the truth. Tears were now somewhat present in my eyes. "Can I have your daughter's hand in marriage?" 

 "Niall you seem like a lovely boy and I would love you to be in our family. So yes you have my consent." she said smiling, tears now presently glossing her eyes.

I couldn't believe it. I was going to ask Lexi to marry me. All these thoughts started running through my head when Lexi's presence notified me something was bothering her. It didnt take me long to find that somebody.

*Flashfoward back to after Lex reads the letter.

 After we broke away from our loving embrace I turned faced away from him to retrieve the letter and the envelope. When I turned around, I saw Niall on one knee. My heart started pounding and all these tgoughts started going through my mind. I had been dating Niall for about a month and I already knew for sure in my mind that he was the one. I placed my hands over my mouth as I tried muffling my crying. He put his hand out gesturing for me to grab it so I walked forward and held his hand. "Alexandra Michelle Reynolds, " he paused with tears now staining his face as he wiped them away. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I want to make you the happiest you can be. I want to protect you from people you are afraid of. I want to give you all that you deserve. I know it won't be easy. There will be some sacrifices but I'm willing to make them if you are. When I first laid eyes on you," he smiled down shyly while trying to control his tears, he was super nervous and excited. "I knew right away that you were the one." He kissed the back of my hand as I couldn't contain my happy sobs. "I will do anything and everything it takes to make you feel loved and make you feel home again. I will never give up on us and no matter what, I will always be there for you. Will you grow old with me? Will you make some little sacrifices to marry me? Will you and do you unconditionally love me the way I love you? Do you want to be the mother to my children? Last but not least, Will you do the honors of becoming my wife??"

He then pulled out the ring from his pocket of his sweater. There is no one I would rather spend the rest of my life with. He opened up the little box to show me a beautiful engagement ring with beautiful round diamonds. 

"Yes, Yes, a million times yes." I jumped on him and we landed on the ground, me on top of him as he leaned forward to place a kiss to my lips. He stood up and grabbed my hand to pick me up off the ground. Then he slowly put the ring on my ring finger.

I couldn't believe it. This is actually happening. We are going to get married. He is going to be mine forever.

We embraced eachother as he kissed me passionately holding me in his arms. He then carried up to our room and we got settled in bed. Tomorrow we would wake up being engaged. 

He kissed me goodnight, and wrapped his arms around my waist under the warmth of the covers pulling me closer to his body.  

What an amazing way to start our vacation. I thought and smiled while kissing him one last time. 

I then fell into a dreamless sleep in the arms of my fiance. 

*******************************************************************